Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part IV

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-08, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While trying to find the new place to input a code on the new site I actually read the details of the standard 60% off offer and noticed there were some extra details in there not mentioned in the banner ad like:

25% off all Blu-Ray no other purchase required

and more oddly...

Get a free Spiderman 2 special edition with the purchase of any Action title

Tried it in my cart and it works. I've never seen a CH offer for a specific free title. Have you? And I would never have known about it had I not read the offer details as I can't find the special offer listed anywhere else on the site including the main page of the Action genre.

Guess I will have to start reading the offer details a little more closely from now on.
Old 06-05-08, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ they offered munich and just like heaven for free about 2 years ago

i also mentioned it a while back here
Old 06-05-08, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by avoiceoreason
and more oddly...

Get a free Spiderman 2 special edition with the purchase of any Action title

Tried it in my cart and it works. I've never seen a CH offer for a specific free title. Have you? And I would never have known about it had I not read the offer details as I can't find the special offer listed anywhere else on the site including the main page of the Action genre.

Guess I will have to start reading the offer details a little more closely from now on.
I received Superman Returns and Spiderman 2 last week for 5.95, Spidey was free for buying SR. Free shipping too, life is good.
Old 06-05-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by avoiceoreason
While trying to find the new place to input a code on the new site I actually read the details of the standard 60% off offer and noticed there were some extra details in there not mentioned in the banner ad like:

25% off all Blu-Ray no other purchase required
The Blu-ray discs have been discounted that way for a while now. It's not like you get an additional 25% off. Don't I wish.
Old 06-05-08, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
^ they offered munich and just like heaven for free about 2 years ago

i also mentioned it a while back here
Ahh, missed that. Apologies for the repost.
Old 06-05-08, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by Watson2
I received Superman Returns and Spiderman 2 last week for 5.95, Spidey was free for buying SR. Free shipping too, life is good.
Me too, even though I already have Spiderman 2 SE. It was too good a deal to pass up! My Spidey came in a slip-case as well. Now to decide which one to sell...
Old 06-05-08, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Me too, even though I already have Spiderman 2 SE. It was too good a deal to pass up! My Spidey came in a slip-case as well. Now to decide which one to sell...
Was it you who posted the heads-up? Whoever it was THANKS. No slip case here.
Old 06-06-08, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
And... Is it just me or is the "Deal of the Day" missing?
If you have something in the cart, applicable offers (More Great Savings) and the Deal of the Day show on that page. (Today's is We Are Marshall.)
Old 06-06-08, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^OK, thanks! I've only put something in the cart once to verify the code window appears and did not look at/for anything else.

This really makes it a pain to check as I'll either have to keep something there or add something daily just for this. Of course, if we can't get codes back coupled with the long ago death of $.99 shipping for prefered members the DOD is a bit of a wash, eh?
Old 06-06-08, 10:48 AM

I called CH yesterday and asked why code 805798 would not work on the new site when it was suppose to be good until 06/30. I was told that it was an invalid code. ?????? has anyone got ANY code to work on the new site???? They did say they would continue to offer codes. They also told me that there is ALWAYS an unadvertised "Call in" code every Thursday for phone orders. You have to call to see what that week's deal is. Yesterday it was B1+60%+10%off entire order.
Old 06-06-08, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

got the new site today for the first time. only one of my freebies from my remaining outstanding orders (batman begins bluray) is missing. i guess i should consider myself lucky...oh well will call them monday morning...
Old 06-07-08, 12:24 AM

I think with the new site format they made a lot of new codes and deleted the old ones
Old 06-07-08, 06:56 AM

Has anyone actually had anything ship since the new site appeared? I made and order and my CC was charged on May 29 and it still hasn't shipped. I have like 5 or 6 different discs on order that just say "Processing".
Old 06-07-08, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by vcuram
Has anyone actually had anything ship since the new site appeared? I made and order and my CC was charged on May 29 and it still hasn't shipped. I have like 5 or 6 different discs on order that just say "Processing".
Yes I have. 2 orders on 2 accounts. BUT I'm having codes withdrawl. I can't find a single code that will work. Does anyone know if they have increased the number of digits? has anyone got any mailings referring to codes for the new site?
Old 06-07-08, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by vcuram
Yes. I place one order the day before the new site appeared on my account. The order shipped yesterday according to my order history.
Old 06-07-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I thought I might skate thru this change unskaved(?). Guess not.

Signed into my account 2 days ago & saw it was finally switched over. I didn't check my 2 outstanding b1g4 orders until today & saw that one came thru fine & had mostly shipped yesterday. The other lost all of its' freebie titles. Guess I'll be cancelling that one as the b1 come out Tuesday after next(17th).

Until I (or someone) posts a legitimate code(s) from CH, I can't even try to look for others - if I even can anymore.
Old 06-07-08, 09:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by thejester

Signed into my account 2 days ago & saw it was finally switched over. I didn't check my 2 outstanding b1g4 orders until today & saw that one came thru fine & had mostly shipped yesterday. The other lost all of its' freebie titles. Guess I'll be cancelling that one as the b1 come out Tuesday after next(17th).

Until I (or someone) posts a legitimate code(s) from CH, I can't even try to look for others - if I even can anymore.

dang!

that sucks.

Old 06-08-08, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like Merle Haggard would say "Are The Good Times Really Over For Good?" Let's hope not. Hope you can figure it out jester. Thanks for all the good years you've given us.
Old 06-08-08, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Jester, arent the codes that come in the mail on the cards still valid?
Old 06-08-08, 09:34 AM

I got overcharged on a few of the B1G4 and a few never showed up. When I called in, I asked about them and was told I would just have to reorder them, because they had no record. When I asked about a few obscure titles I HAD received, they had no record of the title or the order number. I had them send me a print out of what I got and was charged and received a tiny sheet of a few dvds. I called back in, and they said it would have to go to a special department (which it had to get THIS letter). ...trickery. I'll never know what any of these charges are.

...Lost $10 in fun cash since yesterday when the site changed. I haven't ordered in over a month. I lost $60 during the B1G4, and lost an FC order. Regardless of what happened, they need to get some things fixed over there. So unorganized.

Last edited by McButton; 06-08-08 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-08-08, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Jester, arent the codes that come in the mail on the cards still valid?
Nope. Not unless you got a mailing for the new web site yet. All previous 80xxxx codes have gone dead.
Old 06-08-08, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

OK, the one I just got in the mail doesnt work either. Man I sure hope the party is not over......
Old 06-08-08, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Viewing the source of my offer page still shows the current offer code as a "80xxxx" number, even though the site now says online codes are seven digits. So perhaps we're just in a transition phase here. The website is still kind of wonky.
Old 06-08-08, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This could be the end of CH greatness as we know it...
Old 06-08-08, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

same thing happened to me. One of my B1G4 orders went through (at least so far) and the other lost it's G4 titles. I still have two other titles that were freebies but were not shipped that are outstanding.

It's been hell trying to figure out their logic in doing what they did. I figure it's a combination of low IQ and maliciousness.

I have never met a bigger bunch of assholes than CH. Though we did use their code, instead of trying to deal with it and cancel orders or what not, they became mailicious and downright liars. It will be a long time before I join again (though I don't think they will care). There are too many deals out there and while CH can save you money it's not the end all it used to be.

Did anybody dispute their charges -- so far I have not had to. I got one CSR that acutally tried to help me but screwed up in the returns. The next CSR was all friendly until after she talked to a supervisor. She than became hostile and did not even make it right. When I asked to talk to a supervisor, suddenly they were all busy. I'm almost finished with them, but still have to get two G4 titles and clear these last two up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.