Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-08, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to do that Mummy thing, but there is the new edition of The Mummy coming up shortly. They should have that since they had the Frankenstein and Dracula sets.
Old 06-16-08, 12:13 AM

I want to get the whole legacy collection, I already have The Invisible Man and I loved watching the different movies it has on it, 5 in all.

I seem to be getting off topic a bit so...

Any new codes out there since we moved into our new home?
Old 06-16-08, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Late to the party and this forum's always confusing.... is the B1G4F still going on?
Old 06-16-08, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No.
Old 06-16-08, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Late to the party and this forum's always confusing.... is the B1G4F still going on?
B1G4F is long dead (and was never, technically, a valid deal anyway). But it gets worse: the new Columbia House website no longer allows any of the standard sale offer codes to be used. We are hoping that they will eventually release codes that work with the new website, but that remains to be seen.

Unless you get a deal through e-mail linked to your account, there is nothing much going on right now, so far as sale offers are concerned.
Old 06-16-08, 01:21 PM

Has anyone been able to figure out if there is a 7 digit code embedded in these e-mail offers? I can't seem to make any connection but then I suck at Soduko and Word Jumble.
Old 06-16-08, 09:31 PM

10% off today only

There's a deal on the new website for 10% off today only. It shows up about 1/2 way down on the right side. Nothing much, but I buy mostly sets, so it helps, since most of the codes are useless on sets.

BTW, their new website stinks. My wishlist has titles superimposed over other titles, and navigation is horrible. Don't they beta test these things?
Old 06-17-08, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by melodique
...BTW, their new website stinks. My wishlist has titles superimposed over other titles, and navigation is horrible. Don't they beta test these things?
Apparently not. I think that we, the Columbia House customers, are the beta testers.

I'm a bit annoyed with the new format for the "Upcoming Releases" category. It isn't organized by release date and that makes it more difficult for me to spot newly added titles for my "Not Yet Available for Enrollment" list. I pretty much have to memorize every title on the list to notice the new ones. At least they split it between TV on DVD and regular DVDs and purged the lists of video games, which used to clutter things up.

But the big downside is the lack of working sale offer codes. My guess when the new site was introduced was that they were trying to clean up the use of codes on accounts to which they weren't assigned. If that is true, Columbia House memberships become a less compelling deal.
Old 06-17-08, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Strange thing is that when I recently got a B1G1 offer in my email, it used the same sort of code as before in the link and when it took me to the new site it worked fine. However, when I tried entering the same code manually it was refused.
Old 06-17-08, 02:32 PM

well with blu-ray just about to become the main media form of choice,they should start a blu-ray club before it`s too late.I hope columbia house doesn`t get caught with thier pants down and wait to long like vhsclub.vhs tapes are worthless now.
Old 06-17-08, 03:37 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bloopbleep
well with blu-ray just about to become the main media form of choice,they should start a blu-ray club before it`s too late.I hope columbia house doesn`t get caught with thier pants down and wait to long like vhsclub.vhs tapes are worthless now.
If any members decide that DVDs too are "worthless"than I will be more than happy to take them off your hands.
Old 06-17-08, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by zombeaner
I was going to do that Mummy thing, but there is the new edition of The Mummy coming up shortly. They should have that since they had the Frankenstein and Dracula sets.
I would go with the Mummy Collection, it's doubtful that the new Mummy will look any better and with the Collection you get all the other Mummy films, which I quite enjoy.
Old 06-18-08, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I tried 808939 for free shipping, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I'm trying to order a boxed set but the shipping is $7.99.

Are there any current codes for free shipping?
Old 06-18-08, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dr. Mantle
I tried 808939 for free shipping, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I'm trying to order a boxed set but the shipping is $7.99.
Free shipping usually doesn't work on box sets but just a few times a year.
Old 06-19-08, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
...and by "just about", you mean several years away?
Old 06-19-08, 09:51 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by Overpar
...and by "just about", you mean several years away?
It won't happen. Blu Ray is about 1% market share now. By the time it works into the 10-20% market share we'll all be on digital downloads or something else. IMHO
Old 06-19-08, 11:54 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Trevor
It won't happen. Blu Ray is about 1% market share now. By the time it works into the 10-20% market share we'll all be on digital downloads or something else. IMHO
i totally agree

you can already DL HD content pretty quickly... when you can stream is as well as standard def stuff, the game will be over, imo...
Old 06-19-08, 01:34 PM

TODAY ONLY FREE SHIPPING ON CALL-IN ORDERS
ends 11:59 tonight 06/19

I have placed an order on 2 different accounts and was given the free shipping on BOTH.
Old 06-19-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by LKRUNNELS

I have placed an order on 2 different accounts and was given the free shipping on BOTH.
I don't suppose it would include box sets, would it?
Old 06-19-08, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by An4h0ny
i totally agree

you can already DL HD content pretty quickly... when you can stream is as well as standard def stuff, the game will be over, imo...
It's hard to say what's going to happen, but Rogers Cable in Canada are already putting restrictions on how much you can download. They may start putting packages together for certain amount of Gigs of data like the cable tv tiered programming packages. Plus, I haven't heard of any downloadable content with the high def audio formats. But, I don't want to get to far off topic.
Old 06-19-08, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by joltman
I don't suppose it would include box sets, would it?
Nope as usual no free shipping on box sets.
Old 06-19-08, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
dvds were at 1% market share also.It will come and come quick.if one of us remembers please revisit this topic around this Christmas. the ps3 and wal-mart will be the two main driving forces.
Old 06-19-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
dvds were at 1% market share also.It will come and come quick.if one of us remembers please revisit this topic around this Christmas. the ps3 and wal-mart will be the two main driving forces.
But VHS to DVD > DVD to BR by a huge margin, so I don't think your analogy holds.

BR has already been on shelves for over 2 years now (and talked about for much longer). Considering the huge leg up it had in available content compared to DVD's release, a public comfortable with the thought of digital media, and the huge advance market penetration of HD displays, BR should be well ahead of where it is by now to get to where some think it will soon be. And, with the demise of HD-DVD, there is now less market force to lower prices, and people will simply not pay more than double for something that to most of them looks barely any different. Today's rough cost of obtaining even a (relatively) modest sized collection of 40-50 DVDs would increase by $1000 over DVD when you include media and player. I think PS3 wll have little effect. How much did the much more popular/out a year sooner XBOX 360 help HD-DVD? PS3 is a game system that BTW happens to play BR.
Old 06-20-08, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got email: B1G1 + 60% off. Code from banner URL is 805625.
Old 06-20-08, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
Got email: B1G1 + 60% off. Code from banner URL is 805625.
Not good in my account. Nor, 87xxxx or 82xxxx variations. CH really needs to work on their code acceptance protocol - or revert back to the old site.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.