Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

DVD Club: TV Edition Introduction and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-05, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just checked my account history for my enrollment order. One of the boxsets says "awaiting stock" and the other doesn't even show up in the order. The former isn't a big deal, but should I be concerned about the latter?
Old 02-01-05, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
I'm curious as to what the longest one has waited for a welcome/approval letter on a creative order, as I have one out and would like timeframe as to when to drop my hopes.
I've done 2 and the longest one was 5 days and it was with the HJ6 code. I FINALLY got the enrollments TODAY (applied on 1/14, accepted on 1/19, supposedly shipped 1/21)!!!!!
Old 02-01-05, 01:10 PM

I'm curious as to what the longest one has waited for a welcome/approval letter on a creative order, as I have one out and would like timeframe as to when to drop my hopes.
Has anyone successfully been approved using gmail? This is the second time I've tried using gmail. I never got a welcome letter the first time. This time, it's been 4 days and still no welcome letter.
Old 02-01-05, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by zooiiks
Has anyone successfully been approved using gmail? This is the second time I've tried using gmail. I never got a welcome letter the first time. This time, it's been 4 days and still no welcome letter.
Call me stupid, but what is gmail? I'm thinking snail mail, but I really just don't know
Old 02-01-05, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Call me stupid, but what is gmail? I'm thinking snail mail, but I really just don't know
Google-sponsored webmail, like hotmail, only you get a gig of storage.
G-mail.com
Old 02-01-05, 02:16 PM

Signed up using gmail on Jan 24, got approval on Jan 26. Signed up for a second account using a different gmail address on Jan 26 and still waiting approval on that one.

Old 02-01-05, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Google-sponsored webmail, like hotmail, only you get a gig of storage.
G-mail.com
Thanks for the info I learned something new today
Old 02-01-05, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got my enrollements yesterday/today:

Star Trek: TOS S2
Gilmore Girls: S1

and

Star Trek: DS9 S1
Star Trek: DS9 S7

I figure that way, on the off chance that I don't buy anymore DS9 seasons, at least I've got the series beginning and end.
Old 02-01-05, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by zooiiks
This could be a dumb question, but did you check your spam/junk folder? I've never seen an ounce of spam in my inbox, and I know I forget to check the junk for legit stuff from time to time.
Old 02-01-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jpdude
... I just applied for a new tv acct, choosing I Love Lucy Seasons 1 & 2 as my selections and have just received my application confirmation e-mail.

Originally Posted by thejester
Same here. And here I thought I'd be first one this?? No matter.

Only bad thing about this is that I already have all the Star Trek DS9 & TNG series. Bummer.
Today i received my acct approval e-mail for this one. I hope yours gets approved as well.
Old 02-01-05, 06:31 PM

Well, I've been officially declined. I've applied a few times but haven't received any notice, even via email, until now. My first application was put in on 1/11, shortly after this thread was revived, and I receive a letter in the mail today, 2/1, which was dated 1/18. I had applied a second time shortly after the 18th so this letter must be from my first application. I played it safe during my initial app and selected items that show up on website. After seeing the apps being approved for other box sets reapplied. Basically, the letter from the CH TV Club doesn't give any readon except for
Dear Applicant:
Thank you for your application for membership. Unfortunately, we are unable to issue a membership at this time.

We appreciate your interest in Columbia House and regret that we will not have the opportunity to serve you.

New Member Services
Now, I had 2 DV2 Club accounts and 2 CH DVD accounts of which 3 of the 4 have been fulfilled. Is there a number of total accounts within CH one can have? I know that it's limited 2 per club. I went ahead and cancelled 2 of those accounts leaving one active DV2 account and one CH DVD club which I recently opened and still needs to be fulfilled. It looks like those accounts are now gone because I can no longer log into them.

I may try again in a few days but won't have my hopes up. Last year when the TV Club was around I couldn't get approved either, not even a single response.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get approved?
Old 02-01-05, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rdodolak
Anyone have any ideas on how to get approved?
You won't be able to get the "creative" selections, but last year after I stopped getting approved on these via the web I found success placing orders over the phone. You might want to give it a shot, what can it hurt?
Old 02-01-05, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

... I just applied for a new tv acct, choosing I Love Lucy Seasons 1 & 2 as my selections and have just received my application confirmation e-mail.

Today i received my acct approval e-mail for this one. I hope yours gets approved as well.
Don't know about the email approval yet, but my CC shows a charge 2 days after the app was submitted & no other activity was pending on that CC. So, it looks like I'm good to go also.

Now to check for that email - I'm having to re-load a new HD after my previous one crashed w/out warning. Fortunately, I only last a few minor files - it's just taking time to re-build. And here I was just thinking a few weeks ago about re-loading my OS???
Old 02-01-05, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You won't be able to get the "creative" selections, but last year after I stopped getting approved on these via the web I found success placing orders over the phone. You might want to give it a shot, what can it hurt?
From what I've been seeing on my web submissions, CH seems to be limiting enrollments to almost a 2(+/-) week span between attempts. Phone submissions don't seem to hurt this scenario.
Old 02-01-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts
Originally Posted by thejester
From what I've been seeing on my web submissions, CH seems to be limiting enrollments to almost a 2(+/-) week span between attempts. Phone submissions don't seem to hurt this scenario.
No, because I applied for two accounts withing a week and they were both approved. I am waiting on my third though.
Old 02-01-05, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by rdodolak
Now, I had 2 DV2 Club accounts...
I've read this from other people as well. Why would you need two DV2 accounts? It is mostly for the discounts and free shipping. Just to get a couple of discs for $10?
Old 02-01-05, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

BTW, I checked my CC statement online. Went through, and I used one "creative" title on my order.
Old 02-01-05, 10:50 PM

Could someone give me the ItemID for the Black Adder Complete Series?

TIA
Old 02-01-05, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by timeor
Could someone give me the ItemID for the Black Adder Complete Series?

TIA
Old 02-02-05, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
BTW, I checked my CC statement online. Went through, and I used one "creative" title on my order.
Do you remember when you applied for that one?
Old 02-02-05, 07:25 AM
Cool New Member

I got my enrollment selections today! I signed up a week ago, so they came much faster than I imagined they would.

I ordered CSI seasons 1 and 2.

It says I only need to purchase 2 more titles.

Definetely a bargain! I could sell those sets for almost $50 each on half.com and turn a nice profit if I wanted.
Old 02-02-05, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
This could be a dumb question, but did you check your spam/junk folder? I've never seen an ounce of spam in my inbox, and I know I forget to check the junk for legit stuff from time to time.
Yep, checked my spam/junk folder. Nothing. Very odd because this only seems to happen with my gmail account. I tried using a different email account and had no problems. Sucks because I'd like to open a second account, but I don't want to flood the place with applications. How long do you guys usually wait before you resubmit assuming you never got an approval letter?
Old 02-02-05, 10:39 AM

I applied online Sunday night and received the approval e-mail on Tuesday.
Old 02-02-05, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All the stupid comments and arguing HAVE BEEN REMOVED. If anyone continues, I'll be suspending them. The arguing ends here, and now
Old 02-02-05, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Do you remember when you applied for that one?
Friday or Saturday night.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.