Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-06, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Time I've given this a try.

Used code C7Y (6 enrollment @ $0.49 + 1 more @ $9.95 w/ commitment to buy 2 more @ regular price within 2 years)

1) Crash
2) The Blues Brothers 25th Anniversary Edition
3) Carlito's Way Ultimate Edition
4) The Warrior's Ultimate Director's Cut
5) Donnie Brasco
6) To Kill A Mockingbird Legacty Series
7) The Color Purple Special Edition

If this works out... I'll be signing up for another account in a week, canceling both after the orders are received, start over with two new accounts, repeat every week there after.

Question (I hope this in the correct place) about the refer a friend gig. Can I refer a friend, and once they've signed up, have them refer me right back, so on and so forth? I assume this has been asked before and answered, but I've been reading about how to do this for about 45 minutes and didn't see anything about it.

Thank you,

Neogeo12
Old 03-30-06, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Neogeo12

Question (I hope this in the correct place) about the refer a friend gig. Can I refer a friend, and once they've signed up, have them refer me right back, so on and so forth?
Just ignore the sign up a friend and keep using the codes listed here. You need to buy more fulfilments with the sign up a friend accounts( 3 or 4 instead of just two) making each dvd cost more as a whole.
Old 04-04-06, 05:06 PM

Can someone confirm any 6:1 (5:2) codes that work by phone?
Old 04-05-06, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^K7L has been reported a couple of times to NOT work on the phone. It is likely that the other K7* 6:1 codes will also not work, although you are welcome to try: 888-242-3837

Last edited by lizard; 04-05-06 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-07-06, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
They allow 2 open accounts per club, per address. So, you can have 2 open memberships per address of the following- DVD Club, TV Club, CH.com Club & BMG Music Club. Some people use multiple addresses, such as a family member's house, to set up even more open accounts. You can use the same credit card, e-mail address and name for the accounts(sometimes you might want to change your name slightly and use a different e-mail address if you've been having trouble with getting approved).
Does it make a difference if the accounts are opened for different people at the same address? For example, can my roommate have two open accounts at the same time I have two open accounts? Assuming we use different credit cards? Thanks for any info on this.
Old 04-07-06, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDHound
Does it make a difference if the accounts are opened for different people at the same address? For example, can my roommate have two open accounts at the same time I have two open accounts? Assuming we use different credit cards? Thanks for any info on this.
It's supposed to be by address, not by different names. There's a good chance that you can get more than 2 accounts opened at the same address. However, there's also a good chance that they'll send you a letter stating that you already have numerous open accounts at this address and if there's any reason as to why you need an additional account. You can then explain the roommate situation and they will most likely approve the additional account.
Old 04-07-06, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have had 4 accounts opened at once at the same address. However they were broken down as 1 ch.com, 1 tv club and 2 regular. 2 in my name, 2 in my wifes.
Old 04-20-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got a Spam e-mail today from someone calling himself "Dr. Music" with subject: "Hurry! Get 5 DVDs for 49¢ each with Membership". The message is a Columbia House link that says "Please note this offer is for new members only. Only one membership per person.".

The code is 2CC and, get this, is 5 @ 49¢ plus $1.99 each shipping with FIVE fulfillments. Or buy the bonus for $14.95 and get free shipping.

I didn't know such terrible deals still existed! I wonder how many people actually fall for such offers?

Last edited by lizard; 04-20-06 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-22-06, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I currently have 3 DVD accounts in my name at this address. I accepted 2 phone offers and they probably had some outdated info when they called me about how many active accounts I had.

Anyway, 1 of them (my very first CH account from 2004) is already fulfilled but I want to spend my $9 FC before I close it. I hope I don't get blacklisted.

3 DVD Club
1 TV Club
1 CH.com

I plan on trying for another TV Club acct. soon since my app. last month apparently didn't go thru. This will be after I close that old DVD Club account.
Old 04-22-06, 10:43 PM

Does anyone have any new enrollment codes that work? I would prefer one of the 5 for 49 with free shipping if you have one. The other 6 dvd offers take forever to even get to me, if at all when not using a credit card..Thanks
Old 04-22-06, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anyway, 1 of them (my very first CH account from 2004) is already fulfilled but I want to spend my $9 FC before I close it. I hope I don't get blacklisted.
Why would using your fun cash get you blacklisted?
Old 04-22-06, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

He meant having 3 accounts open.
Old 04-23-06, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Xbox69
I currently have 3 DVD accounts in my name at this address. I accepted 2 phone offers and they probably had some outdated info when they called me about how many active accounts I had.

3 DVD Club
1 TV Club
1 CH.com

I plan on trying for another TV Club acct. soon since my app. last month apparently didn't go thru. This will be after I close that old DVD Club account.
The notion that one will be blacklisted for having more than two open accounts is a myth. Sometimes when trying to open a third account one will get a letter asking why one needs more than two. But it isn't a big deal for those who have managed to open a third account.

One gets blacklisted for eggregious behavior like not paying for DVDs, having too many "bad" returns (those not caused by a Columbia House error or a damaged disc), or ordering multiple copies of the same DVDs in such a way that it appears that one is selling them (CH does not like that).

That said, it is best to limit oneself to two open accounts (per club) so as to not draw the attention of CH.
Old 04-23-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Blondeqt0024
Does anyone have any new enrollment codes that work? I would prefer one of the 5 for 49 with free shipping if you have one. The other 6 dvd offers take forever to even get to me, if at all when not using a credit card..Thanks
The only good 5 DVD codes are K7L and its siblings. Five for 49¢, two fulfillments, bonus for $14.95 then one fufillment. But K7L does not work on the phone so if one can't get it to work on-line one will have to use a different, 7:2, code, such as LMT, on the phone.

There are many other "five for 49¢ with free shipping" codes but they are poor deals because they require more fulfillments and the average cost of buying DVDs with them is increased considerably. This thread is devoted to the best codes. You can find others by playing "keyboard roulette" for awhile.

The speed of being accepted (or not) or getting the enrollment package (or not) has nothing to do with what code is used so far as I have seen. We have a tendency to see patterns where none exist when a few applications get "lost".
Old 04-25-06, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lizard
The only good 5 DVD codes are K7L and its siblings. Five for 49¢, two fulfillments, bonus for $14.95 then one fufillment.
Although I agree that those are the best codes, I disagree about getting the bonus for 14.95. With all of the recent B1G1F and B2G2F codes, it makes sense to just get the 5, then get 2 fulfillments (with 2 free). So you'll get 9 DVD's for $37.40 for an average of $4.16 each (using webdvd, of course). Plus, you need to spend $30 to use webdvd anyway. So needing only 1 fulfillment isn't helping. FYI--No free shipping right now, but there is an active B1G1F code still.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 04-25-06 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-25-06, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Although I agree that those are the best codes, I disagree about getting the bonus for 14.95. With all of the recent B1G1F and B2G2F codes, it makes sense to just get the 5, then get 2 fulfillments (with 2 free). So you'll get 9 DVD's for $37.40 for an average of $4.16 each (using webdvd, of course). Plus, you need to spend $30 to use webdvd anyway. So needing only 1 fulfillment isn't helping. FYI--No free shipping right now, but there is an active B1G1F code still.
I entirely agree. Using K7L as a 5:2 code is often best (I fulfill with sets that count for two fulfillment credits, for example). I was just stating the terms of the K7L in response to a rather vague question about "5 for 49" codes by another poster.
Old 04-26-06, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
..., but there is an active B1G1F code still.
I thought all of the B1G!f codes were dead. Which one is still active?
Old 04-26-06, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by richard98

The code works, although I think that it's a glitch(the Triple FC offer expires on 12/18). Also, I don't receive the triple FC with this code. However, I do receive an extra 10% off with this code. You do have to pay for shipping. If you decide to use this code, I would advise you to print out the final checkout page before submitting the order.
Old 04-26-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by richard98
807752: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....01#post6945870
Although free shipping doesn't work the BOGOF part seems to work ok. But I'd agree with Sweet Baby James that it would be best to print out the order page because this code probably isn't supposed to still be working. Worth a try though.

Last edited by lizard; 04-26-06 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-26-06, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The code works, although I think that it's a glitch(the Triple FC offer expires on 12/18). Also, I don't receive the triple FC with this code. However, I do receive an extra 10% off with this code. You do have to pay for shipping. If you decide to use this code, I would advise you to print out the final checkout page before submitting the order.
I sent an email to CS with the full text of the code and they refunded me $3.98 for shipping. I paid $8.98 shipping, but the extra 10% off my $50 order evened it out.
Old 04-26-06, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by illennium
I sent an email to CS with the full text of the code and they refunded me $3.98 for shipping. I paid $8.98 shipping, but the extra 10% off my $50 order evened it out.
Sweet! Did you e-mail them at [email protected]? Thanks.
Old 04-26-06, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sweet! Did you e-mail them at [email protected]? Thanks.
I used the "Contact Us" link and selected "Service Problem" or some similar option. The first reply was an unhelpful form letter. I then dug deep into my well of indignant, arrogant comebacks (it comes naturally to me) and sent another email, after which they gave me the $3.98 refund.
Old 04-29-06, 06:14 AM
aup
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by illennium
Was this a fulfillment order? Do you know if $19.95 titles count as fulfillments with this additional 10% discount? The first checkout screen for said that they do, but I am not so sure now because the final screen reduces the prices to $17.95 each.
My "pending" order (about 16 hours old) has fun cash already recorded, but not the fulfillments yet. I forget if they wait until they charge the CC to record the fulfillments properly. I also remember that with the webdvd discount, it would show one title as $14.95 at the final screen, but that would still count as fulfillment.
Thanks.
aup
Old 04-29-06, 10:15 AM
JMG

Originally Posted by aup
Was this a fulfillment order? Do you know if $19.95 titles count as fulfillments with this additional 10% discount? The first checkout screen for said that they do, but I am not so sure now because the final screen reduces the prices to $17.95 each.
My "pending" order (about 16 hours old) has fun cash already recorded, but not the fulfillments yet. I forget if they wait until they charge the CC to record the fulfillments properly. I also remember that with the webdvd discount, it would show one title as $14.95 at the final screen, but that would still count as fulfillment.
Thanks.
aup

I e-mailed them about this and they e-mailed me back saying it would count as a fullfillment!! then again maybe the rep i was talking to was
Old 05-04-06, 05:41 PM

I don't if this has been reported but I got a new code from an email I got today wanting me back,it's C8N.6 for $.49 and 1 for 9.95 and 2 to fulfill.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.