Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-06, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^K7L has been reported to not work on the phone before. So far as I am aware, it has never been reported to work on the phone, sorry to say.

You will need to select another code, such as LMT, or try to place your K7L application on-line. So far as we know here, there are no 6:1, 5:2 codes that do work on the phone. (I presume that you called the new applications phone number 888-242-3837; it makes a difference.)

Last edited by lizard; 03-19-06 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-20-06, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been in a bit of a Columbia House limbo the last couple months, with zero approvals since January. I tried by phone last week (code E** (forget which one)), but that one never ever showed up on my card. I tried earlier today with 1KG, and was told that that was inactive. I tried back just now with C7L and was told it was inactive as well. However, the CSR I spoke with was very helpful, and she manually set me up with an account with the same terms as C7L. She wasn't sure if I'd get an email confirming my acceptance, but acted as though I shouldn't have any problem getting accepted. If the charge goes through on my card, what number should I call back to get my account number?
Old 03-21-06, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^The LM* codes have been reported to work on the phone (new account applications: 888-242-3837), for example: LMT.

For customer service phone numbers, please check my post in this thread.
Old 03-21-06, 01:19 PM
Cool New Member

I got a phone app to go through with EBP yesterday.
Old 03-22-06, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^That's helpful to know. Thanks.
Old 03-22-06, 12:59 PM

long time lurker, first time poster.

just wanted you guys to know i placed two orders today using the LMT code with no PSN.
Old 03-22-06, 01:07 PM

sorry, i meant to also tell you i called them in.

also, what a great job you guys do here. lizard and all the people that stay on top of this for the rest of us deserve some props.

i definitely appreciate it, and so does my collection!!!!
Old 03-22-06, 02:35 PM

also, when one of you experts gets time, would you care to explain how you have multiple accounts setup at the same time? do they check the addresses to see if another account uses it? what about the cc i use, or the email? or do they not care as long as you fulfill your agreement?

any expert tips to ensure i can continue to enjoy these deals would be highly appreciated. thanks guys.
Old 03-22-06, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by neternia
also, when one of you experts gets time, would you care to explain how you have multiple accounts setup at the same time? do they check the addresses to see if another account uses it? what about the cc i use, or the email? or do they not care as long as you fulfill your agreement?

any expert tips to ensure i can continue to enjoy these deals would be highly appreciated. thanks guys.
They allow 2 open accounts per club, per address. So, you can have 2 open memberships per address of the following- DVD Club, TV Club, CH.com Club & BMG Music Club. Some people use multiple addresses, such as a family member's house, to set up even more open accounts. You can use the same credit card, e-mail address and name for the accounts(sometimes you might want to change your name slightly and use a different e-mail address if you've been having trouble with getting approved).
Old 03-22-06, 04:42 PM

sweet baby james, you are my hero. thanks for clearing that up
Old 03-23-06, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FYI, while you can use the same credit card for all accounts at a given address, it is best to use a different card when one is using a second address. Columbia House can, and sometimes will, search out accounts by credit card number.

Just be aware of this. Since you can open as many accounts as you want at a single address, by closing old fulfilled accounts, it really isn't necessary to use a second address anyway.
Old 03-23-06, 01:11 PM

what's the usual turn around time for getting approved? reason being is i tried 4 times to place an order online, they would charge my card, and then the charge would go away after 4 days or so. my bank said they didnt put tthe charge through in time.

so i decided to put a phone order in, and the lady said i will receive confirmation within 24 hours, which i havent.

i've got myself into an ivy league school and it was easier than joining columbiahouse!
Old 03-24-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by neternia
what's the usual turn around time for getting approved? reason being is i tried 4 times to place an order online, they would charge my card, and then the charge would go away after 4 days or so. my bank said they didnt put tthe charge through in time.
On-line applications that do get approved usually take a day or two, but some can take a week or more. For some reason Columbia House chose not to approve your applications and the temporary charge just dropped off your card. Why applications get "lost" is a mystery.

so i decided to put a phone order in, and the lady said i will receive confirmation within 24 hours, which i havent.
She was mistaken. Phone applications rarely get an e-mail acceptance. When you see a real (not temporary) charge on your card you will know that you have been accepted and the enrollment package is on its way.

i've got myself into an ivy league school and it was easier than joining columbiahouse!
Hence, the need for this forum!
Old 03-24-06, 07:54 PM
Cool New Member

Col House DVD Assitance needed

I use one of your codes to K7L which work up to a point , but it keep saying I must enter a preffered number as on the mailing.
Please advise
Old 03-24-06, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MUNKB
I use one of your codes to K7L which work up to a point , but it keep saying I must enter a preffered number as on the mailing.
Please advise
Have you ever been a member of CH? The preferred number is the 11 digit account number from a previous membership.
Old 03-25-06, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MUNKB
Please advise
From the FAQ thread at the top of the forum:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=107726#1h

If you don't have an old account number to use as a "Preffered Status Number", you will need to use a different enrollment code (they are listed in the first post in this thread). Some do not require PSNs. (K7L does not work on the phone at last report, so a phone order is not an option.)

Last edited by lizard; 03-25-06 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-26-06, 12:27 PM

Is there a listing of the codes that work over the phone? I know that LMT works on phone applications, but I was wondering if there were other codes that also worked on these. Thank you.
Old 03-27-06, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ LMT, LMY (probably), EBP, and 38Y should work on the phone, at last report.

K7L, C7L, C7W and 1KG have been reported to not work on the phone. Other C7* and 1K* codes probably don't work but you can give them a try. 1KK worked on the phone last October.

Unknown, for phone use, are DR5, BZW, BWJ, and 1LM.

One complicating factor is that most codes will not work if one calls the regular CSR phone numbers. One should call the new applications phone number, 888-242-3837. So it isn't always clear when people report that a code didn't work whether or not they were calling the right phone number.

As always with this stuff, YMMV.

[Edited to reflect 38Y information from richard98 below.]

Last edited by lizard; 03-28-06 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-27-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New Codes

I received two new 7:2 codes in e-mails from Columbia House: C85 and C88. Trawling reveals additional 7:2 codes: C80, C81, C82, C83, C84, C86, C87, C89.

C85 does not require a PSN, so I presume that the others do not also.

(No, I don’t know whether they will work on the phone, but would guess not, based on the family resemblance to the C7* codes. I don’t know if they allow use of a credit card but would guess that they do, for the same reason.)

Also, new 6:1 (5:2) codes: K7M, K7N, K7P, K7Q
Old 03-27-06, 09:34 PM

Thanks. I'd like to get a 5:2 deal to go through, but online applications haven't been friendly to me as of late. I've had some great luck with phone applications lately though and I'd like to get a 5:2 deal so I'd only have to buy one after the $14.95 one. Thanks again.
Old 03-28-06, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by lizard
^ LMT, LMY (probably), EBP should work on the phone, at last report.

K7L, C7L, C7W and 1KG have been reported to not work on the phone. Other C7* and 1K* codes probably don't work but you can give them a try. 1KK worked on the phone last October.

Unknown, for phone use, are DR5, BZW, BWJ, 1LM, and 38Y.

One complicating factor is that most codes will not work if one calls the regular CSR phone numbers. One should call the new applications phone number, 888-242-3837. So it isn't always clear when people report that a code didn't work whether or not they were calling the right phone number.

As always with this stuff, YMMV.

38Y works on the phone. I've used it twice in the last few weeks; both accounts were ultimately approved.
Old 03-28-06, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Thanks. I have updated my post above.
Old 03-30-06, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Using code K7L

The Sting Legacy Edition
Batman Begins Deluxe Edition (Suck i got Spiderman Deluxe Edition & i'll send it back)
Dear Hunter Legacy Edtion
Wedding Crasher: Un. Edition
Goodfellas Special Edition
Gothika Special Edition
===========
Total $17.XX after taxes

Pickup The Ten Commandments & Tom & Jerry Spot Light Collection 2 (B1G1 FRee)

I'll cancel my membership very soon I receiving all my order
Old 03-30-06, 07:13 AM

I finally got my rejection letter, after using LMT, which apparently does not work. Ughhh.
Old 03-30-06, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^The code you used has nothing to do with whether or not your application was approved. Just why applications get turned down or "lost" remains a mystery in most cases.

If you applied on-line you might want to try a phone application: 888-242-3837.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.