Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-05, 11:28 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ericjanderson
New code in the mail yesterday -- I don't think I've heard this mentioned: MF8D

Requires PSN. Terms same as many other codes: 5 @ $.49 with three fulfillments. Buy a sixth for 9.95 and reduce it to two commitments. Free shipping, etc.

I don't know if this will help anyone, as it is similar to other offers and not quite as attractive as the new LMT. But there it is FWIW.
i just used the MF8D code and got an email confirming that they are reviewing my application.

i tried to set this up yesterday on FireFox and it gave me errors ... I set it up today using IE.

Using account set ups to replace VHS tapes ... getting TIVO this weekend

Update: Got membership number and acceptance today
Going to order Ray, preorder Blade Trinity and Oceans 12 to fulfill

Last edited by Karen_B; 03-11-05 at 05:40 PM. Reason: update without creating new post
Old 03-13-05, 06:23 AM
etp

The LMT code did not ask for a CC number, just the old account number.

I noticed the 7th selection is not in the e-mail but was on the final checkout page!

Stuart Little Deluxe Edition 1 selection 0.49
Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgun 1 selection 0.49
Open Water 1 selection 0.49
The Chronicles of Riddick Unrated D 1 selection 0.49
The League of Extraordinary Gentlem 1 selection 0.49
Tom And Jerry: The Movie 1 selection 0.49

Total Items 0 selections
Again, thanks for your application! You'll be hearing from us soon.

Last edited by SIMPSONEARL; 03-13-05 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-13-05, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by ktown213
Everytime I use my PSN (past 4 times) to take advantage of these great deals CH always sends me an email saying congrats, we will email you again after we verify your order status, which can take up to 7 days.

BUt then they NEVER send me that second email nor the DVD's. Is my PSN number black listed or something? Please help.
Call them on the phone. That is your best bet. I have had so many web applications go into the great abyss. But when I call them on the phone, the order always gets approved.

There are some quirks with their website. That is basically an understatement. From what I understand you have to enter your information on the website then a CH employee has to transfer that info into their system. There may be problems on that end. For sure you are not the only one this is happening to.

As I said above, call them on the phone. That takes care of any website issues immediately.

Tim :-)
Old 03-13-05, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by ITALIAN926
Ive randomly made up PSN's in the past.. its worked like 5 times for me w/ no problems.
The one time I did not have my PSN available when I called on the phone, the CH representative said it was no problem. The application was approved.
Old 03-16-05, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got an offer in the mail today, a code I didn't see in the 1st post.

It is M1XD,and is of this variety:

Quote:
You get 5 DVDs for 49¢ each-- shipping and processing is FREE!
As a Club member, all you need to do is buy 3 more movies in the next 2 years at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95 plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter.

ADVANCE BONUS OFFER!

Take a 6th movie now for $14.95 (FREE shipping and processing)and have only 2 more movies to buy (instead of 3) in the next 2 years. Plus, you can even take a 7th movie for the special price of $9.95--shipping and processing is once again FREE.
Old 03-17-05, 05:49 AM
etp

Got a 24 hour approval. That was fast. Wiil have to see how long it takes to get the order.
Old 03-17-05, 04:59 PM

Got approval in 2 days time with code 'LMT'. Been a while since I've had an account but I had enough DVDs on my wishlist saved up to get back in the game. 'LMT' looks like a fantastic code. 9 total DVDs for less than $6 a DVD. Many thanks to whoever posted this code first (last time I joined the best codes were in the mid $7 range). I see that the CH website is as flaky as I remember it. My confirmation email only listed 6 DVDs and the terms/agreement (the one you have to click on near the end of your order) page when I ordered listed needing 3 more commitments even though I got the $9.95 bonus dvd -- but I just logged into my account and it shows all 7 from my enrollment order and only 2 more commitments necessary so all's well that ends well.

Time to order my two commitments and close the sucker out. God bless CH :-)
Old 03-17-05, 05:22 PM

Time to order my two commitments and close the sucker out. God bless CH :-)
Make sure you read the Double action thread with the buy 1 get 1 free code. (if youre not aware) Make two seperate orders and get yourself a free DVD for each one.
Old 03-22-05, 06:07 PM

What happened to 3 for $25???

Just logged into CH and picked 6 titles which are normally $14.95 or less, and the 3 for $25 deal did not kick in like it normally does. Instead of $50 for 6, it was $87.70. WTF? I figured if it ended it would be mentioned here, but do not see it.
Old 03-22-05, 06:11 PM

It ended
Old 03-22-05, 07:06 PM

Ok, now it's mentioned. : )

Ok. so what is the best average price one can expect in the TV club?? And are there code for that? Saw the note about the site accepting LMT as a glitch and remember trying that myself a while back, but never getting those dvds, so that explains that. But ARE there any TV codes?
Old 03-23-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ettevroc28
Ok, now it's mentioned. : )

Ok. so what is the best average price one can expect in the TV club?? And are there code for that? Saw the note about the site accepting LMT as a glitch and remember trying that myself a while back, but never getting those dvds, so that explains that. But ARE there any TV codes?
You might want to read the DVD Club: TV Edition Introduction and Discussion Thread. The best codes are still HDL and H6J, if you can get them to work on-line. The best phone code appears to be LE5D; check out posts 145
and 146 in that thread for more information.
Old 03-24-05, 09:29 AM

Many thanks! Reading it now.
Old 04-01-05, 07:18 PM

Here's another I did not see mentioned: CTWD

in the variety of 5 for $0.49 + 6th for $9.95, free-shipping 2 commitments
Old 04-02-05, 12:38 PM

Member BUB from another thread added 38Y to our (LMT LMY) list. According to old rules, this code MIGHT give a credit card option at checkout. It doesnt seem like there is one to me.. but I need definite confirmation when someone uses it. Next person to use 38Y, please post.
Old 04-02-05, 02:38 PM

The two recent join-the-club mailings I've received are:

MFPD -- this is a 5 for .49 cents, free shipping, buy another at $9.95 and only have to buy 2 to fulfill type of code

and

38YD -- which I see above and after doing a quick search has already been posted. I'll probably be opening a new account shortly and will use 38YD. Someone will probably beat me to it but if not I will be sure to post my experience using the code...
Old 04-06-05, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just signed up using 38Y and was never asked for a credit card. Whats the difference between 38Y and 38YD?
Old 04-06-05, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bballing
I just signed up using 38Y and was never asked for a credit card. Whats the difference between 38Y and 38YD?
Nothing. The "D" just denotes DVD Club - tho' the 38Y offer detail is only good in the DVD Club.
Old 04-07-05, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by bballing
Do you get an approval email?
Old 04-07-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by me&you
Do you get an approval email?

Its been 36 hours and so far nothing.

update- still no approval email, but I got a shipping confirmation email today. Got the account # on the invoice, logged in and paid for the enrollment selections.

Last edited by bballing; 04-08-05 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-07-05, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

1. You'll want to pay full price for Paycheck so that it counts for fulfillment. And you got a $10 coupon, too. Nice.

2. If there were a free shipping code known to us, it would've been posted,

3. Although it isn't clear, this thread is geared towards enrollment codes. There is a separate thread for codes for established acccounts.
Old 04-07-05, 05:41 PM

I'm trying to use code for my first emrollment package, but they keep asking for my PSN. I thought you didn't need a PSN code to use the 38Y and 38D codes? I have never used CH before and don't have one.
Old 04-07-05, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ronin4223
I'm trying to use code for my first emrollment package, but they keep asking for my PSN. I thought you didn't need a PSN code to use the 38Y and 38D codes? I have never used CH before and don't have one.
If you're enrolling over the phone, try telling the CSR that you don't have the PSN handy (say you just wrote down the bonus code, but can't find the mailing). This usually works.

If worse comes to worse, just apply with the regular terms (no bonus code). Even though it's not nearly as good a deal, once you finish your first account, you'll have a PSN to use on dozens of future accounts.
Old 04-11-05, 01:46 AM

Overseas Memberships

I'm overseas at an APO address; CH would not let me order online without emailing first. Then when they replied, they told me I had to choose 5 and purchase 5 over two years. Most people here get 5 and purchase 2.... Is this a new thing? Please help.... I'm trying to figure out if this is worth the hassle. Thanks.
Old 04-11-05, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shaeandbull
I'm overseas at an APO address; CH would not let me order online without emailing first. Then when they replied, they told me I had to choose 5 and purchase 5 over two years. Most people here get 5 and purchase 2.... Is this a new thing? Please help.... I'm trying to figure out if this is worth the hassle. Thanks.
It sounds as if they are quoting you the standard deal. You need to ask to use a better "savings code" when you enroll. A good one is LMTD, discussed earlier in this thread (6 for 49¢, one additional for $9.95, all with free shipping, then two more fulfillments to complete the account). How this would work when ordering by e-mail, I couldn't say (never give a credit card number by e-mail, by the way). You could try explaining the terms of the savings code you want to use and see what they say.

You might be better off phoning in the order but I am not sure which number you would call from overseas, I can't find their non-800 number, although I know they have one.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.