Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes (Previously "Better Code Thread")

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ITALIAN926
Well, a few of the times I didnt have my PSN's with me... was at another location... and hell I was experimenting I guess. But sumdeus is right, if you make up someone else's PSN, they wont be able to use it themselves.
Nothing says you can't re-use a PSN. I've used some PSNs more than once(even tho I had PLENTY to spare). The web site might block you for a time period, but after a while (months?) you should be able to re-use it.

If you're calling in, just say you don't have it in front of you at the moment -like a lot of us have - and they should still take the app with no problem.
Old 03-03-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Has anyone been accepted with the 6 box set intro offer?
Old 03-03-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Do you mean the get 6 free (LMT codes)? If so, yes. Twice.
Old 03-03-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice....thanks for the response. I have been waiting for a few days for a response and was beginning to wonder if these applications just seem to conveniently dissappear.
Old 03-03-05, 05:45 PM

If you are talking about on the TV Club, the code will never be approved. It is just a glitch in their system that it allows you to order with that code.

If you are talking about the DVD club, it should work fine and has been approved for many people.
Old 03-03-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So nobody has been approved in the tv set club with this code? What is a good code to use with the tv club?

Last edited by dsa_shea; 03-03-05 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-03-05, 11:10 PM

Applied on the web w/ the LMT code on 2/23. It's been over a week and haven't gotten approved yet. Anyone else having similar problems?
Old 03-03-05, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cshot
Applied on the web w/ the LMT code on 2/23. It's been over a week and haven't gotten approved yet. Anyone else having similar problems?

Happens all the time.. If you dont get approved within a week, its usually lost for good.

" If at first you dont suceed, try try again. "
Old 03-04-05, 03:57 AM

Guess I'll try again then. I've had 8 previous accounts and never had to retry. I'll probably just call in the order this time. Thanks.
Old 03-04-05, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Cshot
Guess I'll try again then. I've had 8 previous accounts and never had to retry. I'll probably just call in the order this time. Thanks.
I had same thing happen, and for some reason they are much better over the phone, which in todays time I hate doing but seems it is the most reliable.
Old 03-04-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So nobody has been approved in the tv set club with this code? What is a good code to use with the tv club?
HDL and H6J still work some of the time, last I heard. There are many other codes one can use for the TV edition club (just play some keyboard roulette). To access the TV club, use the links in the first post of the DVD Club: TV Edition Introduction and Discussion Thread.

If you want to call in an order you will probably get the standard deal (they don't accept the best codes on the phone, at last report): 2 sets for $9.95, buy four DVDs of $19.95 or greater to fulfill. Even this is a decent deal. The selection of enrollment sets is larger on the phone but we don't have a list so you just need to try some and see what they accept. When calling in a TV sets order be sure to ask for the "DVD club, TV Edition". You don't want the regular DVD club.
Old 03-04-05, 04:57 PM

I just used "LMT" and got 6 at $.49 + 2 more at $9.95. I had to make up a PSN but I finally got one through and I already recieved a confirmation email.

Good Stuff!!!
Old 03-04-05, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

M Polo....Did you use LMT for the regular club or the tv edition club?
Old 03-04-05, 11:01 PM

regular
Old 03-05-05, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

thanks! I guess the two for 9.95 isn't bad considering you only have to buy two more dvds over the next year.
Old 03-05-05, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by M Polo
I just used "LMT" and got 6 at $.49 + 2 more at $9.95. I had to make up a PSN but I finally got one through and I already recieved a confirmation email.

Good Stuff!!!
For the record: it is cheaper to not buy the second extra DVD for $9.95 since it doesn't lower the committment. The average cost of a DVD using LMT (correctly) is $5.86. You paid $9.95 for that 8th DVD.
Old 03-05-05, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I looked the the regular dvd club and there isnt enough to interest me joining the club. most of theose titles I either already own or can pick up locally for the same price used but in mint condition. I am howver interested in the tv club and have already signed up.
Old 03-05-05, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I looked the the regular dvd club and there isnt enough to interest me joining the club. most of theose titles I either already own or can pick up locally for the same price used but in mint condition. I am howver interested in the tv club and have already signed up.
Wow, if you can find these 2-or-more disc sets for an average of $5.20 in mint condition, let me know where you live - I want to move there! (These are all ones I have bought over the last year from Columbia House, and my average price after fulfillment was $5.20).

*Mystic River Deluxe (3 disc)
*Underworld UR Extended Cut
Predator CE
The Good, Bad and Ugly SE
Escape from NY SE
The Great Escape SE
The Right Stuff SE
Goodfellas SE
Unforgiven SE
Dances with Wolves SE
Alien CE
Aliens CE
Lawrence of Arabia LE
Magnolia Platinum
Boogie Nights Platinum
Speed 5-star
Die Hard 5-star
A Christmas Story SE
Dogma SE
Pink Floyd : The Wall
Doctor Zhivago SE (196x version)
Casablanca SE
Citizen Kane SE

* - not available as enrollment anymore.

Sure occasionally I find one of these in a pawn shop cheap - I got another Goodfellas SE for $5, and 2 Se7en Platinums for $5 (cases were beat up) - but they are rare. People who buy these expensive SEs don't usually resell them cheaply.

Last edited by NCYankee; 03-05-05 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-05-05, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Alot of those titles you mentioned above are good ones. Unfortunately I have about half of them already. I'm glad you posted though because now Ill reconsider for a few of those titles.
Old 03-06-05, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
For the record: it is cheaper to not buy the second extra DVD for $9.95 since it doesn't lower the committment. The average cost of a DVD using LMT (correctly) is $5.86. You paid $9.95 for that 8th DVD.

I realized that but I snagged a King of New York SE for my 8th and $10 isn't wasn't bad for it in my book.
Old 03-07-05, 06:05 AM

Everytime I use my PSN (past 4 times) to take advantage of these great deals CH always sends me an email saying congrats, we will email you again after we verify your order status, which can take up to 7 days.

BUt then they NEVER send me that second email nor the DVD's. Is my PSN number black listed or something? Please help.
Old 03-07-05, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ktown213
Everytime I use my PSN (past 4 times) to take advantage of these great deals CH always sends me an email saying congrats, we will email you again after we verify your order status, which can take up to 7 days.

BUt then they NEVER send me that second email nor the DVD's. Is my PSN number black listed or something? Please help.
Your experience is the same as many others. Why these applications get "lost" is a mystery. Sometimes they will send a letter saying that you have been turned down but usually they will not. It may have something to do with the number of accounts you have had or the time between them, but that is just a guess.

If you are really "blacklisted" you should get a letter saying that Columbia House has made a "business decision" to close your accounts. Whether refusing new accounts is a form of blacklisting is unclear since many have been able to open accounts over the phone after having numerous web applications lost.

This is why most of us suggest trying a phone order. Those usually have a higher sucess rate than web orders.
Old 03-07-05, 02:31 PM

I realized that but I snagged a King of New York SE for my 8th and $10 isn't wasn't bad for it in my book
It is when you can get it for $5.86 next time around !
Old 03-07-05, 02:56 PM

True but as my DVD want list grows I'm sure I'll use the $5.86 next time for a nicer 2 Disc SE/CE DVD.

Oh well though, I always HAVE had a problem with responsible spending, lol!!!!
Old 03-07-05, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the codes!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.