Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DD - Up to 64% off Sony Box Sets

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-10, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DD - Up to 64% off Sony Box Sets

I ordered my stuff at 10pm on the last day (EST) and the stuff I wanted went back to regular price when I was doing checkout. I E-Mailed them about the problem but of course they got back to me the next day with a crappy form letter. So I didn't get my stuff because it's too late for the sale and they don't even have time to actually bother reading my E-Mail and helping me out? Is DD customer service always this bad?
If anybody wants to sell me the 2 Diffrent Strokes sets and the complete Sanford & Son for DD's sale prices let me know.

PG
Old 04-20-10, 09:58 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

They've been ending the sales lately at noon central time on the last day of the sale. It wasnt posted on this one. But it was posted on a lot of the sales on their old site.
Old 04-21-10, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by g
Square pegs isn't that funny. I say just rent it.
i'm gonna guess you weren't around when it aired...or were at best in diapers. for those of us who were in Junior High when it aired, it's a gold mine of nostalgia. I was the age of the characters in 83, so it is one of those special cases.
Old 04-21-10, 12:57 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Actually I was at that age when it originally aired and I watched it then and thought it was alright. I watched it somewhere on cable in the last few years and didn't laugh that much. I think a movie like Fast Times at Ridgemont High is what I'd rather watch again over this. But I do see the nostalgic interest in it.

Last edited by g; 04-21-10 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-21-10, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got a shipping notice for my Shield set. We'll see if it's the corrected one or not.
Old 04-21-10, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by carnage6
I ordered my stuff at 10pm on the last day (EST) and the stuff I wanted went back to regular price when I was doing checkout.
PG
That's odd. I didn't place my order until 11:30 PM Central and the 2 items were still discounted. I guess they didn't revert everything at the same time.
Old 04-21-10, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my stuff at 10pm on the last day (EST) and the stuff I wanted went back to regular price when I was doing checkout. I E-Mailed them about the problem but of course they got back to me the next day with a crappy form letter. So I didn't get my stuff because it's too late for the sale and they don't even have time to actually bother reading my E-Mail and helping me out? Is DD customer service always this bad?
If anybody wants to sell me the 2 Diffrent Strokes sets and the complete Sanford & Son for DD's sale prices let me know.

PG
Same thing happened to me...around late afternoon on the 19th. Sale prices were in my cart, then regular prices at checkout. NO SALE.
Old 04-21-10, 08:39 PM

At least I'm not the only one this happened to. How come I can't find a real person to ask about this problem? I think if we tried ordering before 12 am eastern we should still get the discount.
Old 04-21-10, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

At least I'm not the only one this happened to. How come I can't find a real person to ask about this problem? I think if we tried ordering before 12 am eastern we should still get the discount.
They are in Illinois so I assumed the sale went until 11:59 PM Central time. I guess I was lucky to get the sale pricing on the 2 box sets I ordered at 11:30.
Did you try the 800 number listed on the site?

To reach Customer Service via telephone call toll-free: 800-264-5076. You can reach our customer service representatives Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 7 P.M. CT and on Saturday from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. CT.
Old 04-22-10, 01:14 AM

Don't wait until the last goddamn minute. That will solve many problems.
Old 04-22-10, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

No kidding.
Old 04-22-10, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by hilts
Don't wait until the last goddamn minute. That will solve many problems.
How is 10pm EST the last minute? If they advertise it goes to the 19th that includes ALL of the 19th. If not, then put that info in the damn ad. Plus the page for the ad was still showing the sale prices. It changed back to normal price when you try to check out. Can anybody say bait & switch???
Old 04-22-10, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by bigjim25
I know Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 7: 1952-1954 (2 Discs) is on backorder but I'd order it for $10.98
Ordered Three Stooges Vol. 7 along with Barney Miller S1-3.

Some of my orders were cancelled because I paid with paypal. I had to call them up and even thou the sale is over, they gave them to me at the sale prices. Re-ordered:

Charlie's Angels S3
Mad About You S2, 3
Starsky & Hutch S1-4
Jack Lemmon Collection
Old 04-23-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How is 10pm EST the last minute? If they advertise it goes to the 19th that includes ALL of the 19th. If not, then put that info in the damn ad. Plus the page for the ad was still showing the sale prices. It changed back to normal price when you try to check out. Can anybody say bait & switch???
I think we can all say it, but apparently only some of us know what it means.

By the way, did you save a copy of the ad, along with the terms of the sale? That would help your point. If they just said the prices expire on the 19th, there is no way you can claim that definitely means "ALL of the 19th." It just means they expire sometime on the 19th.

The other posters' points still stand. You snoozed, you losed.
Old 04-23-10, 12:55 PM
Banned

I waited until the end of the sale to order. My The Shield set came today with paper sleeves.

Last edited by junglalien; 04-23-10 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-23-10, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by junglalien
I waited until the end of the sale to order. My The Shield set came today with paper sleeves.
I just received my replacement from Sony via Fedex. My thanks to Sony for making it a fairly painless process.
Old 04-23-10, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jwstl
I just received my replacement from Sony via Fedex. My thanks to Sony for making it a fairly painless process.
How long did it take? I mailed mine back via fed-ex on Monday. I'm not expecting it today, of course, but starting to keep my eye out. We watched about four episodes; I'm excited to continue on. Oh gee--I hope their toilet gets fixed!
Old 04-23-10, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cgray
How long did it take? I mailed mine back via fed-ex on Monday. I'm not expecting it today, of course, but starting to keep my eye out. We watched about four episodes; I'm excited to continue on. Oh gee--I hope their toilet gets fixed!
I took it to Fedex on the 14th. A 9 day turnaround is pretty darn good IMO.
Old 04-24-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I'm hoping to get Shield set back within two weeks. They received my original set the other day so now I just have to wait.
Old 04-24-10, 03:59 PM

Received 41 Likes on 14 Posts

Got my Shield set today (ordered the last day; backordered for only two days). Looks great; has the disc covers. Adds a bit of work to removing and replacing the discs, but I'll take it over having scratched-up and glue-covered ones.

Thanks to the posters who talked about this problem. With my backlog of DVDs to watch, I wouldn't have checked for a problem until years later.
Old 04-24-10, 04:11 PM

I ordered my shield on like the 8th finally came in with sleeves as well. Very happy with it hope i don't lose them lol!!
Old 04-25-10, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got my set today. It's the corrected version. Discs are a little hard to get in and out of the pages, but the paper covers seem to protect them well enough.
Old 04-25-10, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by g
I think Odyssey 5 is the best deal so I got one.
I ordered Odyssey 5 together with two other non-sale items. Those two arrived, Odyssey 5 didn't. Waited a bit, then just checked the order status.

My order is "partially filled", but Odyssey 5 was cancelled. I never cancelled it. They did. Now I get to call them Monday to find out why. At least the order still shows the $10.xx sale price, so it wasn't a mis-price. Sigh.
Old 04-25-10, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Just tried to order the Herzog/Kinski box. Their "$10 offer page" you see before the confirmation isn't compatible with Firefox with No Script, so I can never tell if the order went through or not........

Someday I'll do an order with DD where nothing pisses me off, but it may be a few years........

Last edited by MooMooMooMoo; 04-25-10 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-25-10, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cheato
I think we can all say it, but apparently only some of us know what it means.

By the way, did you save a copy of the ad, along with the terms of the sale? That would help your point. If they just said the prices expire on the 19th, there is no way you can claim that definitely means "ALL of the 19th." It just means they expire sometime on the 19th.

The other posters' points still stand. You snoozed, you losed.
No I'm afraid you are the one who is wrong since several posters claimed to have ordered AFTER I tried multiple times to place my order and still got the sale prices. So your argument makes no sense.

Oh and about the "bait & switch" thing. Here is a definition I looked up so YOU will understand it.
"In retail sales, a bait and switch is a form of fraud in which the party putting forth the fraud lures in customers by advertising a product or service at an unprofitably low price, then reveals to potential customers that the advertised good is not available but that a substitute is. This use of this term has extended to similar situations outside of the marketing sense."

PG

Last edited by carnage6; 04-25-10 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Entered wrong words

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.