Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

AMAZON-Farscape Complete Series $57.99

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-09, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMAZON-Farscape Complete Series $57.99

Good deal for those who don't have the Starburst sets.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GP7ZWI?...reative=373501
Old 12-01-09, 06:56 AM

Re: AMAZON-Farscape Complete Series $57.99

I thought I heard something about BestBuy exclusive having an extra disc--but both say 26 discs--does anyone know if there is any difference between this and Best Buy's?
Old 12-01-09, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

The Complete Series standard includes 2 "archives" discs with content aside from the episode discs (26 discs total), but does not include the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series. The Best Buy includes the original release of Peacekeeper Wars (2 discs) making their set 28 discs total. I understand the Best Buy exclusive set was limited to 5000 copies so may be difficult to get but Peacekeeper Wars is 7.99 on Amazon right now if you're after all content.

Originally Posted by kyle
I thought I heard something about BestBuy exclusive having an extra disc--but both say 26 discs--does anyone know if there is any difference between this and Best Buy's?

Last edited by Undeadcow; 12-01-09 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-01-09, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Peacekeeper Wars is only $7.99 on Amazon so buying them separate is still cheaper than the sale Best Buy had. That's assuming you don't care about a limited print run.

Believe it or not, the Farscape complete series is in my Gold Box today as well. $55.09.
Old 12-01-09, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was debating returning my Best Buy set and purchasing this from Amazon, but after I would purchase the Peacekeeper Wars, the difference is only $8 ... and I wouldn't have a limited Edition set.

... plus the extra box on the doorstep would probably drive my wife over the edge.

Last edited by flix1; 12-01-09 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-01-09, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Holy crap, these are awesome prices for this show! Had it on order with Wherehouse and canceled for Amazon, then canceled and bought at Best Buy. Now Amazon strikes back! At this price I should buy everyone I know Farscape for Christmas.
Old 12-01-09, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by flix1
I was debating returning my Best Buy set and purchasing this from Amazon, but after I would purchase the Peacekeeper Wars, the difference is only $8 ... and I wouldn't have a limited Edition set.

... plus the extra box on the doorstep would probably drive my wife over the edge.
I paid $69 for mine at Best Buy. Come to about even with Amazon if I bought Peacekeeper.
Old 12-01-09, 10:42 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad I waited. Even with 3 of the Starbursts, this is the cheapest way to complete the set. Thanks, OP.
Old 12-01-09, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Holy crap, these are awesome prices for this show! Had it on order with Wherehouse and canceled for Amazon, then canceled and bought at Best Buy. Now Amazon strikes back! At this price I should buy everyone I know Farscape for Christmas.
Heh. I just got 3 sets for my brothers.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-01-09, 01:37 PM

In for one, thanks OP!
Old 12-01-09, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Almost everything I bought at DD, even with coupons, has been cheaper at Amazon since the end of the DD sale.

It was $69.38 at DD, and I thought that was good. I remember people buying at Wherehouse for $10 more than that a month ago.

Does anyone have experience with sending something that you ordered, that is not damaged but is unopened, back to DD for a refund because of a cheaper price elsewhere?
Old 12-01-09, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by cgray
Does anyone have experience with sending something that you ordered, that is not damaged but is unopened, back to DD for a refund because of a cheaper price elsewhere?
I did that last year--sent a bunch of stuff back as it ended up being cheaper on BF sales. I had called them up--i believe they just had me follow the return instructions on the invoice(s). I had to pay to ship it back, but I still saved money. I think it had to be within 30 days of the order or something.
Old 12-01-09, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Peacekeeper Wars is only $7.99 on Amazon so buying them separate is still cheaper than the sale Best Buy had. That's assuming you don't care about a limited print run.
I canceled my BB order and ordered the set + Peacekeeper Wars from Amazon. There's no guarantee that you will get the limited edition from Best Buy--the web site doesn't even mention it. And Amazon doesn't add tax.
Old 12-01-09, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Believe it or not, the Farscape complete series is in my Gold Box today as well. $55.09.
How do you tell? Click on "Today's Deals"? or is there a link on the product page?
Old 12-01-09, 08:34 PM
Cool New Member

I canceled my BB order as well and ordered from Amazon and added the Peacekeeper Wars. Counting tax I saved about four dollars but I have Amazon prime so I will get it by Thursday whereas Best Buy was still showing "Back ordered." Plus, I figure if it's back ordered then I probably won't be getting one of the Special Edition sets that included PeaceKeeper Wars. If that's the case then I saved about $12. I do so love Amazon prime. Almost everything I buy in life I buy from Amazon. Hard to beat free second day shipping and no tax.
Old 12-01-09, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
How do you tell? Click on "Today's Deals"? or is there a link on the product page?
Yes. Go to "Today's Deals" and scroll to the bottom, those are your Gold Box "Quick Picks." It's based on your buying/rating/wish list patterns and usually and extra 3%-5% bonus discount.

I just posted some tips about it in the Amazon Black Friday Week Bargains Thread.
Old 12-01-09, 09:19 PM

Wow it was in my gold box deals as well. I HAD to go ahead and get this. I hope this sells well enough to get made into a blu set.
Old 12-01-09, 11:03 PM

Yes. Go to "Today's Deals" and scroll to the bottom, those are your Gold Box "Quick Picks." It's based on your buying/rating/wish list patterns and usually and extra 3%-5% bonus discount.

I just posted some tips about it in the Amazon Black Friday Week Bargains Thread.
I think my Gold Box is broken. Today it has chosen garden and leather tools and books on subjects that I have zero interest in. Not one Blu or DVD on the list at all, and that's what I buy most of the time from Amazon.....and that's ALL that's on my wish list.
Old 12-02-09, 12:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by david2708
Good deal for those who don't have the Starburst sets.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GP7ZWI?...reative=373501
Since i loved the series on TV, but am a noob to it on DVD, do the starburst sets have more material (commentaries etc? )

basically, is this complete set worth getting at this price, or are there sets with more supplementary material on them, and this is just episodes/bare bones?

TIA
Old 12-02-09, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by NCC1701E
I think my Gold Box is broken. Today it has chosen garden and leather tools and books on subjects that I have zero interest in. Not one Blu or DVD on the list at all, and that's what I buy most of the time from Amazon.....and that's ALL that's on my wish list.
That still happens to me from time to time.
Old 12-02-09, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
Since i loved the series on TV, but am a noob to it on DVD, do the starburst sets have more material (commentaries etc? )

basically, is this complete set worth getting at this price, or are there sets with more supplementary material on them, and this is just episodes/bare bones?

TIA
I think they have all the Starburst set materials but it's a moot point cause the Starburst sets are no longer in production.
Old 12-02-09, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,893 Posts

The new Farscape release has most of the material that was on the Starburst sets, but not all of it.

From a review at The Digital Bits:

The new A&E discs have dropped a LOT of the Starburst Edition bonus content. I've gone through all the sets disc by disc, and it boils down to this: The new A&E discs include all the episodes, all the audio commentaries and all the deleted scenes. They also include all the documentary specials, all the TV promos, Re: Union, the bloopers, all the Listening In and Farscape in the Raw clips, and MOST of the behind-the-scenes cast and crew interviews. But all of the image and production design gallery videos are gone, nearly all of the Video Profile clips are gone, the make-up test, TV Critics Association and storyboard videos are all gone, and ALL of the text-based features have been dropped, including actor and character bios and backstories, the Cool Farscape Facts, The Farscape Chronicles and Alien Encounters features and more. The only NEW feature that the A&E discs include (that wasn't on the Starburst discs) is the Farscape Undressed behind-the-scenes TV special, which has never been available on DVD before.
Old 12-02-09, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
The new Farscape release has most of the material that was on the Starburst sets, but not all of it.
According to that review, the Starburst sets also had better video quality. Although I bought the complete series, I guess I'll look out for price drops on the few Starburst sets I'm missing.
Old 12-02-09, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mnementh
According to that review, the Starburst sets also had better video quality. Although I bought the complete series, I guess I'll look out for price drops on the few Starburst sets I'm missing.
Crud. I was just about to unload my Starbursts, but after reading the digitalbits summary, and your comment about the video quality, I'll stick with what I got. I'll probably sell or return the Farscape Complete set I just bought. I didn't realize Farscape Undressed was the ONLY new thing there was, and that it was missing so much stuff...
Old 12-02-09, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Got my set today. That was FAST. It's a pretty tiny box for having 26 discs in it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.