Reload this Page >

Warner Archive sales

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Warner Archive sales

Old 01-05-13, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warner Archive sales

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho View Post
Three of my priceless orders have arrived and the last one is in transit. Am simply astounded these orders were honored without any word at all. Since the glitch only seemed to be active for a few hours and didn't yield a lot of attention, at least in this thread, maybe they didn't receive too many orders? Who knows, but I am grateful to SilverScreenVid for his original post about this. Thank you.
You're quite welcome. I've saved plenty of money over the years on deals others in this forum have alerted me about so I'm happy if I can return the favor and save someone else a few dollars. Hope you enjoy the movies.
Old 01-06-13, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbrown498 View Post
New sale going on--25% to 35% off nearly every title.

SAVE5 isn't working for me this go-round.
Thanks for the heads-up. SAVE5 didn't work for me either, but I still took the opportunity to finally grab SHAZAM! (with the Jerry Ordway artwork cover).
Old 01-06-13, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts

Good deal for you.. because that version of Shazam! should be pressed discs vs the DVD-R of the later run..
Old 01-07-13, 08:04 AM

Does Warner Archive use any DVD-Rs that don't have that purple surface?
Old 01-07-13, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes View Post
Does Warner Archive use any DVD-Rs that don't have that purple surface?
I can't prove a negative ... but recently, at least, the ones I have received are purplish. Why do you care?
Old 01-07-13, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho View Post
Three of my priceless orders have arrived and the last one is in transit. Am simply astounded these orders were honored without any word at all. Since the glitch only seemed to be active for a few hours and didn't yield a lot of attention, at least in this thread, maybe they didn't receive too many orders? Who knows, but I am grateful to SilverScreenVid for his original post about this. Thank you.
Congrats to those of you who received your priceless orders. As for me, I still haven't heard a word one way or another. For once, I actually caught a glitch in time and it turns out there's no record of my order number even though there's one listed in my e-mail. I'm still confused as to why the number at least doesn't show up in my order history.

I don't think I'll attempt to contact them and just hope that one day my order will just show up. Highly unlikely tho that is.
Old 01-10-13, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

http://shop.warnerarchive.com/catego...sAscend&pp=192

5 for $45 sale. Same films that have been on sale throughout holiday season.
Old 01-10-13, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
http://shop.warnerarchive.com/catego...sAscend&pp=192

5 for $45 sale. Same films that have been on sale throughout holiday season.
They've had a sale in effect almost every single day since Thanksgiving. Most of them cover all the single disc titles except the very newest releases.

I'm pretty much bought out on everything, and since the freebies I got last week, I don't have any titles just jumping out at me, so I'll pass. It definitely appears that they have decided that people won't buy these at the "list" prices of $15-20 a title, so there will pretty much be a de facto price point near $10 from now on.
Old 01-26-13, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
I can't prove a negative ... but recently, at least, the ones I have received are purplish. Why do you care?
He was molested at a Prince concert.
Old 01-27-13, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Guru Askew View Post
Congratulations, you just made a grown man laugh/snort a Hall's cough drop out his nose.
Old 01-29-13, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Guru Askew View Post
You are a jerk. Actually, I was wondering about the color because I wanted to know for sure whether some of the multidisk sets I received from the archive were pressed DVDs. They do not have purple surface.
Old 01-30-13, 08:58 AM

New Groundhog Day sale -25% off selected titles, plus the buy 1, get 2nd 50% off is still pricing on some titles as well.

Checking two $17.95 dvds with these offers comes to $20.19 with the free
shipping. Not too bad.
Old 01-31-13, 11:54 AM

Update:

The buy 1-get 50% off the 2nd is not pricing anymore. It's just a straight 25% off selected titles.
Old 01-31-13, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by redcon1 View Post
Update:

The buy 1-get 50% off the 2nd is not pricing anymore. It's just a straight 25% off selected titles.
The time to check their pricing is immediately after they start a new sale, because it appears they don't always erase the pricing structure for the old sale from their system right away. That's the glitch that allowed me to get those free DVDs over Christmas.

Since their sales now seem to be ending on Monday, check the site on Tuesday to see if you can stack a deal.

BTW, this sale also applies to the Archive multi-disc collections like the TV series and to Sony Choice single disc titles (at 25% off, they are $13.46 apiece). It doesn't apply to the Sony multidisc collections.
Old 02-01-13, 11:27 AM

I noticed this too about the overlapping sales. That's why I usually leave a couple of titles in my cart and check on Tuesday to see if the prices have changed.

Fortunately, this time, I was smart enough to place an order on Tuesday instead of waiting till the next day, since the 50% off on the 2nd title no longer applied on Wednesday.
Old 02-09-13, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I took my first try at these titles by picking up the Perry Mason and Horror/Mystery sets during the 25% off sale. I'm really happy with the movies and the DVD-Rs play great. The single movie titles are more expensive, but I'm tempted by the B2G1 sale they have on right now. Is that sale worth it or should I be patient for better deals down the road?
Old 02-09-13, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by darkside View Post
I took my first try at these titles by picking up the Perry Mason and Horror/Mystery sets during the 25% off sale. I'm really happy with the movies and the DVD-Rs play great. The single movie titles are more expensive, but I'm tempted by the B2G1 sale they have on right now. Is that sale worth it or should I be patient for better deals down the road?
They have been running sales every week since Thanksgiving and you will probably be able to get single discs for about $10 if you wait a while. The B2G1 works out to $10 a disc for the $15 discs but a good bit more than that for the other discs.
Old 02-10-13, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Silverscreenvid View Post
They have been running sales every week since Thanksgiving and you will probably be able to get single discs for about $10 if you wait a while. The B2G1 works out to $10 a disc for the $15 discs but a good bit more than that for the other discs.
Good to know. I love the collections because the per movie price is so good, but I will try and be a bit more patient on the $18-$20 single disc releases. I received a $5 coupon for my birthday and ended up ordering the Philo Vance set. I know I will kick myself when its on a 25% or better sale later, but just couldn't hold out.
Old 02-14-13, 12:44 PM

This week's sale is 30% off, but the good news is that it includes many (but not all) of the collections and TV series which are not usually included in the single disc sales.

If you're looking for a colelction or series, this will probably be one of the better prices you'll see for a while.
Old 02-16-13, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This week's sale is 30% off, but the good news is that it includes many (but not all) of the collections and TV series which are not usually included in the single disc sales.

If you're looking for a colelction or series, this will probably be one of the better prices you'll see for a while.
Thanks for the heads up. Picked up Torchy Blaine, Falcon Vol 1 and George Sanders Saint collection. That should tide me over for mystery movies for awhile.
Old 03-07-13, 11:59 AM

4 for $44, plus free shipping on single disc titles.

If you do buy, be sure you get $18.95 and $19.95 titles, since those give you the most savings on sales like this. Some of the cheaper titles actually are less expensive in some of their other sales.
Old 03-28-13, 12:46 PM

They have extended the 4 for $44 sale through 3/31 and added an additional $4 off on an order, so you can now get 4 for $40 (plus free shipping).
Old 03-29-13, 04:52 PM

They have extended the 4 for $44 sale through 3/31 and added an additional $4 off on an order, so you can now get 4 for $40 (plus free shipping).
I was pretty pleased with this sale. Snagged:

Razorback
Othello (Fishburne/Branagh)
Liquidator
Five Man Army
Old 04-03-13, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

WBSHOP.com has a 25% Easter sale going on now until Midnight ET tonight on selected titles, so if you guys and gals are interested, head over there to see the discounts on those titles. Just got C. Brown and Snoopy Show for a good price and free standard shipping to boot.
Old 04-08-13, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I stopped by their booth at the end of WonderCon, and they gave me a free DVD. It was opened, probably demoed at their booth, but I'm fine with that. They gave me a choice from about 16 titles. Most were sealed, but I wanted Pick A Star since I'm a L&H fan.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.