Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) 80% Borders.com code

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) 80% Borders.com code

Old 09-04-08, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the cancellation email too, but haven't heard anything about my other order that I received today. Either they're dealing with the ones that haven't shipped first, or they're just gonna write off the ones that shipped out.
Old 09-04-08, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 09-04-08, 06:38 PM

My order just got canceled that's ok since I'll just wait and get my DVDs from someplace else. That and I was worried about being charged the difference.
Old 09-04-08, 06:41 PM

What a bunch of fuckheads. I didn't even get to the screen to submit my order, yet I just received the email. I hope they lose business what with the way all of this was handled. I hope some of those who did get the shipments manage to slip through the cracks. Good luck to you all!
Old 09-04-08, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JckRbbitSlim View Post
What a bunch of fuckheads. I didn't even get to the screen to submit my order, yet I just received the email. I hope they lose business what with the way all of this was handled. I hope some of those who did get the shipments manage to slip through the cracks. Good luck to you all!
they're fuckheads for not letting you use a code you weren't supposed to have?
Old 09-04-08, 06:46 PM

They're fuckheads for sending me an email cancelling an order that never went through. I have no problem with the fact that I wasn't able to use the ghost coupon.
Old 09-04-08, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They're fuckheads for sending me an email cancelling an order that never went through. I have no problem with the fact that I wasn't able to use the ghost coupon.
I think fuckheads is a little harsh for that, but, hey, semantics!
Old 09-04-08, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the email for my three seasons of Weeds on bluray. At least I got my Harry Potter blu-ray boxed set for like 30 bucks!
Old 09-04-08, 07:12 PM

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,999 Posts
My order for the Hitchcock Premier set was cancelled. But I still got Season 6 of The Shield for $15
Old 09-04-08, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder how this will apply to those that already got orders.
Old 09-04-08, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
What does it matter? We're all going to Hades anyway. Just ask Cheato.
Old 09-04-08, 08:15 PM

I didn't even get to the screen to submit my order, yet I just received the email. I hope they lose business what with the way all of this was handled. I hope some of those who did get the shipments manage to slip through the cracks. Good luck to you all!
I too never made it to the screen to submit my order. I never received an order confirmation e-mail from them or any sort of shipping e-mail prior to this and yet I also received the cancellation e-mail (complete with an order number I never knew existed).
Old 09-04-08, 08:46 PM

That's strange. I guess it was uber buggy. Oh well, it was a neat little idea while it lasted.
Old 09-04-08, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
It can't apply to them. It went through, recieved, money taken, transaction done.
Old 09-04-08, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit View Post
See the great Target TV on DVD sale of 2005.

Nothing can beat this one....
Old 09-04-08, 09:30 PM

I just sent an e-mail after receiving my cancellation notice stating that they either ship my products at the stated price or cancel that hold on my card immediatelly. They could have handled this in a more professional manner. I didn't expect to get my order but I think it's a little shady the way they are handling things. I also told them to keep their crappy 30% off coupons because with their inflated pricing on movies Amazon is way cheaper without a coupon. Goodbye Borders and hello Amazon.
Old 09-04-08, 09:54 PM

Hmmm...this is like a social experiment.
Old 09-04-08, 10:11 PM

They'll be hearing from me in the morning. I've received two cancelations but I hit refresh a billion times, so I have no idea how many orders went through. I never received order confirmation for the other two anyway.

If the CS wants to get nasty i'll get nasty right back. All the way up the line if I have to.
Old 09-04-08, 10:20 PM
Cool New Member

Borders messed up big time with this. They should have just eaten the loss and honored all the orders. Cancelling most and shipping only some doesn't show a commitment to good customer service IMO. Yes, the code got accidentally released online and people understandably took advantage of it to get a good deal. They shouldn't be punished for that. They should be offering some store credit to those customers who got their order cancelled to show that they do care about them. The rude CSR story must be happening fairly frequently, though. That adds to the impression that Borders doesn't care about its customers.

Borders.com has a lot of bugs left to work out.
Old 09-04-08, 10:37 PM

They lost me as a customer that's for sure and probably many more. Instead of losing multiple sales from multiple customers they should have just eaten the loss on this one. I guess they dont care if they lose many sales or just one sale. That isn't a very smart business practice.
Old 09-04-08, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bishop54 View Post
I just sent an e-mail after receiving my cancellation notice stating that they either ship my products at the stated price or cancel that hold on my card immediatelly. They could have handled this in a more professional manner. I didn't expect to get my order but I think it's a little shady the way they are handling things. I also told them to keep their crappy 30% off coupons because with their inflated pricing on movies Amazon is way cheaper without a coupon. Goodbye Borders and hello Amazon.
Holds on credit cards are not their responsibility. That is your credit card company. There's nothing unusual about that AT ALL.
And the prices are not "inflated." Too expensive? Sure. But list price. Blame the manufacturers.

Originally Posted by anyanka323 View Post
Yes, the code got accidentally released online and people understandably took advantage of it to get a good deal. They shouldn't be punished for that.
Punished? By not getting something cheaper than you were supposed to? Seriously, the sense of entitlement here boggles my mind.

They lost me as a customer that's for sure and probably many more. Instead of losing multiple sales from multiple customers they should have just eaten the loss on this one. I guess they dont care if they lose many sales or just one sale. That isn't a very smart business practice.
I dunno, a sale that COSTS A BUSINESS MONEY doesn't sound like a smart idea to me at all.

You guys are absolutely ludicrous.

EDIT: and if anyone says "I had no idea it wasn't supposed to come out" the VERY FIRST POST IN THIS VERY THREAD suggests it is a glitch. Even if you "wouldn't have thought of it" yourself, it's right there.

I'm sure if I said I wish you guys had experience working retail or online-retail customer service you'd come back with evidence that you had, but I find it extremely difficult to believe with your attitudes of limitless entitlement. I seriously am dumbfounded that a coupon code you got INDIRECTLY has caused you to feel it was your right to use it and get the merchandise.

If you took advantage and got something, well, hey, lucky you.
If you took advantage, got cancelled and said "Darn, oh well," then, well, whatever.
But if you took advantage of an obvious example of something unintended to be widespread and are now bitching that you are not getting your undeserved discount--not backcharged like amazon, just CANCELLED--then I cannot imagine how you function in the real world. It must be constantly disappointing that it doesn't constantly revolve into your favour.

And just to re-iterate:
hold charges are kept on by credit card companies. they wait for authorization until they drop the charge. has nothing to do with Borders.com (or any other retailer) Oh! and the hold charge is there because it has to check against your card to see if it has the required funds available in the first place.

Last edited by FangsFirst; 09-04-08 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-04-08, 11:05 PM

I hold no ill will towards Borders and think they have handled this situation just fine. And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm batting .500 on my orders in this mess.

I still don't think making an order in this situation is immoral. I pride myself on having a high moral standard, and would not have placed an order if I believed it was immoral to do so.
Old 09-04-08, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by FangsFirst View Post
Holds on credit cards are not their responsibility. That is your credit card company. There's nothing unusual about that AT ALL.
And the prices are not "inflated." Too expensive? Sure. But list price. Blame the manufacturers.

Punished? By not getting something cheaper than you were supposed to? Seriously, the sense of entitlement here boggles my mind.

I dunno, a sale that COSTS A BUSINESS MONEY doesn't sound like a smart idea to me at all.

You guys are absolutely ludicrous.

EDIT: and if anyone says "I had no idea it wasn't supposed to come out" the VERY FIRST POST IN THIS VERY THREAD suggests it is a glitch. Even if you "wouldn't have thought of it" yourself, it's right there.

I'm sure if I said I wish you guys had experience working retail or online-retail customer service you'd come back with evidence that you had, but I find it extremely difficult to believe with your attitudes of limitless entitlement. I seriously am dumbfounded that a coupon code you got INDIRECTLY has caused you to feel it was your right to use it and get the merchandise.

If you took advantage and got something, well, hey, lucky you.
If you took advantage, got cancelled and said "Darn, oh well," then, well, whatever.
But if you took advantage of an obvious example of something unintended to be widespread and are now bitching that you are not getting your undeserved discount--not backcharged like amazon, just CANCELLED--then I cannot imagine how you function in the real world. It must be constantly disappointing that it doesn't constantly revolve into your favour.

And just to re-iterate:
hold charges are kept on by credit card companies. they wait for authorization until they drop the charge. has nothing to do with Borders.com (or any other retailer) Oh! and the hold charge is there because it has to check against your card to see if it has the required funds available in the first place.
Dude spare me your rediculously long post please. I just don't like how they handled things and I have that right to feel that way.
Old 09-04-08, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dude spare me your rediculously long post please. I just don't like how they handled things and I have that right to feel that way.
Well, you may have a right to feel that way, but that doesn't make your feeling sensical.
Old 09-04-08, 11:10 PM

Of course you have that right. That wasn't his point.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright İ 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.