Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) 80% Borders.com code

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-08, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do know, they have had to close a lot of stores. Experiences at Borders generally aren't good, though. People are nice but usually don't know what they're talking about, and everything is expensive. Unknowledgable and expensive = no sale for me most of the time. My experience though.
Old 09-03-08, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I don't know if everyone knows just how bad of shape Borders is in right now. They are on their last legs(and this glitch certainly won't help). They will be out of business before they can take anyone to small claims court.
That's a shame. I don't mind stepping in a Borders every once in a while. Granted, they try their best to keep me from buying things with their outrageous prices, but I don't mind spending some time looking around and grabbing a beverage from the cafe.
Old 09-03-08, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

You know what's funny though and has me paranoid, is that I have like five $35.00 Debit/Hold charges on my account. It doesn't say where they're from. I guess I'll find out in the morning though. Let the fun begin, lol. I'm going to enjoy watching them reneg on a printed confirmation order... if it's even them.
Old 09-03-08, 10:38 PM
Cool New Member

I think maybe one or two of my posts have contributed to some confusion, and I'm sorry about that. Let me make one more attempt to clarify my point.

Borders does not need to take any legal action, in the sense of suing people or whatever. All I was trying to do was explain how I think they may have a colorable legal basis for asking those who succeeded in getting shipments out of this fiasco to either a) return the product for a refund or b) pay the difference between the coupon price and their list price. (I gather Amazon tried something similar in a previous fiasco, although I wasn't around for that.) I don't know if that's what they'll do, and I hope they don't, but if they do, they don't have to sue anyone or go to court or anything like that, they just have to contact the customers. Those customers can decide for themselves how they should react to such a request, ranging from complying to fighting. And how Borders would react to those reactions is anyone's guess. I do think it's unlikely that anyone will end up suing anyone over this, but what do I know.

But what Borders can NOT do (or at least can not get away with) is unilaterally decide to charge the credit cards of those customers for the balance they feel is due. That would clearly be illegal, and I think it is extremely unlikely they'd try it. They'd need to obtain some form of consent from the customers first. So what I'm waiting for is the "please send it back" email, and I'm not concerned about them suddenly hitting my credit card with a big charge...although I confess I'm also nervously watching my balance.
Old 09-03-08, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Borders employees obviously knows all about it by now(they have FW pegged as the source)-

http://community.livejournal.com/iwo...rs/342073.html

It should be fun following this thread in the next few days.
Old 09-03-08, 11:09 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Borders employees obviously knows all about it by now(they have FW pegged as the source)-

http://community.livejournal.com/iwo...rs/342073.html

It should be fun following this thread in the next few days.
That FW post was like 2 hours after the SD post.
Old 09-03-08, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
Tonight I am a Yankee fan.
"Red Sox Nation? What a bunch of [expletive] that is ... This is a Yankee country. We're going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order." -- Hank Steinbrenner
Old 09-04-08, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My charges for all three orders just fell off my account statement.. and I already received one, and the second should be arriving tomorrow.

I thought the charges went through when they shipped? Anyone think we'll be getting an e-mail to send the items back soon?
Old 09-04-08, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Turns out those five 35 dollar holds weren't related to this. They were overdraft fees, and erranous ones at that.
Old 09-04-08, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Has anyone actually received any sale merchandise yet?
Old 09-04-08, 07:50 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts
Yes I received one of my orders.
Old 09-04-08, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Has anyone actually received any sale merchandise yet?
I'm starting to worry. My USPS and UPS tracking numbers have yet to be updated at all. I'm not sure if they made it on the truck, if they've been recalled or if they are on their way and just haven't been scanned yet. BTW, does anyone know why the original thread at SD went from 140 pages to just 5?
Old 09-04-08, 09:53 AM

I'm starting to worry. My USPS and UPS tracking numbers have yet to be updated at all. I'm not sure if they made it on the truck, if they've been recalled or if they are on their way and just haven't been scanned yet. BTW, does anyone know why the original thread at SD went from 140 pages to just 5?
It looks like they locked out the original thread and a new one was started on 08/31/08. If you do a search two different threads come up.
Old 09-04-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
i wouldn't worry too much about tracking your orders with borders. i just received a package yesterday from them (unrelated to the 80% deal) and the tracking information wasn't updated until yesterday morning. most of my orders through them are like this so don't read to much into it.
Old 09-04-08, 10:12 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by logangrey
It looks like they locked out the original thread and a new one was started on 08/31/08. If you do a search two different threads come up.
The system closes a thread after it gets "big" and starts a new one. Keeps the first "x amount" of posts and the wiki.
Old 09-04-08, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by logangrey
Thanks. They cut the original thread down to 137 pages, retired it and started a new one with the original posts from the original thread taking up the first page of the new thread.

EDIT: JB7 beat me to it by this much!
Old 09-04-08, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone have thier orders delivered then have their charges, or holds, fall off?
Old 09-04-08, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know what's going on with my order. The credit that I received for my Borders Rewards Bucks for my first order is now gone. I certainly hope that this doesn't mean that they caught my package before it left the warehouse. However, they gave me credit for my second shipment twice. Screwy. All I know is that I won't be happy until my bounty is in my hands.
Old 09-04-08, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mcfly

Oh, and my FedEx package was SUPPOSED to be here today.. but wasn't delivered. Or hasn't yet. I think they deliver until 7pm or so. We'll see.
Did you receive your package?
Old 09-04-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did you receive your package?
Yep. Came quite late. I didn't leave my house until about 6, and got back from class after 9 and this big ass box was waiting for me on my front porch. 90% of it was packing material.

My second one should be at my house when I get home from work. That one's coming USPS.
Old 09-04-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^

Cool beans!
Old 09-04-08, 11:09 AM
Cool New Member

I was charged three times yesterday for one order, but it was cancelled early this morning. I suppose the initial window of opportunity for success was about an hour or so after it broke, either that or I was just unlucky. I'm just surprised that so many people bought Salo during this "sale" who otherwise probably might not have in the first place!
Old 09-04-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just received my shipment that went UPS, so all is not lost.
Old 09-04-08, 12:37 PM
Suspended

Damn, would have been nice to use this coupon on one of those Blu boxsets coming up.
Old 09-04-08, 01:05 PM

I called yesterday and asked if my item had shipped yet. I was told that it had and that I would receive the shipping email soon. Well i have yet to receive it so i called and inquired about the tracking number. I was told that it never shipped and that I would not be receiving it as I used a fraudulent coupon and that I " should have known better" and " that I was ripping of the company" I said I would take my money elsewhere and she responded "FINE!" I by the way have yet to receive a cancellation email.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.