Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-11, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by jwstl
I just noticed that Ken Burns' Baseball box set is the bn.com Deal of the Day at 42.49. A ship to home using a coupon could get you this for 21.25 plus tax which an absolute steal.
I got Baseball in store, they had it on sale for $51 so $27 after tax. I think its about the same price for ship to home since you have to pay shipping.
Old 04-02-11, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

went to bn 3 mins away from my house and picked up Sherlock Holmes complete Collection (Bluray) MSRP $129.99 on sale for $77.99 after coupon $42.XX (70% off MSRP) shipped to home.
Old 04-02-11, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back from placing two ship-to-home orders and had no problems. I feel like I could have given this cashier every coupon I had and she wouldn't have cared. I might go back again before the store closes at 11, since I only live five minutes away, and try a few more with her, lol.

EDIT: Yep, she didn't give me any trouble at all. I just told her I received two more via email after placing the earlier order and she took 'em, no problem whatsoever.

Last edited by kstublen; 04-02-11 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-02-11, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen
I got Baseball in store, they had it on sale for $51 so $27 after tax. I think its about the same price for ship to home since you have to pay shipping.
Shipping is free for members.
Old 04-02-11, 08:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wormraper
well, I broke down. I ordered the stars wars saga for $48.87 shipped to my house. If it get cancelled I guess it gets cancelled. I'll get my refund... *shrug. but hey, if it goes through it will be insane
Several people have mentioned the possibility of these getting cancelled. Have they done this in the past with other 50% off coupons? I was going to go tomorrow and order Star Wars as well.
Old 04-02-11, 09:28 PM

First off, I would like to thank bhauge for posting that he was able to do a ship to home order over the phone. I called today and was able to get the 10 Commandments Anniversary Blu-ray set for $29.84! Of course, the first B&N I called let me get through the order process and when I was going to give them the coupon code, I was told that they couldn't manually enter the code for the 10% - 50% coupon, and the reason they gave seemed more to be made up rather than an actual reason.

However, I did try another store - and asked them up front if I could do the ship to home and the coupon, and they had no problem.

Which brings me to my next update - the 10 Commandments Anniversary Blu-ray set has been lowered in price. It is now $55.79 on their site, and, depending on tax, under $30 shipped! I believe it was about $72.xx yesterday, and just noticed this lower price this morning.

I think I may be done for now - 10 Commandments, Harry Potter Deathly Hallows part 1 (3 disc), Taxi Driver, and LOTR. There are a few others of interest, such as the new True Grit, Sherlock Holmes series and Illusionist - but not sure if I will go ahead with those...after 10 Commandments, I am very happy with my purchases. I still have my Star Wars from the last time they ran this coupon a few months back (and it is still on order).

Thanks again for the coupons!!
Old 04-02-11, 09:28 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Infusion07
Several people have mentioned the possibility of these getting cancelled. Have they done this in the past with other 50% off coupons? I was going to go tomorrow and order Star Wars as well.
well, in the last batch of these 99% of them got cancelled. but that was most likely because it didn't have an official release date and after a little while with no update to the release date the system auto cancels any orders that are made for an item without any foreseeable date (stupid I know). But this one people are just Leary about. they may or they may not. It has an official release date and we've received confirmation of shipping on that date. so it's all up to Barnes and Noble now to cancel or let them go. dunno how it will play out
Old 04-02-11, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Infusion07
I've had more orders canceled by B&N that I placed with my own computer at home. Never had a problem with a ship to home order at a store.
Old 04-02-11, 09:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
It's the B&N in Orange.
Crap I was just about to go there. Not worth the effort and potential hassle at this point.
Old 04-02-11, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
All done at once with the same cashier?!?!?! NICE!!!
Well, they did have to be purchased in separate transactions.

The cashiers at the two stores I visited today weren't as willing to let me abuse the coupon, so I settled for Hellraiser, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, and Gattaca for $6.29 + tax each.

Tomorrow's the last day the coupon's active, so I'll be hoping for:

Winged Migration $4.05
Donnie Darko $6.75(?)
Big Trouble in Little China $6.75(?)
Lions for Lambs $5.62
Old 04-02-11, 10:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks wormraper and LASERMOVIES. Going to go ahead and order Star Wars tomorrow. Can't beat that price.
Old 04-02-11, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Got shot down trying to use the non members 50% coupon. It was weird because they accepted the member coupon and then told me I could only use one 50% coupon. I tried telling them that this one was a different coupon. But they said that I could use only one 50% coupon per customer which is kinda retarded. They also took away my order slip too for some reason. While they were doing that, I was thinking their loss as I was prepared to spend over $50 because of the coupons. They also wrote down the email address on the member coupon that was used. Couldn't use any coupons in the DVD section because the same guy who processed my orders on Sunday was also there. Also got shot down in the cafe when they told me to go to the front.

I'm going to stop frequenting that BN because of their strict policy on coupons. Count me in as another person who will probably not renew my membership. Man, if Amazon just price matched bn on Criterions and undercut them a little (like $17.99 or $18.99) I wouldn't bother with BN.

Sorry for the mini rant.
Old 04-02-11, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

After going through 3 different employees at the same store since the sale started (2 were during one checkout), I was lucky enough to get a completely new one today. She could not have been cooler. We chatted for a bit and then when we went to the counter I asked if I could do separate transactions and use a coupon for each. No problem. She rang up the first one and applied the coupon. She rang up the second, but I couldn't find my second coupon in my wallet. No problem. She pulled out a 50% coupon from behind the register and scanned that for me. She would have got the same effect had she just scanned my original coupon twice, but however she wants to get me half off is fine with me (that would have been a completely different sentence had I left out "half"). I feel like I could have used as many coupons as I wanted with her, but I think I've run out of things I want to buy.
Old 04-02-11, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Murmur
First off, I would like to thank bhauge for posting that he was able to do a ship to home order over the phone. I called today and was able to get the 10 Commandments Anniversary Blu-ray set for $29.84!
Thanks for the kudos and congratulations on getting a great price on the Ten Commandments!
Old 04-02-11, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well, in the last batch of these 99% of them got cancelled.
And you are basing that on???

I've never had a ship to home order cancelled including the Star Wars set during the last 50% coupon period.
Old 04-02-11, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I guess I'm unlucky. I have an hour drive just to get to a BN, and the cashier only let me use one coupon. Still, I picked up Inside Job blu for $12.24 plus tax, which I've been wanting for a while.
Old 04-03-11, 12:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kodave
Crap I was just about to go there. Not worth the effort and potential hassle at this point.
No problems in Huntington Beach (Bella Terra) or Costa Mesa (South Coast).
Old 04-03-11, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cgray
Just to make sure -- you know a new, Criterion version of Fear and Loathing is coming out on blu-ray? All of the discs he mentioned are new or upcoming Criterion releases.
Yeah, I know, but I'm trying to cut down on upgrading movies I already upgraded. I have the Criterion DVD, I have the HD-DVD, and I have the BD. Do I really need to buy it a 4th time? I just have to draw the line somewhere.
Old 04-03-11, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
I guess I'm unlucky. I have an hour drive just to get to a BN, and the cashier only let me use one coupon. Still, I picked up Inside Job blu for $12.24 plus tax, which I've been wanting for a while.
That sucks. Usually the argument that the coupons are "different" works...
Old 04-03-11, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

ewww, bummer. don't wanna spend $50 now when it's 5 1/2 months away and have to worry about them jacking around refunding me if it DOES get cancelled
IF a Ship-to-Home order would get canceled, your c/c would automatically be refunded at the time of cancellation. But I spose if you paid cash, it could be an issue...
Old 04-03-11, 07:36 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
IF a Ship-to-Home order would get canceled, your c/c would automatically be refunded at the time of cancellation. But I spose if you paid cash, it could be an issue...
yeah, I know, I broke down anyways , I'm weak. $48.87 for the whole star wars saga was too good to pass up. Here's to praying it doesn't get cancelled
Old 04-03-11, 09:18 AM

Had already spent a ton, but at my last run gave in and got the complete Rocky & Bullwinkle. Item was listed 10% off. After BN member discount and 50% off, came to $44. Paid with a $50 BN gift card that I bought on Ebay for $45. Effective price: $39. BN has to stop these sales!
Old 04-03-11, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back and used the same two coupons with the same cashier for the third time. Luckily she's pretty cool and doesn't seem to care.
Old 04-03-11, 12:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For anyone in Los Angeles, have you found certain stores to be easier using the 50% coupons at than others? The Grove vs Westside Pavilion, for example? I had issues in the past with the $5 off coupon at the Grove during the last Criterion sale, being accused of multi-use when I had only gone their once, and was using a brand new membership card.
Old 04-03-11, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

There and back again....

My final haul:

LOTR (EE)
Star Wars (OT)
Le Cercle Rouge
Blow Out
Pale Flower
Something Wild
A.I. Artificial Intelligence
Arthur/Arthur 2
Ray
Unstoppable
Mad Men Season 4
Mad Men Season 4

Music
Rush - Moving Pictures (CD+Blu-ray)
CK & JT - Live at the Troubadour (CD+DVD)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.