Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 11-13-11, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
This coupons work excellent in instores and you can re-used it over & over again. I used 16 times already
Originally Posted by illennium
How is that possible?
I guess it's a huge YMMV. I tried both of them this morning, and was told immediately that they had been used on the 11th. No sale for BN2K.
Old 11-13-11, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anybody has a spare 25% off code, I would love one - send me a PM. I will surely pay it forward when I can!
Old 11-13-11, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
This company is absolutely maddening.

I've got three accounts tied to separate e-mail addresses from which I've made purchases. Not one of them has ever yielded a single coupon e-mail from B&N. I've checked my preferences on each, and checked my spam folders. Nothing.

Needless to say, if anyone has a spare they won't be using, I would be highly appreciative. Thanks.
I have about 25 accounts with different email addresses, and only receive coupons on ONE account. I wasn't getting coupons on any for the longest time, and suddenly one account started getting coupons 4-6 weeks ago. I don't know what changed. I'm not a member, and haven't been a member on that email for a LOOONG time...
Old 11-13-11, 10:26 PM

here's a code for the late nite crowd
GU98PG4WDQJ21
Old 11-13-11, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^
Redeemed.
Old 11-14-11, 12:21 AM
Cool New Member

^Just my luck, I was in the middle of Marienbad...
I'm really excited, half my order is on its way already. Some through UPS, some through Argix-USPS (whatever the heck that is). I wonder if any coupons higher than 25% will be issued...
Old 11-14-11, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I guess I'll have to retract some earlier comments I made vis-ą-vis the $8 off $40 coupon.
Decided to test it, so on Saturday I approached a cashier wanting to buy a $39.99 BluRay and when presenting my coupon said: "I don't know if this [DVD] qualifies but could you try this?" The CSR showed it to an associate standing next to him, they read the fine print, and said it might work. He then proceeded to ring up the sale and after trying to scan the $8 UPC a second time, the sale went through. The most surprised person in the whole store was....me.
Went back on Sunday, same store, different CSR (although first guy showed up during transaction), same results. Only bought one DVD each time but on Sunday also bought a Standard Def using my last 25% off coupon. YMMV. The system does not reject it outright. Wound up paying more for SD than BR.
Old 11-14-11, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Could be an interesting week for coupons. I ran across the details for member and non-member coupons for 30 to 40% off. Not sure how they are going to send these out though. May want to monitor emails a little more closely from B&N. Also later in the week should at least have a new 15% to 20% combo store online coupons valid from November 17 to November 20.

Here's the details for one of the 40% coupons.
http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...&promoid=10138

40% Off One Item Coupon Details:

This coupon can be redeemed only once per customer per billing address at any Barnes & Noble retail store.

This coupon is valid at Barnes & Noble stores from November 14, 2011 to November 21, 2011 at close of business.

The 40% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK® devices and their related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) not valid at hp.bn.com (vi) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vii) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (viii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at BN.com or Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however,
Old 11-14-11, 01:30 PM

i called up, they are asking for feed back review but no promotion code. shit
Old 11-14-11, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Could be an interesting week for coupons. I ran across the details for member and non-member coupons for 30 to 40% off. Not sure how they are going to send these out though. May want to monitor emails a little more closely from B&N. Also later in the week should at least have a new 15% to 20% combo store online coupons valid from November 17 to November 20.

Here's the details for one of the 40% coupons.
Three Colors for ~$23 on release day? Yes, please!
Old 11-14-11, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Could be an interesting week for coupons. I ran across the details for member and non-member coupons for 30 to 40% off. Not sure how they are going to send these out though. May want to monitor emails a little more closely from B&N.
Great, here we go again. Those who get coupons in their e-mail will get these as well, and those who don't will continue to wonder why not, and have no way to do anything about it.
Old 11-14-11, 01:55 PM

If I do indeed receive a 40% off coupon, Night of the Hunter would be $14.34 after sales tax, $13.50 before.

I'd basically save $1.06 after sales tax if I went with the 40% off coupon instead of the $8 off $40 coupon.
Old 11-14-11, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Great, here we go again. Those who get coupons in their e-mail will get these as well, and those who don't will continue to wonder why not, and have no way to do anything about it.
Tell me about it.
Old 11-14-11, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by GaryO
Tell me about it.
Have you guys tried calling customer service? I know it seems like a hassle, but I was on hold about 15 minutes, finally got through to someone who filled out a form, and assured me I would start receiving coupons. About 4 days later I started receiving tons of e-mails from Barnes & Noble, some with coupons and some stating sales that were going on.
Old 11-14-11, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If this happens, this is going for the 3 Colors set.
Old 11-14-11, 04:19 PM

sonofabitch! I just now thought to check my spam folder and sure enough there are the 25% off coupons which are now expired. Grrrrr.

Well, at least I have a chance at getting a 40% coupon now.
Old 11-14-11, 04:56 PM
Cool New Member

So, I too found an expired 25% off coupon in my spam box. So, where are these $8 off $40 hiding? I'd like to grab Three Colors tomorrow. (Also, I'm not a member. I used my trial membership last sale)
Old 11-14-11, 04:58 PM
Cool New Member

I too found an expired 25% off coupon in my spam box. So, where are these $8 off $40 hiding? I'd like to grab Three Colors tomorrow. (Also, I'm not a member. I used my trial membership last sale)
Old 11-14-11, 05:17 PM
Cool New Member

Also, has anyone tried to use a member coupon without a membership?
Old 11-14-11, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by monk0nuggets
I too found an expired 25% off coupon in my spam box. So, where are these $8 off $40 hiding? I'd like to grab Three Colors tomorrow. (Also, I'm not a member. I used my trial membership last sale)
The $8 coupons are for members only.
Old 11-14-11, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Louisville S
Have you guys tried calling customer service? I know it seems like a hassle, but I was on hold about 15 minutes, finally got through to someone who filled out a form, and assured me I would start receiving coupons. About 4 days later I started receiving tons of e-mails from Barnes & Noble, some with coupons and some stating sales that were going on.
I called right before the 25% were coming out and the guy told me I had email checked to NO and he changed it, but I never received the email. So it is just hit or miss. No guarantee if you call that you will get the emails either.
Old 11-14-11, 06:13 PM
Cool New Member

So, if there are 40% off coupons hitting this week, what day would you guess they drop? I'll be near a B&N tomorrow, but not for the rest of the week.
Old 11-14-11, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by monk0nuggets
So, if there are 40% off coupons hitting this week, what day would you guess they drop? I'll be near a B&N tomorrow, but not for the rest of the week.
This coupon is valid at Barnes & Noble stores from November 14, 2011 to November 21, 2011 at close of business.
They should have been sent out already.
Old 11-14-11, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
They should have been sent out already.
Not in stores obviously. The only way to know if they overlap online is to check around Midnight Eastern next Monday.
Old 11-14-11, 06:46 PM
Cool New Member

So they're active now? Are they randomly being sent to emails like the last batch of 25% ones or is there a link someplace?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.