Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-11, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by dino88
They charged you at the register.
So that pretty much guarantees that it won’t get canceled?
Old 04-01-11, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did two more ship-to-home orders at a different Barnes & Noble. Both were on the same transaction and both coupons worked; hopefully it didn't get canceled.
Old 04-01-11, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah just realised the online ones are use once only, no wonder there isnt any 50% ones. Oh well, I'll wait for the 50% criterion sale then (overseas unfortunately), although would have liked to have snapped up Treme, Futurama Vol 5, Breaking Bad s3 and the LOTR trilogy.
Old 04-01-11, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to a different store tonight and bought 2 more titles. I was in a hurry, so didn't attempt a STH. I got the Towering Inferno for $9.44 and the French Connection for $6.75! Then I went to Borders where everything was 80% off!!! I bought one BD for $4, and two DVD TV seasons for $6 each. Then I went to Ultimate Electronics (also closing) and got Blue Mountain State S1 on BD for $9.18. The funny thing is, I have been looking for that at B&N but both of my stores don't have it. I ended up getting it cheaper than the 50% off coupon! This was a great day for bargains!!!
Old 04-01-11, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
So that pretty much guarantees that it won’t get canceled?
Unfortunately, no. For pre-orders coming out more than a month from now, B&N has occasionally canceled orders. Your c/c automatically gets refunded. I have had success, however, calling the Ship to Home department at B&N and getting my order re-instated. Before I knew about that, I got a local store to re-place my order at the original price once as well. I know I posted that direct 800# in this thread during the last sale, but I'll be damned if I know what I did with it. Did anyone write it down? It could take a while to find it in this thread, unless someone knows the exact dates of their last 50% off coupon...
Old 04-01-11, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by clintilona
Breaking Bad Season 3 Blu $18.52
Nice deal for a BD of the best show on TV. I could have saved a couple of bucks had I waited a day to buy this; it dropped $5 since yesterday when I bought it.
Old 04-01-11, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by nitin77
thanks to those who posted some online codes. Is there a 50% off one?
If anyone does have a 50% code that they're giving away, pm the person you're giving it to. Don't chance a lurker getting the code.

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Unfortunately, no. For pre-orders coming out more than a month from now, B&N has occasionally canceled orders. Your c/c automatically gets refunded. I have had success, however, calling the Ship to Home department at B&N and getting my order re-instated. Before I knew about that, I got a local store to re-place my order at the original price once as well. I know I posted that direct 800# in this thread during the last sale, but I'll be damned if I know what I did with it. Did anyone write it down? It could take a while to find it in this thread, unless someone knows the exact dates of their last 50% off coupon...
Found it. I put your name in the search bar and went back until I saw talk about the 50% coupon. Holy shit! You have a lot of posts in this thread.

34 minutes on hold, but no resolution. The rep sees that a cancellation email was sent, but doesn't know why. She doesn't show that it has been canceled, but she also said that may not update right away. If anyone else has a Ship To Home issue, call 800-962-6177 instead of the normal 800#. I got transferred, which added to the length of my hold time... That # is ONLY for Ship To Home orders though. They won't be able to help you with bn.com orders...
Maybe Laser can add this to the OP before we lose it again.
Old 04-01-11, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstl
....I could have saved a couple of bucks had I waited a day to buy this; it dropped $5 since yesterday when I bought it.
Me too: Le Cercle Rouge; Pale Flower and; Blow Out, all had price drops after I pre-ordered yesterday....oh well.
Old 04-01-11, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info kenbenobi & dino, I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed that they don't cancel the order. I'm pretty damn excited that this set is finally coming out on blu. My wife and I are going to see the score at the symphony tomorrow night

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1guGANzc3Uk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1guGANzc3Uk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Last edited by mattysemo247; 04-01-11 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-01-11, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I had a ship-to-home order "canceled" during the previous round of secret coupons. After contacting CS, they said that it was not really canceled, but the system had generated an erroneous cancellation e-mail, as no release date had been assigned.

Incidentally, to check the status of a ship-to-home order, you need to log out of your account on the B&N website, then go to the "check order status" page, and manually enter the order # from the e-mail (not from the order sheet). Your STH orders will never show on your Order History page.
Old 04-01-11, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If anyone does have a 50% code that they're giving away, pm the person you're giving it to. Don't chance a lurker getting the code.

Found it. I put your name in the search bar and went back until I saw talk about the 50% coupon. Holy shit! You have a lot of posts in this thread.

Maybe Laser can add this to the OP before we lose it again.
I hate to say it, but HE ALREADY DID! He has all contact numbers, including Ship To Home, in the 2nd post. It was already there before your search (but I am impressed you found it!) Lasermovies is truly the master of this thread!
Yes, yes I do!
Old 04-01-11, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Thanks for the info kenbenobi, I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed that they don't cancel the order. I'm pretty damn excited that this set is finally coming out on blu. My wife and I are going to see the score at the symphony tomorrow night
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure it will be fine... As for the symphony, that's KEWL!!! I'm sure that will be incredible. I lived in LA when John Williams and his symphony performed the music of Star Wars live at the Hollywood Bowl, but I didn't hear about it until the day AFTER the concert. I was kicking myself for weeks!!!
Old 04-01-11, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Picked up the CLOSE ENCOUNTERS Blu-Ray set for $12.49 at B&N in Frisco, TX today.
Old 04-02-11, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Me too: Le Cercle Rouge; Pale Flower and; Blow Out, all had price drops after I pre-ordered yesterday....oh well.
Maybe there have been enough ship to home orders to bump these up in the rankings and drop the price. I'm going to watch a few items up to the last minute.
Old 04-02-11, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hate to say it, but HE ALREADY DID! He has all contact numbers, including Ship To Home, in the 2nd post. It was already there before your search (but I am impressed you found it!) Lasermovies is truly the master of this thread!

Yes, yes I do!
It has been there for a few months. I figured after B&N eliminated the bookstore links I should do something with the second post and not let it sit there empty.
Old 04-02-11, 01:34 AM

Blu-rays picked up today (with the help of a pliable cashier and member's discount):

Young Frankenstein $7.21
Cool Hand Luke $6.74
Rob Roy $6.29
A Passage to India $6.29
The Fly $4.90
Old 04-02-11, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Today's haul (Blus):

The Times Of Harvey Milk
Au Revoir Les Enfants
Playtime
Still Walking
The Mikado
Topsy Turvy
Yi Yi
Blow Out (for $16.67)

I almost wasn't able to get Blow Out because the guy said he didn't think I could use the coupon on a Pre-Order, but he apparently was an extra in DePalma's The Fury and so he went ahead and tried the coupon. Win.

Hoping to be able to get Pre-Orders on:

Something Wild
Pale Flower
Kes
The Great Dictator
La Cercle Rouge
Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas

^In That Order
Old 04-02-11, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The Magician CC blu will be my only purchase at 16.73 out of pocket after the last $2.xx left on an old gift card. Can't complain about that. Thanks to all who posted the coupon info or confirmed the 50% code.
Old 04-02-11, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

So I was browsing the DVD section of a Barnes and Noble in which I had used a 50% coupon the previous day...

Anyway, some guy who is apparently a manager comes in and starts talking to the cashier. Suddenly, I overhear the cashier mention that she had two customers come in with "that coupon" but that they were told it wasn't working on the store's computer because of some glitch and that they needed to come back tomorrow if they wanted to use it. The manager says something about how he is trying to figure out what to do about the coupon and mentions something like, "Yeah, the fine print says we can refuse to honor the coupon at any time."

Then the manager says something about how he noticed on the coupon printout that the file name printed on the top of the page shows the percentage discount. He says that he thinks someone probably figured out which coupon was the 50 percent coupon and posted it online. Then he tells the cashier about how it sucks that people have to ruin a deal like this. He says the coupon discount is supposed to be a surprise and that people should just go along with it instead of spoiling it.

Needless to say, I hightailed it out of there.
Old 04-02-11, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Picked up Sweet Smell Of Success (Bd) and that will probably be it, unless I get a book. Nothing else I want right now is in stock at any location around here. May try a ship to home, but the more I have to deal with the cashiers and make myself conspicuous, the less enthusiasm I have.

Very happy to finally get SSoS. That got released just after the Groupon deal fell through, so it's been sticking in my craw ever since. Nice to finally get it dislodged.
Old 04-02-11, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I'd rather be surprised about getting 15% which I wouldn't even waste my time going to the store with.

Btw, where in CA was this? If Los Angeles, which store? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
So I was browsing the DVD section of a Barnes and Noble in which I had used a 50% coupon the previous day...

Anyway, some guy who is apparently a manager comes in and starts talking to the cashier. Suddenly, I overhear the cashier mention that she had two customers come in with "that coupon" but that they were told it wasn't working on the store's computer because of some glitch and that they needed to come back tomorrow if they wanted to use it. The manager says something about how he is trying to figure out what to do about the coupon and mentions something like, "Yeah, the fine print says we can refuse to honor the coupon at any time."

Then the manager says something about how he noticed on the coupon printout that the file name printed on the top of the page shows the percentage discount. He says that he thinks someone probably figured out which coupon was the 50 percent coupon and posted it online. Then he tells the cashier about how it sucks that people have to ruin a deal like this. He says the coupon discount is supposed to be a surprise and that people should just go along with it instead of spoiling it.

Needless to say, I hightailed it out of there.
Old 04-02-11, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jrsl76
Btw, where in CA was this? If Los Angeles, which store? Thanks.
It's the B&N in Orange.
Old 04-02-11, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
It has been there for a few months. I figured after B&N eliminated the bookstore links I should do something with the second post and not let it sit there empty.
Geez, and I thought you were a mind-reader, or "felt the Force", and knew I was gonna ask for it...
Old 04-02-11, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jrsl76
Today's haul (Blus):

Hoping to be able to get Pre-Orders on:

Something Wild
Pale Flower
Kes
The Great Dictator
La Cercle Rouge
Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas

^In That Order
Nice list! Thanks for the suggestions. I'm definitely in for The Great Dictator, and possibly a few others (own F&LILV already)
Old 04-02-11, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by deet
Blu-rays picked up today (with the help of a pliable cashier and member's discount):

Young Frankenstein $7.21
Cool Hand Luke $6.74
Rob Roy $6.29
A Passage to India $6.29
The Fly $4.90
All done at once with the same cashier?!?!?! NICE!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.