Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 01-03-11, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I haven't placed a second order but it appears it would work if I wanted to do another one with the same account. At least one of the DVDs is showing up free in my cart. Maybe you have a DVD that for some reason is not eligible with the sale.
Thanks. I'll have to take look at the items in my cart.

Update: One of the items has the "After Holiday Sale" icon. I removed it and added one that isn't part of that sale and it now gives me one for free.

Last edited by jwstl; 01-03-11 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-03-11, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joe_b
I've got 3 items in my cart - Troll 2 BD, Best Worst Movie and one of the Media Blasters triple features.

The triple feature lists a 1-2 week wait. The set is also not in stock at Amazon and they don't even give a date when it would ship. I'm wondering what B&N will do with if they can't produce the item. Since it works out as the free title, I don't want to be stuck paying full price for the other two.
If B&N could not get it they would eventually cancel that part of the order and you would lose it as the free title. Yes you would end up paying for the other two titles in the process.
Old 01-03-11, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If B&N could not get it they would eventually cancel that part of the order and you would lose it as the free title. Yes you would end up paying for the other two titles in the process.
This very thing happened to me during the last B&N B2G1 sale. One item was cancelled and I was charged the full price for the other 2. I called customer service and explained politely to the rep that they owed me another item as a replacement for the cancelled one. They eventually came to the understanding and allowed me to order another item at the same price for no charge.
Old 01-04-11, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Thanks for the info, guys. I placed the order anyway because I didn't want to lose out on using the MasterCard coupon, but hearing this kind of makes me wish I hadn't bothered. I certainly won't be opening anything unless the entire order ships.

I ended up canceling my initial order to replace the Troll 2 BD with The Sarah Jane Adventures S3 which is released today. I've never canceled anything with B&N before, but was told I would receive a cancellation notice in about an hour... that was three hours ago.

BTW, jwstl - how did they handle the replacement? Did they give you a gift card in the amount of the canceled item, or did you have to search the website for something in a similar price range?
Old 01-04-11, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also I found out the $5 DVD coupons that were so popular for the Criterion sale have been changed this year. It's now $8 off a DVD or blu-ray with a selling price of $40.
That's going to diminish the likelihood of my signing up for another membership. Mine lapsed at the end of November and it was a great year of usage for me but it seems as if they did this to specifically cut down on usage for the Criterion titles. No way those clerks are going to find it easy to accept it when they found so many ways to decline the $5 off on $29.99 and even $39.99 SRP Criterions during the November sale.
Old 01-04-11, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
That's going to diminish the likelihood of my signing up for another membership. Mine lapsed at the end of November and it was a great year of usage for me but it seems as if they did this to specifically cut down on usage for the Criterion titles. No way those clerks are going to find it easy to accept it when they found so many ways to decline the $5 off on $29.99 and even $39.99 SRP Criterions during the November sale.
If $5 off 20 coupon is over no reason to renew my BN membership this year. Still hope 20% or 25% coupon pop up when criterion sale start!

Hope i can get all this titles for cheap in july sales !!
A Christmas Tale
Mystery Train
Videodrome
Robinson Crusoe on Mars
Army of Shadows
Shock Corridor
Double Life Of Veronique
Naked Kiss
Amarcord

Last edited by Jtnguyen12; 01-04-11 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-04-11, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by jwstl
While it's not a DVD deal it is DVD related...

B&N stores has The Simpsons World Ultimate Episode Guide book for $75, 50% off the list price. If you get in tonight you can still use the 25% off coupon and member discount to get it for around $51 plus tax. It's currently 90.90 at Bn.com and Amazon.com.
I was tempted by that too, but couldn't bring myself to buy it knowing it is already incomplete, and the later ultimate edition will probably be even better.
Old 01-04-11, 03:22 AM
Banned

It was a barrel of laughs to put items in the cart & go to add some matching items only to see that the first items had doubled in price. This actually happened three different times with items at three different price points. It's sort of amusing thinking that each person has an individual gremlin assigned to you making sure that you don't maximize savings by having three identically-priced items in your cart when checking out.

Kind of makes it a crappy sale unless you get in during the first few hours before prices start jumping before your eyes (literally). It wouldn't be so bad if all prices were adjusted simulataneously (and if the site actually reflected the price change rather than getting one excited until putting the item in the cart to see the "current" price even though the lower price is still in the main listing)...but it was uncanny...almost like the site is programmed to stay one jump ahead of you. And between 3 & 4 A.M., too.

It did make me laugh out loud repeatedly before finally giving up on this "sale". At this rate, I'd have been better off using the 5% coupon on the previous price rather than the "B2G1" price.

Thanks, B&N!
Old 01-04-11, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Everything I had in my cart, but didn't buy last night, has gone up in price today. Strangely, some of them were already part of the After Holiday Sale and excluded from the B2G1F, yet those went up in price too, and are still part of the After Holiday Sale so still excluded. I'm kinda bummed about those...
Old 01-04-11, 08:21 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

I agree, it was very hard to find any combo that made for a decent deal with all the price jumps.

I called this morning to cancel my first order. The male rep told me (after repeating my order number twice) that there was no trace of it in their system and my order must have been canceled. He also said my last order with this account was in 2008, so I knew something was off. I mean, I can still enter the order number to check the status automatically - it hadn't been canceled. So, I called again and spoke to a female rep who pulled the order up in two seconds (go figure) and told me that she would send me a pre-paid label in case the cancellation didn't go through in time. The online order status lists a ship date of 1/06, so hopefully they have plenty of time to process my request.

And regarding the Media Blasters box set I ordered as my freebie - I just got a e-mail from Deep Discount (where I had already canceled this item last month!) informing me that it was no longer available from their supplier and they were canceling my order. So, yeah - this might end up being kind of hassle if B&N can't get it either

Last edited by joe_b; 01-04-11 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-04-11, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Everything I had in my cart, but didn't buy last night, has gone up in price today. Strangely, some of them were already part of the After Holiday Sale and excluded from the B2G1F, yet those went up in price too, and are still part of the After Holiday Sale so still excluded. I'm kinda bummed about those...
And they didn't just increase a small amount. I had 3 items in my cart and all at least doubled in price.
Old 01-04-11, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I actually went the book route in store yesterday and picked up the DC COMICS YEAR BY YEAR CHRONICLE @ 85% off. Store had it on sale for 50% off, then added the 25% off MC coupon plus 10% member, total came out to be $18. Solid price for a book that I haven't been able to put down since I bought it.
Old 01-04-11, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

BTW, jwstl - how did they handle the replacement? Did they give you a gift card in the amount of the canceled item, or did you have to search the website for something in a similar price range?
They told me to place an order for an item at the same price and they would credit my account for the amount. But I didn't think to ask for a gift card; it's worth a try.
Old 01-04-11, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

B&N finally put up the new revised $8 DVD and Blu-ray store coupon today. Thought I would post both side by side to make it easier to compare and see what they have changed.

Old 01-04-11, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

B&N finally put up the new revised $8 DVD and Blu-ray store coupon today. Thought I would post both side by side to make it easier to compare and see what they have changed.
It's clear this was done to prevent the use of these on the regular Criterion BDs and SDs. The $40 limit is one penny more than the list price of Criterion BDs.
However, this will be a nice coupon to use on the Criterion box sets.
Old 01-04-11, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jwstl
And they didn't just increase a small amount. I had 3 items in my cart and all at least doubled in price.
I just looked up the 6 titles I ordered last night, and WOW did they go up a lot! One went from 15.99 to 35.99, one from 16.24 to 38.24, and another from 13.49 to 25.49, so you weren't kidding about doubling! The Star Trek Enterprise seasons jumped up as well. Glad I ordered last night and didn't procrastinate like usual...
Old 01-04-11, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Non-Members (Anyone can use)
Save 25% off one item with this printable store coupon. The 25% discount will be applied to the highest-priced item purchased. This coupon valid from January 2, 2011 to January 17, 2011 at the close of business.
Printable store coupon available

Will this coupon work? It says "valid at Manhattan stores only"
Old 01-04-11, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still hope more 20%, 25% & 30% off show up around Criterion sales start
Old 01-04-11, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe I'm just in a glass-half-full kind of mood but the 8 dollar off might be pretty sweet. My local B&N hasn't ever refused me the discount for being pennies less than the printed coupon offer so ... I think that a $39.99 title might walk out the store for 10 bucks if they do the 50 percent off Criterion sale again.
Old 01-04-11, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't read the coupon and missed that part. I assumed it was your standard all customer coupon. I would say it could create a problem and there is a chance other B&N stores could reject it. I'll have to update the information on the first page.
Old 01-05-11, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Even worse, it specifies which Manhattan stores it can be used at and that doesn't include the closest ones to my downtown orbit. They must be trying to boost sales numbers at those branches: Fifth Ave. and Citigroup are definitely not that busy.
Old 01-05-11, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got my BBS Story today excellent condition. 7 criterion movies under $50 is steal deal
Old 01-05-11, 11:48 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
Even worse, it specifies which Manhattan stores it can be used at and that doesn't include the closest ones to my downtown orbit. They must be trying to boost sales numbers at those branches: Fifth Ave. and Citigroup are definitely not that busy.
Probably the stores that got the inventory from the Lincoln Center store that closed on January 2 .
Old 01-06-11, 10:44 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I called this morning to cancel my first order. The male rep told me (after repeating my order number twice) that there was no trace of it in their system and my order must have been canceled. He also said my last order with this account was in 2008, so I knew something was off. I mean, I can still enter the order number to check the status automatically - it hadn't been canceled. So, I called again and spoke to a female rep who pulled the order up in two seconds (go figure) and told me that she would send me a pre-paid label in case the cancellation didn't go through in time. The online order status lists a ship date of 1/06, so hopefully they have plenty of time to process my request.
I ordered a Blu-ray on the evening of 1/3 and it said it normally ships in 24 hours. The next morning I changed my mind and decided to see if I could cancel and the order status page said it was expected to ship 1/6 and there was a link to cancel. I clicked that and it said they would respond within 1 hour about that. Within 30 minutes I got an email saying my order was scheduled to ship that day (1/4) and the order status now showed it was scheduled to ship on 1/4. 9 hours after trying to cancel I finally got a response to that saying it was too late. The order still hasn't shipped and the status page still shows an expected shipping date of 1/4. At least I can return it to a store if I still decide to cancel. I used to have really fast service from B&N, but considering the last 2 orders I placed they sent me someone else's order (invoice included), I'm probably crazy to order from them again. Or an incredible cheapskate which is quite likely.
Old 01-06-11, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
Got my BBS Story today excellent condition. 7 criterion movies under $50 is steal deal
I received mine yesterday as well. Condition could have been better, but it wasn't terrible... Lots of creases on the box. It was shipped in the wrap-around cardboard, not an actual box...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.