Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 06-01-10, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Jfunk1
I tried creating a new account and still, the GSA coupon comes up as invalid. It says the coupon expired at 3am EST today. So, how are people still using it now?
I've used it a bunch, and just tried for a couple final orders (thought it was good time to catch up on Zorn's Book of Angels series). It just stopped working for me, so I fear it may be over.
Old 06-01-10, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just tested the gsa coupon and it said my order didn't qualify on a in stock DVD. Still not coming up expired, but have a feeling B&N may have disabled it to keep it from working. Someone must have forgot to set it to expire on time. I'll leave the code up on the first page for the rest of the day in case it comes back to life again.
Old 06-01-10, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jfunk1
I tried creating a new account and still, the GSA coupon comes up as invalid. It says the coupon expired at 3am EST today. So, how are people still using it now?
It was still working at the time. But I just confirmed that it is not working now. Must have been killed within the last few hours...
Old 06-01-10, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I just tested the gsa coupon and it said my order didn't qualify on a in stock DVD. Still not coming up expired, but have a feeling B&N may have disabled it to keep it from working. Someone must have forgot to set it to expire on time. I'll leave the code up on the first page for the rest of the day in case it comes back to life again.
Ya, that is the message I get as well, but I've tried an in-stock book, and an in-stock DVD, and both say they do not qualify. I'm thinking it's dead...
Oh, how I shall miss it...
Old 06-01-10, 04:48 PM

I just noticed that they have removed several of the 40% discounts on their most popular items like True Blood Season 2 and others. I wonder if the B2G1 Free promotion is coming soon or if they just realized they needed to raise some of their prices after this deal hit the forums over at slickdeals and thousands of orders started coming through...
Old 06-01-10, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by getjazzedman
I just noticed that they have removed several of the 40% discounts on their most popular items like True Blood Season 2 and others. I wonder if the B2G1 Free promotion is coming soon or if they just realized they needed to raise some of their prices after this deal hit the forums over at slickdeals and thousands of orders started coming through...
It could be because they were getting hammered with orders, or maybe they are ending some sales. B&N starts and ends a lot of their sales on Mondays and Tuesdays.

The B2G1F DVD sale is due but don't think it is happening this week. They did start a B2G1F paperback sale today, which could mean the DVD sale is around the corner.

Edit to add:
The good news is the book sale seems to work at the GSA link when I tested it. That's a good sign the DVD sale will also work when it starts. I was worried it might not since last month the buy 3 DVDs for $20, and buy 3 books for $9.99 sales only worked at B&N.com. They would not activate through the bookstore links for some reason.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Free...linkid=1576125

Last edited by Laser Movies; 06-01-10 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-01-10, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My Life order already shipped. Now I just need to find Planet Earth for cheap. What's the cheapest you guys have seen the blu-ray go for? Amazon UK has it for 17.93...a little under $30 after shipping and VAT.

Last edited by dino88; 06-01-10 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-01-10, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, mine too. My orders using that deal usually shipped within 12 hours or less, and I've been receiving them in about 3 week days.
Old 06-01-10, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My order for Life also shipped and is scheduled to arrive on Friday. Plan to start watching it this weekend.
Old 06-02-10, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My order for Life also shipped and is scheduled to arrive on Friday. Plan to start watching it this weekend.
Get a Life! Oh wait, you just did...
Old 06-02-10, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't get either of the 15% non-member coupons to work through the gsa link. Bummer!
Old 06-02-10, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I can't get either of the 15% non-member coupons to work through the gsa link. Bummer!
I've noticed the past several weeks they started doing this with some of the coupons. Not sure why since I didn't see any new restrictions added to the fine print.

Hope I can find a coupon that works since the Three Stooges Collection is now at 40% off. It should be $11.34 at the GSA link with a 15% coupon.

Edit:
I found both of the current 15% member coupons do work through the GSA link. Was able to order The Three Stooges Collection for $11.33 before sales tax.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 06-02-10 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-02-10, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Get a Life! Oh wait, you just did...
I buy too many DVDs to have a life.
Old 06-02-10, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've noticed the past several weeks they started doing this with some of the coupons. Not sure why since I didn't see any new restrictions added to the fine print.

Hope I can find a coupon that works since the Three Stooges Collection is now at 40% off. It should be $11.34 at the GSA link with a 15% coupon.

Edit:
I found both of the current 15% member coupons do work through the GSA link. Was able to order The Three Stooges Collection for $11.33 before sales tax.
I got sick of the non-working 15% non-member coupons, so I just created a new account and used the 20% off coupon with the GSA link. I think I now have 30 B&N accounts... So I got the Stooges for $10.67 + tax. It finishes off the Shemps, so had to have it, even though I don't like Joe Besser much...
Old 06-02-10, 03:59 PM

Continuing a prior discussion, any "quasi-official" word, such as by a store employee, yet, on, if and when, the next "buy two, get one free" DVD sale will start?
Old 06-02-10, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I was still able to get "Life" BR for under $30 plus tax using the GSA link plus the new account code B8L8W9A . Thanks for all the help in getting these deals.
Old 06-02-10, 04:12 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Life increased in price to $69.99 for me so looks like I waited too long for this one. He who hesitates...
Its currently back to 40% off for either BR or standard DVD.
Old 06-02-10, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by haroldS
Continuing a prior discussion, any "quasi-official" word, such as by a store employee, yet, on, if and when, the next "buy two, get one free" DVD sale will start?
I going out on a limb to say probably next week. I don't trust store employees since I got burned asking one last week about the DVD sale. Hopefully something will show up in the next few days on the web site confirming it.
Old 06-02-10, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Used the GSA coupon a few hours after it was expired. Got this in the email today:

Spoiler:
Dear Valued Customer,

On June 1, 2010, you placed an order on BN.COM using coupon GSA1020. Unfortunately, you placed your order after the expiration date and time listed in the coupon details. This means that the coupon code you used was not valid for the product you purchased and the discount should not have been applied.

The order has been cancelled in accordance with our coupon details.

We realize this may cause some frustration and is an inconvenience for you - we are very sorry. We are committed to providing our customers with the kind of outstanding service they expect and deserve. We hope to see you again soon at BN.COM.

Sincerely,

Barnes & Noble Customer Service
I got a shipping notice a few hours later. Hopefully they send it anyway.
Old 06-02-10, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by izatright
Used the GSA coupon a few hours after it was expired. Got this in the email today:

Spoiler:
Dear Valued Customer,

On June 1, 2010, you placed an order on BN.COM using coupon GSA1020. Unfortunately, you placed your order after the expiration date and time listed in the coupon details. This means that the coupon code you used was not valid for the product you purchased and the discount should not have been applied.

The order has been cancelled in accordance with our coupon details.

We realize this may cause some frustration and is an inconvenience for you - we are very sorry. We are committed to providing our customers with the kind of outstanding service they expect and deserve. We hope to see you again soon at BN.COM.

Sincerely,

Barnes & Noble Customer Service
That is unbelievable. I can't believe they'd be so petty as to do that. I didn't get an email like that. The order I placed yesterday at 12:07pm CST was supposedly shipped today.
Old 06-02-10, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by izatright

Was there a tracking number available? If there was you should be able to determine if a package is on the way.

Looks like B&N handled this one badly. I guess they have every right to cancel orders but they are not doing themselves any favors with customers because they forgot to make a coupon expire on time. It wouldn't have hurt them to let it slide because they screwed up. Sort of ironic B&N is making an issue over a few extra hours of a coupon that was active 4 days earlier than was listed. They didn't seem to mind the orders being placed early with it.
Old 06-03-10, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Classic Films
I was still able to get "Life" BR for under $30 plus tax using the GSA link plus the new account code B8L8W9A . Thanks for all the help in getting these deals.
As Classic Films wrote, the deal is still good to go on the GSA site using account code B8L8W9A (20% off for creating new account). It seems petty that they canceled orders after the prescribed cut off time for the coupon, only to offer another coupon that gives you the same price as the cancelled order. I just paid $32.65 after California tax for the Attenborough Blu Ray.

My first order for Life arrived this morning, and I reordered again a couple of minutes ago to have a copy for birthday/x-mas for friends and family.

My only problem is keeping up with all these new accounts. I can not easily figure out if an order is canceled, back logged or whatever via e-mail account, since I have been wearing out the coupons which require a new account every order. Sheesh, I guess it will all even out in the end. So far everything has arrived as ordered. Would welcome any advice on how to keep track of all these accounts to track shipments or status of order.
Old 06-03-10, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by HOSALE
My only problem is keeping up with all these new accounts.
I've been creating a gmail email address for each movie. Then I have been going into the gmail options and set it to forward the emails for that account to an address I have set up in Outlook, so I don't really have to check any individual emails.
Old 06-03-10, 07:24 AM

You guys know that you can create unlimited gmail accounts that automatically forward to your main account, right? If your main account is [email protected], just use [email protected], [email protected], etc.
Old 06-03-10, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by HOSALE
As Classic Films wrote, the deal is still good to go on the GSA site using account code B8L8W9A (20% off for creating new account).
FYi to all, the NASA site is also 11% off in case you to send B&N a message that the only reason we were using the GSA site is because of the coupon (that they are now being petty about). I'll make future orders from the NASA site...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.