Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-10, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
FYI, i just tried to order through Pay Pal & did NOT get 15% off or free shipping.

I obviously did not complete the order. Any idea what I did wrong?

PP's web site indicates it should be live.
I have a feeling there is a coupon code that will need to be used... I'll be shocked if that isn't the case...
Old 11-10-10, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I've been able to pre-order three Criterions with coupons this sale and haven't had any problems. If you don't get an employee that likes to strictly enforce every word in the fine print they will probably do it.
LASER - how far out on the release dates are you talking? I'd like to get Cronos, but it doesn't come out until December 7th.
Old 11-10-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thankfully there's the 25% Off Coupon for Non-Members as well that goes active tomorrow.
Old 11-10-10, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
LASER - how far out on the release dates are you talking? I'd like to get Cronos, but it doesn't come out until December 7th.
Not too far out. The release dates are on November 16 and 23 for what I wanted. I think I wouldn't have had any problems going beyond the 23 with coupons if I wanted anything else. However I'm not sure if they would have given me 50% off.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-10-10 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-10-10, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LASER - no online versions of the 25% off coupons?
Old 11-10-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
Thankfully there's the 25% Off Coupon for Non-Members as well that goes active tomorrow.
Can you link to it?
Old 11-10-10, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ec461
LASER - no online versions of the 25% off coupons?
Still looking. B&N has posted the information for two online/store coupons for this week. They could be holding back posting them until the last minute to prevent the codes from getting leaked early. I'll see if I can locate them later tonight.

Can you link to it?
There is a 25% printable store coupon posted on the first page that does not require a membership that goes live tomorrow.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-10-10 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-10-10, 11:00 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,184 Likes on 836 Posts

LASERMOVIES,
Any idea why there's three different 25% off coupons for members?

edit: this is obviously YMMV, but my understanding is that a B&N Member could use all four 25% Off coupons (1 for non-members, 3 for members), since they all have unique coupon codes, to purchase any four items in the store. Potentially in one transaction, although that's probably something a clerk/manager would disagree with.

Last edited by Dan; 11-10-10 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-11-10, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SomethingMore
LASERMOVIES,
Any idea why there's three different 25% off coupons for members?

edit: this is obviously YMMV, but my understanding is that a B&N Member could use all four 25% Off coupons (1 for non-members, 3 for members), since they all have unique coupon codes, to purchase any four items in the store. Potentially in one transaction, although that's probably something a clerk/manager would disagree with.
I don't know why there are three different member coupons. I was expecting to find only two, one for all customers, and another for members, but it was a nice surprise running across a few extra. If I can add several 25% online codes to go along with the store coupons the list would be set for the weekend.

If you read the terms of the coupons you should be able to use them at least one time each at a store. Having a membership would permit you to use all four. Of course it is ymmv how a store will actually let you use them, but I wouldn't hesitate trying all four with a membership. Also the 25% coupons should be easier to use compared to the $5 DVD coupons. At least you shouldn't get the excuse of a DVD being under $20, which many B&N store employees frequently use as an out with the $5 coupons.
Old 11-11-10, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The free B&N gift certificate offer is back again this year. Purchase $100 in B&N GCs and they will give you a free $10 egift card. Last year with this offer I was able to combine it with cash back from fatwallet.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/gift-c...ST-_-navgcards

Also if you get B&N email offers check them for a personal 25% online coupon code. I received one on a non-membership account tonight but they are only valid with the email address that received the offer. No one else can use the code.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-11-10 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-11-10, 07:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I haven't been able to use any of the 25% coupons e-mailed to me...now, I've been linking through my AAA for that discount, so that may be why they're not working. I'll print the in-store version and see how that works. --Peter
Old 11-11-10, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The free B&N gift certificate offer is back again this year. Purchase $100 in B&N GCs and they will give you a free $10 egift card. Last year with this offer I was able to combine it with cash back from fatwallet.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/gift-c...ST-_-navgcards
FYI:
The $10.00 eGift Card will be delivered via email to you on December 26, 2010 to the email address associated with your $100.00 BN.com Gift Card / eGift Card purchase on Barnes & Noble.com.
Old 11-11-10, 08:53 AM

Can you link to it?
Here is the online code I received: M8E4R4FV5T3

Does not work on Criterions, but I did get Doctor Who Season 5 for $35.
Old 11-11-10, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by 35MM
Here is the online code I received: M8E4R4FV5T3

Does not work on Criterions, but I did get Doctor Who Season 5 for $35.
These personal coupon codes are worthless unless it is sent to your email address. It is not a general coupon code anyone can use.
Old 11-11-10, 03:30 PM

I've received the email for 25% off, and it says to enter the coupon code online, but the email DOES NOT CONTAIN A COUPON CODE ANYWHERE.

What the heck?
Old 11-11-10, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just pre-ordered America Lost & Found: The BBS Story Blu with the 25% off. I'm a little annoyed that I can't get the member discount of 10% though. I still got a pretty good deal. $75.xx out the door, but I was expecting $67.xx out the door truthfully.
Old 11-11-10, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by jrsl76
Just pre-ordered America Lost & Found: The BBS Story Blu with the 25% off. I'm a little annoyed that I can't get the member discount of 10% though. I still got a pretty good deal. $75.xx out the door, but I was expecting $67.xx out the door truthfully.
How does one use these in-store 25%-off coupons for pre-orders of items that don't come until after coupon expiration dates -- by pre-paying the orders?
Old 11-11-10, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yep, pay at time of order.
Old 11-12-10, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by georgec
I've received the email for 25% off, and it says to enter the coupon code online, but the email DOES NOT CONTAIN A COUPON CODE ANYWHERE.

What the heck?
Is there a button to click that says USE BN.COM COUPON? This should direct you to the website and put the code in your cart automatically. If not, try temporarily allowing all cookies.
Old 11-12-10, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I added a new 25% online coupon to the coupon list on the first page that is valid for all customers through the week end.
Old 11-12-10, 11:50 AM

I added a new 25% online coupon to the coupon list on the first page that is valid for all customers through the week end.

Is it 101111? I've lost track of which ones I've already redeemed ...

Does BN track the in-store coupons on your account, or can they be used multiple times?
Old 11-12-10, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by skidmark
Is it 101111? I've lost track of which ones I've already redeemed ...

Does BN track the in-store coupons on your account, or can they be used multiple times?
No it's an online code to use on the web site. Code A3N4F3Y gives all customers 25% off at B&N.com.

Usually with the store coupons you can use them multiple times unless the store cuts you off. Then I would suggest going to a different store.
Old 11-12-10, 12:09 PM

No it's an online code to use on the web site. Code A3N4F3Y gives all customers 25% off at B&N.com.

Usually with the store coupons you can use them multiple times unless the store cuts you off. Then I would suggest going to a different store.
Any good deals to be had with the 25% off online coupon? Obviously it's useless for Criterions as the site doesn't let a coupon be used with them.
Old 11-12-10, 12:13 PM

As one of the many longtime B&N members who never receives e-mails from them, I can't thank you enough for finding (and posting!) an online 25 percent off code.

I treated myself to the incredible 16-CD Complete Ella Fitzgerald Song Book. The set, which has a list price of $271.99, was already on sale for $176.79. The coupon code helped me save an additional $44.20, so I just had to jump at the chance to buy 254 tracks of vocal genius for just $132.59!
Old 11-12-10, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks Lasermovies! I used one of the member coupons just now to get First Films of Kurosawa for $22 incl tax!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.