Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 11-07-20, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Several people have had the same results today, One of the splash screens ahead of the sale seemed to indicate that would be the case and it was confirmed today.
There was a similar worry in July since some other sale items in June had been blocked, but then Criterion Sale went as it had i the past sp we still weren't 100% sure until today.

The last I understood the discount issue likely stems from the New Corp. owners dislike of Member style plans and it seems they;ve been phasing out various benefits steadily since last Nov.
when a batch of specific 50% off Christmas Sale items weren't allowed further discounts. Post Christmas Clearance sale items, most of the Remaindered books also weren't allowed the extra 10%
Since the stores were basically closed March to mid June there wasn;t a lot of chances to test it.

As I understood a bit more details, it may not be all sale items, but specifically things that are already 40-50+% off may be blocked from any further discounts. I know in a month or so back I
bought a few things 25-35% off and the member discount did apply.
My local B&N stores have run a 50% off sale on certain vinyl records a couple of times in the past year. I was told that the 10% in-store member discount did not apply on items that were discounted as heavily as 50%.
Old 11-11-20, 04:13 AM
Cool New Member

Since BN's regular prices are completely uncompetitive, without the 10% membership discount on items on sale, I fail to see any useful purpose served by having a membership (free shipping can be easily met even without a membership). Or am I missing something?

The one thing I'd need to test is whether the 20% discount on the first purchase of a new membership is allowed on sale items. If yes, then a further test is need to see whether a membership can be considered new if there is an expired old membership.

Life is tough all over!
Old 11-11-20, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 77 Likes on 50 Posts

In the "Thanks, but why" category -- B&N actually sent me coupons today for the first time in 6-7 month, but I'm not sure what they'll work for. I didn't get that email in my Member Address though. Not counting the ISPU discounts, I think there was a generic coupon in July and around Presidents Day and one right after New Years. I think that's it for the year.

10% OFF Entire Purchase, One Time use codes. Excludes the 30/40% Bestseller Books, Criterions and Arrows.

If anyone thinks they might be able to use one I can dig out the codes, but I'm guessing it won't be of much use.

Last edited by hariseldon; 11-11-20 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-14-20, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is a 10% off Whole Transaction Coupon that was in the email a few days ago. 3 people have now said this worked for them on Criterions even though the coupon explicitly says it shouldn't work.
It doesn't work online so this is a store only deal and no way to know if this is active in all stores or just for lucky people.

EXPIRED

Last edited by hariseldon; 11-16-20 at 01:19 AM.
Old 11-15-20, 02:30 PM

Did anyone ever come to a definitive conclusion about whether or not B&N will still allow the 10% member discount to apply to Criterion discs during the 50% sale? Do they still do the one-time 20% discount when you renew your membership? I want to make my big Criterion purchase for this November sale and I want to try to get an accurate estimate of the cost of it all before I go. This also includes deciding whether or not I should even bother with the membership. What does anyone here think, or hopefully, know?
Old 11-15-20, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nobody has gotten the 10% automatically. One or two people had a manager that manually added it.
I' haven't heard of anybody getting the 20% for new membership though I'm sure somebody somewhere convinced a manager to do it -- there's always somebody

The 10% coupon possibility from above -- everybody that had it work had at least one eligible item in the purchase and it seemed to pull the Criterions along for the ride.
Again note the coupon only is working in-store and expires tonight so may be most helpful for West Coasters

Last edited by hariseldon; 11-16-20 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-16-20, 01:46 PM

I used the 10% off entire order instore on War of the Worlds criterion yesterday. Member 10% did not work, but the coupon did. $17.99. Great Disc!
Old 11-24-20, 05:58 PM
Cool New Member

Well, I went to a BN store today and was able to ascertain 2 things definitively from the store manager: (1) 10% membership discount would no longer apply to any item discounted by 50% or higher; (2) same for 20% new membership discount for first purchase. Any item discounted by less than 50% should still go through. Unfortunately, this rules out the criterion sale.

Question to those who have bought directly from Criterion during its occasional 50% flash sales: does Criterion charge state sale taxes? If not, then I'd have to shift my purchases from BN to Criterion from now on.
Old 11-24-20, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by riderontherain View Post
Well, I went to a BN store today and was able to ascertain 2 things definitively from the store manager: (1) 10% membership discount would no longer apply to any item discounted by 50% or higher; (2) same for 20% new membership discount for first purchase. Any item discounted by less than 50% should still go through. Unfortunately, this rules out the criterion sale.

Question to those who have bought directly from Criterion during its occasional 50% flash sales: does Criterion charge state sale taxes? If not, then I'd have to shift my purchases from BN to Criterion from now on.
They used to charge just in NY and KY, but over hte last couple years each sale adds more states. I think in Oct it was up to 30 states. If you find the Oct Criterion Flash Sale thread in the deals section it should list the states or you can check the Criterion.com FAQ under Order Support

The current list
"The Criterion Collection is required to collect sales tax on orders shipping to Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia, Washington and Washington D.C., and Wisconsin. If sales tax applies to your order, we’ll indicate it during the checkout process."
Old 11-25-20, 02:04 AM
Cool New Member

They used to charge just in NY and KY, but over hte last couple years each sale adds more states. I think in Oct it was up to 30 states. If you find the Oct Criterion Flash Sale thread in the deals section it should list the states or you can check the Criterion.com FAQ under Order Support

The current list
"The Criterion Collection is required to collect sales tax on orders shipping to Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia, Washington and Washington D.C., and Wisconsin. If sales tax applies to your order, we’ll indicate it during the checkout process."
Many thanks, hariseldon.
Old 11-30-20, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cyber Monday 15% OFF order -- excludes Criterion and Arrow Sale items

CYBER15Expires: 11/30/20

†NOOK devices, NOOK Books, All LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department, Gift Cards, The Criterion Collection, 50% Off Book Promotions, Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Promotions, and any other offers are excluded.

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed only once per transaction online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from November 30, 2020 at 12:01am to December 1, 2020 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

This coupon entitles you to 15% off qualifying orders when you enter code CYBER15 at checkout. The discount will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, print on demand products, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other select hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, Moleskine Smart Writing Set Paper Tablet and Pen+, Da Vinci Jr 3D Printer, Online Clearance, all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department (visit www.bn.com/couponexclusions), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discounts except when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon may not be applied to bulk orders. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites, or at Barnes & Noble Kitchens. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.
The following users liked this post:
ctyankee (11-30-20)
Old 12-02-20, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A very nice surprise coupon showed up in emails this morning -- not to say any coupon these days isn't a surprise, but 25% even with a rather long list of excluded items could be nice for some Christmas Shopping or on items that rather go on sale. I'll assume this will still work for store generated Ship to Home orders and allow the member discount, but extra combination discounts are rapidly disappearing these days

Just in case someone can use them, here's a group of codes from my emails. If they all used I can probably pull another group. At least this type you can check online before use to make sure it hasn't already been used by someone else (always an embarrassing moment)

25% off Single Item -- one time use in-store or online.
Many exclusions apply and especially things that are officially part of other 30/40/50% Off groups. As usual no preorders or things considered Marketplace

In-Store expires December 6, 2020 at close of business or online December 7, 2020 at 2:59am Eastern Standard Time.

ALL EXPIRED

Last edited by hariseldon; 12-12-20 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-03-20, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks, Hariseldon!

I used 9YMEMC49LG6NF to purchase a wall calendar. It worked with the pickup option at my local store.

Cheers,

ctyankee
Old 12-12-20, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A very nice surprise coupon showed up in emails this morning -- not to say any coupon these days isn't a surprise, but 25% even with a rather long list of excluded items could be nice for some Christmas Shopping or on items that rather go on sale. I'll assume this will still work for store generated Ship to Home orders and allow the member discount, but extra combination discounts are rapidly disappearing these days

Just in case someone can use them, here's a group of codes from my emails. If they all used I can probably pull another group. At least this type you can check online before use to make sure it hasn't already been used by someone else (always an embarrassing moment)

25% off Single Item -- one time use in-store or online.
Many exclusions apply and especially things that are officially part of other 30/40/50% Off groups. As usual no preorders or things considered Marketplace

In-Store expires December 6, 2020 at close of business or online December 7, 2020 at 2:59am Eastern Standard Time.

Template
Spoiler:
Print template -- replace the 13 x sequence at the end with a 13 digit code, copy result to a browser and print or save address to a phone and show
it to the clerk at checkout. Online just enter code in the Coupon/Promo Box and keep fingers crossed

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...:xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Codes
Spoiler:
H71MM6V11BUB8
ANCR8TZ313ZAU
K91D2YR36DXT7
P147GVPVMW92L
CKF1NUVWLUDS8
B6BKWJ1QYR2DS
5JDRT1ZZ4RPB4
2T19BSP41M5EC
4Z8J3FPZBNJ6X
259AEYE4DL2QP

Spoiler:

VQSDZNUG44XUC
VVMM3TCZX2QQA
PWCVNMLWRY7M4
HTY8376Q8UYZ7
H3UP5UP2MJ5BX
4KTZ6Q1JQ6T57
XGR3EE5U5Y6FU
3M6FCS5LMBVZL
FFWXZEBKB5TPS

Spoiler:
LF45AGJ3J3ZX1
V67K15UWXL735
JYVDXECT87GD3
W6N83VXV2CMR1
SDFVSXJ6MMW1U
PGK9NK8NZSZL1
U7TDLXJY9XYK4
WVB2JLQE2DK4C
ZMXS18YC5QKSF
YNRSA4419KKEL

Spoiler:
U5X2KB41MWTC4
L8B7JDFW116L1
97M9G8L9QZAQC
U1G4WM93639MC
UT3VQ5WUTPSLA
9YMEMC49LG6NF -- USED
KR4WMB1LCLUAK
AZCUR6FVUVQX7
A2EV9UBD1YPZP
37781K9JRD3XF
Every one of these codes has either been used or has expired, as that would have been a great savings as well. Oh well.
Old 12-12-20, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rmw650 View Post
Every one of these codes has either been used or has expired, as that would have been a great savings as well. Oh well.
Yep
"In-Store expires December 6, 2020 at close of business or online December 7, 2020 at 2:59am Eastern Standard Time."

Usually I delete the codes after the expiration, but I forgot to purge the post
Old 12-12-20, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Shouldn't the British DVD/Bluray sale have started if they are having it this year. More interested in 40% off all blu rays sale that usually follows but so many of the Warner Archive titles were excluded last year .
Old 12-12-20, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
Shouldn't the British DVD/Bluray sale have started if they are having it this year. More interested in 40% off all blu rays sale that usually follows but so many of the Warner Archive titles were excluded last year .
If they were going to have a 50% sale -- yes. It appears that sale is now 30% which started Dec 1 and ends 12/24

A 40% sale I'd say is on life support right now, but I'd guess outside chance it might show up 12/15 or more likely 12/18 or 12/22 if it's going to happen. The 22nd seems a bit late since that would only allow 3 days
Old 12-14-20, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not sure what it works for, but it's an online Discount Code

Online Coupon GREEN15 Details:

Expires: 12/14/20

†NOOK devices, NOOK Books, All LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department, Gift Cards, The Criterion Collection, 50% Off Book Promotions, Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Promotions, and any other offers are excluded.

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed only once per transaction online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from December 14, 2020 at 12:01am to December 15, 2020 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

This coupon entitles you to 15% off qualifying orders when you enter code GREEN15 at checkout. The discount will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, print on demand products, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other select hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, Moleskine Smart Writing Set Paper Tablet and Pen+, Da Vinci Jr 3D Printer, Online Clearance, all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department (visit www.bn.com/couponexclusions), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discounts except when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon may not be applied to bulk orders. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites, or at Barnes & Noble Kitchens. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.
Old 12-18-20, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hadn't noticed if this started today or earlier in the week, but the Movie Page header "30% off Thousands of Bluray" certainly looks like the Banner they normally used for the 40% sale.

The Warner Archive and Sony/Universal MOD titles I used to clean up on aren't part of the online sale. No idea if it would would on shiptohome orders since even last Dec only some of those items were discounted -- I miss being able to use the in-store computer kiosk to check in-store prices without having to give a list of 50 items to one of the clerks and have them check one at a time.. I'm also not sure if the Membership discount still works on shiptohome orders.

No idea if/how coupons would apply, but that might make it at least interesting.

There was a store 25% coupon that expired last night, but no idea if the sale was active then,.
I don't know if there will be any more coupons over the next week, but most coupons the 7 days prior to Christmas have usually been in-store only

Like last year I do have a special SECRET SANTA COUPON that was given to me by a member.
Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B

It expires 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.
The following users liked this post:
ctyankee (12-18-20)
Old 12-19-20, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes all Barnes and Noble sales are not what they use to be. New owners make changes. Non media sales I miss are the 30%,40% for members all New York Times Best Sellers and the buy a cookie, get a cookie free which is now buy a cookie , get a cookie for 50% off. I believe the Criterion 50% off sale is done in partnership with Criterion so that should continue though without the membership discount or coupons unless you get a clerk to manually apply.

I'll be waiting for the 4 for $44 sales at the WBshop for most of my archive purchases. Have to wait for newest releases to be included in that sale, and they no longer have free shipping and they recently made all sales final with no returns but that seems the best option currently.

Last edited by Classic Films; 12-19-20 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-19-20, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
Y
I'll be waiting for the 4 for $44 sales at the WBshop for most of my archive purchases. Have to wait for newest releases to be included in that sale, and they no longer have free shipping and they recently made all sales final with no returns but that seems the best option currently.
Shipping is a flat rate $2.50 so it's not like it's a deal breaker for a 4/44 and there has been a running $5 discount for several sales now that almost covers shipping and tax on small orders.
There is Free Shipping once you hit $150 (pre discount) -- around 7 items normally

For a couple years the Sony and Universal MOD pressed BD were my main get at the 40% sale since those virtually never go on sale anytime/anywhere. When Target B2G1 for $16-18 is the best deal and then only on the narrow selection of items
they have instock it's been pretty slim -- and it seems Ingram is even cutting back on new items produced through Allied Vaughn since virtually none of the WAC/Sony/Universal beyond Sept/Oct are not listed
Old 12-22-20, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In addition to the 15% code a couple posts upwards, BN has a 25% Store Only Single Item single use coupon good through the end of the day 12/24 -- remember BN closes early on Christmas Eve

Also these codes are one time use and no way to tell which codes might be picked up by someone else so take extras if you are heading to the store. It's unknown whether multiples can be used in teh same transaction, but the last year or so, BN has considered all codes from the same batch as the same code regardless of the actual code so you might have to split purchases to use a different coupon. The 15% should be considered a different Batch so a 15 and 25% can be used in the same transaction on 2 items.

If all the codes are used let me know and i'll pull out another

ALL EXPIRED

Last edited by hariseldon; 12-28-20 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-28-20, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 143 Likes on 125 Posts

Certain vinyl are stickered at 50% off. Pretty decent selection from what I saw. Supposedly the 20% off CD is coming back in the near future.
Old 12-28-20, 08:08 PM
Cool New Member

I'm wondering whether anyone received the $10 bonus GC from the earlier GC deal ($10 per $100 purchase)? I received one but should have received four (I purchased 4 separate $100 GCs earlier). Do they usually send these bonus GCs out in one bunch or string them out over a period of time?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.