Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 07-03-21, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Coupons showed in today';s email. 20% off one item, Unique codes -- won't work on Criterion or Arrow.

If folks need some extras for other items I could pull out a batch and post them. I get the feeling that most of the last few batches I've posted have mainly been unused -- bit hard to tell anymore.
Expires Sunday night in store and looks like Monday morning 2:59am EDT online
Yes, please post a batch of the 20% off coupons. Much appreciated!
Old 07-03-21, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

20% OFF SINGLE ITEMS -- many restrictions esp on items items already discounted,
Good In-store or online. Excludes Arrow and Criterion 50% off Itmes
EXPIRES 7/4/2021 in store or July 5 2:59am ET online

Codes should be one time use so if you go to the store make sure to have spares available. You can check before
you go by putting an eligible item in cart and entering code -- just don't finish checkout -- but it's always possible someone
will use the code b/w checking and getting to the store. If all/most these get used let me know and I can pull more out of my emails.

TEMPLATE
Spoiler:
To create a coupon with barcode -- replace the xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the code, copy/paste in a browser
to print or save jpg on phone. Clerks will sometime type in a code, but if you're doing more than one it's gets old in a hurry
and much easier to just scan a barcode. The code very likely are one per transaction since they all come from the same batch

barnesandnoble.com/promos/bn-promo.jsp?cid=ba18d2:xxxxxxxxxxxxx

CODES
Spoiler:

8JCW1YVJD6ET7
BZGBAQNADYPM4
TXP9MTG4GZNJ1
58AYAZ8D9DECF
9TPAKM3WKP37U
25L2RUU1V4135
7T7FLN6Q4FJRL
TBBRBGSEL1Y9S
5TNAR3RM4STXA
YZS43D6D3X2K5

Spoiler:

8VUV6SJQ49PK8
ZGT53EDV5CRL3
KBPEQPXMF77VS
PDX75ZCGYDAN7
TK8TSXWDB1ZMF
6KFVXNMVG88CF
DSKZXEMPWZA55
BW3LRYYYF3EE3
RKD4PCGAKE673
MQQS5DLP9USUX

Spoiler:

4AC25CBN1KQKU
VY57EL69KLQBS
HQEF13A53N2UE
BBJGUYE8VP5QU
WNRQKZQEWRCKF
MNQPCU8F31BCS
XBDG8DYUS5RYC
M5AMZMY2UAY5S
SG3VYWZX5ZVSK
HSEFTPZG65V5Q

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-03-21 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-04-21, 04:08 PM

I have a question for the people who used the 20% coupon code online this weekend.
If the item is already discounted, I noticed that the discount code doesn't stack on top of the "regular" discounted price.
The price of the item is then reverted to its LIST price and the 20% discount code is applied to this LIST price. Did anybody encountered this problem?
I wanted to buy the Yankee Doodle Dandy Broadway Musical CD which listed at $18.99 but the item was already discounted 19% pricing at $15.47.
When I tried to use the 20% discount code, it successfully applied the code and the "regular" discounted price was removed and replaced with the new price of $15.48.
It has been a while since I bought from Barnes and Noble but I remember the coupon would stack on top of the "regular" discounted price.
Thank you, hariseldon, for the coupon code!
Old 07-04-21, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by goodwin View Post
I have a question for the people who used the 20% coupon code online this weekend.
If the item is already discounted, I noticed that the discount code doesn't stack on top of the "regular" discounted price.
The price of the item is then reverted to its LIST price and the 20% discount code is applied to this LIST price. Did anybody encountered this problem?
I wanted to buy the Yankee Doodle Dandy Broadway Musical CD which listed at $18.99 but the item was already discounted 19% pricing at $15.47.
When I tried to use the 20% discount code, it successfully applied the code and the "regular" discounted price was removed and replaced with the new price of $15.48.
It has been a while since I bought from Barnes and Noble but I remember the coupon would stack on top of the "regular" discounted price.
Thank you, hariseldon, for the coupon code!

I didn't try any of the coupons, but that certainly isn't the way it's worked in the past. Pretty much makes coupons even less useful if that's the behaviour since they're already barred from any of the 40-50% off items.

I just tried it on several items and nothing that was more than 20% off seemed to accept the coupon and those items less than 20% off were reduced to 20% of list price, not the current price. SO a couple items gained less than $0.10 extra

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-04-21 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-04-21, 07:08 PM

Thank you very much, hariseldon, for checking it out. I really appreciate your help and support as always!
I guess the coupons are now only good for items that are discounted less than 20%.
Gone are the good old days when it could be stacked on top of the already discounted items.
How I long for those days when we were able to stack the discount coupons for items that were even 50% off like the Criterion Collection movies.
Old 07-05-21, 04:14 AM

I went to the store yesterday and wanted to buy a book which was already discounted 20% with my 20% coupon. The cashier told me that the coupon wouldn’t work because the book was already on sale. She was gracious enough to try it at my request and she was right that it wouldn’t work. The 10% membership discount worked with the coupon.