Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 07-03-21, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Coupons showed in today';s email. 20% off one item, Unique codes -- won't work on Criterion or Arrow.

If folks need some extras for other items I could pull out a batch and post them. I get the feeling that most of the last few batches I've posted have mainly been unused -- bit hard to tell anymore.
Expires Sunday night in store and looks like Monday morning 2:59am EDT online
Yes, please post a batch of the 20% off coupons. Much appreciated!
Old 07-03-21, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 177 Likes on 122 Posts

20% OFF SINGLE ITEMS -- many restrictions esp on items items already discounted,
Good In-store or online. Excludes Arrow and Criterion 50% off Itmes
EXPIRES 7/4/2021 in store or July 5 2:59am ET online

Codes should be one time use so if you go to the store make sure to have spares available. You can check before
you go by putting an eligible item in cart and entering code -- just don't finish checkout -- but it's always possible someone
will use the code b/w checking and getting to the store. If all/most these get used let me know and I can pull more out of my emails.

TEMPLATE
Spoiler:
To create a coupon with barcode -- replace the xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the code, copy/paste in a browser
to print or save jpg on phone. Clerks will sometime type in a code, but if you're doing more than one it's gets old in a hurry
and much easier to just scan a barcode. The code very likely are one per transaction since they all come from the same batch

barnesandnoble.com/promos/bn-promo.jsp?cid=ba18d2:xxxxxxxxxxxxx

CODES
Spoiler:

8JCW1YVJD6ET7
BZGBAQNADYPM4
TXP9MTG4GZNJ1
58AYAZ8D9DECF
9TPAKM3WKP37U
25L2RUU1V4135
7T7FLN6Q4FJRL
TBBRBGSEL1Y9S
5TNAR3RM4STXA
YZS43D6D3X2K5

Spoiler:

8VUV6SJQ49PK8
ZGT53EDV5CRL3
KBPEQPXMF77VS
PDX75ZCGYDAN7
TK8TSXWDB1ZMF
6KFVXNMVG88CF
DSKZXEMPWZA55
BW3LRYYYF3EE3
RKD4PCGAKE673
MQQS5DLP9USUX

Spoiler:

4AC25CBN1KQKU
VY57EL69KLQBS
HQEF13A53N2UE
BBJGUYE8VP5QU
WNRQKZQEWRCKF
MNQPCU8F31BCS
XBDG8DYUS5RYC
M5AMZMY2UAY5S
SG3VYWZX5ZVSK
HSEFTPZG65V5Q

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-03-21 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-04-21, 04:08 PM

I have a question for the people who used the 20% coupon code online this weekend.
If the item is already discounted, I noticed that the discount code doesn't stack on top of the "regular" discounted price.
The price of the item is then reverted to its LIST price and the 20% discount code is applied to this LIST price. Did anybody encountered this problem?
I wanted to buy the Yankee Doodle Dandy Broadway Musical CD which listed at $18.99 but the item was already discounted 19% pricing at $15.47.
When I tried to use the 20% discount code, it successfully applied the code and the "regular" discounted price was removed and replaced with the new price of $15.48.
It has been a while since I bought from Barnes and Noble but I remember the coupon would stack on top of the "regular" discounted price.
Thank you, hariseldon, for the coupon code!
Old 07-04-21, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by goodwin
I have a question for the people who used the 20% coupon code online this weekend.
If the item is already discounted, I noticed that the discount code doesn't stack on top of the "regular" discounted price.
The price of the item is then reverted to its LIST price and the 20% discount code is applied to this LIST price. Did anybody encountered this problem?
I wanted to buy the Yankee Doodle Dandy Broadway Musical CD which listed at $18.99 but the item was already discounted 19% pricing at $15.47.
When I tried to use the 20% discount code, it successfully applied the code and the "regular" discounted price was removed and replaced with the new price of $15.48.
It has been a while since I bought from Barnes and Noble but I remember the coupon would stack on top of the "regular" discounted price.
Thank you, hariseldon, for the coupon code!

I didn't try any of the coupons, but that certainly isn't the way it's worked in the past. Pretty much makes coupons even less useful if that's the behaviour since they're already barred from any of the 40-50% off items.

I just tried it on several items and nothing that was more than 20% off seemed to accept the coupon and those items less than 20% off were reduced to 20% of list price, not the current price. SO a couple items gained less than $0.10 extra

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-04-21 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-04-21, 07:08 PM

Thank you very much, hariseldon, for checking it out. I really appreciate your help and support as always!
I guess the coupons are now only good for items that are discounted less than 20%.
Gone are the good old days when it could be stacked on top of the already discounted items.
How I long for those days when we were able to stack the discount coupons for items that were even 50% off like the Criterion Collection movies.
Old 07-05-21, 04:14 AM

I went to the store yesterday and wanted to buy a book which was already discounted 20% with my 20% coupon. The cashier told me that the coupon wouldn’t work because the book was already on sale. She was gracious enough to try it at my request and she was right that it wouldn’t work. The 10% membership discount worked with the coupon.
Old 10-28-21, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn -- nothing for 4 months though not especially surprising. First time in my time here this thread ever fell on the first page. Sadness emanates

CRITERION 50% SALE starts 10/29/2021 and lasts through 11/30/2021 at least on BD and DVDs. UHD are at best a maybe and looks like at least will be blocked for this sale (only 4 titles anyway)

ARROW 50% sale started a few days ago and probably lasts through the end of Nov too

No coupons that I'm aware of not that's they'd work for those items anyway.
Member discounts have worked the last 2 Criterion or Arrow sales, so not expecting that to change unless you have one of the few managers who has continued to allow it manually.

No B&N HOLIDAY Gift Card Sales announced yet, but usually around Nov 1 something has shown up and the better BF Gift Card deal. The exact % and terms are always a little different.

For those who have used HAPPY TEEN (essentially a prepaid Debit Card good only at a few specified stores and mostly in-store only) -- Amazon has a $7.50 Refund/Cashback on a $50 Physical Card purchase
AMEX card holders check your offers -- many have a $15 rebate on $100 Purchase direct from HappyCards.com (Blawkhawk) which expires 10/31. You do have to wait fro the card to be mailed to you which generally has
taken 10-14 days. Since these aren't specifically GC, many people roll these into the B&N Holiday Card deal and amplify their savings
I haven't seen any lately, but Publix, Kroger, Giant eagle often have deals for discounts or Rewards for buying Happy Cards -- 5-10% most commonly
Old 08-19-22, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any new coupon codes to speak of from BN at this time, since the last post as I could surely use one right about now.
Old 08-19-22, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not aware of any at all right now. there have been several over the last year, but pretty much excluded anything more than 20-25% off. Most of them I've seen don't even stack with a
current discount -- if an item is 15% off and there's a 20% coupon, the coupon often applies to the full price and not even the 15% off price. The Member discount is being excluded from an
increasing number of items -- not just the 40 and 50% off deals.

once or twice a month there is a $5 or 10 off In-store pickup only code, but I'm not seeing that now.

The best deals have been using the AMEX Blackhawk/Happy Teen Gift Cards and combining them with the $10 GC Bonus reward like they had around Mothers and Fathers Day. Usually 2-3 times a year
AMEX will have this kind of deal -- last one ended mid May so Oct or Nov is a good time to check if you have those CC. Or even buying simple 10% off GC from the various Reseller sites.
Labor Day hasn't normally been a big thing for them, but always worth watching for some discount.
Old 08-20-22, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hoping for Labor Day, which is coming up soon, they'l have at least a 15% off code available as the last one they had was LABORDAY15, so we shall see as every little bit helps. Please keep me posted in case you spot any available codes. Thank you.
Old 09-01-22, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So any chance that LABORDAY15 code will be available this weekend as it is just damn near impossible to reach out to them via chat and phone to get any kind of an update regarding coupon codes and always looking at this page to see the very latest on such codes popping up, now that Labor Day weekend is slowly approaching.
Old 09-12-22, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BLACKHAWK/Happycards.com via AMEX Offers is back -- a little earlier than usual with a longer usable date. I have the offer on both Cards registered. These are Physical cards that will be mailed to you (untracked) nad usually mine arrive in 7-14 days though it has taken up to 24 day. The $15 Credit usually shows up within 3-5 days of shipment though usually within a few days of the Charge posting. expiration date on the cards was 2027 this summer and unlike some HappyCards, these redeemed online without an issue. These actually function more like Preloaded CC than GC since they can be used to be BN Gift Cards without and issue and allows stacking other BN GC offers like the $10 for buying $100 (or 75 or 50) like they offer intermittently esp in NOV and DEC

Not all AMEX have these offers so check your online account.

SPEND $100 of Happy Gift Cards online and get $15 back -- expires 12/31/2022

OFFER TERMS
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid online only at US website HappyCards.com. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. See merchant website for shipping policy. Some merchants may not ship to all areas. Excludes authorized retailers, gift cards purchased in bulk, and other Blackhawk Network brands.......
Old 10-28-22, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BARNES & NOBLE 50% OFF MSRP Criterion Sale

Appears set Nov 4 through Nov 28, 2022

I haven't seen the usual Gift Card promotion for November yet
The AMEX deal mentioned above appears different than in the past. The redemptions now appear to be for Happy e-GC which can then be exchanged for specific Retailer GC and not the physical preloaded CC like in the past.
This unfortunately should eliminate the chance to stack the Blackhawk Discount with the BN discount.
15% off still seems pretty good.

The other GC reseller site have BN cards mostly 5-10% off though some are up to 12+%
Old 10-28-22, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,370 Likes on 1,010 Posts

I'll probably just be getting that Wall*E release. It's really grown on me over the years.
Old 10-28-22, 05:12 PM
Political Exile

Received 474 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
I'll probably just be getting that Wall*E release. It's really grown on me over the years.
Walmart at $24 might be a better deal
Old 10-28-22, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

B&N at under $21 for the 4K is a better deal still. I'm seeing 14-17% discounted GC online after checking today. That's the best I've seen in a couple years
Old 11-03-22, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1st Holiday GC promotion -- unfortunately I can't find any of the usual way to stack discounts with the Happy Teen Cards.
The timing does seem to imply there will likely be a different -- possibly better deal for BF week though I doubt much better than 15% based on the last couple years.

Barnes & Noble.com November 2022 Gift Card Promo
Terms & Conditions:

These promotions are valid from the dates set forth below.

BN.com: Get a Free $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card with purchase of $100.00 or more worth of Barnes & Noble Gift Cards or Barnes & Noble eGift Cards at Barnes & Noble.com in a single transaction only at BN.com. This offer is valid only on purchases of Barnes & Noble Gift Cards or eGift Cards totaling $100.00 in a single transaction only at Barnes & Noble.com. The value of your qualifying Barnes & Noble Gift Card or Barnes & Noble eGift Card purchase must total at least $100.00 to qualify for the $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card. Sales tax, gift wrap, processing charges, shipping and handling charges, or any additional charges will not count towards the qualifying purchase amount of $100.00. This offer can be redeemed only once per customer. Your purchase must be made between November 1, 2022 and November 21, 2022 at 2:59 AM Eastern Time to qualify for this offer. The $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card will be delivered via email to you on December 12, 2022, to the email address associated with your $100.00 BN.com Gift Card / eGift Card purchase on Barnes & Noble.com. The $10 Barnes & Noble eGift Card has no expiration.

Additional Rules Governing this Promotion: This promotion is (i) not redeemable for cash; (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) may not be combined with any other promotion; and (iv) not valid at any Barnes & Noble retail bookstore or Barnes & Noble College bookstore or website.

Barnes & Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Returns or cancellations of qualifying Barnes & Noble Gift Cards or eGift Cards may result in forfeiture of the $10.00 eGift Card. Void where prohibited by law.

Barnes & Noble Retail Stores: Get a $10.00 Barnes & Noble Gift Card with purchase of $100.00 or more worth of Barnes & Noble Gift Cards in a single transaction. This offer is valid only on purchases of Barnes & Noble Gift Cards totaling $100.00 or more in a single transaction only at Barnes & Noble stores. The value of your Gift Card purchase must total at least $100.00 to qualify for the $10.00 Barnes & Noble Gift Card. Sales tax, gift wrap, processing charges, or any additional charges will not count towards the qualifying $100.00 Gift Card purchase amount. This promotion starts on November 1, 2022 and expires November 20, 2022 at close of business. Limit $100 of free Gift Cards per customer per day. You will receive the $10.00 Barnes & Noble Gift Card after making your purchase.

Old 04-29-23, 01:00 PM

I got an email telling me that the membership fee is now $40. I was paying $25 a year in order to get the 10% discount on Criterion movies but it did not work in the last couple of Criterion 50% sales. I also noticed that the 10% discount did not stack on top of the hardcover bestsellers that were 30% off. The 10% discount was also invalid for anything that had been already discounted 20%. Does anybody know if this new premium membership 10% discount would be valid for items that are already discounted 20%? Thank you very much.
Old 04-29-23, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by goodwin
I got an email telling me that the membership fee is now $40. I was paying $25 a year in order to get the 10% discount on Criterion movies but it did not work in the last couple of Criterion 50% sales. I also noticed that the 10% discount did not stack on top of the hardcover bestsellers that were 30% off. The 10% discount was also invalid for anything that had been already discounted 20%. Does anybody know if this new premium membership 10% discount would be valid for items that are already discounted 20%? Thank you very much.
We've been looking for answers, but so far no details have yet come out. I think it may be one of those things someone tries at the register (hopefully they're still offering that 20% First Time Discount) with the understanding that if it doesn't work it cancels immediately
Old 04-29-23, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 543 Likes on 396 Posts

They recently had a 25% off all manga pre-orders code and the 10% membership discount stacked with it which it didn't work that way with the old membership.
Old 04-29-23, 09:12 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I recently got my standard membership upgraded for free online for 10 months to the premium membership. I just have to remember to cancel before it automatically renews next year.
There was a link somewhere on the site probalbly on the welcome page of bn.com to do it.
Old 05-11-23, 02:02 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I just noticed that bestbuy.com has a 100$ barnes giftcard by digital delivery for $90. Could help with the British 50% off sale right now.
I wonder if they might put a ten percent coupon out for Mother's Day weekend?
Old 07-03-23, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 780 Likes on 654 Posts

So is there any way to get a discount on the Criterion sale beyond the normal 50% off anymore?
Old 07-03-23, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
So is there any way to get a discount on the Criterion sale beyond the normal 50% off anymore?
In general --
Criterion.com has the 10% rewards though requires some time to get the Reward Cert unless you are a power buyer (actually 9% but close enough)
Rarely some of the older items might be less than 50% during the Target B2G1 sales IF they have them is stock at all

BN Rewards now give roughly 5-15% back depending on whether there is a special deal like now for Double or Triple Stamps

Buy BN Gift Cards from the discount resellers
Buy a ton of GC when BN has a special deal like Nov/Dec/Black Friday

I'm not sure how the Rewards system works with Gift Card purchases (do you get Stamps for the GC purchase or when you redeem the GC or not at all?) or PrePaid Debit Card like the Happy Cards.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.