Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 02-12-21, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

^ 479MLX2NAA4R4 used. Thank you!
Old 02-12-21, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,390 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Would you all recommend the Barnes & Noble membership even if not getting Criterions? Just other things from the store from time to time? Books, games, etc? Do they send good coupons more often?
Old 02-12-21, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Would you all recommend the Barnes & Noble membership even if not getting Criterions? Just other things from the store from time to time? Books, games, etc? Do they send good coupons more often?
Since the discount didn't even apply to instore Criterions last sale I'd have a hard to starting a new membership. The 20% off One Time use for New Membership could have been quite useful to someone who wanted to buy $200-500 Criterion on the spot, but
it wasn't allowed. With several big boxsets released last Summer/Fall that wouldn't even have been hard to do.

Member only or even Member Better coupons have become almost unknown and exclusions are basically everything useful. They've blocked the 10% off on anything 40%+ sale and even many 30% off items don't qualify.

Unless you are a truly big Book reader or possibly an Vinyl Buyer will no access to other local stores, I have a hard time making a membership worth it. I've turned off my autorenewal and am quite doubtful I'll renew in May.
I've been a member since probably 2006 or 2008 and I might buy enough of their Member 40% off BN BestSeller to eke out a savings.

The Christmas 40% off Bluray became 30%, the British TV 50-60% off became 30-40% off, Arrows can be found 50% off at several different sales in teh US and anything US/UK dual release is significantly cheaper during ArrowUK sale.
They didn't do the 40% Fathers Day sale last year and no Cohen Sale in the fall.

Even the last real 40% off all Bluray sales where I used to buy tons of titles that rarely go on-sale (Sony and Universal MOD, Cohen, etc) disallowed over half my wishlist so it became a frustrating hunt/peck having to check each title individually.
Even that was fine when they had a customer kiosk, but the got rid of those and now I had to stand at the Customer Service line deciding whether to spend 20-30 minutes
tying up a clerk with 5-10 people now in line or do 5-6 at a time and go to the back of the line until I had enough title to make a shiptohome order worth doing
Old 02-12-21, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,390 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Yeesh, sounds like they’re cutting to the quick. I’ll just be content with the occasional email coupon.

thanks for the reply
Old 02-20-21, 04:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really dont look for criterion media much but saw just checking any i had one cause had words on the wrap any. i dont go to barnes and noble for media but gues they need more detail or specific of what u can use it on anytime. or even have a sign in front to say anytime. so guess there are limits. i guess places are trying to bank more then they are trying to get rid of stock any. i mean places should be happy we still collecting media any cause at some point stream may get like blu ray was and be the new format some or many are going to now. cause have seen media pile up at places cause traffic just dont buy as much as before.
Old 02-21-21, 12:33 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Yeesh, sounds like they’re cutting to the quick. I’ll just be content with the occasional email coupon.

thanks for the reply
I am able to pay for my membership by eating semi regularly in the cafe. I love their soup and pizza and coffee drinks, Any savings on products is a plus. So if you like the cafe it could be good and they send occasional coupons for it as well.
Old 03-20-21, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I was in my local Barnes and Noble and they had removed all the Criterion blu rays and DVDs. There were other DVDs and blu rays where the Criterions were so its not like they further shrunk the media section. Just no Criterions. I didn't go around and check other stores . I didn't ask anyone at the store what happened to the Criterions. Has anyone else noticed this at their stores?

Plenty of Criterions are on the website.
Old 03-21-21, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

The media section at most Barnes & Noble locations these days is constantly in flux.
Old 03-24-21, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Got a coffee in store today. Asked about Criterion. They were all moved behind the cash register. So good news B&N are still selling them in store. Bad news if you like to browse. I guess my store had lots of shoplifting. Can’t think of another reason to move them.
Old 03-25-21, 08:29 AM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Hopefully they don't do that at my nearest store since there is never anyone stationed in the media section anymore.
Old 03-25-21, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Got a coffee in store today. Asked about Criterion. They were all moved behind the cash register. So good news B&N are still selling them in store. Bad news if you like to browse. I guess my store had lots of shoplifting. Can’t think of another reason to move them.
My store has a register in the media section. Is this the register you are speaking of, or did they move the criterions behind the front registers that are always manned?

Originally Posted by flansered
Hopefully they don't do that at my nearest store since there is never anyone stationed in the media section anymore.
If they moved them behind the register in the media section, that wouldn't really change anything, as there is never anyone staffing that register in my store. We can browse behind that register just as easily as we can in the regular section.
Old 04-28-21, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question. Did anybody buy anything at the current sale on British TV shows? The DVDs are either 30% or 40% off. I think the new releases are 30% off and the older releases are 40% off. I bought Father Brown Season 1 at 40% off and Murdoch Mysteries Season 13 at 30% off. I didn’t get any 10% membership discount with either of the shows. The cashier said that the 10% discount was not valid with the sale items. I wonder if anybody had the same problem.
Old 04-28-21, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chopin100
I have a question. Did anybody buy anything at the current sale on British TV shows? The DVDs are either 30% or 40% off. I think the new releases are 30% off and the older releases are 40% off. I bought Father Brown Season 1 at 40% off and Murdoch Mysteries Season 13 at 30% off. I didn’t get any 10% membership discount with either of the shows. The cashier said that the 10% discount was not valid with the sale items. I wonder if anybody had the same problem.
I haven;t bought anything from them since before Christmas, but i though their new policy was no Member Discount with anything above a certain % discount. I thought it was 40%, but it could easily be 30%. I'm pretty sure the 30% off BRitish December Sale didn't allow
the 10% -- so they moved the sale from 40 from 50 or even 60% off, stopped the member discount, and blocked coupons which moved my purchases in that sale to none.
I know about a year or more ago, they started blocking all items that were grouped under certain sales.
Old 04-28-21, 02:27 PM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I haven't bought any dvds or blu-rays from them in a long time. During the last Criterion 50% off sale I just ended up ordering what I wanted from Amazon since they had price matched B&N and I didn't have to leave my house. The extra $2 off that I would of gotten previously due to the member discount would of got me to go to the store. The last things I've bought from them were a couple of records, the Prince 1999 boxset during a music sale, and issues of the magazine Empire.
Old 05-05-21, 08:46 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by flansered
I haven't bought any dvds or blu-rays from them in a long time. During the last Criterion 50% off sale I just ended up ordering what I wanted from Amazon since they had price matched B&N and I didn't have to leave my house. The extra $2 off that I would of gotten previously due to the member discount would of got me to go to the store. The last things I've bought from them were a couple of records, the Prince 1999 boxset during a music sale, and issues of the magazine Empire.
I didn't know Amazon would price-match BN's criterion sale. If true, the criterion sale would no longer be a BN thing. Without the membership discount, why would anyone even care about the criterion sale at BN?

Does Amazon price match other BN sales?
Old 05-05-21, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Because Amazon doesn't have stores to pick items directly from a shelf and take home, I can't remember is Amazon matches the Nov Arrow sale. The 40% off sales sometimes Amazon will do it's half-assed matches.
I really don't know why folks freak out over BestBuy, WM and Target media shelves being empty even when you can order off the website, but the biggest and most unique National Store Disc availability gets completely blown off as meaningless

Without B&N Amazon would still be charging $28 per title. What do you think Amazon is going to do if B&N Criterion sale goes away (or BN does)?
Trying to get everything I want in 48 hrs direct from Criterion is certainly possible, but a lot harder.

Amazon doesn't have 15-20% discounted GC (or more) like B&N has had around Nov/BF and sometimes I can stack other discounts with that B&N GC discount.
Right now, my AMEX cards have a $15 off $100 HappyCards active again -- with $200 Happy Cards for $170 and the BF GC deals, I've often been able to essentially get 30-40% off GC

Lastly -- just because they're not Amazon which makes it a big advantage esp when the prices are the same.
The following users liked this post:
Doc Moonlight (05-07-21)
Old 05-28-21, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not sure it will help many due to increasing tough restriction of eligible items, but just in case:

20% OFF SINGLE ITEMS -- many restrictions esp on items items already discounted,
Good In-store or online.
EXPIRES 5/31/2021 in store or June 1 2:59am ET online

Codes should be one time use so if you go to the store make sure to have spares available. You can check before
you go by putting an eligible item in cart and entering code -- just don't finish checkout -- but it's always possible someone will use the code b/w checking and getting to the store. If all/most these get used let me know and I can pull more out of my emails.

EXPIRED

Last edited by hariseldon; 06-06-21 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-14-21, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FATHERS DAY Week 40% off Blurays appears to be live online.

I haven't read any reports about instore, shiptohome extras, whether Membership discounts work on some variations, and I'm not aware of any coupons.
Old 06-16-21, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
FATHERS DAY Week 40% off Blurays appears to be live online.

I haven't read any reports about instore, shiptohome extras, whether Membership discounts work on some variations, and I'm not aware of any coupons.
I haven't seen anything on the website about 40% off blurays. I Put a disc into cart, no 40% off. Is it only for certain discs, everything etc. does Membership work as well?
Old 06-16-21, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Select items online, we haven't heard if it's all items in-store or more importantly if the instore SHIPTOHOME items all/mostly qualify

Nobody has mentioned f the member discount is working on instore items, Shipto Home items or even some STH items like it has in the past

There is a filter on the site listing items
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/40-...-rays/_/N-2vmb

There is also a $10off a $100 Gift Card deal online -- not sure if that works in store
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/gift-cards/_/N-8rg

If it works in-store and you have some of the 15% discounted HAPPY CARDS from AMEX promotions, that's a nice amplification ending up with $110 worth of cards for around $85

Last edited by hariseldon; 06-16-21 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-19-21, 10:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A B&N associate today informed me the Criterion sale would begin on July 2.
The following users liked this post:
mhurne (06-29-21)
Old 06-21-21, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Check your emails - I got a 10% coupon good for only today and tomorrow. Barnes' way of competing with Amazon Prime, though it doesn't look like Prime is doing anything special for books this time.
Old 07-01-21, 07:15 AM

Are there any coupons for the fourth of July weekend?
Old 07-01-21, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Haven't seen anything. Nothing in this mornings email indicating a coupon.
Old 07-02-21, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Coupons showed in today';s email. 20% off one item, Unique codes -- won't work on Criterion or Arrow.

If folks need some extras for other items I could pull out a batch and post them. I get the feeling that most of the last few batches I've posted have mainly been unused -- bit hard to tell anymore.
Expires Sunday night in store and looks like Monday morning 2:59am EDT online

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.