Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-13, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

If anyone has a 15% or 20% coupon to spare for a non-BN member who doesn't receive BN emails, please send me a PM. I'll looking to pick up an OOP blu ray that I just discovered at one of my local stores. Thanks!
Old 01-16-13, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Thanks for the info, I was thinking about driving (out of the way) to a BN, hopefully with a coupon, but if the in-store price will be MSRP, it definitely won't be worth it.
Old 01-17-13, 09:10 AM

If anyone has a 15% or 20% coupon they're not going to use please PM me.

Thanks again LASER for providing us with information.
Old 01-17-13, 09:22 AM

Looks like you can't combine the coupons with the B2G1 this time around online.
Old 01-17-13, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Louisville S
If anyone has a 15% or 20% coupon they're not going to use please PM me.

Thanks again LASER for providing us with information.
PM sent.

I have some extra 15% coupons I'm not going to use. If anyone needs one let me know.
Old 01-17-13, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by pathman
Looks like you can't combine the coupons with the B2G1 this time around online.
I hope I can combine the unique coupons in-store. I reserved three movies at my nearest Barnes & Noble: Manhattan, Hannah and Her Sisters, and Sleeper. Best Buy barely carries any new catalog titles anymore so their $5 "Upgrade & Save" program doesn't help me much if the item isn't in-store.

They're all $24.99.

However, I have a 20% off coupon, 15% off coupon, membership, and they're doing a "Buy 2, Get 1" free promotion.

$24.99 * 0.90 * 0.80 = $17.99.
$24.99 * 0.90 * 0.85 = $19.11.
$24.99 * 0.90 * 0.00 = $00.00.

$37.10 total, add MA 6.25% sales tax, $39.41 or about $13.14 per title.

Still would like to get these all for $30, but this is not that bad.
Old 01-17-13, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
PM sent.

I have some extra 15% coupons I'm not going to use. If anyone needs one let me know.
I'll take one if possible.As always THANK YOU very much Laser.....
Old 01-17-13, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jimmy86
I'll take one if possible.As always THANK YOU very much Laser.....
Check your PMs.

Still have several more 15% coupons I'm not going to use.
Old 01-17-13, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As usual, no 20% off coupon for my member account.
Old 01-17-13, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I also have a bunch of 15% coupons to give away since I'm not a BN member at this time. PM me for link to either in store or online coupon. Only established members please.
Old 01-18-13, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone come across any deals on bn.com? I want to use up my remaining promo credit gc's (about $15) before my membership expires in 3 days.
Old 01-19-13, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by rmw650
Like E v i l said, B&N won't price match their website price and their in-store price is usually the MSRP version and not the online price, so there's a heads-up for you.
If you get the right salesperson, though, you CAN order online instore... i.e. have the assistant place the order through their website for you while you stand there, and then take the printout to the cash registers to pay - with card and coupon.

However, there are caveats: first, that not every salesperson knows how to do this, or thinks it might be a scam of some kind and won't allow it. Second, that if the item you try and order with the online price is in stock, they may be unable/unwilling to charge the online price. Third, the perennial problem/reality that sometimes they don't want to allow you to use the members card or coupon on such an order even if they'll allow it.

I've been successful a couple of times in placing orders - including one pre-order, which I probably shouldn't have been allowed to do - using the online price (albeit always for items not carried in the particular store I was in) and an instore-only coupon and the members card. But it tends to take some patient asking (and explaining precisely what I was asking!) for it to happen.
Old 01-19-13, 08:46 AM

This new girl was at the Barnes & Noble I frequent. She wouldn't even take a coupon with the promotion. I had to ask her to scan it. Then she would only do one. I felt like walking out, but I thought about it for a minute. I had already driven there and I would only be saving a little over $3 more had she got the other coupon to work.

$43 out the door for the three Woody Allen movies.

I never had any problems using two or more coupons during a promotion if I was buying more than one item. If this is a strict new policy this may be my last year for my membership.

Not an amazing deal, but not bad nonetheless.

LASER you can send someone else the 15% coupon you sent me because the cashier wouldn't let me use it on top of the 20% I had already used.Figure I'd let you know so it doesn't go unused.
Old 01-19-13, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ntnon
If you get the right salesperson, though, you CAN order online instore... i.e. have the assistant place the order through their website for you while you stand there, and then take the printout to the cash registers to pay - with card and coupon.

However, there are caveats: first, that not every salesperson knows how to do this, or thinks it might be a scam of some kind and won't allow it. Second, that if the item you try and order with the online price is in stock, they may be unable/unwilling to charge the online price. Third, the perennial problem/reality that sometimes they don't want to allow you to use the members card or coupon on such an order even if they'll allow it.

I've been successful a couple of times in placing orders - including one pre-order, which I probably shouldn't have been allowed to do - using the online price (albeit always for items not carried in the particular store I was in) and an instore-only coupon and the members card. But it tends to take some patient asking (and explaining precisely what I was asking!) for it to happen.
Agree with all of the above. The Westport CT staff seems well trained on the procedure along with fully being aware that the lower on-line prices is a irritant to in-store customers. Several of us here also took advantage of a large discount coupon on top of low pre-order on-line price for the Star War Blu Box Set a while back, delivered to our door.

This new girl was at the Barnes & Noble I frequent. She wouldn't even take a coupon with the promotion. I had to ask her to scan it. Then she would only do one. I felt like walking out, but I thought about it for a minute. I had already driven there and I would only be saving a little over $3 more had she got the other coupon to work.

$43 out the door for the three Woody Allen movies.

I never had any problems using two or more coupons during a promotion if I was buying more than one item. If this is a strict new policy this may be my last year for my membership.

Not an amazing deal, but not bad nonetheless.
My B&N stopped allowing a coupon on top of a coupon a long while back and I'm fine with it, because it's completely reasonable. If that's what they need to do to keep your business, they won't be missing your business.
Old 01-19-13, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

LASER you can send someone else the 15% coupon you sent me because the cashier wouldn't let me use it on top of the 20% I had already used.Figure I'd let you know so it doesn't go unused.
Thanks for letting me know you're not going to use it. Since these are unique codes and coupons are more scarce I hate to let them go to waste. I'm just going to put the remaining codes up for grabs on the forum.

These are all 15% off one item.

MUY1ES9MAF4EC
HWDREQEQQFW2M
112EWTFR3A3R3
HC6DNDT4KRVST
PVWMVRG2LYG47
Old 01-19-13, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Thanks for letting me know you're not going to use it. Since these are unique codes and coupons are more scarce I hate to let them go to waste. I'm just going to put the remaining codes up for grabs on the forum.

These are all 15% off one item.

MUY1ES9MAF4EC
HWDREQEQQFW2M
112EWTFR3A3R3
HC6DNDT4KRVST
PVWMVRG2LYG47
I used the first one. Thanks!
Old 01-19-13, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ctyankee
My B&N stopped allowing a coupon on top of a coupon a long while back and I'm fine with it, because it's completely reasonable. If that's what they need to do to keep your business, they won't be missing your business.
My interpretation is that he was only allowed to use one coupon although he was buying three items, so he was denied an additional discount because the clerk was unwilling to do what 95% of their CSRs will do: use DIFFERENT coupon codes on a multiple item purchase. If they have any doubts, they're supposed to ask for a dept. manager, and I've never had them deny a valid coupon, as long as they have different UPCs. They're supposed to allow 1 unique coupon per item in a purchase.
Old 01-19-13, 11:42 PM

With the free shipping for B&N Members was wondering what carrier they
have been using for the three day express: ups, fed-ex, or usps priority?

Also if anyone knows how the packaging has been as of late for dvd's?

I'm thinking of a single dvd purchase for the coupon. Thanks in advance for
any info. Very much appreciated.
Old 01-20-13, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
My interpretation is that he was only allowed to use one coupon although he was buying three items, so he was denied an additional discount because the clerk was unwilling to do what 95% of their CSRs will do: use DIFFERENT coupon codes on a multiple item purchase. If they have any doubts, they're supposed to ask for a dept. manager, and I've never had them deny a valid coupon, as long as they have different UPCs. They're supposed to allow 1 unique coupon per item in a purchase.
I believe this was in conjunction with the b2gif sale. A lot of stores in my area will only allow one coupon with the b2g1f sale.

Originally Posted by Kevy
With the free shipping for B&N Members was wondering what carrier they
have been using for the three day express: ups, fed-ex, or usps priority?

Also if anyone knows how the packaging has been as of late for dvd's?

I'm thinking of a single dvd purchase for the coupon. Thanks in advance for
any info. Very much appreciated.
I just had a free trial membership run out at the end of December and they shipped by priority mail. However this was to a PO box. Before when I had a paid membership that shipped to my home they frequently used UPS. Most orders were shipped in thin envelopes. Fortunately I had nothing damaged.
Old 01-20-13, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

BSTNFAN was kind enough to give me a 20% off Member coupon code. But I decided to use up my remaining GC's on a B2G1F order, which of course didn't accept coupons. I would like to re-give BSTNFAN's coupon away here, to someone who will definitely use it today. They must be a B&N member to use this coupon. Sorry, I only have the online code, not the store coupon. First person to post here that they want it, who has at least 50 posts and has been on DVDtalk for at least 6 months.
Old 01-20-13, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm also giving away some 15% off coupons below. Please post if you use them.
JTVDBTWKZ7JWC
AU1K3B2QKKBUX
XLX3J8G4NQS3K
5M6W885WM4ZQA
3WJ6B2TUC78DK
Old 01-20-13, 01:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I'm also giving away some 15% off coupons below. Please post if you use them.
JTVDBTWKZ7JWC
AU1K3B2QKKBUX
XLX3J8G4NQS3K
5M6W885WM4ZQA
3WJ6B2TUC78DK
5M6W885WM4ZQA has been used by me. Thank you.
Old 01-20-13, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
BSTNFAN was kind enough to give me a 20% off Member coupon code. But I decided to use up my remaining GC's on a B2G1F order, which of course didn't accept coupons. I would like to re-give BSTNFAN's coupon away here, to someone who will definitely use it today. They must be a B&N member to use this coupon. Sorry, I only have the online code, not the store coupon. First person to post here that they want it, who has at least 50 posts and has been on DVDtalk for at least 6 months.
I'll take the 20% off if it's still available. Thanks!
Old 01-20-13, 05:39 PM

On the coupons is it one use only at either the store or online?
Or can it be used at least once at both?

I only ask because I usually use mine at the store. But if it can be
used once online in addition I would then like to share and help another
forum member out.

Also is there an official rule on using a coupon on the B2G1 in-store
on one of the titles? Thanks in advance for any info/insight.
Old 01-20-13, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pathman
I'll take the 20% off if it's still available. Thanks!
PM sent.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.