Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-12, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by pathman
I have three 25% coupons I won't be using. Just PM me.
All gone!
Old 12-24-12, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by pathman
All gone!
Drats! Anyone else have one that won't be used? If so I could sure use one, thanks.
Old 12-24-12, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So many "New Members" when the coupons start flowing. Gee, how warm and fuzzy for Christmas.
Old 12-24-12, 01:17 PM
Cool New Member

If anyone still has some last minute shopping to do, I have one 30% member in store coupon and one 25% non-member in store coupon available. PM me if interested.
Old 12-24-12, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Also not a fan of people who join DVD TALK just to get a coupon. Regular members of the community, who actually participate here, should take preference.
So many "New Members" when the coupons start flowing. Gee, how warm and fuzzy for Christmas.
So what are you trying to say?

I think DVDTalk should have a "coupon policeman" to make sure only those who truly deserve a majestic and powerful coupon should get one.

I nominate YOU, ProfessorEcho!
Old 12-24-12, 02:52 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by brendagg
... I have one 30% member in store coupon and one 25% non-member in store coupon available. PM me if interested.
Both coupons have been taken.
Old 12-24-12, 05:19 PM

I have 4 25% off store coupons available. I couldn't get to the store today, but maybe somebody else can. PM me.
Old 12-24-12, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by bellevuecoug
So what are you trying to say?

I think DVDTalk should have a "coupon policeman" to make sure only those who truly deserve a majestic and powerful coupon should get one.

I nominate YOU, ProfessorEcho!
Those of us who actually spend the TIME to post so that OTHERS can get bargains don't always feel generous to those that WON'T SPEND THE TIME TO POST SO THAT WE MIGHT GET A SIMILAR BARGAIN. I will ALWAYS prioritize my sharing of coupons to those that contribute to DVD Talk first and to the "lurkers" second. I'm not saying I will never give coupons to lurkers, but I would sure choose someone who takes the time to post information or hauls that help me maximize my savings or give me ideas I might not have ... over those that show up when they want something and then disappear until they want another favor.

Originally Posted by hariseldon
New here, but at least ccfore has been on the other bluray forum for about a year so just spreading the wings a little.
It's amazing you've been on this forum for only 2 years and I recognize your name. Thanks for the BN posts ... they helped me get some bargains I might not have considered.

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 12-24-12 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-24-12, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I have one extra 25% coupon left. PM if you want it.
Old 12-24-12, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here is something to remember for the future. This worked for me today, and I suspect this may be a loop-hole for using one-time-use coupons. I used a 30% off coupon at one store, then I drove to another store and used the same coupon again. It was definitely scanned both times, no manual discounts. I figure it probably takes some time for the servers to update to know that you have used the coupon. So if you are able to go to multiple stores within a short timeframe, you can double-dip. Now I realize this may not be worth the gas in most cases, but I needed to go to two stores to get the titles I wanted because each store had something the other store did not.

Today I got:
Watchmen Ultimate - 28.34 w/30%
Blade Runner box set - 24.56 w/30%
Looney Tunes v2 - w/25%
Resident Evil Retribution 3D - 18.62 w/25%

And the other day I got:
Ice Age Continental Drift 3D - 18.89 w/30% off
Ted - 14.17 w/25% off

HUGE thanks to brendagg for donating a 30% coupon to me today, as well as getjazzedman for giving me one last weekend. Both were used (brendagg's twice!), and helped to fulfill my BD buying addiction!

Prices include Member discount, but are before tax. However I used a B&N MC, so the tax is basically a wash...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 12-24-12 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-24-12, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
New here, but at least ccfore has been on the other bluray forum for about a year so just spreading the wings a little.
By New Member I meant those who have only one or two posts begging for or sometimes having the gall to demand a coupon. I'm referring to those who jump from forum to forum all over the net trying to score free coupons, but never contributing anything of their own.
Old 12-24-12, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hope no one minds me changing the subject, but Merry Christmas everyone. Life is too short to fight and argue over coupons. Enjoy tomorrow and the rest of the year with your family and friends. Try to stay safe and out of trouble.
Old 12-24-12, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Rats, I had no idea my 25 and 30% coupons were store only.

Was going to get War Horse online since my store was sold out.
Old 12-24-12, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by whotony
Rats, I had no idea my 25 and 30% coupons were store only.

Was going to get War Horse online since my store was sold out.
I know it's probably too late now but a lot of stores will let you use the coupons to do ship to home orders. Basically it's an online order you do at the store. Done it many times with items that are cheaper online, or the store doesn't have, or even pre-orders. It can be ymmv but never had a store say no whenever I've done it.
Old 12-25-12, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ I do ship-to-home orders all the time. They usually won't do it unless the store is out of stock on the item. I typically do it for pre-orders, but sold out items work as well. Seeing as the online prices are frequently better than in-store, it's a great way to get that savings with an in-store coupon...
Old 12-25-12, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
^ I do ship-to-home orders all the time. They usually won't do it unless the store is out of stock on the item. I typically do it for pre-orders, but sold out items work as well. Seeing as the online prices are frequently better than in-store, it's a great way to get that savings with an in-store coupon...
Stores in my area don't seem to care. If you want to do ship to home they will place the order even if they have the item in stock at their store. However I also usually try to buy something at their store when I'm doing it.
Old 12-25-12, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I hope no one minds me changing the subject, but Merry Christmas everyone. Life is too short to fight and argue over coupons. Enjoy tomorrow and the rest of the year with your family and friends. Try to stay safe and out of trouble.
Most of my ire is aimed directly at Barnes & Noble themselves for the utterly bewildering, frustrating, haphazard way they treat customers with these coupons, who gets them and who doesn't. If they could fix that we wouldn't have to contend with as much begging, something I doubt anyone is comfortable with, especially the beggars. I've begged and I hate having to do it. So here's hoping B&N can get their act together someday and treat everyone fairly and equally.

Merry Christmas to Laser and everyone else here. My Scrooge rants of yesterday notwithstanding, I'm always happy when someone gets a deal and consistently try to make posters here feel great about their purchases.
Old 12-25-12, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Most of my ire is aimed directly at Barnes & Noble themselves for the utterly bewildering, frustrating, haphazard way they treat customers with these coupons, who gets them and who doesn't. If they could fix that we wouldn't have to contend with as much begging, something I doubt anyone is comfortable with, especially the beggars. I've begged and I hate having to do it. So here's hoping B&N can get their act together someday and treat everyone fairly and equally.

Merry Christmas to Laser and everyone else here. My Scrooge rants of yesterday notwithstanding, I'm always happy when someone gets a deal and consistently try to make posters here feel great about their purchases.
I agree it's horrible how B&N doles out the coupons to their customers these days. With the elimination of email sign ups on the B&N web site, and going more frequently with randomly generated unique coded coupons they send only to a select group of customers hasn't made things better. Unless you are lucky enough to actually get the emails they have basically shut off many potential customers from any coupon savings. That's why I try to give away any coupons I'm not going to use to forum members that don't receive them. At least when they were strictly using the generic coupons it wasn't quite so bad if you weren't receiving B&N emails. Usually I could find a lot of the coupons and post them on the first page for everyone to use that didn't get any coupons by email. I don't know if anyone in upper management realizes how screwed up thing are now or not, but it would be nice if there was a way to let them know they made things worse for many customers.
Old 12-25-12, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree it's horrible how B&N doles out the coupons to their customers these days. With the elimination of email sign ups on the B&N web site, and going more frequently with randomly generated unique coded coupons they send only to a select group of customers hasn't made things better. Unless you are lucky enough to actually get the emails they have basically shut off many potential customers from any coupon savings. That's why I try to give away any coupons I'm not going to use to forum members that don't receive them. At least when they were strictly using the generic coupons it wasn't quite so bad if you weren't receiving B&N emails. Usually I could find a lot of the coupons and post them on the first page for everyone to use that didn't get any coupons by email. I don't know if anyone in upper management realizes how screwed up thing are now or not, but it would be nice if there was a way to let them know they made things worse for many customers.
You have summarized the situation perfectly. Last holiday season, I spent a ton of money at B&N on both books and movies. This year, I haven't stepped foot in B&N since August because of the lack of generic coupons and their inability to email me any of the unique coupons.

I like B&N. They have a good selection and there are some good deals to be had. But when I see that some people are getting coupons while other people like myself are not, it's very aggravating. I just shop elsewhere.

Hopefully they address these issues in 2013 but to be honest I'm not confident that things will improve.
Old 12-26-12, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by E_v_i_l
You have summarized the situation perfectly. Last holiday season, I spent a ton of money at B&N on both books and movies. This year, I haven't stepped foot in B&N since August because of the lack of generic coupons and their inability to email me any of the unique coupons.

I like B&N. They have a good selection and there are some good deals to be had. But when I see that some people are getting coupons while other people like myself are not, it's very aggravating. I just shop elsewhere.

Hopefully they address these issues in 2013 but to be honest I'm not confident that things will improve.
Since Nook and e-book customers are getting more attention these days I wonder if the rest of us are just an afterthought to B&N.

I feel fortunate I'm still getting coupons, but worry they could stop at anytime. I already had several email addresses that stopped receiving coupons without any warning, including my former membership email address that I renewed with for many years before letting it lapse in July.

I'm currently doing a free membership trial that has only a few days remaining. Probably going to cancel instead of letting it turn into a paid membership. I hate to pay for a membership only to possibly lose coupons later. Once they cut you off it's very difficult to impossible getting them back. I managed to get them restored twice on my membership account, but after several months they stopped the emails again. I see no point in paying $25 for a membership if they decide to deny you member coupons later on.
Old 12-27-12, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course, now that the $10 promo GC's can be used, there are no coupons, and few deals to be had. The current 50% off Holiday Sale is only mediocre, but could be improved with a coupon... I actually lost one of my GC's. I'm kinda ticked about it, but perhaps I'll find it before it expires.
Old 12-27-12, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since Nook and e-book customers are getting more attention these days I wonder if the rest of us are just an afterthought to B&N....

I'm currently doing a free membership trial that has only a few days remaining. Probably going to cancel instead of letting it turn into a paid membership. I hate to pay for a membership only to possibly lose coupons later...

I see no point in paying $25 for a membership if they decide to deny you member coupons later on.
Exactly my thoughts as well. If it wasn't for your efforts Lasermovies, Barnes & Noble wouldn't receive any of my money. I use to look forward to their annual Criterion sale, but since I haven't received a coupon for years (and not one during the trial membership), I cancelled earlier today. It is hard to justify patronizing them, as their prices aren't very competitive, and if your local B&N doesn't have a media section, the coupons have little value to those relegated to online only for their blu-ray habits. I'm at a point in life where I refuse to pay for a "privilege" fee to shop with any retailer.
Old 12-27-12, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tofferman
....It is hard to justify patronizing them, as their prices aren't very competitive, and if your local B&N doesn't have a media section, the coupons have little value to those relegated to online only for their Blu-ray habits....
Whoa, you are right about that. I get most of my coupons on this thread, as B&N rarely sends me any. I would have no use for my membership if my local stores dropped their media sections.
Old 12-28-12, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Whoa, you are right about that. I get most of my coupons on this thread, as B&N rarely sends me any. I would have no use for my membership if my local stores dropped their media sections.
As long as they continue to allow ship to home orders the coupons and media-less stores have value.
Old 12-28-12, 05:51 PM

I gotta tell ya, if it were not for our local store with their ample media section, I wouldn’t bother with B&N.

Our story is kind of weird, because my wife and I have a total of three accounts; two are my non-member accounts for which I receive a barrage of coupons, one is her member account for which she receives doodley-squat. She is a book buyer and bought the membership thinking that she would get promotions. In the meantime, I didn’t even know that she had signed up. When I learned that she had a membership, I started using it for the Criterion sales and the Christmas promotions, and it worked very well – except for the fact that she received no member coupons. We used mine.

Well, one time a check-out clerk saw that we were using non-member coupons and – without our asking – upgraded the coupon discount for us. This has happened on a couple of occasions and I can tell you that, if it were not for the excellent media section and employees (Reno, NV), I would have no use for this company at all. No media section = not a customer.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.