Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-11, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

^ Dropping Criterions? Some stores will be dropping their whole durn Movie & Music section! This has echos of Borders when they did the same thing. Just how big of a space do they need for Nook??? Another sign of the apocalypse for physical media.
Old 09-08-11, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by NoirFan
This was posted on the Criterion Forum:

I really hope my local store isn't one of the stores dropping Criterions. That's a drag that the sale will apparently end one day before 12 Angry Men. Looks like I'll only be buying 2 titles then. I remember buying as many as 16 during previous sales. It feels sort of weird having everything I want - not a sensation I'm used to!
Prices online are the same or better than in store. That said not being able to use coupons multiple times in store and losing the 10% membership discount will suck. Hopefully they will Allow coupons on ship to home items.

I have to admit I never see the video section at B&N crowded. It probably is better
If they try something that will generate more cash. Not sure the Nook will do that.

Last edited by Classic Films; 09-08-11 at 12:40 AM.
Old 09-08-11, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Prices online are the same or better than in store. That said not being able to use coupons multiple times in store and losing the 10% membership discount will suck.
Coupons and the member discount usually result in lower prices in-store than on-line, at least for the Criterion sales, which are the only times I set foot in their stores anyway.
Old 09-08-11, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
^ Dropping Criterions? Some stores will be dropping their whole durn Movie & Music section! This has echos of Borders when they did the same thing. Just how big of a space do they need for Nook??? Another sign of the apocalypse for physical media.
Some (most?) stores in the Puget Sound area (Federal Way, Southcenter, Tacoma) haven't had a Movie & Music section for a LONG time.
Old 09-08-11, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree that really sucks, hopefully I can identify the stores that keep their Movies and Music since the only two sections I ever go into are the Movie/Music section and the Bargain Books section (unless I am trying to find the bathroom). But I don't think this is another sign of the apocalypse for physical media. This is a bad decision by Barnes and Noble motivated by the fact that we are probably among the very few that buy any media from B&N. For most of us including myself, I only buy during big sales or their yearly Criterion one.
Old 09-08-11, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
This is a bad decision by Barnes and Noble motivated by the fact that we are probably among the very few that buy any media from B&N. For most of us including myself, I only buy during big sales or their yearly Criterion one.
I think this is a bad decision for bargain hunters like us, I don't necessarily think it is a bad decision for B&N if the square footage devoted to media is not generating enough income for them.
Old 09-08-11, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This is a bad decision by Barnes and Noble motivated by the fact that we are probably among the very few that buy any media from B&N. For most of us including myself, I only buy during big sales or their yearly Criterion one.
This sounds more like an argument for why it may be a good decision on their part.
Old 09-08-11, 01:09 PM

I agree that really sucks, hopefully I can identify the stores that keep their Movies and Music since the only two sections I ever go into are the Movie/Music section and the Bargain Books section (unless I am trying to find the bathroom). But I don't think this is another sign of the apocalypse for physical media. This is a bad decision by Barnes and Noble motivated by the fact that we are probably among the very few that buy any media from B&N. For most of us including myself, I only buy during big sales or their yearly Criterion one.
I work in a B&N music and movies department, and I have to say that thinking that we are the only type of people that buy anything there is completely false. In my time working there I've figured out that a vast majority of people don't really know how to shop and find bargains; most of the time they don't know and/or care how much media at most places cost. These people are usually just relieved to find the title they are looking for and pay any price for it.

The reason the prices on media never drop at B&N is that most people will pay anything for the items they are looking for.
Old 09-08-11, 01:43 PM

This was posted on the Criterion Forum:
Do you have a link? A Google search turned up nothing.
Old 09-08-11, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by deet
Do you have a link? A Google search turned up nothing.
Post #8 on this page:

http://www.criterionforum.org/forum/...860&start=2200
Old 09-10-11, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hey Laser look like any 20% coupons coming? I got some GC to use.
Old 09-10-11, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^
Nothing new or worthwhile for this week. I expect next week might be better for new coupons.
Old 09-10-11, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
^
Nothing new or worthwhile for this week. I expect next week might be better for new coupons.
Next week before the 40% sale ends?
Old 09-10-11, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Louisville S
Next week before the 40% sale ends?
If it is like the usual coupons probably not until Thursday. Maybe Wednesday if I can find them early if there are new ones.
Old 09-10-11, 06:43 PM

Hi, I just enrolled in BN membership. I'm trying to purchase CC titles, but I do not see the 10% discount not even when I'm at last checkout page, where you place the order. I could apply a 10% coupon discount, but can't seem to find the membership discount. Isn't it automatic when you're logged in, or do I have to do anything else?

Appreciate a lot any help. Thanks.

PS: I'm in Brazil, but as discount is on the item not on the shipping, I believe this does not matter.
Old 09-10-11, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MB17
Hi, I just enrolled in BN membership. I'm trying to purchase CC titles, but I do not see the 10% discount not even when I'm at last checkout page, where you place the order. I could apply a 10% coupon discount, but can't seem to find the membership discount. Isn't it automatic when you're logged in, or do I have to do anything else?

Appreciate a lot any help. Thanks.

PS: I'm in Brazil, but as discount is on the item not on the shipping, I believe this does not matter.
Sorry to say, B&N dropped the membership discount for online orders some time ago.

It was replaced with "free express shipping", which probably won't be of any use to you in Brazil.
Old 09-10-11, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was replaced with "free express shipping", which probably won't be of any use to you in Brazil.
It's barely of any use to me in the U.S. - I ordered a couple of titles eight days ago and they still haven't arrived. In fact, the tracking info hasn't even been updated in three days. I'd hate to see what their non-express shipping is like, it's probably in DD territory.
Old 09-10-11, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

It's barely of any use to me in the U.S. - I ordered a couple of titles eight days ago and they still haven't arrived. In fact, the tracking info hasn't even been updated in three days. I'd hate to see what their non-express shipping is like, it's probably in DD territory.
Is this dhl/usps smartmail? Those take forever. I have to admit though I've gotten the past few orders via UPS in a week and I'm happy about that change. With dhl/smartmail, those shipments used to take a month or more.
Old 09-11-11, 07:00 PM

Sorry to say, B&N dropped the membership discount for online orders some time ago.

Thanks for the info! Then I'll probably cancel it before they charge me!
Old 09-12-11, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like this is coming later in the week if you have a membership and a Mastercard. Also saw some information for Nook coupons.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...=&promoid=9944

Member Exclusive: 30% Off 1 Item with Your MasterCard(R) Card Coupon Details:

For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once per billing address online at BN.COM. MasterCard must be selected as method of payment and your MasterCard card must be used for entire transaction for discount to apply.

This coupon is valid from September 15, 2011 to September 19, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

The additional 30% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK"! and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at any Barnes & Noble College retail bookstores. This coupon is non-transferable and may not be reproduced, sold or bartered. Void where prohibited by law.

MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Old 09-13-11, 09:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was hoping that B&N would maintain their media sections for longer. There are so few options these days. Really, next to none and their stores have a decent section.
Old 09-13-11, 01:00 PM

If you cannot do in-store pickup on an item (button is not there to click) does that usually mean they don't carry it in-store and only online?
Old 09-13-11, 02:16 PM

"10% off your entire order ONLINE, enter coupon code Y3Y7P3C at checkout. The 10% discount will be applied to all eligible items in your cart. Pre-orders are not eligible with this offer. This coupon is valid from August 29, 2011 to September 13, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time."

Code expired this morning. Its been a long time since we haven't had a 10% off everything coupon. A shame the 30% off coupon starts the day after the 40% off blu ray sale ends.
Old 09-13-11, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Louisville S
If you cannot do in-store pickup on an item (button is not there to click) does that usually mean they don't carry it in-store and only online?
I would say probably not but you could still call a local store to verify they don't have it to make absolutely sure. Sometimes I have found some items they said were out of stock and went to the store to find out they had it.

Originally Posted by Classic Films
"10% off your entire order ONLINE, enter coupon code Y3Y7P3C at checkout. The 10% discount will be applied to all eligible items in your cart. Pre-orders are not eligible with this offer. This coupon is valid from August 29, 2011 to September 13, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time."

Code expired this morning. Its been a long time since we haven't had a 10% off everything coupon. A shame the 30% off coupon starts the day after the 40% off blu ray sale ends.
I have tried several times to get the new 10% code today but it is still not available. I have found a 10% member code but it works with only one item.

Depending when and if I can find the 30% coupon it is possible it might be available before the sale ends. Often online coupons start working about 24 hours before the official start date.
Old 09-13-11, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I have tried several times to get the new 10% code today but it is still not available. I have found a 10% member code but it works with only one item.

Depending when and if I can find the 30% coupon it is possible it might be available before the sale ends. Often online coupons start working about 24 hours before the official start date.
Thanks for all your help. You are the best.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.