Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-11, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by drh4
I'm sorry to be late to the party on this, but I'd appreciate some help. Each one of my family members ordered one groupon from the deal last month. I used a couple, but now they are all showing a zero balance, even though my card is still charged.

What's the quickest way to get back the credit I'm entitled to? TIA.
I bought four, used two. Remaining two show up in B&N's system as already used. Contacted Groupon CS by email. Will see if there are any problems.
Old 03-11-11, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
If you're lucky enough to receive B&N email offers you may have received a personal one use coupon code but that looks like it could be it. I only managed to find one 10% online code everyone can use for a single item.
Wow, this really does look to be my last year with a B&N membership. If some online codes don't start popping up soon I doubt I'll even be visiting their site any more.

Laser, I've appreciated all your hard work in this thread. Hope you can find a few more solid online codes over the next few months so I can get a little bit more use out of my membership before I let it expire.

Gary O.
Old 03-11-11, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TimJS
I bought four, used two. Remaining two show up in B&N's system as already used. Contacted Groupon CS by email. Will see if there are any problems.
I recently had to get a refund for two groupons that B&N zeroed out. They answered the email same day and refunded it within two days. HOWEVER, they TRIED to refund it as a groupon credit! I had to request they credit the funds back to my card, which they immediately did the day after I emailed the clarification. Overall, it took me 3 to 4 days to get it finished.
Old 03-12-11, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a couple of 50% off store coupons but they are valid at a few select stores in different states. They are valid starting March 14.

Old 03-12-11, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GaryO
Wow, this really does look to be my last year with a B&N membership. If some online codes don't start popping up soon I doubt I'll even be visiting their site any more.

Laser, I've appreciated all your hard work in this thread. Hope you can find a few more solid online codes over the next few months so I can get a little bit more use out of my membership before I let it expire.

Gary O.
Unfortunately it's getting harder and harder to find regular online coupon codes these days. I will probably find a few in the future but I'm not expecting to see as many as there were in the past.
Old 03-12-11, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Here are a couple of 50% off store coupons but they are valid at a few select stores in different states. They are valid starting March 14.
Notice anything funny about those coupons.
Spoiler:
No barcodes
Old 03-12-11, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^
Someone at B&N is probably going to have to fix that before it gets officially released Monday.
Old 03-12-11, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

^
Someone at B&N is probably going to have to fix that before it gets officially released Monday.
Oh, so a lot of the coupons you find are originally like that? I wish I lived near one of those locations. I still have $27 credit left over from the Groupons.
Old 03-12-11, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No, usually the coupons have barcodes and are basically ready to use before the official release. My guess is someone screwed up. Wouldn't be the first time they made a mistake with a coupon before it got released.
Old 03-12-11, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Coupon list is updated with two new 15% online codes that are good for all customers. You should have through tomorrow to use them.
Old 03-12-11, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Looking forward to using those 50% off coupons a few times. Should help with the severe Groupon withdrawal. Man, that was the deal/glitch/snafu of the year for me. Thanks, Lasermovies!
Old 03-12-11, 09:35 PM

Christ, the Burlington store is 37 miles away, argh. It would cost almost $10 to get there and back between gas and tolls, not to mention all the time spent driving there.

Oh well.
Old 03-12-11, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

WTF is this??? Cherry-picking a few stores for 50% off coupons and no others????
Old 03-12-11, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
WTF is this??? Cherry-picking a few stores for 50% off coupons and no others????
Is there a chance that these locations are near where Borders stores are going out of business? I could see B&N trying to jump on the opportunity.
Old 03-12-11, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tell me about it. They pick one store in California and it has to be at the other end of the state hundreds of miles away from me. I have seen coupons for specific stores before but never anything with this large of a discount.
Old 03-13-11, 12:23 AM

might hit up the co location and try and use it on star wars blu set, also have 2 groupons to burn
Old 03-13-11, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
Is there a chance that these locations are near where Borders stores are going out of business? I could see B&N trying to jump on the opportunity.
That's a possibility; I can speak for the NYC locations.
The 5th Ave. store is at 46th Street and Borders has been emailing me that the Park Ave. & 57th St. store has taken new reductions on their previous closing prices.
The Citigroup B&N branch is probably closer at 54th & 3rd Ave.
Another Borders closing is in the Wall St. area (100 Broadway) and Tribeca is definitely in that area.
The third and last NYC closing is at 30th & 2nd Ave.

I'll be making use of these coupons when they straighten them out.
Old 03-13-11, 09:15 AM

I guess it wouldn't be such a bad deal. Question is would they let me do separate transactions on each of the five movies so I can utilize the coupon on each movie?

Currently all five of the movies I want say in-stock at the Burlington store according to their website. The prices of these movies are: $19.99, $19.99, $29.99, $24.99, and $24.99. If I use my membership discount plus the 50% off coupon and do separate transactions everything would look like this: $9.56, $9.56, $14.34, $11.95, and $11.95 after sales tax.

$57.35 total or $11.47 per Blu-ray. It would cost me roughly $8.18 in gas and depending on which route I take potentially $2.80 in tolls, plus my time.

$68.33 for five Blu-rays is still pretty good. Of course they would have to have all of the movies in-stock when the coupon goes live and they would have to do separate transactions. I guess I could call before I make the drive, but it might be worth it.
Old 03-13-11, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^
Any barcodes available yet? It's officially Mon. the 14th.
Old 03-13-11, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
Doesn't look like it to me. The lone California store is in a weird area, a bit north of the cluster of Borders in the East Bay and in a place that I used to avoid after dark back in the day. A really odd choice. At least it is next to BART. I can pop up a few stations north tomorrow on my way home (assuming the barcode omission is not fatal).
Old 03-14-11, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
Any barcodes available yet? It's officially Mon. the 14th.
Not yet. I have a direct link to the coupons on the first page. I would suggest checking there to see when they update it. They probably won't do anything until sometime tomorrow morning.
Old 03-14-11, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^Will do that; I did check there first before posting.
Old 03-14-11, 01:35 AM

A few weeks ago there was a 50% off coupon that said it was only valid at a NYC store. I just folded it in half and the guy at the register didn't even bother unfolding it. I'm going to give it another try on Tuesday
Old 03-14-11, 08:49 AM

Coupons haven't changed, I wonder if they realized they made a mistake and forgot to put the barcodes on them, heh.
Old 03-14-11, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 932 Likes on 657 Posts

Quick question, are there any coupons ever valid on the Nook? I'm assuming no(looking at the restrictions on the ones in the first post), but figured I'd ask anyway.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.