Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-11, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by joe_b
There has yet to be a charge for my Doctor Who S5 set, which I've had for a week and was the only item they sent a shipping notice for.
I was curious when you look at the order online is the amount being charged to your credit or debit card listed as "zero" right below the order total? I"m seeing that on one of the orders I received. So far I have not been charged yet, but expect eventually B&N will catch it.
Old 01-09-11, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 126 Likes on 79 Posts

Nope, it lists the correct amount I'm due to be charged. I still don't see a pending charge for the order yet.
Old 01-10-11, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Thanks, I had a feeling it was, since it was last year... I wonder if they will let me do a B2G1F in-store, if one of the items is a ship to home order. Anyone ever try that?
I was down visiting AZ and a clerk at the store I visited offered to order-me in a title I asked about (Metropolis BR) and he said it could've been my third title for B2G1F. Sounds like YMMV...
Old 01-11-11, 10:34 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I was curious when you look at the order online is the amount being charged to your credit or debit card listed as "zero" right below the order total? I"m seeing that on one of the orders I received. So far I have not been charged yet, but expect eventually B&N will catch it.
I haven't seen a charge yet for my recent order too. The status page shows the correct amount to be charged to the card, but the status still shows not shipped. Just a guess, but the charge might be tied to that status and if it doesn't change the charge might not occur. The Order Status page, where all recent orders are listed, shows Not Yet Shipped. The more specific page for that order shows that it shipped 3 days ago. The date they have for shipping was a Saturday, so maybe it needs more than 1 full business day to show up on the credit card charges.
Old 01-11-11, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jim
I haven't seen a charge yet for my recent order too. The status page shows the correct amount to be charged to the card, but the status still shows not shipped. Just a guess, but the charge might be tied to that status and if it doesn't change the charge might not occur. The Order Status page, where all recent orders are listed, shows Not Yet Shipped. The more specific page for that order shows that it shipped 3 days ago. The date they have for shipping was a Saturday, so maybe it needs more than 1 full business day to show up on the credit card charges.
I'm experiencing the same thing with my order status page, but am eventually getting charged for the orders. I just had a charge posted on my credit card last night for the order mentioned. The charge did post a few days later than normal, but it still says "zero" will be charged to my credit card. The status is still not showing up as shipped on B&N's web site even though I received it Friday. I have several other orders that were shipped and received that are also not showing up as shipped on my status page, but I have been charged for most of them. The only order not charged now has a pending charge today.
Old 01-11-11, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I need a non-Visa 20 or 25% coupon...come on B&N.
Old 01-11-11, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is anyone please able to tell me what "$50 worth of coupons" you receive on membership and specifically whether any of those can be used online.

As I'm an international customer, only the online coupons will be useful to me and if they're less than the $25 membership, it's not going to be worth it (especially now that the 10% membership discount does not apply online anymore).

cheers
Old 01-11-11, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nitin77
Is anyone please able to tell me what "$50 worth of coupons" you receive on membership and specifically whether any of those can be used online.

As I'm an international customer, only the online coupons will be useful to me and if they're less than the $25 membership, it's not going to be worth it (especially now that the 10% membership discount does not apply online anymore).

cheers
All current coupons are in the first post. They are kept current by the great DVDtalker, LASERMOVIES. The coupons you are looking for are in the Membership Purchase and Renewal Coupons section. And yes, they can be used online...once.
Old 01-11-11, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks, I asked because I wasnt sure. From what I can tell from the first post, you get only one $5/$8 off coupon to use on new membership which doesnt correlate with B&N's claim of $50 in coupons.
Old 01-11-11, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nitin77
thanks, I asked because I wasnt sure. From what I can tell from the first post, you get only one $5/$8 off coupon to use on new membership which doesnt correlate with B&N's claim of $50 in coupons.
You're looking at two different coupons. If B&N sent you the coupon offer you would only receive one of them. The coupon is valid both online and at stores. If you look further down the first page you will notice a spoiler that is hiding all the printable store coupons. The online coupon code is valid for one or all of the offers listed. I posted this before but I made a screen shot showing how all the offers using the online code can stack if you were going to combine everything. If you add everything from the online and store coupons it should roughly equal the $50 B&N claims.

$5 CD X 2 = $10
$5 DVD X 2 = $10
$5 Off $50 X 2 = $10
Complimentary Latte = $2.55 value
B1G1F Quamut chart $5.95 value X 2 = $11.90
B1G1F BN Classic $3.95 value X 2 = $7.90

Total = $52.35

Last edited by Laser Movies; 01-11-11 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-12-11, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, that makes more sense. I will consider it.
Old 01-13-11, 08:25 AM

Are there ever any "$X off a book over $XX" coupons?
Old 01-13-11, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kory
Not that I can recall, no... They have had coupons valid specifically on books, but they were percentage coupons, like 50% off the purchase of any book.
Old 01-13-11, 10:02 AM

Ahhh, alright. Any current % off coupons for books, then?
Old 01-13-11, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The closest coupon I've seen would be the $5 off $50 purchase coupon, but it is not specifically for books. There are some book coupons B&N issues every week but I don't post those since they are usually on a few select book titles, and you could usually save more if you wanted them using a regular percent off coupon.

Ahhh, alright. Any current % off coupons for books, then?
Most of the current online and printable store coupons should work for books. You could also use AAA, Boeing, or Visa links to save a percentage off a book purchase.
Old 01-14-11, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In case people aren't aware, Best Buy Reward Zone has a mall in which you can link to B&N. They give 2 RZ points per dollar (yippee?) but also have a promo where you get 250 Coke Rewards points. You can currently redeem 200 Coke Rewards points for 250 RZ points, which of course equals $5. So, if you are placing a smaller order, and are a RZ member, it may make more sense to link to B&N through RZ instead of cashback sites, because you can get a free $5 RZ cert out of it, plus have 50 Coke Rewards points to spare, thus much better than 4% cashback...
Old 01-14-11, 08:10 PM

In case people aren't aware, Best Buy Reward Zone has a mall in which you can link to B&N. They give 2 RZ points per dollar (yippee?) but also have a promo where you get 250 Coke Rewards points. You can currently redeem 200 Coke Rewards points for 250 RZ points, which of course equals $5. So, if you are placing a smaller order, and are a RZ member, it may make more sense to link to B&N through RZ instead of cashback sites, because you can get a free $5 RZ cert out of it, plus have 50 Coke Rewards points to spare, thus much better than 4% cashback...

I think you need to have a Best Buy Reward Credit Card to do that sadly
Old 01-14-11, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lilmotto
I think you need to have a Best Buy Reward Credit Card to do that sadly
Nope. Just a RZ account, and you have to link to the store from their mall... Right when you log into myrz.com, in the lower right corner you'll see the mall area with links, but I think this direct link to the B&N page should work, as long as you are logged in:
http://onlinemall.myrewardzone.bestb.../m__1846__.htm

Here's a link to the entire mall:
http://onlinemall.myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/
Old 01-14-11, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nope. Just a RZ account, and you have to link to the store from their mall... Right when you log into myrz.com, in the lower right corner you'll see the mall area with links, but I think this direct link to the B&N page should work, as long as you are logged in:
http://onlinemall.myrewardzone.bestb.../m__1846__.htm

Here's a link to the entire mall:
http://onlinemall.myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/
Thanks for pointing this out. I may not get much use of it for B&N purchases because I get 10% back from Discover. But I don't get anything from Borders. And BB has the same 2 points per dollar for Borders so I might be able to make use of it there.
Old 01-14-11, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jwstl
Thanks for pointing this out. I may not get much use of it for B&N purchases because I get 10% back from Discover. But I don't get anything from Borders. And BB has the same 2 points per dollar for Borders so I might be able to make use of it there.
Plus the 250 bonus Coke Points. That promo is buried on the 2nd page of offers when you're in your RZ account. I first learned of it yesterday, because Coke advertises it when you log into Coke Rewards. It doesn't have an expiration date listed, but apparently you get 250 points for each partner you try. I don't know if the entire mall is considered one partner, or if each store in the mall is a separate partner. So buying from the same store twice won't work for that promo...
Here are the details from that promo:
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/off...rdzone_1_1_h_a
Old 01-14-11, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 485 Likes on 330 Posts

2 RZ points per dollar works out to 4% of your purchase, in RZ certs. So, that may or may not be better than your direct cash back options.

Of course, that doesn't factor in things like the Coke Rewards.
Old 01-14-11, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

nevermind, found it!
Old 01-15-11, 01:05 AM

The 250 Coke Rewards points though is for doing a BBRZ Partner Offer, right? Buying something from B&N through BBRZ doesn't seem like it's considered a Partner Offer.
Old 01-15-11, 02:00 AM

I just noticed that when I linked to B&N via AAA there is a banner headline notice:

"This portal will be discontinued on January 31."

It looks like all the bookstore and other vendor portals will be discontinued as of that date. (Go back to page 1 of this thread and click on the various links and you will see what I mean.)

No more 10% discount for AAA members. Will something else take its place? Given the financial difficulties B&N is in I rather doubt it.

Adios, B&N.
Old 01-15-11, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The 250 Coke Rewards points though is for doing a BBRZ Partner Offer, right? Buying something from B&N through BBRZ doesn't seem like it's considered a Partner Offer.
Actually, the mall is one of the links in the partner offer page. I asked the same question but found the answer through a little investigation. I don't know how long it's supposed to take, but here's hoping it works!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.