Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 01-05-09, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

A quick note for cahback fans: Live.com is still showing 12% on their site, but when I clicked the link to B&N, it said "you'll earn 8.0% cashback."
Old 01-05-09, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Isn't Live.com cashback supposed to give you back 12% of the pre-coupon price?
Old 01-05-09, 07:31 PM

I've never used Cashback before. Is it possible to use it and still get the AAA discount/free shipping at BN.com? If so, what are the steps?
Old 01-05-09, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPRBD
I've never used Cashback before. Is it possible to use it and still get the AAA discount/free shipping at BN.com? If so, what are the steps?
No. Cash back requires a special link. AAA discount requires a special link. You can't combine them...
Old 01-05-09, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the quick response.
Old 01-05-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Isn't Live.com cashback supposed to give you back 12% of the pre-coupon price?
Not with Barnes and Noble. The rules say it is after all coupons are applied, but I have seen a few websites that processed cash back before coupons. But B&N is not one of them. It is off of the discounted price pre-tax...
Old 01-05-09, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the quick response.
You're welcome! You can, of course, combine coupons with any of the discount links. And if you are a member, that discount is combineable with cash back (but NOT with AAA or VISA discounts)
Old 01-05-09, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They wasted no time in lowering discounts for this sale. I could not find ANY titles more than 20% off that are included in the sale. All of the titles that were 30% off yesterday are now 10 or 20% off. I knew they would do this, but they usually aren't this quick...

I just did a little assessment of how good this sale really is. For me, it isn't that great, since I have a B&N MC and can use the 20% off coupon over and over (with different email accounts)
Without the sale, I could buy best seller (top 100) DVD's at 30% off, then apply the 20% coupon on each for 44% off (by placing separate orders)... With the sale, let's say I find three 20% off items that are all the same price. By getting one of them free, I'm basically getting 33% off of each, which combines for 46.667% off each. I can only use the 20% coupon on one item, so it ends up like being 50.22% off of each. But to get that extra 6%, I have to buy 3 titles, and the items purchased need to be of a similar price. Seeing as the least expensive title will be free, the percentage saved will drop considerably if one item is cheaper. Without the sale, I don't have to get 3 titles. I can only order one or two, and the prices don't need to be similar.

I might skip this sale. If they still had 30% off eligible titles, I might bite. But at these prices, I think I'll pass...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-05-09 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-06-09, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I plan on skipping B2G1F sale since there is not much I want at the moment. Not too crazy about the prices either. Plenty of time to use the 20% coupon later on since it doesn't expire until May.
Old 01-06-09, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
YES, but you must have your default payment method set as a B&N MC (I'm assuming must be B&N card, but like Laser said, dunno if that is true). You can't even apply the coupon code until you add your MC payment method. But you don't have to charge anything to the MC. You can pay entirely by GC.
I added a Visa card to my account and found out the 20% coupon will not work. I got a message the order does not qualify. I'm still not sure about other Mastercards, but a B&N membership is not required.
Old 01-06-09, 01:50 AM

I couldn't get it to work with a non-BN Mastercard.
Old 01-06-09, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A decent deal for the 3 new Disney Treasures tins. But for some reason Expedited Delivery is NOT free even though the order is $47. Only Standard Delivery is free. It probably has to do with 2 of the titles showing shipping in 1 to 2 weeks.
Old 01-06-09, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I couldn't get it to work with a non-BN Mastercard.
Thanks for the information. I guess the coupon only works with a B&N Mastercard.
Old 01-06-09, 12:52 PM

hmm.. it looks like the Disney Pixar collection (toy story, toy story 2, cars, ratatouille, monsters, nemo, incredibles, bugs life) could be had for around $16.xx each after tax and cashback with the B2G1. Of course, I'd have to include the $25 renewal fee into the equation as well.

They're around $19.99 on Amazon right now, though I can't say I've ever priced them out before so I don't know how normal that is. I've got a 2-month old in the fold now so I'm sure the Disney invasion is coming but I don't whether to wait 1-2 years to see if a better price comes along.

edited to add that a quick search shows them at $15.99 back in November from amazon so I think I'll pass and wait for the next sale.

Last edited by dabsabre; 01-06-09 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-06-09, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the coupons lasermovies, no dvds for me, but I used an in-store 10% for a clearance hardcover, and used another 10% online to get some more clearance hardcovers, also combined with my AAA link. Cheers
Old 01-07-09, 03:22 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Does B&N ever have coupons that DONT require membership or BN Mastercard? For just a normal, everyday customer like me?
I don't shop at B&N often enough to make it worth getting either one, but I have some gift cards to use there, and even with gift cards I can NOT rationalize paying their outrageous prices.

Anybody have any non-member coupons?
Old 01-07-09, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cinemaphile
Does B&N ever have coupons that DONT require membership or BN Mastercard? For just a normal, everyday customer like me?
I don't shop at B&N often enough to make it worth getting either one, but I have some gift cards to use there, and even with gift cards I can NOT rationalize paying their outrageous prices.

Anybody have any non-member coupons?
Scroll down on the first post.
Old 01-07-09, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finally, some good deals at bn.com! All seasons of Alias (except season 1) are $24.99 and they qualify for B2G1F sale.
Old 01-07-09, 09:21 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by starman9000
Scroll down on the first post.
I saw those, but 10%? That's it?? That barely qualifies as a discount! Borders regularly hands out 30% and 40% coupons, and their membership costs NOTHING. Holy crap B&N sucks. (for so many reasons)

Damnit! Why couldnt I have gotten Borders gift cards instead?!!
Old 01-07-09, 09:29 AM

^ Yep, 10%. I used them myself (posted right above your first question). Combined with aaa or military.com link, it gets a little better but not much.

VISA/other CC gift cards are the best, can be used anywhere. Tell your family
Old 01-07-09, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cinemaphile
I saw those, but 10%? That's it?? That barely qualifies as a discount! Borders regularly hands out 30% and 40% coupons, and their membership costs NOTHING. Holy crap B&N sucks. (for so many reasons)

Damnit! Why couldnt I have gotten Borders gift cards instead?!!
Borders coupons are not valid off of their SALE prices. B&N coupons are. In fact, B&N.com lets you combine the 6% military discount (or 10% AAA), plus a coupon, plus the sale price. B&N works out cheaper than Borders for their sale items. But if it isn't on sale, they kinda suck, yes...
Old 01-07-09, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
Finally, some good deals at bn.com! All seasons of Alias (except season 1) are $24.99 and they qualify for B2G1F sale.
There was a MSRP price drop on Alias. About time, eh? Dunno what took so long... I unloaded mine for the Complete Series set though...
Old 01-12-09, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

List updated
Old 01-19-09, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bump for list update.
Old 01-22-09, 08:14 AM
Banned

Maybe this has already been discussed in this thread, but can we do go to the store & do a ship-to-home order as we did with past sales, thus combining the online prices with the increased selection (since all in-store titles are supposed to be part of the sale)?

Even if this is possible, still not sure how many really good deals exist...but figure I'd try to find out before wasting a lot of time looking online.

Guess I could call the store & try to find out.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.