Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 01-06-11, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Got my Larry Sanders Show complete yesterday. Thanks to whoever posted that (that post seems to be gone now).
Old 01-06-11, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starman9000
Got my Larry Sanders Show complete yesterday. Thanks to whoever posted that (that post seems to be gone now).
That was me. I noticed that post disappeared. I'm not sure why. I didn't delete it... I got mine yesterday as well. Super bargain!
Old 01-06-11, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
Got my BBS Story today excellent condition. 7 criterion movies under $50 is steal deal
Got mine today! Perfect condition too. Awesome deal!
Old 01-06-11, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
That was me. I noticed that post disappeared. I'm not sure why. I didn't delete it... I got mine yesterday as well. Super bargain!
Thanks Ken.

I went to order it at amazon the literally an hour after the price changed, so was glad to get a second chance.
Old 01-06-11, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Added a couple of new Visa coupons to the list on the first page. Here are the details for both coupons.

Doesn't look like the coupon will work at the Visa link when I tested it.

Visa 20% Off 1 Item Offer Coupon Code R7V9J9N:

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once per billing address online at BN.COM. Customer must make full payment with a Visa card for discount to apply. This coupon is valid from January 6, 2011 to February 7, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

The 20% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.

Visa 25% Off 1 Toy or Game Offer Coupon Code C3X8V8U:

This offer can be redeemed only once per customer, per billing address. This offer is valid only online at BN.com from January 6, 2011 to February 7, 2011 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time. Customer must make full payment with a Visa card for discount to apply. This offer entitles you to the following discount:

--25% off the List price on any eligible toy or game. Only products for which all other discounts combined are less than 30% off the item's list price are eligible.Note: If no "List Price" displays on the item's product page, the discount will be applied to the "Online Price." If "List Price" displays on the item's product page and the current "Online Price" provides greater savings than this offer price, then the "Online Price" will apply.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital eBooks, products available for in store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as "not eligible for coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); and (v) not valid at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. This offer may not be combined with the Educator Discount. Void where prohibited by law.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 01-06-11 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-07-11, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Added a couple of new Visa coupons to the list on the first page. Here are the details for both coupons.
Thanks for these Visa links, Laser. I just used the 20% off one in conjunction with the B2G1F dvd sale. I don't have a Mastercard and I've been a bit bummed lately, so this was good news.
Old 01-07-11, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My trial membership is expiring in a couple of weeks. what's the best way to cancel so I'm not charged.
Old 01-07-11, 10:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One quick question, and I hadn't noticed if this has been already mentioned, so I figured I'd ask, as I'm planning my finances:

When's the B2G1 sale over? I'm hoping for sometime after the 16th...
Old 01-07-11, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nate the Great
One quick question, and I hadn't noticed if this has been already mentioned, so I figured I'd ask, as I'm planning my finances:

When's the B2G1 sale over? I'm hoping for sometime after the 16th...

Buy 2 DVDs, Get 3rd FREE Offer Details:

This offer is only valid on BN.Com from 12:00 A.M EST January 4, and ends February 1, 2011 at 2:59 EST A.M., while supplies last. This Offer may be redeemed once per customer and per billing address. In order to take advantage of this offer, place 3 or more qualifying DVDs or Blu-ray discs in your bn.com shopping cart and the least expensive DVD or Blu-ray disc is yours FREE! Simply look for the following icon on select DVDs or Blu-ray discs:

Your credit for the least expensive DVD or disc will appear at Checkout. Shipping charges may apply.

Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards or eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital eBooks, products available for in store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, applicable sales tax, products marked as "not eligible for Member discounts, coupons or promotional discounts," or any other products other than DVDs or Blu-ray discs bearing the icon (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); and (v) not valid at Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. This offer may not be combined with any other coupon or the Educator Discount. Void where prohibited by law.

Returns or cancellations that affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in a charge for the item of lesser value originally received as free. You will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit, debit or Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. Barnes&Noble.com is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer may be the same as a similar promotion available in Barnes & Noble retail bookstores. Please visit your local Barnes & Noble store for details of that offer. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation.
Old 01-07-11, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GaryO
Thanks for these Visa links, Laser. I just used the 20% off one in conjunction with the B2G1F dvd sale. I don't have a Mastercard and I've been a bit bummed lately, so this was good news.
Don't keep us in suspense, Gary! What did you get?
Old 01-07-11, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
My trial membership is expiring in a couple of weeks. what's the best way to cancel so I'm not charged.
I have a copy of the complete terms and conditions for the 2 month free trial on the first page if you need it but here is the information to cancel below before the trial period ends.

The Free two-month Membership may be cancelled at any time prior to the expiration date of the Free two-month Membership and your credit card will not be charged. In such case, the Free two-month Membership will expire as of the date of cancellation. You can cancel the Free two-month Membership (i) by notifying Member Services by telephone, at 866-238-READ, or (ii) by electing to cancel your Membership through an authenticated www.bn.com account.
Old 01-07-11, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I canceled mine by going into my account settings. It was pretty easy to figure out... Keep in mind that unlike amazon prime, when you cancel your B&N membership it ends immediately. They don't give you until the end of the month or end of your 2-month period... I canceled mine the day before it would have renewed. But you may want to give yourself a day or two extra if you think you may forget.
Old 01-07-11, 03:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
This offer is only valid on BN.Com from 12:00 A.M EST January 4, and ends February 1, 2011 at 2:59 EST A.M.
Thank you, thank you. I have clicked on the "see details" tag on the icon, and all it's been taking me to was a page for "30-50% off TV sets" section. If it was written anywhere else, I've been totally blind to it. Which is also possible, given the week I've had.

Thanks again!
Old 01-07-11, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thank you, thank you. I have clicked on the "see details" tag on the icon, and all it's been taking me to was a page for "30-50% off TV sets" section. If it was written anywhere else, I've been totally blind to it. Which is also possible, given the week I've had.

Thanks again!
You're welcome. I see what you mean. When I clicked the sale icon it took me to the main DVD section. The sale information is there if you know where to look. You can find it on the main DVD section about in the middle of the page were it mentions the B2G1F sale. Just click where it says "see details" on the page.

Old 01-07-11, 06:52 PM

Received 97 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim
I clicked that and it said they would respond within 1 hour about that. Within 30 minutes I got an email saying my order was scheduled to ship that day (1/4) and the order status now showed it was scheduled to ship on 1/4. 9 hours after trying to cancel I finally got a response to that saying it was too late. The order still hasn't shipped and the status page still shows an expected shipping date of 1/4.
All my online attempts failed, but the second phone call with the female rep did the trick. However, I did have a backordered item, so that's likely why I had success canceling my order. Funny enough, they sent out several canned responses to my original cancellation requests telling me it was too late because the order was in the process of shipping (despite listing a new expected ship date of 1/24). These were sent before I even called the second time, so I'm sure I was simply getting the e-mail brush off. Calling got better results, even if I had to talk to a couple different people.

It was shipped in the wrap-around cardboard, not an actual box...
Same here - and apparently the package became unsealed in transit. It arrived with "RECEIVED IN DAMAGED CONDITION" and "RECEIVED UNSEALED" stamped all over the cardboard.

I couldn't figure out the problem, then realized there was shipping tape wrapped all around it, which isn't something B&N normally do with these self-sealing mailers. Amazingly, the set was in great shape. I'm surprised it didn't completely fall out along the way. Never got a shipping notice for it, either
Old 01-08-11, 11:45 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A little followup on my shipping rant from the other day. B&N actually got the package to UPS on the 5th and it started its journey across the country on the 6th (this was an order placed the 3rd/4th). I finally got an email on the 8th with with a tracking number. The B&N site kept showing that it wasn't shipped yet until it finally changed on the 8th. If they would have just sent the notice 3 days ago I wouldn't have had an issue with them. Seems like they are pulling the old DeepDiscount trick of sending out the shipping notice the business day before you receive it to make it seem like they have fast shipping. Or maybe their site just had a glitch, but since they haven't responded to 2 emails I'm guessing not. They didn't used to be like that in my experience. I also wonder if I got too good of a deal by using the Visa link and 25% off MC coupon (thanks!) and they are punishing me for it.
Old 01-08-11, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jim
A little followup on my shipping rant from the other day. B&N actually got the package to UPS on the 5th and it started its journey across the country on the 6th (this was an order placed the 3rd/4th). I finally got an email on the 8th with with a tracking number. The B&N site kept showing that it wasn't shipped yet until it finally changed on the 8th. If they would have just sent the notice 3 days ago I wouldn't have had an issue with them. Seems like they are pulling the old DeepDiscount trick of sending out the shipping notice the business day before you receive it to make it seem like they have fast shipping. Or maybe their site just had a glitch, but since they haven't responded to 2 emails I'm guessing not. They didn't used to be like that in my experience. I also wonder if I got too good of a deal by using the Visa link and 25% off MC coupon (thanks!) and they are punishing me for it.
Since no one else mentioned it I thought I was the only one having this issue with shipments. I had four orders ship this week and noticed B&N has been getting slower and slower on sending shipment emails and updating my order status page. When I received the shipment emails on the first two orders I checked the tracking on the UPS web site and saw they were already well on the way and were due for delivery the next day. The email for the third order was sent out on the day it was out for delivery. The fourth order I never received any emails but it was unexpectedly delivered yesterday. When I checked the order status online it was still listed as open with an expected shipment on January 24. I don't believe B&N is intentionally delaying shipment emails, but obviously they are having problems of some sort with the web site.
Old 01-08-11, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks again!
FYI, just because the sale lasts that long doesn't mean the current titles included in the sale will still be available. They have a history of PULLING titles from the sale, before the sale ends...
Old 01-08-11, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Are they doing the B2G1F in-stores as well? I know the prices won't be the same, but I'm just curious if it is also in stores...
Old 01-08-11, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Are they doing the B2G1F in-stores as well? I know the prices won't be the same, but I'm just curious if it is also in stores...
I haven't been to a store since the sale started so I can't confirm it this time but every other B2G1 sale I remember was also in stores.
Old 01-08-11, 04:27 PM
Banned

I can confirm that the B2G1F is in store. At least in Orange County, CA
Old 01-08-11, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
I can confirm that the B2G1F is in store. At least in Orange County, CA
Thanks, I had a feeling it was, since it was last year... I wonder if they will let me do a B2G1F in-store, if one of the items is a ship to home order. Anyone ever try that?
Old 01-08-11, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jim
I just got my Dec 29 order today and their site still says not shipped, scheduled to ship on Jan 4--I never got a shipping e-mail and my card still hasn't been charged. Hopefully they just forget to charge me as well!
Old 01-08-11, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Don't keep us in suspense, Gary! What did you get?
Picked up 3 CBS/Paramount TV show sets: HGWT S4-V2, HGWT S5-V1, and The Lucy Show S3 (although I was really on the fence with the last one and won't go any further with that series).

Gary "are you getting emails from me, Echo? - I sent one to you the other day" O.
Old 01-08-11, 08:57 PM

Received 97 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle
I just got my Dec 29 order today and their site still says not shipped, scheduled to ship on Jan 4--I never got a shipping e-mail and my card still hasn't been charged. Hopefully they just forget to charge me as well!
They've already billed for my B2G1 order from the other day. There is a pending charge for the BBS set that arrived yesterday. There has yet to be a charge for my Doctor Who S5 set, which I've had for a week and was the only item they sent a shipping notice for.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.