Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

General Costco DVD Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-08, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if the Murnau/Borzage Box will be part of this?
Old 11-13-08, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Costco has the Mel Brooks, Alien Quadrilogy, and other Fox box sets again from last year, next to those big War, Sci-Fi, and Western sets.

-beebs
Old 11-13-08, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt the Murnau/Borzage set will be included in the coupon sale, as it seems it will be these $100 repackaged sets that they'll be discounting. Last year it was great to get "Ford at Fox" with a big fat coupon, but with the way Costco seems to be homogenizing the DVD section lately (favoring single disc versions of new releases when a more elaborate multi-disc set is available, and heavily stocking these repackaged gift sets), I wonder if they'll even carry it. I hope so, but I wonder.

In other news, my Costco had ZERO Walt Disney Treasures sets! Sucks!! I went out there looking specifically for those, but found nothing. How conceivable is it that they completely sold out and filled the empty shelf spot with something else within two days of release?? I'm hoping that they're just dragging their feet on putting them out, but who knows.
Old 11-13-08, 08:13 PM

My Costco in the SF Bay Area (Mountain View) had all the Disney Treasures.

I picked up Dr. Syn: The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh for $21.99. I had purchased the other two Disney Treasure releases at Best Buy under their 2 for $40 deal this Tuesday. This was my first visit to Costco this week, so I can not say when they put them out, but I was surprised to see they had so many of them, given that this wave is a very limited release (39,500 copies).
Old 11-14-08, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Has anyone seen Columbo 1-7 or the Murder She Wrote 1-6 at Costco. The website said they may be available at stores. Like last year.
Old 11-14-08, 01:08 PM

I haven't seen them at Costco, but I did pick them up for 19.99 a set from Best Buy a couple of weeks ago when they had them on sale.
Old 11-17-08, 07:22 PM

Looks like Costco is stocking their DVD section for the holidays.

$5 off Blu-ray coupon, no item limit per coupon, expired Dec 7. Most blu-rays were $25.99, but they had a bigger selection than I've seen before. Titles included Iron Man, National Treasure, 3:10 to Yuma, The Departed, Independence Day, and a bunch more I can't remember.

$25 off Fox Assorted DVD Collections coupon, no item limit per coupon, expires Dec 7.

I might get the studios mixed up here, but I'll give this a shot:

$15.99 for WB TV Sets, $25.99 for Fox TV Sets, $35.99 for WHV TV on DVD sets. Title I remember include most or all seasons of Gilmore Girls, West Wing, 24, and I think Veronica Mars.
Old 11-18-08, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by meglet

I might get the studios mixed up here, but I'll give this a shot:

$15.99 for WB TV Sets, $25.99 for Fox TV Sets, $35.99 for WHV TV on DVD sets. Title I remember include most or all seasons of Gilmore Girls, West Wing, 24, and I think Veronica Mars.
Came back from Costco and can confirm all seasons of West Wing (1-7) Gilmore Girls (1-6) and Nip/Tuck (1-4) are $15.99 each season.

I saw some of the displays with $25.99 and $35.99 but that's way above my price-point for TV seasons so I didn't really look too closely, but I saw lots of 24 and The Unit...

Last edited by JorgeC; 11-18-08 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-18-08, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by JorgeC
Came back from Costco and can confirm all seasons of West Wing (1-7) Gilmore Girls (1-6) and Nip/Tuck (1-4) are $15.99 each season.
I know at least Gilmore Girls are currently $14.99 at amazon.com, which means no tax and no having to deal with the Costco parking lot.
Old 11-20-08, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tropic Thunder and Kung-Fu Panda are $19.99 at Costco. Someone reported the $5 coupon working on top of that pricing for Tropic Thunder, getting the price down to $14.99 + tax.

-beebs
Old 11-20-08, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by beebs
Tropic Thunder and Kung-Fu Panda are $19.99 at Costco. Someone reported the $5 coupon working on top of that pricing for Tropic Thunder, getting the price down to $14.99 + tax.

-beebs
Coupon did not work on Tropic Thunder in Nashua, NH store.
Old 11-21-08, 09:54 AM

General Costco DVD Thread

I saw a selection of Warner box sets for $16.99 yesterday. There were coded on my receipt at BLKFRIDY!

The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection
Bogie & Bacall Signature Collection
Ocean's Eleven/Twelve/Thirteen
The Joan Crawford Collection
James Cagney Signature Collection
Tracy & Hepburn Signature Collection
The Ultimate Vacation Collection
Frank Sinatra: The Golden Years
Old 11-21-08, 10:17 AM

Do they hav Beetlejuice for $19.99?
Old 11-21-08, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts
Originally Posted by beebs

-beebs
I just tried this two hours ago and the $5 BD coupon definitely doesn't work with Tropic Thunder. The register refused to accept the coupon even when scanned because "price doesn't meet minimum price requirement".
Old 11-22-08, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up Tropic Thunder today for $19.99 -- no sign anywhere, but the instant rebate came off automatically (and the $5 coupon doesn't work). A blind buy that will hopefully live up to the praise showered upon it.
Old 11-24-08, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by meglet
$5 off Blu-ray coupon, no item limit per coupon, expired Dec 7. Most blu-rays were $25.99, but they had a bigger selection than I've seen before. Titles included Iron Man, National Treasure, 3:10 to Yuma, The Departed, Independence Day, and a bunch more I can't remember.
I was there last night and there was no signage showing the "select titles". Does anyone know what this coupon actually works with?
Old 11-26-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just received the Costco Connection magazine and I have many deals to post. Spoilered for length-
Spoiler:

December 1 through December 7

$10 Off of HBO TV Assortment

Rome Seasons 1 & 2
John Adams
Band of Brothers(standard and Blu-ray)

$50 Off--Pink Panther DVD Collection

$10 Off--Classic Animated DVD Holiday Gift Set

$25 Off of A&E Mega Set DVD Collections

Pictured--The Universe, The Founding of America, American Originals, The 60's, Military Combat, The Spy Collection

December 8 through December 14

$4 Off DreamWorks Animated DVD assortment with plush on pack

Pictured--Charlotte's Web, Shrek the Halls, Madagascar, The Barnyard

$7 Off of Fox and MGM Assorted Musical Box Sets

Sound of Music
South Pacific
Fiddler on the Roof
West Side Story
The King and I

$10 Off of Universal Assorted Classic DVD Box Sets

Pictured--James Stewart, Preston Sturges, W.C. Fields, Cecil B. DeMille, Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection, Gregory Peck, Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection

$20 Off on Hitchcock Premiere Collection

December 9 through December 14

$20 Off--Buy Lost Season 4 and any other Season of Lost and get $20 off of the total purchase

$30 Off of HBO Complete Series Sets

Deadwood
Get Smart
Sex and the City

December 15 through December 24

$5 Off of Disney DVD Family Assortment

Pictured--TinkerBell, 101 Dalmatians, Aristocats, Jungle Book 2, Sword and the Stone, Snow Buddies, Sleeping Beauty

$5 Off on Warner, Fox, Disney and Sony Blu-ray Discs

Pictured--Ice Age, Phantom of the Opera, Open Season, X3 Last Stand, Across the Universe, Talladega Nights, The Rock, Unbreakable, Last Samurai, The Rookie, Goodfellas, Die Hard

$7 Off of Paramount Blu-ray Discs

Pictured--Iron Man, Transformers, Beowulf, Indiana Jones

$10 Off of Universal Assorted Box Sets

Pictured--Jurrasic Park, Denzel Washington, Bourne Trilogy, Ben Stiller Collection, Romantic Favorites

$15 Off on All James Bond DVD Sets, including Blu-ray

$60 Off of Fox TV and Movie Collections

X-Files
Stargate
Murnau Borzage

$25 Off on Dr. Quinn Complete Series

$50 Off of The Sopranos Complete Series

Also of interest-

$80 Off on the Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player from December 5 through December 14

$50 Off on the Sony BDP-BX1(same as the 350) Blu-ray player from December 14 through December 27

These all appear to be instant savings at the register with no coupon needed.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 11-26-08 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-26-08, 05:36 PM

I saw Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman: The Complete Series Megaset for $129. That is the cheapest price I have seen for this set.
Old 11-26-08, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I just received the Costco Connection magazine and I have many deals to post. Spoilered for length-
Spoiler:

December 1 through December 7

$10 Off of HBO TV Assortment

Rome Seasons 1 & 2
John Adams
Band of Brothers(standard and Blu-ray)

$50 Off--Pink Panther DVD Collection

$10 Off--Classic Animated DVD Holiday Gift Set

$25 Off of A&E Mega Set DVD Collections

Pictured--The Universe, The Founding of America, American Originals, The 60's, Military Combat, The Spy Collection

December 8 through December 14

$4 Off DreamWorks Animated DVD assortment with plush on pack

Pictured--Charlotte's Web, Shrek the Halls, Madagascar, The Barnyard

$7 Off of Fox and MGM Assorted Musical Box Sets

Sound of Music
South Pacific
Fiddler on the Roof
West Side Story
The King and I

$10 Off of Universal Assorted Classic DVD Box Sets

Pictured--James Stewart, Preston Sturges, W.C. Fields, Cecil B. DeMille, Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection, Gregory Peck, Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection

$20 Off on Hitchcock Premiere Collection

December 9 through December 14

$20 Off--Buy Lost Season 4 and any other Season of Lost and get $20 off of the total purchase

$30 Off of HBO Complete Series Sets

Deadwood
Get Smart
Sex and the City

December 15 through December 24

$5 Off of Disney DVD Family Assortment

Pictured--TinkerBell, 101 Dalmatians, Aristocats, Jungle Book 2, Sword and the Stone, Snow Buddies, Sleeping Beauty

$5 Off on Warner, Fox, Disney and Sony Blu-ray Discs

Pictured--Ice Age, Phantom of the Opera, Open Season, X3 Last Stand, Across the Universe, Talladega Nights, The Rock, Unbreakable, Last Samurai, The Rookie, Goodfellas, Die Hard

$7 Off of Paramount Blu-ray Discs

Pictured--Iron Man, Transformers, Beowulf, Indiana Jones

$10 Off of Universal Assorted Box Sets

Pictured--Jurrasic Park, Denzel Washington, Bourne Trilogy, Ben Stiller Collection, Romantic Favorites

$15 Off on All James Bond DVD Sets, including Blu-ray

$60 Off of Fox TV and Movie Collections

X-Files
Stargate
Murnau Borzage

$25 Off on Dr. Quinn Complete Series

$50 Off of The Sopranos Complete Series

Also of interest-

$80 Off on the Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player from December 5 through December 14

$50 Off on the Sony BDP-BX1(same as the 350) Blu-ray player from December 14 through December 27

These all appear to be instant savings at the register with no coupon needed.
That will be a really sweet deal for Band of Brothers on Blu-ray. Their regular price was already really good.
Old 11-26-08, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kefrank
That will be a really sweet deal for Band of Brothers on Blu-ray. Their regular price was already really good.
What is their price? I seem to want to say that it was around $55. Not as good as the DD sale, but you won't have to wait for it to come off of backorder.
Old 11-26-08, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
I might bite on the Murnau Borzage set sooner rather than later.
Old 11-26-08, 09:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw Millenium the Complete Series for $39.99 and Complete Addams Family for $25.99. They had the Mash complete series for $129.
Old 11-26-08, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Qrusher14242
I saw Millenium the Complete Series for $39.99 and Complete Addams Family for $25.99. They had the Mash complete series for $129.
They also have Roswell-Complete Series and Dark Angel-Complete Series for the same $39.99. Roswell is a solid deal as is Millennium because they are three seasons series. Dark Angel is nothing special, being only two seasons.
Old 11-29-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was at Costco today and noticed new sets (at least for me):

Arrested Development: S1 - 3
Futurama: V1 - 4
How I Met Your Mother: S1 - 3
My Name is Earl: S1 -3

Each retails for $49.99. Additionally, they all come with a themed t-shirt (they're all XL)...for instance, Mother comes with an "Awesome University" t-shirt, Development, if I remember correctly, came with a Banana Grabber t-shirt. All the season sets are packaged individually in a simple box (no slipcase, just a box you have to open from the top) with the t-shirt wrapped in plastic inside the box.

Great value, especially for something like Mother, where one season costs $23.99 at Costco. If these deals hold out for a couple of weeks, I'll probably go back and collect Futurama and Development (before people demand I turn in my nerd card, it's a case of where I've seen all the episodes of each show so many times, I question whether I should bother picking up the sets).

I also spotted a Monty Python set that contained the recent film collection release (2-disc editions of Holy Grail, Meaning of Life and Life of Brian) that has its own themed t-shirt and a paperback copy of Monty Python Speaks (excellent book, btw) packaged in; this set also goes for $49.99.

Last edited by GreenVulture; 11-29-08 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-03-08, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts
I just pick up

The Original Christmas Classics DVD Box Set - Limited Keepsake Edition ...(4 disc)
Regular price $23 - $10 total price $13
No coupon needed,good until the 7th or 8th.

Along with my46" LCD TV

First DVD I bought at costco in very long time..

http://classicmedia.3dcartstores.com...n_p_0-112.html

Last edited by JoeySeven; 12-03-08 at 01:31 AM. Reason: why

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.