Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

b2g1f at gamestop/eb??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-07, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b2g1f at gamestop/eb??

I know this is a very trite question but does anyone know when the next sale will be? Everytime I go to the mall I check out the store and there are a lot of wrestling dvds and sets I want but I wanna wait for the sale!

So if there's any employees on the forum or anyone who simply knows, could you please let me know?

Thanks,
Shane
Old 02-07-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Employees don't know until the week or so before, usually. Even then, it could be pulled at the last minute.

Just keep an eye on the forums, there will be a post when the next sale kicks off. I have several friends that work for EB / Gamestop in this area, and one of them always makes sure to call me when the sale is going to start.
Old 02-07-07, 07:30 PM
JMG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was at gamestop today & was told the sale will start on feb 18th or 19th & run for 3 weeks..there was a e-mail they sent out & this sale will only apply to dvds.

like always ymmv & like MovieExchange stated they can always pull it at the last minute...you should ask ur gamestop/eb manager If they have read the e-mail to confirm in ur area.

Last edited by JMG; 02-07-07 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-07-07, 07:53 PM

i cant wait...
Old 02-15-07, 04:16 PM
JMG

I guess the rumors might be true...gamestop/eb no longer will be paying cash for dvd trade ins...that is was a dm is telling me as of today!

wait theres more!...he also said that the b2g1 on dvds will be changed also...the new b2g1 is a ongoing deal & all signs with the 3/$30/$20/$10 are no longer in effect as of this monday..the new deal is dvds will be b2g1 at all times & that is it.

the only good thing about this I'm hoping is that it includes box sets(still needs to be confirmed)

so in closing I can't say I'm a 100% sure on all the above until I hear it from a few more people but I did see the new signs that will replace the old 3/$30/$20/$10 signs

ps...I'm going to go cry now.
Old 02-15-07, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JMG
wait theres more!...he also said that the b2g1 on dvds will be changed also...the new b2g1 is a ongoing deal & all signs with the 3/$30/$20/$10 are no longer in effect as of this monday..the new deal is dvds will be b2g1 at all times & that is it.
Meaning the previous 3 for $10 and B2G1 deal (3 for $6.66) is now B2G1 at $5.99 each (3 for $12)?
Old 02-15-07, 05:36 PM
JMG

yes,from what I was told that is what the plan is.

nothing is 100% until I hear a few more gamestop managers tell me the same thing.

I hope I'm wrong & all the info I got was bogus but it doesn't look good.
Old 02-15-07, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i would accept that trade off as long as box sets are included in the b2g1 sale.
Old 02-15-07, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JMG
yes,from what I was told that is what the plan is.

nothing is 100% until I hear a few more gamestop managers tell me the same thing.

I hope I'm wrong & all the info I got was bogus but it doesn't look good.
If that does indeed turn out to be the case, I'm glad my GS card just expired as I'll never spend enough to justify keeping it.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-15-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kocheese99
i would accept that trade off as long as box sets are included in the b2g1 sale.
I concur.
Old 02-15-07, 08:05 PM
JMG

Originally Posted by Kocheese99

no matter how we look at it we all get screwed on this if it goes down.

example>>pookie & his band of merry thieves will no longer trade in anything if they are not getting payed $$$ to fund there addictions.

NO MORE LIKE NEW DVD BOX SETS & NEW RELEASES!

THE END!
Old 02-15-07, 10:12 PM
Cool New Member

It's really a dumb move as they usually pay ridiculously low prices for dvds that often have scratches here and there. They then sell them for a pretty high price is bought without the discounts. Even with the discounts, I think they still make a little profit.
Old 02-16-07, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

will b2g1f also work for HD/BR discs? They have HD-DVDs for $13.50 with the edge card so 3 for $27 would be nice
Old 02-16-07, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by JMG

example>>pookie & his band of merry thieves will no longer trade in anything if they are not getting payed $$$ to fund there addictions.

THE END!
Hey, im an honest guy
Old 02-16-07, 02:36 AM

I can vouch for him. For what little that's worth.
Old 02-16-07, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The assistant manager at one of my local stores told me the same thing about GameStop no longer paying cash. I haven't heard anything about them doing away w/ the 3 for $10/$20/$30, though.

The current rationale on getting rid of cash for DVD's is that corporate is getting concerned about potential lawsuits from other stores over buying / selling stolen merchandise. While such a lawsuit would not succeed, the cost of it could still damage the company.

Personally I don't think it could damage the company that much, but I don't make the decisions.

FYE gives more in cash than Game Stop, which is why any GS / EB near an FYE always has such a shitty stock of newly stolen movies. Hell, go into GameStop / EB, grab some crappy movies out of their $5.99 / 3 for $10 bin, take 2 of them over to FYE and trade them in for a freshly stolen new release priced at $14.99 or lower.
Old 02-16-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
The current rationale on getting rid of cash for DVD's is that corporate is getting concerned about potential lawsuits from other stores over buying / selling stolen merchandise. While such a lawsuit would not succeed, the cost of it could still damage the company.

Personally I don't think it could damage the company that much, but I don't make the decisions.
Working in the legal field for nearly two decades now, I can assure you that any such lawsuit, since it would be at the corporate level, would be quite expensive for them, regardless of the outcome. Given the fact that people here are so quick to label their inventories of newly-released (yet somehow "used") movies as stolen, it doesn't surprise me one bit that they're making this move for this reason. Quite frankly, it's a wonder it took them this long.
Old 02-16-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JMG

THE END!
crap. I know of a few stores that seem to have a better selection than Best Buy on release day
Old 02-16-07, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, so to sum up... there's not going to be any official sale, they're just revamping the way the pricing is set up, correct?
Old 02-16-07, 05:58 PM

I spoke with a manager today and it seems Sunday is the last day of the current pricing {no more 3 @ $10} and Monday starts the B2G1...

So no more 3 @ $6.66 anymore, they will be 3 for $11.98
Old 02-16-07, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Overall this is a very bad thing if they're getting rid of the 3 for $$$ system. The only positive would be for the occasional time you want two $12.99's and instead of hunting around for a third $12.99 in a mess of things you don't want, you can grab that $9.99 title that you wanted instead.

Of course the point is really moot. If they're ending cash sales then as has been said previously... you won't find new release titles at any GS / EB anymore.
Old 02-16-07, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JMG
pookie & his band of merry thieves will no longer trade in anything if they are not getting payed $$$ to fund there addictions.
You said pookie I've had a rough week at work and that's the funniest thing I've seen all day. What you said is true, though. Us honest folks won't be getting deals from the dishonest anymore...I imagine a percent of those that buy, burn & trade will continue to break the law. I wonder if this will spark a 70-page thread like the Amazon B1G1 philosophical debate
Old 02-17-07, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Stopped in one of the local EB / GS stores last night and it's all 100% true. The employee hadn't heard of all the changes, so he grabbed the new marketing planner and we looked it up. As of Sunday or Monday:

1. A sign will be put up saying that they will no longer pay cash for DVD's. Cash will still be paid for anything else, which employees I talked to think it a dumb idea as the thieves will just move to games or back to memory sticks.

2. The 3 for $10/$20/$30 promotion will be over.

3. B2G1F will be permanent on DVDs only, with new signage.
Old 02-17-07, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I predict that we'll see the $5.99 DVDs really pile up. Heck, I see some of the same DVDs still there time after time and they were never going to move, not even at $6.66 or whatever the lowest price was for three of them. They'll never move at $5.99 now.
Old 02-17-07, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
I predict that we'll see the $5.99 DVDs really pile up. Heck, I see some of the same DVDs still there time after time and they were never going to move, not even at $6.66 or whatever the lowest price was for three of them. They'll never move at $5.99 now.
I've literally seen a few of the same exact copies of titles at stores for the past 14-15 months at the old pricing. A couple of the stores shelves are so overflowed with the $5.99 titles that the shelving has already broke and titles are all over the place making browsing, or even walking in a few foot areas, very cumbersome.

The only time they seemed to sell them in any numbers was during the rare B2G1 sales over the past 11 months (admittedly a very cursory observation though as the only times I tend to visit is during the sales but they always appear to have anywhere from 1.5-2 times the amount of stock in between sales).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.