Reload this Page >

Back! Google $10 off $10 for new users

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Back! Google $10 off $10 for new users

Old 02-14-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by l3ellicoso
That's because the virtual debit bar doesn't come with the 3 digit security code needed for GC.
The virtual debit card has it:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_vdc-intro

I've decided that I'll keep calling them today until one their reps adds me to the beta test. It's a long shot though.

so im guessin you have to be invited to the beta to get the paypal VDC?
Old 02-14-07, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 154 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
Someone from Google Checkout actually just called me to ask me to please stop making accounts.
Was it an 817 or 602 area code? I've gotten two of those the last few days but haven't answered.
Old 02-14-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, it was from a private number. I think these people calling are people Google hired just to take care of all of this to tell you the truth.
Old 02-15-07, 01:35 PM

Wow, didnt know Buy.com shipped its stuff so quickly! Especially since I had mine on budget shipping!

I ordered the soundtrack on Monday and it came today, So in 3 days I got the CD.

Thanks OP.
Old 02-15-07, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheJoker
Wow, didnt know Buy.com shipped its stuff so quickly! Especially since I had mine on budget shipping!
I couldn't get Google checkout to work at Buy.com because The Departed Blu-Ray was on order (1-2 weeks), so I used the Paypal discount instead... and The Departed is shipping out two days after I placed the order! I also get stuff from Buy.com on budget shipping in only a few days.
Old 02-15-07, 03:13 PM

F.Y.I.: CITICARD credit cards can be easily modified to generate virtual account numbers for each purchase one makes online.
Old 02-15-07, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by l3ellicoso
That's because the virtual debit bar doesn't come with the 3 digit security code needed for GC.
The virtual debit card has it:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_vdc-intro

I've decided that I'll keep calling them today until one their reps adds me to the beta test. It's a long shot though.
Ah, I didn't know they had 2 different, yet similar, things. The debit bar has been discontinued I guess:
PayPal's Virtual Debit Bar is no longer active because of the Beta release of PayPal Virtual Debit Card. Although you will no longer be able to use Virtual Debit Bar, you do not need to take any action to deactivate it.
Old 02-15-07, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oops, I got the dreaded email for the first time (to my knowledge). I'm about to go through my recent accounts now... I wonder what orders got cancelled on me!

EDIT: I went through every account I could think of. There were a few that passwords didn't work on, so I assume they closed those. One account had the dreaded email, and NO orders in my history. Another account had an order cancelled, but of all my orders, this was the least important to me. So of the 6 orders placed in the last week that can find, 3 shipped, 2 are still active, and one cancelled. But I can't find one order--it seems to have vanished or be on the cancelled accounts. l'll think of more later, I'm sure...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-15-07 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-15-07, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by TheJoker

I ordered the soundtrack on Monday and it came today, So in 3 days I got the CD.

Thanks OP.
Buy.com's shipping is definetly different with every order. My Fearless HD-DVD shipped in 1 day, took 3 days to get here. My Kingdom of Heaven Blu-ray took 7 weeks to ship and is still somewhere in the mail. Both were supposedly in stock at time of ordering.
Old 02-15-07, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by VALUEMAN
F.Y.I.: CITICARD credit cards can be easily modified to generate virtual account numbers for each purchase one makes online.
Really? I will look into that, thank you.
Old 02-15-07, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by jackson walker
Really? I will look into that, thank you.
Working like a charm with my Citi AAdvantage card.
Old 02-15-07, 11:39 PM

What do I look for on Citibank's website to do that?
Old 02-16-07, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Geist
What do I look for on Citibank's website to do that?
ya i'd kinda like to know that too! please do share!
Old 02-16-07, 07:32 AM

The following is the page on the Citi website where it discusses virtual account numbers and then you can go to the links presented therein:

http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/de...o?screenID=700

Last edited by VALUEMAN; 02-16-07 at 07:36 AM.
Old 02-16-07, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

what's the best kinda card to apply for if you're a semi-poor college student?
Old 02-16-07, 09:55 AM

If you fly AA airlines and there is a card for first year fee free, you can convert the card to the Cita AA bronze card that is entirely fee free (can only do so once you were another AA card holder) and you will also earn 1 mile per $2.

Initial sign up yields bonus miles, typically 15,000 plus fee free and earning of 1 mile per $.

I don't know about the other cards. Suggest you look into them.
Old 02-16-07, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 321 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
what's the best kinda card to apply for if you're a semi-poor college student?
Please tell me you aren't signing up for a credit card just to take advantage of the google checkout deal. If not, Citi has a really good Drivers Edge card for students. I used that when I was in school. It had a fairly nice limit for a college student, 6 months 0% interest, 3% back on all food and gas, 1% back on all other purchases, and $.01 for every mile you drive. Just make sure you understand how credit works before signing up for any credit cards. Also, under no circumstance should you ever sign up for a Capital One card.
Old 02-16-07, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by John Galt
Please tell me you aren't signing up for a credit card just to take advantage of the google checkout deal. If not, Citi has a really good Drivers Edge card for students. I used that when I was in school. It had a fairly nice limit for a college student, 6 months 0% interest, 3% back on all food and gas, 1% back on all other purchases, and $.01 for every mile you drive. Just make sure you understand how credit works before signing up for any credit cards. Also, under no circumstance should you ever sign up for a Capital One card.

May i ask what's wrong with a capital one card???
Old 02-16-07, 11:56 AM

They dont report your credit limit, only the max you have ever charged on the card which screws up your credit score. Ex. you can have a $5000 limit but if the most you have ever charged is $1000 and you normally keep about $500 on the card your debt/available credit ratio is 50% vs 10%.
Old 02-16-07, 01:08 PM

What's in your wallet? ARRRGH!
Old 02-16-07, 04:04 PM

I made two orders with dvdplanet on different days and received my shipped notices from them on two different days. Both orders showed up today in the same package.
Old 02-16-07, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by John Galt
How do they give you $.01 for every mile you drive? That sounds cool, but I can't see how they could do it.
Old 02-16-07, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by getjazzedman
How do they give you $.01 for every mile you drive? That sounds cool, but I can't see how they could do it.
No kidding! If that was the case, I'd tell them I drove 8 zillion miles this month!
Old 02-16-07, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by VALUEMAN
The following is the page on the Citi website where it discusses virtual account numbers and then you can go to the links presented therein:

http://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/de...o?screenID=700
Cool. I access my account thru Citibank.com and they didn't show that as an option. Thanks.

But anyway, I signed up for it at Citicards.com, tried it out, submitted an order that went through...

...and was promptly cancelled by Google a few hours later.

Don't know what the deal is. Maybe Google is monitoring this board.
Old 02-16-07, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by getjazzedman
You have to send in mileage submission forms and copies of service receipts that show mileage and VIN.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.