Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Back! Google $10 off $10 for new users

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Back! Google $10 off $10 for new users

Old 02-12-07, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for this thread!

I forgot all about this and I was just looking for the best price on the Doctor Who soundtrack. Saw this and found that Buy.com had it for $12.98!

Signed up and got the CD for $4.88! Made my day
Old 02-12-07, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Yep, I have occasionally received the error page and try to back out of it. I have had more success using IE as well.
how many attempts does it take? and if they have banned your credit card from being used on GCO...does that mean i got no chance of getting thru?
Old 02-13-07, 01:24 PM

I didnt know if it was allowed but I used a debit Giftcard I got for my Brithday and it works cause my items were shipped and my card was charged!
Old 02-13-07, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
..and if they have banned your credit card from being used on GCO...does that mean i got no chance of getting thru?
Does your card have a provision for single use numbers? If so then generate a new temp card but be sure to allow a little extra in the max amount you set.
Old 02-14-07, 08:49 AM

I have no idea how some of you guys are getting the PayPal Virtual Debit Card to work with the Google checkout. Everytime I try to use it (with a different account and a different virtual number everytime), I get the page saying that my credit card was declined. However they STILL charge my PayPal account for the cost of the item itself AND a $1.00 authorization charge. I've lost around $30 trying to figure out how you guys are getting this to work. How are some of you getting this to work and does anyone know if after a few days will all these $1.00 charges be reimbursed back into my account?
Old 02-14-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

1) Sign up using the PayPal VDC.

2) As soon as you sign up, go to checkout.google.com and you'll see the error message.

3) Go click on the error message in red, and go in and click where it says you can edit the payment method.

4) For the month, put a zero before the single number. For the phone number, but a - after the first three numbers.

5) Save the information, and you'll be able to place an order.

6) This must be done BEFORE you try to place an order with the newly created account. You will be charged two $1 temp charges that will fall off, every time you do this.
Old 02-14-07, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheJoker
I didnt know if it was allowed but I used a debit Giftcard I got for my Brithday and it works cause my items were shipped and my card was charged!

This also works. Buy an American Express GC and use it...
Old 02-14-07, 10:35 AM

Has anyone acquired Paypal VDC access by requesting an invite (through calling or e-malil) ??

Amex dropped their virtual card service a few years ago, and my bank doesn't seem to offer one, so I'm out of alternatives..
Old 02-14-07, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, back when the other $10 off $10 GC deal was going on, I didn't have the VDC on my account either. I called them a few times asking what was up, I had no idea since a link to it was showing up on my profile but it only refreshed the page, and while they did say that it was a random thing, and they add more people all the time, they said I didn't have it at the time. Then, when this new GC deal started, I noticed that I had it on my account now and could download it. Who knows if my asking them about it had anything to do with them giving it to me, but maybe it did.
Old 02-14-07, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 312 Likes on 223 Posts
I didn't read this thread and tried one order with the Paypal VC. How do you know if it went through? It initially declined the order and then I went to "edit your information" and tried it again and now it says "CD Universe received your order." I have a pending charge for the correct amount. Did this go through or do I need to call and give them a different number?
Old 02-14-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Someone from Google Checkout actually just called me to ask me to please stop making accounts. There's no harm done really, I just don't think I'm going to do it anymore. They said my original account will still be active, and it's all cool. They just asked me nicely not to do it anymore. They said they sent me a few emails, but since I use email accounts that I never check after an order is placed and confirmed, I never saw them, and I told them that. They were really nice about it though, so I'll give in this time.
Old 02-14-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
Someone from Google Checkout actually just called me to ask me to please stop making accounts. There's no harm done really, I just don't think I'm going to do it anymore. They said my original account will still be active, and it's all cool. They just asked me nicely not to do it anymore. They said they sent me a few emails, but since I use email accounts that I never check after an order is placed and confirmed, I never saw them, and I told them that. They were really nice about it though, so I'll give in this time.
Ha ha, you used your real phone number!
Old 02-14-07, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I created a separate topic about it (because this one is hard to keep up with) but today or tomorrow is your last day to sign up for the bonus (which can be used through the end of March).
Old 02-14-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, they did tell me that if they weren't able to contact me they were going to shut down my main Google account as well, and that they wouldn't allow me to sign up again to use any future offers that is available to people who are already members, so I guess a part of me is glad that I did give my real number (cell phone).

They did also tell me to keep my eyes open for the old deals to return "in the future", so who knows.
Old 02-14-07, 12:03 PM

You should have told them you would stop if they would make the coupon multiple use
Old 02-14-07, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok trying to narrow down some blind buys here, any suggestions appreciated.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - UE
This film is not yet rated
the Departed
Idiocracy
Old Boy
Trainspotting

Any other suggestions appreciated.
Old 02-14-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Were you doing the new email, new card number (virtual or real) each time? Also, how many accounts are we talking about?

Lately, I have been doing a bunch of accounts (the emails all get filtered thru my main one) and have not received anything asking me to stop.
Old 02-14-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, new email, new card# (virtual) each time. Maybe they tied it together using my name and phone number. And we're talking around 20 accounts.
Old 02-14-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They did also tell me to keep my eyes open for the old deals to return "in the future", so who knows.
I'm not sure my wallet can handle the $20 off $50 at Buy.com coming back...
Old 02-14-07, 12:21 PM

Brent, they didn't say anything about your "wife" signing up for anymore accounts did they?
Old 02-14-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep, new email, new card# (virtual) each time. Maybe they tied it together using my name and phone number. And we're talking around 20 accounts.
Once they've closed your other accounts, I'd be interested in finding out what happens when you try to access them. Do you get an error message not letting you in, or a warning once you are in?
Old 02-14-07, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

see im not sure HOW YOU GUYS CAN FIND THE PAYPAL VDC! i have looked over and over again in my "profile" and under "financial information" and i can't seem to find it...could someone help me?! PLEASE?!
Old 02-14-07, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
see im not sure HOW YOU GUYS CAN FIND THE PAYPAL VDC! i have looked over and over again in my "profile" and under "financial information" and i can't seem to find it...could someone help me?! PLEASE?!
Go to www.paypal.com/vdebit and login... But I have never been able to get this to work with Google checkout...
Old 02-14-07, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Go to www.paypal.com/vdebit and login... But I have never been able to get this to work with Google checkout...
That's because the virtual debit bar doesn't come with the 3 digit security code needed for GC.
The virtual debit card has it:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_vdc-intro

I've decided that I'll keep calling them today until one their reps adds me to the beta test. It's a long shot though.
Old 02-14-07, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by John Galt
I didn't read this thread and tried one order with the Paypal VC. How do you know if it went through? It initially declined the order and then I went to "edit your information" and tried it again and now it says "CD Universe received your order." I have a pending charge for the correct amount. Did this go through or do I need to call and give them a different number?
Yes, it went through.

I haven't received a call from Google yet, I'm surprised. Maybe I'll go through my email accounts and see if I've got any messages.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.