Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(dead) ROME for $20 at Suncoast!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-06, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
I am definitely not gonna be upset if it doesnt work, BUT it might be worth a try to put on a show for suncoast and see what happens.
Especially since the email that was sent lied about the consumer cancelling the order. Why would I cancel my order?
Old 08-15-06, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yea, I would definitely say something about that.
Old 08-15-06, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think suncoast is worth bitching at
cheers to the lot of you.
I was on the END of my lunch break and it gave me a huge hassle over my address (I go by my initials so I ship things to them, and in my hurry to order before my break ended and before the deal fell through, I didn't put 2&2 together and realize that was probably all I needed to change...)
Old 08-15-06, 04:41 PM

Mine is still processing.
Old 08-15-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't they have to honor it if it was a misprint on their part?
If only it were that easy...
Old 08-15-06, 04:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats to those who got in on the deal (I was mowing 2 yards when I would normally have done a morning "bargain" check...alas). For those who bought it as a blind buy, you got a fantastic deal on it. I plan to buy or trade for it from a local flea market DVD supplier...my usual source of affordable HBO series. Even then, it'll probably cost me $55 new or $40 used in a month or so. So if any of you get the deal to go through and decide you want to get rid of it, I'll gladly pay you $25-$30 (shipping included) for your opened copy. So don't worry...you won't lose any money on this deal.
Old 08-15-06, 04:57 PM
Cool New Member

I just received a shipping email, even though the order status email said "Your order did not ship due to CANCELLED BY CONSUMER." I selected Fedex overnight shipping.

I placed my order 10:04 AM PST.
Old 08-15-06, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow
Especially since the email that was sent lied about the consumer cancelling the order. Why would I cancel my order?
Does it really matter? Their software probably requires a "reason" for the order cancellation, and "Price Error" is probably not available as an option, so they selected "Consumer cancelled order". Would it be any easier to swallow if they had selected "Item discontinued"? We all understand that you're looking for some reason to get upset and demand that they fill the order, but this was a simple price error, and I tried, the same as everyone else who got in on time, but if it doesn't work out, it just doesn't work out. You might be able to wrangle a $10 GC or something out of suncoast, but they aren't "lying" about anything.

FWIW, I think calling was beyond stupid, it's like seeing a beautiful woman in a bikini with one breast exposed and walking up to her and saying "Excuse me, I just wanted to make sure you realized you have one breast exposed," and then acting surprised when every other male on the beach beats you to a pulp.
Old 08-15-06, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Yo Mama
I just received a shipping email, even though the order status email said "Your order did not ship due to CANCELLED BY CONSUMER." I selected Fedex overnight shipping.

I placed my order 10:04 AM PST.
This is fantastic news. I chose 2 day shipping.
Old 08-15-06, 05:15 PM

Congrats to all who got in on this deal. I can't belive it missed it. I thought I was lucky to get in on the a few Desperate Housewives for $19 @CompUSA, but this deal blows that out of the water.
Old 08-15-06, 05:20 PM

Got my shipping confirmation email...I chose 2 day shipping. YAY!!
Old 08-15-06, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by icarwngs55
Got my shipping confirmation email...I chose 2 day shipping. YAY!!
w00t!! Me too.
Old 08-15-06, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Shoveler
Congrats! What shipping method did you select?
2-Day FedEx... Just received the official ship message with the tracking number.

Last edited by Adboy151; 08-15-06 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-15-06, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gah, still waiting for mine.
Old 08-15-06, 06:13 PM
X
Administrator

Received 169 Likes on 132 Posts
According to X, its the same guy, so he did a good deed, then did something stupid.
To set the record straight, nuisance contacted me and said that he and JordanGLC used the same computer to post. So they're different people.
Old 08-15-06, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ocelot
i don't think calling in and telling them the price mistake has any impact on cancelling or honoring the order. as a matter of fact i think it's a good move, here's why.....
You're high. Two things nix a deal like this, idiots calling the place and idiots buying 100 copies to sell on e-bay. And $25 is the cheapest you'll see this set for at least two years.
Old 08-15-06, 06:51 PM

i never got an order email at all...maybe I screwed up...should have written down the order number DOH!
Old 08-15-06, 09:28 PM

I just came home from work and found my shipping confirmation and tracking #, I also chose the 2-day (learned that lesson years ago )
Old 08-15-06, 09:42 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by X
To set the record straight, nuisance contacted me and said that he and JordanGLC used the same computer to post. So they're different people.
Thanks for posting this X.

A little background on how this thread came to be:

I pop my head into my friend's office this morning to say 'sup and we shoot the shit awhile. He's in a great mood and he tells me that he just made a major score on Rome for $20. I'm thinking he got a used set or something (I wasn't aware that it was released today), but he tells me he got it online at Suncoast of all places. I ask him to pull up the link and there it is, $19 freakin' 99 for Rome. It was then that he said he called to make sure the price was legit. The girl he spoke to said it was so he placed his order.

It was then that I thought, "I got to share this great news with the reasonable, level-headed members of DVDTalk." You know, members that would make posts such as:
Originally Posted by cdollaz
People actually called them? WTF????
Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE ahem... apparently
No kidding, just keep your mouth shut and order.
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
no sh!t ... why call? worst case you place the order, the don't honor it, you cancel it. of COURSE its a misprice ya friggin' narcs!
Originally Posted by JiM T
Yup. Fixed. Thanks for calling, folks!
Originally Posted by stingermck
Why do people call? Is it just intentional sabotage?
Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
Thanks to JordanGLC for posting this great deal.

But no thanks to Nuisance for calling Suncoast and possibly ruining it.
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I doubt he really called. He is lowenbotten. He posts annoying messages all the time, and when he gets banned, he creates a new account. This is his 4th account so far...
According to X, its the same guy, so he did a good deed, then did something stupid.
WTF dude, c'mon.
Originally Posted by Minor Threat
Sounds like an attention whore to me.....
I'll spare you what you sound like to me.
Originally Posted by exharrison
Stupid happens.
Yes, and could there be anything more stupid than jumping to a conclusion?
Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez
I propose a motion to ban those who called in if my order is cancelled.
Originally Posted by IHaveNoLIFE
Haha, I second that motion.
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow
I second that motion.
Gotta love that mob mentality
Originally Posted by Xbox69
I bet these are the same people who find money on the street and turn it in to the police.
Woohoo, Xbox69's got jokes!
Originally Posted by pinata242
"Miss Jones! You forgot to assign us any homework!"
another comedian
Originally Posted by Shoveler
FWIW (ABSOLUTELY NOTHING), I think calling was beyond stupid, it's like seeing a beautiful woman in a bikini with one breast exposed and walking up to her and saying "Excuse me, I just wanted to make sure you realized you have one breast exposed," and then acting surprised when every other male on the beach beats you to a pulp.
Bottom line, there would have been NO THREAD AT ALL if my friend nuisance hadn't shared the information with me in the first place. He called Suncoast BEFORE this thread was started. I'm guessing he saw that people posting to this thread were having questions about the price so he took it upon himself to register as a member of this fine forum to add some information. You know, TO BE HELPFUL!!!!!!

I regret sharing this info now for several reasons, but the main reason is that I may have blew it for nuisance to get Rome at this price in my attempt to do something nice for members of DVDTalk.

You're welcome.
Old 08-15-06, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ANYWAYS, did anyone who ordered for the 19.99 not get a confirmation today?
Old 08-15-06, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

JordanGLC , thanks for your original post. As for calling, it's normally not a great idea but it's not necessarily bad either - your posting of the deal of course trumps all. Oddly, the response to this deal is much larger than the $1.99 price for Everybody Loves Raymond season finale.

Anyway, my order for one copy says that it is still processing. I'm guessing it won't go through, but if it does I'll be happy. If the question about confirmation means the e-mail confirmation that the order was placed - yes, I received that one.
Old 08-15-06, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mine still says processing. I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
Old 08-15-06, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Errr, I meant shipment confirmation/tracking number. My bad.
Old 08-15-06, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by edstein
Mine still says processing. I'm getting a bad feeling about this.
You guys have to keep the faith! This is the same company that shipped out the first three seasons of the Sopranos for $16 a couple of summers ago.
Old 08-15-06, 10:28 PM
X
Administrator

Received 169 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by JordanGLC
Thanks for posting this X.
No need to thank me for correcting my error.

In order to avoid this type of situation we have a rule about letting us know if you're sharing a computer with somebody else. You can see what happens when we find out first. I'm sorry for the confusion this caused.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.