Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Treasury Editions & Oversized Comic Books

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-20, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 605 Likes on 350 Posts
Re: Treasury Editions & Oversized Comic Books

My New Fun #1 arrived yesterday! It's beautiful and BIG - almost an inch larger than the others. I haven't removed the plastic wrap yet, so I can't comment on the contents. But I'm looking forward to reading it!
Old 09-14-23, 03:12 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Mail call! Loved Treasuries back in their day, but somehow lost them over the years. I have no memory or when or how. Quite perplexing, since I tend to save everything. So I’ve been reacquiring them as I find them cheap, which is getting hard to do. Want them all obviously, at least the DC ones. Almost bought the House of Mystery one at my shop, but it’s one of the pricier ones and his was in great condition so way out of my $10 per desire. Searched ebay on a whim and found this 50 Treasury lot for less than $10 per book even after tax and shipping. It includes the pricey Muhammad Ali issue, both horror titles, and the three Rudolph ones I was missing. I have a lot of doubles now, so if any of you collect Treasuries let me know.

picture won’t upload, let me try again…..
The following 2 users liked this post by Trevor:
majorjoe23 (09-14-23), PhantomStranger (09-15-23)
Old 09-15-23, 08:03 AM

Old 09-15-23, 08:04 AM

Sorry, just testing. It won’t let me upload the picture of my 50 treasury comics, error message about a missing security token, but maybe it’s too large?

used to say that reason in the past though. Hmmm
Old 09-15-23, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Wow, nice pricing on that lot. Earlier this summer I got a hankering for Bronze Age DC issues in general and have picked up a fair number of Treasury editions along the way. They do make comic book bags and boards explicitly sized for Treasuries. They are one of the cooler collectibles from that era of comics. The biggest issue for me is storing them, which is why I haven't gone whole hog and picked them all up.

If you had any Rudolph duplicates, I'm here.
Old 09-15-23, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Wow, nice pricing on that lot. Earlier this summer I got a hankering for Bronze Age DC issues in general and have picked up a fair number of Treasury editions along the way. They do make comic book bags and boards explicitly sized for Treasuries. They are one of the cooler collectibles from that era of comics. The biggest issue for me is storing them, which is why I haven't gone whole hog and picked them all up.

If you had any Rudolph duplicates, I'm here.
A few years ago I bought 100 bags and boards, glad I did so before the prices went up. That should hold me for awhile, though if I continue my quest to get them all I’ll need more.

The Rudolph ones were a priority for me, with my holiday obsession and all. This lot worked out perfectly, as I had two of the five Rudolph treasuries and this lot had three and it was the other three! I’ll let you all know of any doubles I end up with.
The following users liked this post:
PhantomStranger (09-15-23)