Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Old 12-09-18, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Comic Book Bargains & Hot Deals

Any suggestions on what book to use it on? (preferably an OHC book).
I noticed that Dark Knights Metal was 51% off; some Marvel OHCs are at 36% off.
Old 12-09-18, 07:40 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

I’ve been using these book promos to buy the Hellboy library series.
Old 12-28-18, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

This won’t really do anyone else any good, but my local shop was doing 80% off their comics already on clearance. So basically half off cover, then 80% off that price.

I just got $290 worth of graphic novels for $27.
Old 12-28-18, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 12-29-18, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It appears that Ollie's still had new stock in reserve from the large DC and Marvel wave early in 2018. I just came back from an Ollie's with new DC stuff I had never seen before at any location. The shelves were absolutely stuffed with new inventory.

Batman: Noir Deluxe Edition
Convergence hardcover
Wonder Woman Volume 3 New 52 hardcover
Batman/Superman various volumes paperbacks (highly recommended)
Bruce Wayne: Fugitive trade
Various Blackest Night era trades
Supergirl by Peter David trade
Wonder Woman '77 volumes 1 and 2
Some huge hardcover celebrating the 100 best moments in Justice League history.

There were also new Marvel selections, but I have much less interest in newish Marvel these days.
Old 01-03-19, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Comic book fans may want to check out the art section of their local HomeGoods. A batch of new wall art encased in glass frames has shown up once again, but this time even bigger at 19" by 25". They go for $24.99 and have a small variety of DC and Marvel covers.

I picked up the framed cover to Justice League of America #217. Bronze Age goodness at its finest. They also had the famous Superman Vs Wonder Woman Treasury Edition cover by Garcia-Lopez.

Old 01-05-19, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
It appears that Ollie's still had new stock in reserve from the large DC and Marvel wave early in 2018. I just came back from an Ollie's with new DC stuff I had never seen before at any location. The shelves were absolutely stuffed with new inventory.

Batman: Noir Deluxe Edition

Convergence hardcover

Wonder Woman Volume 3 New 52 hardcover

Batman/Superman various volumes paperbacks (highly recommended)

Bruce Wayne: Fugitive trade

Various Blackest Night era trades

Supergirl by Peter David trade

Wonder Woman '77 volumes 1 and 2

Some huge hardcover celebrating the 100 best moments in Justice League history.

There were also new Marvel selections, but I have much less interest in newish Marvel these days.

Thanks for the heads up! I picked up:

Suicide Squad: The Silver Age Omnibus Volume 1 - a $50 hardcover for $10.

Camelot 3000: Deluxe Edition Hardcover - Never read this. I haven't cared much for the stuff that I've read but Mike W. Barr, but I do love Brian Bolland's art. $7 for a $35 book.

Silver Surfer: New Dawn - Not a big fan of Dan Slott, but I love Mike Allred. I think this is the first volume of their run, nut it's hard to keep track with Marvel's constant renumbering.

Thor: Godbomb and The Mighty Thor: Thunder In Her Veins Hardcovers - I've been reading Jason Aaron's run on Thor thanks to my local library, and I absolutely love it. I've got the last three books of the female Thor left to read before I'm caught up on the graphic novels. I definitely want this run in my personal collection and since there are any omnibuses available yet, I was happy to pick these up at a discounted price. (again with the Marvel numbering madness! Godbomb is book 2. Thunder in her Veins is Volume 1 of The Mighty Thor, the third - or fifth if you count event tie-ins - of the Female Thor, and the seventh book of Aaron's Thor run.)

Capyain Marvel: Stay Fly - I've seen meaning to read more by Kelly Sue Deconnick. Big fan of Bitch Planet (if it still exists). Didn't like Pretty Deadly at all. This will be the first of her superhero stuff that I read. (Book is labelled volume 2, but I believe is actually volume 4 or 5 of Deconnick's run.)

Miracleman: Olympus Hardcover - Still have the single issues and trade for Eclipse but they're pretty worn out from constant reading and lending to others. Nice to have a replacement.

Also saw but didn't purchase Original Sin (hard and softcovers available), Bill & Ted hardcover by Evan Dorkin, Superman: For All Seasons, lots of Wonder Woman New 52 collections by Brian Azzarello (loved that book but I know reaction was strongly divided), Various Batman and Avengers books.
Old 01-06-19, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Amazon has the kindle version of Marvel: The Untold Story for $1.99

Amazon Amazon

And even better, the Kirby: King of Comics Anniversary Edition is $2.99 and you get 75% credit back on your purchase

https://www.amazon.com/Kirby-Comics-Anniversary-Mark-Evanier-ebook/dp/B0747LK4MR/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&fbclid=IwAR3b-n4sDYooVhr5FCnkz8pDbMPsOkmLiVsF_JHlxtDR5JaDdYWavSKbFvo&storeType=ebooks https://www.amazon.com/Kirby-Comics-Anniversary-Mark-Evanier-ebook/dp/B0747LK4MR/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&fbclid=IwAR3b-n4sDYooVhr5FCnkz8pDbMPsOkmLiVsF_JHlxtDR5JaDdYWavSKbFvo&storeType=ebooks
Old 01-06-19, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Gamblor187 View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I picked up:

Camelot 3000: Deluxe Edition Hardcover - Never read this. I haven't cared much for the stuff that I've read but Mike W. Barr, but I do love Brian Bolland's art. $7 for a $35 book.
I would have loved to picked up the Camelot 3000 hardcover. I didn't see it at the one location I visited.