Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Comics Thread for June

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boredsilly
That sounds really interesting. I'll be sure to pick that up when it comes out. Also reminds me to buy the next few "True Story, Swear to God" trades.
Oh man, wait 'til you hear the rest of the talent. This is gonna be fantastic. If the readers enjoy the stories half as much as the creators enjoyed making them, the anthology will do well.
Old 06-07-06, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well you can skip the Superman Returns issue that came out today if you've seen the original film. It's pretty much a fascimile of the opening shot to Marlon Brando to Kal-El's crash on Earth. It looks pretty though. I guess I thought these issues were going to be all original prequels. Anyway I feel ripped off.
Old 06-07-06, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So who picked up the 25-cent Star Wars Legacy preview, and what are your thoughts?
Old 06-07-06, 02:15 PM

I feel ripped off on that too and it was practically free. Keep in mind I haven't read a Star Wars comic since 1997.
Old 06-07-06, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think that I'm dropping FNSM. Peter David's one of my favorite authors, but this is easily some of his worst work, the plots are too simplified and almost child-like. Despite starting out as part of the big Spider-crossover and despite Peter wearing the Tony Stark spider-suit, this series feels like it is not connected to regular Spider-Man continuity at all.
FNSM was on top of my list of books that I want to read but cant because the premise sucks. The first issue was part of a larger crossover, which was a huge mistake. Since then i've read a few DCP issues and find it really lacking. If JMS wasn't el capitan of the Spider-books I think it would be better. I've been waiting years for a David/Weirengo Spider-man book.

This week's Walking Dead was incredible. Then again, why am I not surprised?
Old 06-07-06, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Superboy
Since then i've read a few DCP issues and find it really lacking. If JMS wasn't el capitan of the Spider-books I think it would be better. I've been waiting years for a David/Weirengo Spider-man book.

Did JMS force PAD into writing the stalker blog issue or the Mexican wrestling arc?
Old 06-07-06, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What was wrong with the Star Wars preview?
Old 06-07-06, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My books were waiting for me ...However, Im not sure if I should be happy or not because the guy just basically left the package for the whole apt. building to take. But, it worked out so I'm glad now .
Old 06-07-06, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wonder Woman #1... holy crap. They brought back
Spoiler:
Diana Prince, Secret Agent.

Other than that, it felt a little "gee, let's bring out everybody for the show!"
Old 06-07-06, 05:54 PM

The Star Wars preview was just pictures with text explaining people and places of this new series. It was only 25 cents though, so who cares. It doesn't make me want to get into Star Wars comics again though.
Old 06-07-06, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was also surprised with WW #1. I remember reading some of those old Diana Prince issues...they were god-awful back then, so let's hope they can do something good with it.
Old 06-07-06, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did JMS force PAD into writing the stalker blog issue or the Mexican wrestling arc?
Actually, I liked those two storylines. Then again, I hate pretentious spider-man stories, so these two were a good bit of fun.
Old 06-07-06, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Superboy
Actually, I liked those two storylines. Then again, I hate pretentious spider-man stories, so these two were a good bit of fun.
Sorry, I misunderstood your statement. I thought you meant that you pirated the last couple issues of FNSM, not The Other.
Old 06-07-06, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My 13 issue order will be at my LCS on Friday just in time for the start of my weekend .
Old 06-07-06, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by DGibFen
Wonder Woman #1... holy crap. They brought back
Spoiler:
Diana Prince, Secret Agent.

Other than that, it felt a little "gee, let's bring out everybody for the show!"
That last page was a really nice surprise...I was not expecting to see
Spoiler:
the white outfit
ever again, but I'm looking forward to seeing where they'll go with it.
Old 06-07-06, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry, I misunderstood your statement. I thought you meant that you pirated the last couple issues of FNSM, not The Other.
No, you were right, i hated the Other and 99% of JMS' run, but I liked some of the latest issues of FNSM. Like I said...I hate pretentious Spider-stories.
Old 06-08-06, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Question for those who order comics the "old fashioned" way (through Previews). If you keep track of what you order on the computer, how do you do it?

My fiance made up an Excel [?] spreadsheet a while back, but I lost it and she's too busy for me to ask her to throw one together again.
Old 06-08-06, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Question for those who order comics the "old fashioned" way (through Previews). If you keep track of what you order on the computer, how do you do it?

My fiance made up an Excel [?] spreadsheet a while back, but I lost it and she's too busy for me to ask her to throw one together again.
I have a folder on my desktop called "Previews Orders," and inside are files for each month that I currently have an order for (based on shipping date, not order). Each file is separated into DC, Marvel and other. DC & Marvel are in alphabetical, the rest are listed by what page they're on in the Previews catalogue. I give a printout of this list to the comic shop as my order form. When I come into work on Wednesday with my new books, I delete the ones I jsut bought from the list. At the end of the month, I carry over any books that haven't arrived yet and add them to the next list, and bring a new print-out to the comic shop.
Old 06-08-06, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I feel so behind...Finally read the first issue of 52. Not too bad, luckily I have stayed away and not read much about it so I didnt know how it was going to play out, but it will be interesting to see where it heads.
Old 06-08-06, 08:19 AM
Banned

I have never been a fan or reader of Wonder Woman but yesterday I gave the new WW #1 a shot and I have to admit it was pretty damn good! I am not familiar with Donna Troy at all, is there a one shot or special that tells her story?
Old 06-08-06, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
I feel so behind...Finally read the first issue of 52. Not too bad, luckily I have stayed away and not read much about it so I didnt know how it was going to play out, but it will be interesting to see where it heads.
I'm way, way behind then. I haven't touched a thing related to Infinite Crisis yet, though I have all the prequals & so forth.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through Batman Dark Detective and I must say, I hate it! The dialogue is horrendous and I've not been a fan of Terry Austin's inks since, I don't know, some time in the 90's? How did he go from his quality and style on the X-Men to this???
Old 06-09-06, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So far, the back-up story in 52 seems like a complete waste of space for those of us who've already read these events before. They always seem to assume people will pick up a trade to fill in the gaps they need in a storyline, why not here?
Old 06-12-06, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just can't seem to get involved in Checkmate. Anybody else having a hard time getting excited about it?

Edit: Also, on Invincible....next month is finally the storyline to tie-in to the Marvel Team-Up issue. Between the intentional gap in those issues and the incredible lateness of Invincible, I can't even remember the details of MTU anymore.

Last edited by Chew; 06-12-06 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-12-06, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Invincible hasn't been THAT late. It's about 4 months behind schedule total i'd say. i've resigned myself to the fact that the Ultimates is never going to finish.
Old 06-12-06, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone know if they still plan to release the second Invincible oversized hardcover collection?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.