Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target deals

Old 03-08-19, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
It looks like Target.com may be eliminating many of the Blu-rays they carry. If you peruse the site, thousands of media items from it have disappeared literally overnight.
In the last week my local Target removed their separate "Family" video rack and consolidated them with the other blu-rays and DVDs.
Old 03-08-19, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If Target.com does get out of the business of selling media, it gives Amazon even more power to hold over media consumers. They were one of the few websites that Amazon was matching during hot sales and the Christmas shopping season.
Old 03-08-19, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Oh, right, I see the sticker now on the picture on target.com. Weird that they don't list it as such.
Not that weird their website is a bit of a hack job when it comes to describing movies. I had major issues over Black Friday sales with them advertising items on the website that were not actually available in their stock system (i.e., BR+DVD+Digital versions of multiple movies). It took multiple shipments and a long trip into the local store to discover that. The store finally subbed 4K+BD+Digtal Code versions for my troubles.
Old 03-09-19, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
If Target.com does get out of the business of selling media, it gives Amazon even more power to hold over media consumers. They were one of the few websites that Amazon was matching during hot sales and the Christmas shopping season.
Target needs to realize...no more reasons to actually visit a B&M Target if they do this. I usually skim the media aisles, but I also buy other crap in the store.
Old 03-09-19, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Target needs to realize...no more reasons to actually visit a B&M Target if they do this. I usually skim the media aisles, but I also buy other crap in the store.
There was a big change in how Target dealt with its media suppliers starting last Summer/Fall. They basically aren't taking a financial risk anymore when carrying inventory, it's now on the studios and labels when their items are in a Target store. It's changed the entire game on the retail side.

Many forces are happening together which is hastening the decline of physical media, some organic and some consciously planned factors.
Old 03-09-19, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, if they think I'm going to be paying for shitloads of steaming services and movies, they can forget it. My collection is large enough to where I can watch those forever on a regular rotation.

Time will tell, and the wallet of course.

Due to S3 being delayed, I still hope Target releases another exclusive in the future.
Old 03-09-19, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I’m an old fart like DVDP ... the only digital media I have is because the code came with the physical copy I bought. I don’t have enough faith in digital media which is stored on somebody else’s system to give them money for it. Yeah, I know ...

Old 03-10-19, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You guys are not alone. Digital is not "ownership" by any stretch. I, too, have a large enough physical library that I could stop purchasing today and be quite happy to watch nothing but what I own for the rest of my life.
Old 03-10-19, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Plus they had Target Ticket but shut that down, so guess that means digital is dead too!
Old 03-11-19, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

How are you guys getting the 4K for $10? I got the Target app and have tried to apply the cartwheel discount but it still shows as $20 in my cart up through checkout without hitting order. What am I missing?
Old 03-11-19, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
How are you guys getting the 4K for $10? I got the Target app and have tried to apply the cartwheel discount but it still shows as $20 in my cart up through checkout without hitting order. What am I missing?
Are you talking about Stranger Things s2? To my knowledge, cartwheel only works in-store so the only way you could feasibly do it (if your store is out of stock) is do in store pickup, then tell them you have a coupon and hope they accept it.
Old 03-11-19, 11:04 AM

Make sure you are selecting Pick up, not shipping.
Old 03-11-19, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

s2 4K seems to be $20 from everything I can see
Old 03-11-19, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post
Are you talking about Stranger Things s2? To my knowledge, cartwheel only works in-store so the only way you could feasibly do it (if your store is out of stock) is do in store pickup, then tell them you have a coupon and hope they accept it.
Cartwheel works with web orders for in-store pickup.
Old 03-11-19, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by whotony View Post

s2 4K seems to be $20 from everything I can see
And the cartwheel takes 50% off of that price
Old 03-11-19, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Cartwheel works with web orders for in-store pickup.
Oh, I didn't know this. Ah I see, you have to go to checkout to have it applied. Cool.
Old 03-11-19, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks everyone for trying to help. Yes, I did pick pick up and store shows it has it. It's not applying it for some reason. Is there some additonal button I'm missing? I've saved the cartwheel special. The only thing I haven't done is hit order but I don't want the thing if it's $20 so unless it shows $10 before ordering I guess I'll give up.
Old 03-11-19, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hit the checkout button. It will still ask you to verify stuff like payment, but the discount will be taken off.
Old 03-11-19, 05:04 PM

Thanks everyone for trying to help. Yes, I did pick pick up and store shows it has it. It's not applying it for some reason. Is there some additonal button I'm missing? I've saved the cartwheel special. The only thing I haven't done is hit order but I don't want the thing if it's $20 so unless it shows $10 before ordering I guess I'll give up.
Somebody else was having this issue. The discount should show up at the last page before ordering.
It so hard to work these issues out without being able to see the screen and steps. Clear your cart and sign out and sign back into your account

Is your normal store a CITY Target and do Cartwheel usually work there.
PC or Mobile device?
Are your Cartwheel and Target account the same Account?
The Cartwheel shows active in the Mobile Wallet or Cartwheel.target.com under My list

https://www.target.com/p/stranger-th...-/-/A-54440307
right side of page, BUY IN STORE, find a store with a red PICK UP HERE and add to cart rather than adding for shipping first then changing later (both are supposed to work, but try it directly and see if it makes a difference.
Go To Checkout and the discount should be applied in the Order Summary section. If so, then you can complete the purchase.

Subtotal (1 item)
$20.00
Discounts-$10.50
REDcard 5% [if applicable for you]
DiscountCartwheel 50% off
Delivery Free
Estimated tax xxx
Total $9.50 (plus tax)

If still not working, I'd consider ordering it for store pickup, and having them apply the Cartwheel in store at pickup (or do and immediate Return /Rebuy) At that will make 100% sure the item is actually in your store before you get there
Old 03-11-19, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Predator 4K w/ Funko Pop for $17.50

https://www.target.com/p/the-predato...t_adv_xasd0002
Old 03-13-19, 10:36 PM

I finally picked up Stranger Things S2. Target's site suggested that nearly every local store has copies, but when I visited the closest store, I found zero copies of either season. Their electronics employee suggested they were all "in the back". I replied under my breath that "you're not going to sell any if people can't find them" and he replied that they were moved in the process of "resetting" the media aisle, i.e. adding new products. The sale proceeded with no hitches (my first time using Cartwheel), but this makes me wonder what else is "in the back". In this store, media has been whittled down to little more than a single aisle.
Old 03-14-19, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, the biggest reason why media hasn't been selling...is because Target / Best Buy employees aren't putting out their shit on the floor. Kid you not, I've had several experiences at both locations, where I had to request they check in the back since it was a popular item and there's no way they sold all of their inventory.

Another reason why I think media sales stats are so disappointing, too. It's because nobody wants to put the stock on the floor and they'd rather hang out at the register or hide somewhere.
Old 03-14-19, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, the biggest reason why media hasn't been selling...is because Target / Best Buy employees aren't putting out their shit on the floor. Kid you not, I've had several experiences at both locations, where I had to request they check in the back since it was a popular item and there's no way they sold all of their inventory.

Another reason why I think media sales stats are so disappointing, too. It's because nobody wants to put the stock on the floor and they'd rather hang out at the register or hide somewhere.
I don't think that's the biggest reason media isn't selling, though availability would certainly help with impulse shopping. But even then, for a back catalog title that isn't on sale, how often are you going to go to target and pay full price for it without at least looking it up on amazon?

Something like Stranger Things is a bit of an outlier too... it will always be available on Netflix. If not for these deep discount sales, I doubt I would have picked up the sets anytime soon because 99% of the time, it'll be easier just to stream it if I want to watch it.
Old 03-14-19, 11:58 AM
Political Exile

Semi-related is the exclusive items like steelbooks that sell out within the first 15 minutes that the store is open. Sometimes the clerks look at you like "why would you expect to be able to pick it up over lunch time on the day of release?", not really thinking that someone messed up the estimates of how many they thought they could sell and potentially lost hundreds of thousands of dollars of revenue.
Old 03-14-19, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Target's media employees are seemingly more uninformed about the products they carry than just about any department I come across at either Walmart or Target.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.