Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target deals

Old 07-19-14, 05:50 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 2,714
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Target deals

I'm a little surprised there is no target sticky...

Anyway, Amazon didn't match all week so I went to Target and got The Wolf of Wall Street blu for $9.99. I also snagged My week with Marilyn for $5 and Hannibal S1 for $12.99.
Old 07-20-14, 04:21 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mike86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20,393
Received 169 Likes on 139 Posts
Re: Target deals

Nice price on Hannibal: Season One. I'd probably blind buy it for that price if I found it. I'll have to check next time I'm there.
Old 07-22-14, 01:56 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,501
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by Easy View Post
I'm a little surprised there is no target sticky...

Anyway, Amazon didn't match all week so I went to Target and got The Wolf of Wall Street blu for $9.99. I also snagged My week with Marilyn for $5 and Hannibal S1 for $12.99.
Just watched Marilyn last night. Really enjoyed it.
Old 07-22-14, 04:43 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Texan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 927
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Apollo 18 was added to their $5 blu-ray section.
Old 07-22-14, 05:51 PM
  #5  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: fort myers,fl.
Posts: 220
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by Easy View Post
I'm a little surprised there is no target sticky...

Anyway, Amazon didn't match all week so I went to Target and got The Wolf of Wall Street blu for $9.99. I also snagged My week with Marilyn for $5 and Hannibal S1 for $12.99.
Ditto on "Wolf" & "Marilyn"
Old 07-28-14, 07:41 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 226
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Scream 4 - $5
Old 07-28-14, 08:05 PM
  #7  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,160
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Target deals

They actually have a deal this week where you get 10 dollars off a 40 dollar order when you order online and pick up in store.
http://www.target.com/c/store-pickup/-/N-55fqz
Old 07-28-14, 08:43 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 1,799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Price matched the Target exclusive Ray Donovan Blu/DVD set to their website price of $34.99 and then used the 50% off Cartwheel coupon to get it for $17.49.
Old 07-28-14, 10:06 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,751
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by tbender View Post
Scream 4 - $5
Amazon still has - Scream: Five-Film Set (Scream/Scream 2/Scream 3/Still Screaming: The Ultimate Scary Movie Retrospective/Scream: The Inside Story) - for $9.99 so you can get all four movies plus two documentarys for $14.99. Great Deal.
Old 07-28-14, 11:22 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,501
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by LaxBandit View Post
Amazon still has - Scream: Five-Film Set (Scream/Scream 2/Scream 3/Still Screaming: The Ultimate Scary Movie Retrospective/Scream: The Inside Story) - for $9.99 so you can get all four movies plus two documentarys for $14.99. Great Deal.
Think this is actually three movies plus the two documentaries. Scream 4 is not included.
Old 07-29-14, 12:07 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 17,474
Likes: 0
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc View Post
Think this is actually three movies plus the two documentaries. Scream 4 is not included.
His statement confused me initially as well. When I read it a 2nd time, I understood that's exactly what he was saying.

The 3 movies and 2 extras are $9.99

Scream 4 is $5

All together, you get everything for $14.99
Old 07-29-14, 04:34 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner
 
Alan Smithee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: USA
Posts: 8,942
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: Target deals

That set is also $9.99 at Target. Pretty good deal, I didn't even really like those movies but had to give them another chance at that price.
Old 07-29-14, 02:13 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,751
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
His statement confused me initially as well. When I read it a 2nd time, I understood that's exactly what he was saying.
The 3 movies and 2 extras are $9.99 - Scream 4 is $5 - All together, you get everything for $14.99
Yes, that is what I was saying. I guess SoonerDoc didn't see me quoting the "Scream 4 - $5" from a previous post.

I should added to my post - so if you add Scream 4 for $5.00 via Target - you then can get all four movies plus the two documentaries for $14.99. (Then there probably wouldn't have been any confusion. Sorry about that.)

Cool that the first three movies/two documentaries set is being offered at Target as well - saves you from getting everything at two different places.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 07-29-14 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-29-14, 04:23 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 1,501
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by LaxBandit View Post
Yes, that is what I was saying. I guess SoonerDoc didn't see me quoting the "Scream 4 - $5" from a previous post.

I should added to my post - so if you add Scream 4 for $5.00 via Target - you then can get all four movies plus the two documentaries for $14.99. (Then there probably wouldn't have been any confusion. Sorry about that.)

Cool that the first three movies/two documentaries set is being offered at Target as well - saves you from getting everything at two different places.
Thats my bad.
Old 07-30-14, 10:20 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cygnus
Posts: 12,524
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by g View Post
They actually have a deal this week where you get 10 dollars off a 40 dollar order when you order online and pick up in store.
http://www.target.com/c/store-pickup/-/N-55fqz
Just wanted to highlight this deal because it's a good one if you can find titles you want that are available for store pick-up. And get their site to cooperate. Things were pretty hit and miss last night. Possibly because of the numbers trying to get in on this deal.
Old 08-01-14, 07:47 PM
  #16  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 226
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Just a reminder, tomorrow is the last day for the $10 off $40 store pickup offer. Can be used for up to 4 transactions per person.
Old 08-03-14, 12:35 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Target deals

There is a cartwheel coupon for 20% off of Noah. I was able to price match Amazon's $17.99 price on the Target exclusive and got the additional 20% off for a grand total of $14.39 plus tax.
Old 08-03-14, 06:26 PM
  #18  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: fort myers, fl.
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Have the set already ,and will stop by tomorrow and get Scream 4, for $5.00-Thanks for posting the deal on this BR disc-
Old 08-05-14, 12:51 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,652
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

I heard that the $5 BD's are buy 3 get 1 free this week...
Old 08-05-14, 12:53 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Obi-Wan Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,002
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
I heard that the $5 BD's are buy 3 get 1 free this week...
I was just there and can confirm this. I didn't buy any yet though because I couldn't remember if I had a couple titles or not. Gotta check that tonight
Old 08-05-14, 01:13 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 23,391
Received 102 Likes on 92 Posts
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
I heard that the $5 BD's are buy 3 get 1 free this week...
What they need is to rotate the mix of $5 selections. Walmart changes up their selections every few months, Target has had the same bargain fodder for nearly two years.
Old 08-05-14, 03:48 PM
  #22  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 39
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
What they need is to rotate the mix of $5 selections. Walmart changes up their selections every few months, Target has had the same bargain fodder for nearly two years.
Indeed, I couldn't find 3 titles I wanted because I'd already purchased some over the past few months, so I just picked up a new addition to the $5 rack- Highlander. I too hope they freshen it more often in the future.
Old 08-05-14, 07:06 PM
  #23  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: fort myers, fl.
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
I heard that the $5 BD's are buy 3 get 1 free this week...
That SUCKS! I was there the other day and no such signage and did buy several titles but NONE were for free...and they were all $5.00 titles!!!
Kinda pisses me off!
Old 08-06-14, 12:15 AM
  #24  
Member
 
JTKenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 73
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
I heard that the $5 BD's are buy 3 get 1 free this week...
Is this legit? I noticed Jacob's Ladder for the first time in the $5 section this week. I wonder if I could find 3 other titles to take advantage. Hmm, probably not. Perhaps old Kenbenobi and I could go in together for a deal??
Old 08-06-14, 05:13 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,652
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target deals

I haven't confirmed it myself... yet. Someone said it on blu-ray.com, but they may have been referring to NEXT week. I'm going to Target today, so I will confirm it and post back later... There definitely is a Buy 3 Get 1 Free promo NEXT week on $5 titles, but no BD's are shown in the picture. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=246073

Last edited by kenbenobi; 08-06-14 at 05:22 AM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.