Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Apparently U&S is back on October 7th

Old 10-08-12, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Apparently U&S is back on October 7th

Originally Posted by Jaymole View Post

It was in a special display for Blu-ray titles on sale.
Great, I'll look for it later this week. Thanks
Old 10-08-12, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Picked up

X-Files fight the future/i want to believe double feature pack - $5
Old 10-08-12, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So during my visit, at checkout, my coupon that I didn't use from the last U&S was not taking the discount off the total. A manager had to be called in. This was my first time using a coupon held over from the previous sales event and will be my last, even if I have to buy movies I don't really want. I bought for $4.99 each:

Predator
Predator 2
I Spit On You Grave double pack - this was a blind buy & I'm hoping I like both movies

But I am at a crossroads on a certain set of movies and I'm asking for advice. I was going to purchase Nightmare on Elm Street 2 & 3 double pack when I saw a collector edition of the first 7 movies on Blu for $44.99. Here's the problem; I've never seen any of the films past #2 except for Freddy vs. Jason. After some checking, I have some options:

1) I could buy the blu's of 1, 2, 3 and F vs J for $19.97 (after two $5 U&S coupons) makes them 4.99 per disc.

2) I could buy the collector's 7- disc blu and F vs J for 46.98 (after two $5 U&S coupons) makes them $5.87 per disc.

3) I can buy 2 dvd 4-packs with all 8 movies for $17.98 (no coupons) makes them $2.25 each.

I just don't know about the movies 3 - 7 and if they are worth the extra $$ on Blu. I know I like the first movie and I enjoyed the last, it's just all the ones in between that I'm concerned with. I don't mind spending more for a good series, but if several of the movies stink I could live with all of them on dvd.
Old 10-08-12, 02:19 PM

I picked up:'

Fight Club $5
Attack the Block $8
Total Recall: Mindbending Edition $5
The Innkeepers $5
Archer Season Two $13

Plus these (not part of the U&S program, just good prices)
Blair Witch Project $5
The Source Code $7
Carrie $8

Other ten dollar titles I haven't seen mentioned in here yet are Kung Fu Hustle, The Craft, Space Jam. And The League Season 2 and Its Always Sunny Season 6 can both be got for $13 after coupon.
Old 10-08-12, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by POWERBOMB View Post
I just don't know about the movies 3 - 7 and if they are worth the extra $$ on Blu. I know I like the first movie and I enjoyed the last, it's just all the ones in between that I'm concerned with. I don't mind spending more for a good series, but if several of the movies stink I could live with all of them on dvd.
3 & 7 are the best in the series, IMHO. But this is coming from someone who thought Freddy vs Jason blew.
Old 10-08-12, 02:37 PM

oh damn i shoulda picked up Total Recall

good day for me:
Kevin Smith 3 pack
Adventures of Tin Tin 3D / Blu / DVD (about $10 cheaper than the Blu/DVD combo pack - i dont have 3d capabilities)
World's Greatest Dad
God Bless America

returned my 7.99 sealed copy of clerks i bought during the last U&S.
so all of that for $33.
Old 10-08-12, 02:41 PM

Kevin Smith 3-movie pack 4.99
Fargo 4.99
European Vacation 4.99
Bram Stoker's Dracula 4.99
Evil Dead 2 4.99 (my first blu-ray to blu-ray upgrade - I feel dirty)
Office Space 4.99
Sin City 6.99
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 7.99
Old 10-08-12, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up:

Road to Perdition $5
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D $14.99 (not the BB Exclusive one)

GR posed a problem, as it did not take it the coupon of automatically. I don't know if it was because it was on sale or if it is because it is part of the 2-Day Columbus Day sale. They manually changed the price to $14.99 for me.
Old 10-08-12, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by flix1 View Post
Picked up:

Road to Perdition $5
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D $14.99 (not the BB Exclusive one)

GR posed a problem, as it did not take it the coupon of automatically. I don't know if it was because it was on sale or if it is because it is part of the 2-Day Columbus Day sale. They manually changed the price to $14.99 for me.
Not sure, but the coupons do say the discount will be taken off original or promotional price.
Old 10-08-12, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So during my visit, at checkout, my coupon that I didn't use from the last U&S was not taking the discount off the total. A manager had to be called in. This was my first time using a coupon held over from the previous sales event and will be my last, even if I have to buy movies I don't really want. I bought for $4.99 each:

Predator
Predator 2
I Spit On You Grave double pack - this was a blind buy & I'm hoping I like both movies

But I am at a crossroads on a certain set of movies and I'm asking for advice. I was going to purchase Nightmare on Elm Street 2 & 3 double pack when I saw a collector edition of the first 7 movies on Blu for $44.99. Here's the problem; I've never seen any of the films past #2 except for Freddy vs. Jason. After some checking, I have some options:

1) I could buy the blu's of 1, 2, 3 and F vs J for $19.97 (after two $5 U&S coupons) makes them 4.99 per disc.

2) I could buy the collector's 7- disc blu and F vs J for 46.98 (after two $5 U&S coupons) makes them $5.87 per disc.

3) I can buy 2 dvd 4-packs with all 8 movies for $17.98 (no coupons) makes them $2.25 each.

Seeing as how the coupon has an expiration date, I don't even know why it would have needed to get to the point of bringing in a manager. The most important thing when doing the u&s program, make sure you have your movies you want to buy before trading in dvd's. These coupons DO NOT carry over to the next sale.
Old 10-08-12, 06:11 PM

Went yesterday and picked up:

Margin Call (been waiting for a good deal on this one)
40 Year Old Virgin
Red Dawn

All $4.99 after discount. I was able to sale the Digital Copy code from Virgin for $3 on another site. So, a little more than $2 for that one. If I had any of the Universal Coupons left if would have been even cheaper.
Old 10-08-12, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post
Seeing as how the coupon has an expiration date, I don't even know why it would have needed to get to the point of bringing in a manager. The most important thing when doing the u&s program, make sure you have your movies you want to buy before trading in dvd's. These coupons DO NOT carry over to the next sale.
I didn't see a need to look for an expiration date, as I've read numerous posts on this site that the coupons would be good from one sale event to the next. I didn't ask for a manager, the cashier did it all on her own. As I always do, I stop by customer service to trade in my movies first because if one store doesn't have what I want, another store might. In this instance, I didn't go to another store before the sale was over. Guess I'm just fortunate that the manager took the coupons anyways. When I take in movies again tomorrow, I will look to see if there truly is an expiration date.
Old 10-08-12, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Bunz View Post

Other ten dollar titles I haven't seen mentioned in here yet are Kung Fu Hustle, The Craft, Space Jam. And The League Season 2 and Its Always Sunny Season 6 can both be got for $13 after coupon.
Just a heads up the blu-ray of Kung Fu Hustle is the old edited version. The only unedited version released in the US is the "Ass Kickin Edition" on dvd.
Old 10-08-12, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didn't see a need to look for an expiration date, as I've read numerous posts on this site that the coupons would be good from one sale event to the next. I didn't ask for a manager, the cashier did it all on her own. As I always do, I stop by customer service to trade in my movies first because if one store doesn't have what I want, another store might. In this instance, I didn't go to another store before the sale was over. Guess I'm just fortunate that the manager took the coupons anyways. When I take in movies again tomorrow, I will look to see if there truly is an expiration date.
Would love to see these posts, been doing the u&s deals every time Best Buy has had them and not seen anyone say the coupons from previous u&s sales are fine to use. Perhaps someone might have stated having the "luck" that you had of them accepting an expired coupon, but not people stating they are good from one sale to the next. They clearly state the duration of the program and the expiration date.

And yes you were fortunate the manager took them, they definitely were in their right to shoot you down.
Old 10-08-12, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Only person i ever saw say that was the one who claims the manager lets him use them whenever he wants.
Old 10-08-12, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up:

Road to Perdition - $4.99
Red Dawn - $4.99
X2 - $4.99
X-Men: The Last Stand - $4.99
Workaholics: Season 1 & 2 Combo - $7.99
Old 10-08-12, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by walletboyniac View Post
Kevin Smith 3-movie pack 4.99
Fargo 4.99
European Vacation 4.99
Bram Stoker's Dracula 4.99
Office Space 4.99
Sin City 6.99
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 7.99
you will be really glad you returned 'BS Dracula' - its video quality is abysmal. I recently got one and am regretting it.
Old 10-09-12, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Only person i ever saw say that was the one who claims the manager lets him use them whenever he wants.
And I would LOVE to have that store as a place to go to if it was true.
Old 10-09-12, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by walletboyniac View Post
I've rebought Total Recall and Terminator 2 on Blu and own the latter three times on DVD.
Old 10-09-12, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Are people finding 10 Things I Hate About You BD at their BB stores? Of the handful of BDs I decided to get with U&S, for some reason that one online does not show as available in stores.

There are no special promos on Jaws BD (which people keep mentioning), right? It's $14.99 after U&S which is still too expensive for me.
Old 10-09-12, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
you will be really glad you returned 'BS Dracula' - its video quality is abysmal. I recently got one and am regretting it.
It's one of the worst Blu-rays out there.....yet it's the best this film looks right now.
Old 10-09-12, 10:46 AM

Just checking, were people able to get the U&S + $3 Universal to work on ET? My store doesn't open for another 75 minutes.
Old 10-09-12, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

IDK if this has been posted, but I stopped by the dollar tree before going to BB. They had 2 packs of Bewitched for $1. The Kidman film, and the first 3 episodes of the series. Both with bar codes, both traded no problem.
Old 10-09-12, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked up Red Dawn. If anyone wants the $7.50 Hollywood Movie Money toward the Red Dawn remake for $3, shoot me a PM.
Old 10-09-12, 12:32 PM

Glad to report my purchase went effortlessly. Traded in 2 dvd's, picked up Prometheus 3D and ET Digibook (which there were plenty of), both rung up correctly and also took off $3 for the Universal coupon and was out within 10 minutes. Good job Best Buy!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.