Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Apparently U&S is back on October 7th

Old 10-01-12, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Apparently U&S is back on October 7th

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei View Post
Then I'm gonna whip out my Goldmiddlefinger.
try it in BB and 'You won't live twice' :-)
Old 10-02-12, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
don't mean to throw a wet blanket on this but all new $9.99 titles have a 'way' of hitting $14.99 just in time for U&S.
Hopefuuly, someone finds them in-store this week and can check the expiration date on the shelf tag.
Old 10-02-12, 03:31 PM

Yeah they love to re-price things on Saturday night.. LOL
Old 10-02-12, 03:56 PM

You may have to ready the Goldmiddlefinger.

Since those Bonds have been reported being scarce someone asked a BB manager where they were and the computer said that they're to come to stores 10/23... just in time to miss U&S.

The Target Bonds are also short (some stores getting one of each). Supposedly the Walmart Bonds are moved to 10/9 as well.

Take it all with a grain of salt as this is the internet, but my BB had no Bonds nor my Target either. Well they did have DVDs, just no Blu. My Walmart had no Bonds so I ordered through the website with a date of 10/9.
Old 10-02-12, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho View Post
Take advantage of the sale, don't let the sale take advantage of you.
That's where I go wrong every time... I buy soooo much, and then don't watch em. My unwatched pile can reach the moon. And yes, I know I still need to update my collection. Now that Fantasy Baseball is coming to an end, I can try to get caught up on life... (I still won't have a life on Sundays, but football is more manageable)
Old 10-02-12, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Phibes View Post
You may have to ready the Goldmiddlefinger.

Since those Bonds have been reported being scarce someone asked a BB manager where they were and the computer said that they're to come to stores 10/23... just in time to miss U&S.

The Target Bonds are also short (some stores getting one of each). Supposedly the Walmart Bonds are moved to 10/9 as well.

Take it all with a grain of salt as this is the internet, but my BB had no Bonds nor my Target either. Well they did have DVDs, just no Blu. My Walmart had no Bonds so I ordered through the website with a date of 10/9.
All 3 Walmarts I went to today had the James Bond/Skyfall display with the Bond blu-rays (new re-releases and 3 exclusive titles ($9.96), and Target's here also had their exclusives out ($9.99 although one was $14.99). I haven't checked BB yet because I thought I should wait for a U&S to pick their exclusives up.
Old 10-02-12, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Edison View Post
All 3 Walmarts I went to today had the James Bond/Skyfall display with the Bond blu-rays (new re-releases and 3 exclusive titles ($9.96), and Target's here also had their exclusives out ($9.99 although one was $14.99). I haven't checked BB yet because I thought I should wait for a U&S to pick their exclusives up.
I saw the Bond display in only one of the two Walmarts I was in today. I have no idea why they're not all being put out at the same time.
Old 10-03-12, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Was looking around yesterday when I went to pick up Cinderella and noticed they have a two-pack of the original and remake of I Spit On Your Grave for 9.99 though 11/3. so that'll be a nice $5 U&S deal.
Old 10-03-12, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joltman View Post
Was looking around yesterday when I went to pick up Cinderella and noticed they have a two-pack of the original and remake of I Spit On Your Grave for 9.99 though 11/3. so that'll be a nice $5 U&S deal.
Gotta read this shit slower. I thought you said you picked up Cinderella as a two pack with I Spit On Your Grave for $9.99 through 11/3. I was thinking "What the fuck is Disney up to now? And great price!"
Old 10-03-12, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Schloob1 View Post
Did you look at the actual section of titles marked down specifically to $9.99? Almost all of those titles actually end on 10/06. I know there were quite a bit of titles that were marked down to $7.99 or $12.99 that ended in November as well. One of the titles marked down to $9.99 that I would really have liked at $5 was European Vacation but that will not be happening now

Definitely looking to next Wednesday when the ad is revealed to see if there is any clue to some new $9.99 sales items.
I won't say it will happen again, but I've noticed some sales extending beyond the original ending date.

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
don't mean to throw a wet blanket on this but all new $9.99 titles have a 'way' of hitting $14.99 just in time for U&S.
It does happen, but more often than not, the sale prices are available during U&S.
Old 10-03-12, 12:42 PM
vgc

The Walmart Bonds are indeed out most places, but I looked at the Blu Ray release list and it does show You Only Live Twice as being released on the 23rd. You would think they would release all the Bonds at once to keep the excitement going instead of spreading them out. I also hope that Best Buy doesn't raise or in some cases drop a bunch of prices. There aren't many titles I am looking for since the last sale.
Old 10-03-12, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by vgc View Post
The Walmart Bonds are indeed out most places, but I looked at the Blu Ray release list and it does show You Only Live Twice as being released on the 23rd. You would think they would release all the Bonds at once to keep the excitement going instead of spreading them out. I also hope that Best Buy doesn't raise or in some cases drop a bunch of prices. There aren't many titles I am looking for since the last sale.
Isn't that the whole reason to keep the excitement going though If you do it all at once people can be done with it at once and that's it. Over and done with.
Old 10-03-12, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My Dollar Tree had only 1 slim case DVD in stock... about a few dozen copies of something with Basketball in the name. Even on previous occasions they at least had a few other slim case titles. I haven't seen a normal sized DVD case movie at a DT store since before the last U&S.

I guess everyone has already cleared out all of the DT stores in anticipation of the U&S. I seriously doubt that my BB would take multiple copies of this slim case Basketball movie. They probably wouldn't even take 1 as they've given me trouble on slim case DVDs saying they're not real DVDs. I suppose I could replace the slim with a normal case even though the cover wouldn't fit.

So I may not end up doing much U&S this time either (E.T. is about the only temptation right now) if I can't find stuff to trade-in. The Upgrade & Save program should be renamed to the "trade in a crappy DVD from Dollar Tree and save $4" program. My BB didn't have any of the new James Bond BDs (nor did Walmart). I'll buy the new Bond BDs for up to $9.99 each, but not if I have to use an U&S trade-in to get that price.
Old 10-07-12, 07:59 AM

I just looked through the 9.99 titles on the site and there didn't seem to be anything impressive. I couldn't find a single title I need, and only found a couple of maybes. I think the problem is the list doesn't seem that different than last time.
Old 10-07-12, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joltman View Post
I just looked through the 9.99 titles on the site and there didn't seem to be anything impressive. I couldn't find a single title I need, and only found a couple of maybes. I think the problem is the list doesn't seem that different than last time.

You're not going to jump at the chance to pick up the two Human Centipede movies for a sawbuck?
Old 10-07-12, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm picking up 50/50 and Margin Call for $5 each
Old 10-07-12, 09:11 AM

Red Dawn and Saw 6 for me.
Old 10-07-12, 09:23 AM

I was browsing through the ad and saw that they are giving a coupon for a mobile phone upgrade eligibility check again.
Old 10-07-12, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Not too much I see. Part of the problem is the discs I might want are not going to be on the BestBuy floor but just on their website like Name of the Rose or there is an interesting combo pack of Night Listener/Benefit of the Doubt. Of what might be there...maybe I'll pick up the original Expendables disc for $5 to put with my Extended cut and make a complete edition and then when it gets released on tuesday, the new Jeff Dunham disc (assuming it stays its intended price). Those I feel pretty confident about, but the rest not so much.
Old 10-07-12, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Does a series TV set with 5 discs count as 1 or 5? Do they even take series in trade?
Old 10-07-12, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If each disc has it's own case (like Seinfeld) then each disc will count as 1.
Old 10-07-12, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. Phibes View Post
If each disc has it's own case (like Seinfeld) then each disc will count as 1.
So I guess it it is one of those fold out cases than 5 discs only counts as 1? Figures. Well, so much for that idea.
Old 10-07-12, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

You could S L O W L Y handover each disc, and maybe you'll get 5 coupons.

Debating on getting Prometheus 3D--not that I want the 3D disc, but like the cover, and for a few bucks more, what the hek--there might be a few more goodies on the 4-Disc version. How was the movie, though. I haven't seen it, but reading about it, looks good. And it's about time we had an Alien prequel. Been waiting about 15 years for it!
Old 10-07-12, 02:09 PM

had a bad experience at my best buy this morning (which ultimately turned out good)...

was first in the store with a buddy - each of us had 5 to trade... arrived at 11am...

clerk(s) were clueless about the promotion going on or how to do it... they tried to tell me it wasn't going on etc but I pointed to their ad as well as the signage...

they got multi other clerks involved but none could find the bar code that needs to be attached to the receipt (I explained that there weren't 5 titles each of us wanted at this time - I was merely trading early so I could use the discount coupons on tuesday!)...

at 11:25 they were no closer to finding it than they were when I got there so thinking I had been patient enough, I requested a manager...

he comes over - tells the clerk that since they can't find the correct way to do the promotion, just "give them both $25 gift cards" since that was the total value of our 5 trades each and be done with it!

so I got the gift cards! now going to wait till tuesday when hopefully they'll know what they're doing and trade 5 more in - and use the coupon in addition to my gift cards!!! ultimately a win win for me, but kinda frustrating that the stores don't know how to handle this promotion...
Old 10-07-12, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bearkiss View Post
had a bad experience at my best buy this morning (which ultimately turned out good)...
im in the same boat i just returned and while being annoyed as hell i made out good. I had issues on the last promotion and vowed never to deal with this sale again but the horror displays iv been hearing that have been randomly popping up got my interest.

so i grabbed 5 crap dvds and headed out knowing my BB never has the displays..hell they rarely have the weekly sales advertised.

so I get there and grab a couple already 5$ blus (saw, blair witch) and grabb two 8$ blus (killer klowns and TCM2) only 10$ and over blues i found was Saw 6 and attack the block so on my way out to get the dvds out the car i came across the Holy Grail of blus *well the ones i was looking for and grabbed DeadGirl, Henry, and Magic were the only copies left and were in an endcap next to the horror dvds nowhere near the blus.

goto customer service and was basically laughed at and told that this promotion ended a couple months ago. then when i showed them the ad they told me that they arent participating in this promotion so i asked if there was a manager i could speak to and he came up and informed me he had no idea they were running this again but asked if i could hold on a second...politely but 30 minutes go by and he comes out with a scannable coupon and the original clerk rings me up and i paid.

Getting home i checked my receipt and realized that they rang up the coupon for each purchase instead of just 5 so i walked away with...

Blair Witch Projects - 0.00
Saw - 0.00
Killer Klowns - 2.99
TCM2 - 2.99
Henry - 5
deadgirl - 5
Magic - 5
Saw 6 - 5
Attack the Block - 7.99

but curious while i like that i saved an additional 20$ can the cashier that rang me up get in any serious trouble for doing that? i know id have jobs in the past that when i was on cashier some we had id numbers to plug in.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.