Last edit by: DVD Polizei
Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-14, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I think Best Buy has problems far beyond the elimination of media. It looks inevitable the chain will eventually collapse, it is more a question of when.
Old 03-03-14, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I think they're struggling big time. Same thing with me, I know I didn't spend the minimum required to keep the Elite Plus status. Also, has anyone received a "Thank You from Best Buy" that's a really long survey? I got one last week and responded accordingly. And the oddest thing happened after, I got a personal email from the store manager and a phone call asking for my opinions and why I responded the way I did. I've never had that happen before. So I'm guessing they're trying to gauge why they keep losing business the have been.
Interesting. Did the manager offer you anything, like a GC? I'll search my email to see if I received one. I don't think I did...
Old 03-03-14, 09:14 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I stopped going when a CSR lied to me about points (bought an iMac with a Birthday triple points coupon). Not only did I not get Triple points I got zero points. When I called (Elite #, mind you) and asked why I got no points they said because I had financed it on BBs card (was willing to pay Amex on it, but the rep assured me to go the BB route to get Triple points). They said nothing they could do (and it was past my return point).

Since that point, I won't go back. I did have a $10 GC which I wound up using to buy a Blu-ray (just to get rid of it), but that's it. No more. They are a fucking showcase for me and I told the rep that when I was browsing for a new TV (which I purchased from Amazon).
Old 03-03-14, 09:14 AM
Suspended

I stopped going when a CSR lied to me about points (bought an iMac with a Birthday triple points coupon). Not only did I not get Triple points I got zero points. When I called (Elite #, mind you) and asked why I got no points they said because I had financed it on BBs card (was willing to pay Amex on it, but the rep assured me to go the BB route to get Triple points). They said nothing they could do (and it was past my return point) as the following changed back in July and I bought in September.

Since that point, I won't go back. I did have a $10 GC which I wound up using to buy a Blu-ray (just to get rid of it), but that's it. No more. They are a fucking showcase for me and I told the rep that when I was browsing for a new TV (which I purchased from Amazon).
Old 03-03-14, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo
I stopped going when a CSR lied to me about points (bought an iMac with a Birthday triple points coupon). Not only did I not get Triple points I got zero points. When I called (Elite #, mind you) and asked why I got no points they said because I had financed it on BBs card (was willing to pay Amex on it, but the rep assured me to go the BB route to get Triple points). They said nothing they could do (and it was past my return point) as the following changed back in July and I bought in September.

They changed the financing promotion last year. They will only give you special financing or reward points, not both. I got burned too.
Old 03-03-14, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The points program is a classic example of how out of touch they are with their customers. They might as well drop it.
Old 03-03-14, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DaVinci's Demons S1 BD set is on sale for $19.99.

There was a $5 off coupon for various Starz series (Spartacus, Magic City, DaVinci's Demons, etc) in The White Queen S1 BD set that I used to get DaVinci's Demons for $14.99.
Old 03-03-14, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

[QUOTE=Josh-da-man;12030822]Yep.

Dear Best Buy,

Here are the problems with your stores:

1. You are focusing on too much high margin product. It seems like half of your floor space is taken up by phone cases, cables, chargers, and adapters.

2. I realize that media like CDs, DVDs, and Blu-rays aren't selling like they were in the past, but your selection sucks. It's like you emptied the Walmart bargain bins and filled your DVD and CD shelves with that crap. And it's poorly organized, too. I have no idea how, with so much empty shelf space on your media racks, they can still look so sloppy and it's still impossible to find things I want.

3. Your stock sucks. Just an example... four years ago I went to Best Buy to purchase a new laptop. I was looking for a mid-priced laptop for around $500-$800. When I went into your store, you had a number of laptops on display that I would have purchased, but none of them were in stock. The only laptops you had in stock were the Celerons you were trying to blow out at
Old 03-03-14, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by flix1
DaVinci's Demons S1 BD set is on sale for $19.99.

There was a $5 off coupon for various Starz series (Spartacus, Magic City, DaVinci's Demons, etc) in The White Queen S1 BD set that I used to get DaVinci's Demons for $14.99.
$22.98 at Amazon which is about the same after tax at BB if your state is not taxed (Amazon sometimes taxes me, sometimes not).

http://www.amazon.com/Da-Vincis-Demo...mm_blu_title_0
Old 03-03-14, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I just bought an iPad with their CC and had same experience. I emailed them and they gave me a $5 certificate. But in the survey I received about it I let them have it about how they're slowly eroding whatever advantages they have over amazon while trying to compete with them. Sure it'll go nowhere, but I felt the need to vent
Old 03-03-14, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

DaVinci's Demons a good blind buy?
Old 03-03-14, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
No!
Old 03-03-14, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I didn't care for it and I really wanted to.
Old 03-03-14, 11:56 PM

Did you ever hear about the pricing scam from a few years ago?

They actually set up a fake version of their website that was hosted internally on their stores' computers. The only difference is that it had merchandise listed at a higher price than their public website. So if you showed up in-store and claimed that you'd seen X item for sale on their website, they'd pull up the fake website and say, no sorry, you're mistaken, and deny the price match.
Old 03-04-14, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was burned the same way only it happened to me during their 5x point promo on a $900 purchase so it really pissed me off. The 5x points and 18 month financing is what swayed me to make the purchase. Like you I use them as a showcase now except for the occasional blu-ray paid for with Shopkick points.
Old 03-04-14, 09:58 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by chipmac
I was burned the same way only it happened to me during their 5x point promo on a $900 purchase so it really pissed me off. The 5x points and 18 month financing is what swayed me to make the purchase. Like you I use them as a showcase now except for the occasional blu-ray paid for with Shopkick points.
Pretty ridiculous as I never remember getting anything saying no points if you finance. Apparently neither was the CSR at the store and his manager who were eager to let me use my 3x points coupon.

Not like they will be around much longer anyway.
Old 03-04-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Exactly. And when I called the CSR for reward zone and explained that my account DID show a $29 purchase for that transaction of an Mac Mini computer and I asked them to correct the amount so I would receive the correct point total I was told I shouldn't have gotten anything and to be happy with what I got. I then asked if they ever heard of a computer selling for $29 and the had no answer for why there was a price paid on their web site if I used financing. They said they couldn't change anything but that I could try talking to the store manager to get a gift card instead. Tried that and he said to call the 800 number to handle rewards disputes.
Old 03-04-14, 03:03 PM

In my opinion it's always been pretty clear that you get either the financing or the points, not both. It's even spelled out right on the touchscreen that you have to tap to make the choice after you swipe your card on large purchases. At my store they also have always asked me if I wanted the points or the financing, but from the stories I have read my Best Buy is apparently WAY better than most.
Old 03-04-14, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I always thought the same thing about points or financing that it was one or the other but not both. However in my case there was a 5x bonus promo and the sales person told me I wouldn't get the normal 2x points but I would get the 5x point promo and I wound up getting neither.
Old 03-04-14, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jediturtle
In my opinion it's always been pretty clear that you get either the financing or the points, not both. It's even spelled out right on the touchscreen that you have to tap to make the choice after you swipe your card on large purchases. At my store they also have always asked me if I wanted the points or the financing, but from the stories I have read my Best Buy is apparently WAY better than most.
YOu used to be able to get points and financing. Not the bonus points; that was always instead of financing (not both). I believe they made it so that you get zero points when they switched from Reware Zone to My Best Buy.
Old 03-09-14, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Dredd 3D for $6.99
Old 03-09-14, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There is a link on another forum everyone here knows, but Best Buy is currently running many good deals at the $4.99 level.
Old 03-09-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
There is a link on another forum everyone here knows, but Best Buy is currently running many good deals at the $4.99 level.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstempl...egory=cat02015
Old 03-09-14, 04:23 PM

Just stopped by one of my local BBs just to look around. They had a few Disney live action movies for $5.99 each. Enchanted, Pirates of the Caribbean, Prince of Persia, etc.... A lot were out of stock but I did pick up the first Pirates movie.

Also, unrelated this particular Best Buy has Buffalo '66 in the comedy section
I guess the UN-simulated oral sex is hilarious to them.... I guess it technically is a comedy Drama but I've always seen it in the drama section the few times I see it on the shelf of local stores. (Oops. Brown Bunny was the one I was thinking of).

Last edited by madmod20061; 03-09-14 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-09-14, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by madmod20061
Also, unrelated this particular Best Buy has Buffalo '66 in the comedy section
I guess the UN-simulated oral sex is hilarious to them.... I guess it technically is a comedy Drama but I've always seen it in the drama section the few times I see it on the shelf of local stores.
You're talking about The Brown Bunny for the oral sex scene, not Buffalo 66'. By the way, how much was Buffalo 66'?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.