Print Wikipost

Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-12, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Best Buy / bestbuy.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by whotony
I was able to take the one I bought that was broken to another location and exchange it for a non broken set.
Both of these had all five movies. The Shreks are in a nice thin pack.
All 5 movies were included? (You don't need to send off for them?)

Did the package look different?

I haven't opened it yet, but the one I bought mentioned vouchers for Shrek 4 and Megamind on the package.
Old 05-12-12, 09:10 AM

The one I got did NOT contain all 5 movies. Had to do the online voucher for Shrek 4 and Megamind.

anyone have an idea what the turn around time on them? The package says up to 12 weeks, but I would imagine it'll go faster since I did the only registration.
Old 05-12-12, 02:21 PM

It seems to be hit or miss if the 3d Starter Kit has all 5 movies or 3 + Voucher. Anyone still looking can look on the side of the box that lists the contents and it will tell you. When I picked my first one up a couple days ago I assumed they all had vouchers because of the online descriptions. I was pleasantly surprised to find all 5 in there.
Old 05-12-12, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by flix1
All 5 movies were included? (You don't need to send off for them?)

Did the package look different?

I haven't opened it yet, but the one I bought mentioned vouchers for Shrek 4 and Megamind on the package.
The Product Code is the same. The UPC is the same. But I believe some that were packaged later contained the movies with no voucher. I found 3 in a local BB today - two containing all 5 movies and 1 containing 3 + vouchers.
Old 05-13-12, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Quite a few good titles for $4.99 right now.. enjoy..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstempl...getype=listing

Some titles included

Wedding Crashers
Hereafter
Gran Torino + Digital Copy
The Bucket List
He's Just Not That Into You (Blu-Ray [bestbuy.com]) [bestbuy.com]
Sex and the City
Valentine's Day [bestbuy.com]
The Perfect Storm
17 Again
The Time Traveler's Wife [bestbuy.com]
Alexander
Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
Lost Boys: The Thirst
Going The Distance
Old 05-13-12, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by madmod20061
It seems to be hit or miss if the 3d Starter Kit has all 5 movies or 3 + Voucher. Anyone still looking can look on the side of the box that lists the contents and it will tell you. When I picked my first one up a couple days ago I assumed they all had vouchers because of the online descriptions. I was pleasantly surprised to find all 5 in there.
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
The Product Code is the same. The UPC is the same. But I believe some that were packaged later contained the movies with no voucher. I found 3 in a local BB today - two containing all 5 movies and 1 containing 3 + vouchers.
My closest BB is always OOS, but the next closest has 1 of the Samsung 3D Starter Kits and is holding it for me today in case I decided to go. So, is there a way to tell by looking at the package (given they have the same UPC) whether it has all 5 movies or 3 movies + 2 vouchers? Madmod20061 mentioned looking at the side of the box... will that say either all 5 movies or 3 movies + voucher?

Also, what should I be able to sell these 2 actives glasses for on eBay?
Old 05-13-12, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, big day:

Samsung 3D Starter Kit (all 5 movies in box) - $49.99 (going to flip the glasses, no 3D TV yet)
Expendables - $7.99
The Kingdom ($10 Movie Cash) - $7.99
WWE Best PPV Matches 2009-2010 - $7.99
WWE WrestleMania XXVI - $7.99
Wedding Crashers - $4.99 (just traded in my DVD for $5)
Old 05-13-12, 02:14 PM

Too bad no answers on whether the voucher is mentioned on the side of the Samsung 3D Starter kit box. That forces me to call the store again (takes 2-3 minutes before they usually bother to answer their phones) and hope if it doesn't mention vouchers that there aren't any. It is hard to believe that a product with the same UPC would be different in any way on the contents listed on the side, so once again how do I know if a box has a voucher inside?
Originally Posted by Quake1028
Wedding Crashers - $4.99 (just traded in my DVD for $5)
Where can you trade in an opened Wedding Crashers DVD for $4.99? It's worth $1.15 new at Amazon and less for used. Perhaps you're counting yesterday's Upgrade & Save trade-ins as being worth $5 per DVD and you knew yesterday that the BD would be available today for $4.99? I only trade in junk DVDs worth $1 or less so I look at U&S as a $4 discount putting the BD prices at BB closer to where they should be rather than as each DVD being worth $5. If there is a place to trade it for $4.99 I'd surely like to know.
Old 05-13-12, 02:46 PM

Puyallup WA has Alien Anthology for $39.95, according to the tag, the price is good 'til June 23. Also the individual titles in the series were $9.99 each.
Old 05-13-12, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Manzana

Where can you trade in an opened Wedding Crashers DVD for $4.99? It's worth $1.15 new at Amazon and less for used. Perhaps you're counting yesterday's Upgrade & Save trade-ins as being worth $5 per DVD and you knew yesterday that the BD would be available today for $4.99? I only trade in junk DVDs worth $1 or less so I look at U&S as a $4 discount putting the BD prices at BB closer to where they should be rather than as each DVD being worth $5. If there is a place to trade it for $4.99 I'd surely like to know.
Yes, I am counting the $5 from U&S.
Old 05-13-12, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Too bad no answers on whether the voucher is mentioned on the side of the Samsung 3D Starter kit box. That forces me to call the store again (takes 2-3 minutes before they usually bother to answer their phones) and hope if it doesn't mention vouchers that there aren't any. It is hard to believe that a product with the same UPC would be different in any way on the contents listed on the side, so once again how do I know if a box has a voucher inside?
My box said the contents were 2 pairs of glasses and the 5 movies. I assume (but do not _know_) that the other version would say something about a voucher.
Old 05-13-12, 04:29 PM

Yes, I am counting the $5 from U&S.
Most of us are assuming U&S will be back again in a couple months anyway. I picked up Wedding Crashers and will be saving my DVD to trade in then.
Old 05-13-12, 04:33 PM

I noticed a display at Best Buy today for the first time. The following movies are all $9.99, and they include $10 movie cash to see Prometheus. So the films are basically free after movie cash. I forget what the end date was, but I believe the sale prices were good until early June. Check your stores for details. As far as ordering online, I'm not sure if you'll get the movie cash, but you could always try.

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
The A Team
X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Fight Club
Taken
I, Robot
Last of the Mohicans
Knight and Day
Old 05-13-12, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
Most of us are assuming U&S will be back again in a couple months anyway. I picked up Wedding Crashers and will be saving my DVD to trade in then.
? I don't get what you are saying. I traded in my DVD to get $5 off of a BD. I got the Wedding Crashers BD for $4.99 without any coupons or U&S.
Old 05-13-12, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
I noticed a display at Best Buy today for the first time. The following movies are all $9.99, and they include $10 movie cash to see Prometheus. So the films are basically free after movie cash. I forget what the end date was, but I believe the sale prices were good until early June. Check your stores for details. As far as ordering online, I'm not sure if you'll get the movie cash, but you could always try.

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
The A Team
X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Fight Club
Taken
I, Robot
Last of the Mohicans
Knight and Day
Nice. I'll probably grab X2. I know it's been cheaper but the free ticket to Prometheus makes it worth while even at that price (most of the other titles I either own or have no interest in).
Old 05-13-12, 06:40 PM

? I don't get what you are saying. I traded in my DVD to get $5 off of a BD. I got the Wedding Crashers BD for $4.99 without any coupons or U&S.
I don't know about others, but I'm talking about trading in my old DVD version after buying the blu-ray for $4.99. With no trade-in.
Old 05-13-12, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Which is exactly what I did .
Old 05-13-12, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Which is exactly what I did .
I am aLso confused.
Old 05-13-12, 10:15 PM

My box said the contents were 2 pairs of glasses and the 5 movies. I assume (but do not _know_) that the other version would say something about a voucher.
I bought the 3D Starter Kit (they had 2 and both were identical) and there was no mention of the vouchers on the side. Could anyone who ended up getting the vouchers please look at your box and see if vouchers are mentioned anywhere?

Another alternative would be... could anyone with either version and all of the contents in the box please weigh the box on an accurate scale and post how much that version weighs? Mine is 20.5 ounces. I'd really like to know if I got the voucher or non-voucher version as I don't want to have to deal with vouchers, but once I open it I'm stuck... or are the individual movies shrinkwrapped inside?

There are a load of auctions for the Samsung 3D galsses on eBay but many never sold, some got really low and others really high prices. Once the box is opened, I'm afraid these would have to be sold as opened, unused and untested (as I don't have an active 3D TV), so I'm doubtful these would net more than $20 on eBay under those circumstances.
Old 05-13-12, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by wmhgreen48
Puyallup WA has Alien Anthology for $39.95, according to the tag, the price is good 'til June 23. Also the individual titles in the series were $9.99 each.
I saw this at mine as well, so I think it's nationwide. The problem (for me) is that the first 2 movies are worth $10 each to me with the extras, but the 2nd 2 are barely worth $5, so I passed and I'm going to hold out for $30 on the anthology.
Old 05-13-12, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I believed at your assumption and got all 5 within box (upon opening it)

Thank You Very Much!
Old 05-14-12, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought the 3D Starter Kit (they had 2 and both were identical) and there was no mention of the vouchers on the side. Could anyone who ended up getting the vouchers please look at your box and see if vouchers are mentioned anywhere?

Another alternative would be... could anyone with either version and all of the contents in the box please weigh the box on an accurate scale and post how much that version weighs? Mine is 20.5 ounces. I'd really like to know if I got the voucher or non-voucher version as I don't want to have to deal with vouchers, but once I open it I'm stuck... or are the individual movies shrinkwrapped inside?

There are a load of auctions for the Samsung 3D galsses on eBay but many never sold, some got really low and others really high prices. Once the box is opened, I'm afraid these would have to be sold as opened, unused and untested (as I don't have an active 3D TV), so I'm doubtful these would net more than $20 on eBay under those circumstances.
Movies in the box are shrinkwrapped.

I sold each pair of glasses for $30 each plus $5 shipping on amazon. Gave the guy a shipping credit back of $5 for buying two pairs. So sold two pairs for $65 minus amazon fees and my shipping costs.
Old 05-14-12, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

As soon as I got home, I listed my 3D glasses from the Samsung set on Amazon for $27.75 each. Sold late last night. Even after Amazon's cut and shipping I should make back enough to pay for the entire set. 5 free 3D Blu-ray's = my deal of the year so far, even if it took a little work.
Old 05-14-12, 08:10 AM

The Deer Hunter is currently $9.99 and with the Universal coupon its $6.99 which is a pretty good deal on a great movie.
Old 05-14-12, 01:39 PM
Cool New Member

No one's mentioned the Mel Brooks Collection (9 movies) for $39.99? Got it yesterday.

Also, Sucker Punch should be on the $4.99 list.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.