Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Old 05-03-11, 08:41 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 1,349
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

A year or two ago. I picked up the HP gift box years 1-5. Now, I see they have these Ultimate Editions. What are the differences in these new versions?

Thanks!!
Old 05-03-11, 09:01 AM
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 31,779
Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

You could

a. check reviews here, on this review website.
b. Let me Google that for You!
Old 05-03-11, 09:50 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,658
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Pretty sure there have been threads on this topic in the HD talk area, which is where this thread should have been posted...

Here is the thread for 5 & 6:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/587...ng-7-15-a.html

Here is the thread for 3 & 4:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/57...-editions.html

Here is the thread for 1 & 2:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/558...-editions.html

Last edited by kenbenobi; 05-03-11 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-03-11, 10:00 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Originally Posted by TOLEN
A year or two ago. I picked up the HP gift box years 1-5. Now, I see they have these Ultimate Editions. What are the differences in these new versions?

Thanks!!
This site compares editions of DVDs and Blu-rays
http://dvdcompare.net
Old 05-03-11, 10:41 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: It's always Hot!
Posts: 867
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
You could

a. check reviews here, on this review website.
b. Let me Google that for You!
I like option 3 google it for me please
Old 05-03-11, 10:48 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 1,349
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Yes..I know I can google. I was just looking for some basic differences between the two and figured someone would know off hand.
Old 05-03-11, 10:59 AM
  #7  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 31,779
Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Google would get you that info. Or one of many reviews.
Old 05-03-11, 11:34 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,546
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

There is no bargain to be found here..........................
Old 05-03-11, 12:26 PM
  #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

they added the deleted scenes back into the films and added a lot of documentary making of specials.

is it really that hard to give a guy an answer?
Old 05-03-11, 12:43 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SALEM, OR
Posts: 1,484
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Quid, that's true only for the first two, I think. The rest don't have any extended scenes.
Old 05-03-11, 01:04 PM
  #11  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Originally Posted by izatright
Quid, that's true only for the first two, I think. The rest don't have any extended scenes.
see now if he had read the reviews for the first two, as I had in the past, he may have thought there was no need to read the others assuming they were all the same and would have been misinformed. I think a short answer from someone on the forum isn't too much to ask instead of everyone getting on their case and really not being helpful to their question.

thanks for clearing my mistake up for me though izatright.
Old 05-03-11, 01:16 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
whotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: ^ Kristen Bell
Posts: 23,080
Received 611 Likes on 441 Posts
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

WHy is this in the bargains area?
Please move or close.
Old 05-03-11, 01:48 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,658
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Originally Posted by quid squid
see now if he had read the reviews for the first two, as I had in the past, he may have thought there was no need to read the others assuming they were all the same and would have been misinformed. I think a short answer from someone on the forum isn't too much to ask instead of everyone getting on their case and really not being helpful to their question.

thanks for clearing my mistake up for me though izatright.
I gave him links to where each Ultimate edition, and its differences, are discussed in detail. I shouldn't have to take the time to read each of those threads to find out myself, when he can easily do so. And if he only reads one thread, and doesn't read the rest because he ASSUMES they are the same, well then that would be his fault. Those threads provide detailed information on each Ultimate Edition, and is the best place to get the info he wants.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 05-03-11 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-03-11, 04:37 PM
  #14  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee!
Posts: 111
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Yes, Google is your friend... FRIEND....

True, the first two are better in that they actually have extended cuts, but I would think that doing any self research would discover the across-the-board communal disappointment that all the other movies don't have the same option. That and any Blu-ray review site worth their salt should have at least cursory reviews of the first 4 sets. Keep an eye on sites like blu-ray.com and highdefdigest.com for a good stream of comprehensive Blu-ray reviews!

I'm planning on not double-dipping until the (apparently in-the-works) 3D conversions of 5, 6 and 7.1 are released (hopefully on Blu-ray 3D and not just re-released in theatres) so I can give my brain lots of "oooh shiny" pictures.

Oh, and any future editions of "Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone" should include "Wizard People, Dear Reader" but I know that's never going to happen!
Old 05-03-11, 10:37 PM
  #15  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I gave him links to where each Ultimate edition, and its differences, are discussed in detail. I shouldn't have to take the time to read each of those threads to find out myself, when he can easily do so. And if he only reads one thread, and doesn't read the rest because he ASSUMES they are the same, well then that would be his fault. Those threads provide detailed information on each Ultimate Edition, and is the best place to get the info he wants.
I actually wasn't referring to your post earlier, I was referring to people that feel the need to tell others to use google as if it was adding something constructive to the post.
Old 05-04-11, 12:59 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,658
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Question Re: the Harry Potter blu & Ultimate Editions

Originally Posted by quid squid
I actually wasn't referring to your post earlier, I was referring to people that feel the need to tell others to use google as if it was adding something constructive to the post.
Gotcha!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.