Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 off Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind Blu-Ray

Old 02-08-11, 04:43 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 528 Likes on 465 Posts
Re: $10 off Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind Blu-Ray

Originally Posted by Giles
what the $#%@ Disney, can't they release it sooner... ??? The unfortunate thing for Disney is that the Japanese and other Asian video markets will have released it on bluray/DVD before it's US theatrical release.
It's Disney. I know I'm not surprised. We are usually one of the last regions in showing Ghibli theatrical releases and also making DVD / BD releases available. I will banking on the international release myself.
Old 02-08-11, 04:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by WTK
It's Disney. I know I'm not surprised. We are usually one of the last regions in showing Ghibli theatrical releases and also making DVD / BD releases available. I will banking on the international release myself.
technically it's also unfortunate that that Disney releases do not retain the 7-track mixes for the US video releases of the newer Ghibli films, both the Japanese and Hong Kong bluray/DVD releases retain the EX/ES center rear channel of sound - I had to buy the HK bluray of Ponyo since it was DTS-ES whereas the Disney release was standard 5.1 sound.
Old 02-08-11, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
what the $#%@ Disney, can't they release it sooner... ??? The unfortunate thing for Disney is that the Japanese and other Asian video markets will have released it on bluray/DVD before it's US theatrical release.
Well, but the asian bluray/DVD won't have the English Dub. I myself like to listen it with original language but it is nice extra to have since Disney do great job in dubbing. But 18 month do seem to be very long wait for it to be released in US. I wonder if it's a licensing issue or if the dubbing does take that long?
Old 02-08-11, 05:09 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 528 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by animefan
Well, but the asian bluray/DVD won't have the English Dub. I myself like to listen it with original language but it is nice extra to have since Disney do great job in dubbing. But 18 month do seem to be very long wait for it to be released in US. I wonder if it's a licensing issue or if the dubbing does take that long?
The dubbing was recently announced by Frank Marshall. It's possible that they have just started the whole process.
Old 02-10-11, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I like most Ghibli animated movies, but they've normally been too expensive to buy. My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle are among my favorites. I disliked The Cat Returns and Porco Russo. I think Nausicaa was somewhere in the middle for me... OK and something I'd buy if it's cheap enough.

Long ago when I first saw the title "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind" my brain read it as "Nausea in the Windy Valley", just like when I first saw "Ghibli Studios" I was thinking Giblet Studios.
Old 02-10-11, 01:14 PM

I just printed out my coupon and it doesn't say anything about being good on any other DVDs from Studio Ghibli, only the Nausicaa blu-ray.
Old 02-10-11, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by ppawuk
I just printed out my coupon and it doesn't say anything about being good on any other DVDs from Studio Ghibli, only the Nausicaa blu-ray.
They meant that you could get the coupon by entering in the barcode from any other Ghibli DVD or blu-ray
Old 02-10-11, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coupon didn't work for me. Froze mid-printing both times, then said I had used up my allotted prints. Contacted Disney Rewards, so hopefully I'll hear something back from them about it.
Old 02-10-11, 08:47 PM

I find the coupon printer is very sensitive. Since I use a network printer, I have to be very careful to make sure I'm logged into that computer/printer. Otherwise, it'll pretend to print it and nothing happens, and that uses up 1 of my prints.

Here's a little suggestion: Rather than risk a valuable coupon off the DMR site, go to coupons.com and play with low value coupons to make sure you can print from there. That way if you lose those coupons (like on food products) who cares? Then when it's working OK, go to print the DMR coupons. Since I think they both use the same coupon printer, if one works so should the other.
Old 02-10-11, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I could never get network printers to work. I have to jack into the printer directly and have it be my default printer to make it work. After I started doing that I never had another problem with DMR coupons.
Old 02-11-11, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Manzana
I find the coupon printer is very sensitive. Since I use a network printer, I have to be very careful to make sure I'm logged into that computer/printer. Otherwise, it'll pretend to print it and nothing happens, and that uses up 1 of my prints.

Here's a little suggestion: Rather than risk a valuable coupon off the DMR site, go to coupons.com and play with low value coupons to make sure you can print from there. That way if you lose those coupons (like on food products) who cares? Then when it's working OK, go to print the DMR coupons. Since I think they both use the same coupon printer, if one works so should the other.
Well what didn't make sense is I printed the Bambi coupon off without a hitch 5 minutes prior. Still waiting to hear back from Disney Reward...might have to send another email. I mean, I probably could just make another account, but that's sorta a hassle.
Old 02-11-11, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
Well what didn't make sense is I printed the Bambi coupon off without a hitch 5 minutes prior. Still waiting to hear back from Disney Reward...might have to send another email. I mean, I probably could just make another account, but that's sorta a hassle.
If you have another family member in your house, you might as well make a second DMR account for that person just in case these things happen. It's much easier and faster if you have a problem with 1 of these coupons on your account. I don't think making a new DMR account is particularly difficult.

And as itzaright mentioned, your local or network printer has to be set as the default before you try to print.
Old 02-11-11, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Manzana
If you have another family member in your house, you might as well make a second DMR account for that person just in case these things happen. It's much easier and faster if you have a problem with 1 of these coupons on your account. I don't think making a new DMR account is particularly difficult.

And as itzaright mentioned, your local or network printer has to be set as the default before you try to print.
Yeah, I think I'll just go ahead and make a second account. But it definitely wasn't that I didn't have the right printer set as the default or anything, because like I said, I printed the Bambi one out immediately prior.
Old 02-27-11, 03:06 PM

I really wish Disney would make it easier to get their offers. I have all my printer settings set up correctly as my default printer and then it says thank you for printing the coupon but nothing happens. Tried the Bambi coupon as well as a second account and the same thing happens. My parents called me trying to print it from their computer with no luck. This service is ridiculous.
Old 02-27-11, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've never had any problems until this Nausicaa coupon, but after coupon printer basically froze and refused to print, it refused to let me print the coupons. I tried setting up a new account, but that didn't work. Tried the new account on a different computer with a different printer, and that didn't work. No clue what's going on. I submitted a request for them to mail me the coupon, but who knows how long that will take and if I'll even receive it in time.
Old 02-27-11, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^

There's a reasonable chance that they will release another general $10 coupon since this was an upgrade offer(like they just did with Bambi).
Old 02-27-11, 06:36 PM

Anybody else getting a virus warning? Avast is blocking the coupon.com printer and giving me a win32 crypt-iqm [trj] warning.
Old 03-03-11, 11:45 AM

what's the best price anywhere so far?
Old 03-03-11, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
what's the best price anywhere so far?
$24.99 on Amazon so far... yeah. TRU, Target, and Best Buy don't have the movie listed in their ads =|
Old 03-03-11, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hiro0015
$24.99 on Amazon so far... yeah. TRU, Target, and Best Buy don't have the movie listed in their ads =|
Ah, bummer. Obviously can't use the coupon at Amazon. Hoping for at least $24.99 in retail stores.
Old 03-03-11, 02:20 PM

If anyone is having a problem with printing a coupon (or doesn't have a DMR account)...

Dean from Avon, CT had first dibs on the extra $10 coupon.

Last edited by mcjw_serenity; 03-04-11 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-03-11, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't see this in any store ads for next week ... not looking good for it to be on sale during release week.
Old 03-04-11, 01:35 PM

No one wants the extra coupon? Well, Dean has it now.

Last edited by mcjw_serenity; 03-04-11 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-06-11, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by flix1
I don't see this in any store ads for next week ... not looking good for it to be on sale during release week.
I didn't see it advertised anywhere either. With 2 days until release date, does anyone know if any B&M stores who accept mfg. coupons will be selling the Nausicaa BD and if so for how much?

If Target isn't going to carry it, then there's no reason to go on Tuesday. I know not to try BB since mine doesn't take Disney coupons. In fact, today while at my nearest BB (the one that has said no to my coupons almost 100% of the time) I happened to catch the store manager in the movie section and asked him the coupon policy. He reconfirmed what others had told me: his store will not take any Disney coupons under any circumstances ever because last time they did it Disney didn't pay them. I asked him if he knew why Target still takes them and he said Target probably don't yet realize or maybe doesn't care that they are losing a bunch of money. I asked him what happened with Bambi last week since it mentioned the Disney coupon in the ad, and he said nobody had talked to him about that, but assumed that would be the only exception since the ad specifically said it was OK. So for me that leaves only Target or Walmart.

There no way I'm paying more than $24.99 - $10 coupon for Nausicaa on BD. How I wish Amazon could take the Disney mfg. coupons online.
Old 03-06-11, 06:59 PM

Walmart.com has it for $24.99: http://www.walmart.com/ip/15561794
You might want to look in-store there.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.