Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 off Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind Blu-Ray

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-11, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 off Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind Blu-Ray

Neither of my Wal-mart had it nor did they have stickers for it. It looks like they aren't carrying it. My Target didn't have any either. Bestbuy was selling them for $29.99 in-store and only had 4-5 copies. They were mixed in with the rest of the Blurays and not in the new release section. I was able to pricematch Wal-mart because my BB is awesome and they just check the online price and don't bother calling and then used the $10 off coupon. Total came to $16.xx with tax.

I am happy. FYI this was at the Gainesville, FL Bestbuy.
Old 03-08-11, 10:15 AM
Cool New Member

Sad, while a niche title, the studio has a big following, best buy doesnt list it on their site, wal mart isnt selling it in store, crazy, will check target later and see if they have it.
Old 03-08-11, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BryKasch
Sad, while a niche title, the studio has a big following, best buy doesnt list it on their site, wal mart isnt selling it in store, crazy, will check target later and see if they have it.
I found it on Best Buy's website:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nausica%...-ray&lp=1&cp=1
Old 03-08-11, 10:29 AM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by psychopuppet420
Anyone know if Moviestop takes the Disney coupons? Just wondering incase I strike out finding this at Target and Walmart since Moviestop tends to get most every release.
They should. Moviestop always send out posts on Facebook telling people about the DMR coupons.
Old 03-08-11, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it was $27.99 at my local Target this morning. they had only 4 copies. luckily, it wasn't a "featured" title-of-the-week display, so i don't think anybody else noticed it this morning. $17.99 after coupon; i had a leftover GC worth $4 so it was even cheaper for me. i'm not gonna hassle dealing with PM/Coupon at BB or drive out to my local Walmart. i'm happy to have a copy in hand and for under $15 (before taxes).
Old 03-08-11, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey
Bestbuy was selling them for $29.99 in-store and only had 4-5 copies. They were mixed in with the rest of the Blurays and not in the new release section. I was able to pricematch Wal-mart because my BB is awesome and they just check the online price and don't bother calling and then used the $10 off coupon. Total came to $16.xx with tax.
My BB said they will price match the WM website, but once they see "Not Sold in Stores", it will be a no-go.
Old 03-08-11, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Went to Best Buy and then walked to Target right nearby. Neither store had it in stock. Decided to just cut my losses and order off of Amazon. Cheaper than driving to other stores to use my coupon when they probably don't even have it. Ugh.
Old 03-08-11, 11:14 AM
Cool New Member

I'm getting an error message "This code isn't live" when I enter the barcode and hit enter. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 03-08-11, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by ufjason
I'm getting an error message "This code isn't live" when I enter the barcode and hit enter. Anyone else having this issue?
What code are you talking about? The coupon barcode? Are you trying to use it online?
Old 03-08-11, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

My coupon didn't print so I got mad and decided to wait on this title
Old 03-08-11, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The only place in my town carrying the title is Best Buy, for $29.99. Grr...
Old 03-08-11, 12:54 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by vmars
What code are you talking about? The coupon barcode? Are you trying to use it online?
The UPC code on the DMR site. It's no longer allowing you to print coupons. Does anyone have a scan or will they fix this issue as other have mentioned this has happened on a title's release date before.
Old 03-08-11, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Best Buy didn't have these in stock, but luckily my Target had 2 copies. So I got it for $27.99 less the $10 Coupon and I also had a $10 Gift Card, so only ended up paying about $9 after sales tax. Not as great as other Disney Blu-rays, but still cheaper than it probably will ever be for a long time, especially considering Ghibli titles never go on sale.
Old 03-08-11, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
My BB said they will price match the WM website, but once they see "Not Sold in Stores", it will be a no-go.
my best buy price matched it even though it said not sold in stores.
she looked right at it and didnt say a thing. though she did try to give me the cant price match and use a coupon bs. I said "You're wrong and Ive even called Corp. right here from line and had it verified in the past that Bestbuys policy doesnt prohibit using a manufactures coupon on a item price matched, i can do it again right now if you want" she kind of huffed and then called her manager who verified yes a customer can get a price match and use the coupon as well.
and she went ahead and accepted it.
Old 03-08-11, 02:34 PM

Got back from bestbuy. Was able to pricematch the walmart price and use the coupon without any hassle. $17.11 total w/tax.

However, this might be the last time we are able to use the Disney coupon at this store. Pricematching walmart price from my smartphone was no problem, but when I gave the cashier the coupon, she mentions that she got another of "this" coupon to the cashier next to her and started adjusting the coupon manually. Then the manager overheard this and came over, asking if she scanned the coupon or not. When the cashier said she didn't, the manager started lecturing her about how they all got a memo from the rep saying that they should scan all the coupon and don't adjust manually anymore. I guess from now on, if the coupon doesn't scan on their system, they can't accept it. (which from previous experience, none of the Disney coupon would scan)
Luckily for me, she already finished adjusting by that time and I paid it right away(was so in hurry to get out of there, I didn't even use my giftcard )

Really disappointed that this title is not mainstream enough to be in the "new release" section with decent sale or be in the ad at least. I thought being under Disney label would give more exposure, but guess not. Really worried about future Ghibli films
Old 03-08-11, 02:34 PM

The lady that checked the price went to the Wal-mart site to check the price. I didn't see the screen but I assume it said "not sold in stores" at that point too and she pricematched it for me. Of course YMMV but it might be worth a shot if your BB is not too out of the way for you.
Old 03-08-11, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My local Target had 2 copies, and I bought them both. It was low down on the rack, 2nd row from the bottom. Target definitely isn't pushing sales of this title...
Old 03-08-11, 03:01 PM

Can't believe I missed Disney.com's $10 off promotion. Had I known the offer would expire before the movie's release date I would have gone ahead and printed out the coupon weeks ago.

Would it be possible for a kind soul to upload a scan of the coupon for those of us who missed out on the deal? I was really looking forward to upgrading from my DVD verson of Nausicaa, but not at the price of $25-$30.
Old 03-08-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SCReuter
Would it be possible for a kind soul to upload a scan of the coupon for those of us who missed out on the deal? I was really looking forward to upgrading from my DVD verson of Nausicaa, but not at the price of $25-$30.
It wouldn't be a kind soul, it'd be a dishonest one. The coupons are unique, meaning if they scanned it for you, you'd have to get them to rip up the original and not use it themselves. Anything else would be fraud.
Old 03-08-11, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCReuter
Can't believe I missed Disney.com's $10 off promotion. Had I known the offer would expire before the movie's release date I would have gone ahead and printed out the coupon weeks ago.

I don't know if it will still work or not, but I have the direct link:
http://bricks.coupons.com/enable.asp...nBkIHUE2UR5ZpI
The link itself works, but I don't know if it will actually print or not. I can't test it, because I already printed it...
Old 03-08-11, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by izatright
It wouldn't be a kind soul, it'd be a dishonest one. The coupons are unique, meaning if they scanned it for you, you'd have to get them to rip up the original and not use it themselves. Anything else would be fraud.
Ah, if fraud and unique bar codes are involved, forget I asked.

*Begins crossing fingers that Disney offers another coupon promotion for the movie*
Old 03-08-11, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
My best buy price matched it even though it said not sold in stores. She looked right at it and didn't say a thing, though she did try to give me the "can't price match and use a coupon" BS. I said "You're wrong and I've even called Corporate right here from line and had it verified in the past that Best Buy's policy doesn't prohibit using a manufactures coupon on a item price matched, I can do it again right now if you want". She kind of huffed and then called her manager who verified yes a customer can get a price match and use the coupon as well, and she went ahead and accepted it.
Originally Posted by Spunkymonkey
The lady that checked the price went to the Wal-mart site to check the price. I didn't see the screen but I assume it said "not sold in stores" at that point too, and she price-matched it for me. Of course YMMV, but it might be worth a shot if your BB is not too out of the way for you.
Seems I got lucky too. The only WM web-page that shows "Not Sold in Stores" comes up when you do a search for "Nausicaa". Once you click the link, and go to the actual page, there's no sign of that statement. In fact, it says "Available". ('course that's just online ).

Soooo, to avoid any confusion, I printed that page and took it in with me. No problem at all. CS guy then took the $10 Disney coupon as well. OTD for $15 + tax.

P.S. - I really don't understand BB's hang-up with these coupons as others have reported. They actually encouraged the Bambi coupon last week, and this one, (for all intents and purposes), is exactly the same.
Old 03-08-11, 08:36 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Seems I got lucky too. The only WM web-page that shows "Not Sold in Stores" comes up when you do a search for "Nausicaa". Once you click the link, and go to the actual page, there's no sign of that statement. In fact, it says "Available". ('course that's just online ).

Soooo, to avoid any confusion, I printed that page and took it in with me. No problem at all. CS guy then took the $10 Disney coupon as well. OTD for $15 + tax.

P.S. - I really don't understand BB's hang-up with these coupons as others have reported. They actually encouraged the Bambi coupon last week, and this one, (for all intents and purposes), is exactly the same.
I don't think it's the coupon as much as the coupon AND a price match... they always call it "double dipping" which is totally lame.... I wish Ultimate electronics hadn't gone under
Old 03-08-11, 08:46 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

No luck at my Target on the way home. There was a slot for it, but it was empty. I may check later in the week before ordering from Amazon.
Old 03-08-11, 09:19 PM
Suspended

After all the posts about the dearth of copies at retail locations, I stopped by my local Target. They had 3 copies, so I bit the bullet and picked up a copy. $20.72 ($27.99 + CA tax - coupon). I won't feel so cheated if I can find someone willing to pay $17 for my unopened DVD copy on half.com.

Last edited by fidodido; 03-08-11 at 09:25 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.