Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 off Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind Blu-Ray

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-11, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$10 off Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind Blu-Ray

Get your $10 off coupon for Nausicaa, use this barcode as your code on disneymovierewards.go.com

Old 02-07-11, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: $10 off Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind Blu-Ray

Nice! Thanks for posting. Was worried they might not do an upgrade coupon for this title.

I'm surprised at how early Disney has released this one and the Bambi one. Usually we only get them a few days in advance.
Old 02-07-11, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
I'm surprised at how early Disney has released this one and the Bambi one. Usually we only get them a few days in advance.
Actually, I thought Alice was the exception. At least on the titles I want I noticed they released it a week or more in advance.

In on this. Got the email a few minutes ago! Printed two.
Old 02-07-11, 08:55 PM

I was hoping they would have a $10 coupon for this release. Studio Ghibli movies, like the vault titles, rarely go on sale so this is a welcomed sight. Great movie btw.
Old 02-07-11, 09:08 PM

Awesome! I was afraid Ghilbli films won't be getting the coupons.
I guess I am going to be upgrading all of my Ghibli Films on Blu-ray now.
Can't wait how video is going to look.
Old 02-07-11, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks! printed mine. I hope TRU has some nice deal so I can also get Earthsea at a decent price.
Old 02-07-11, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by mifuneral
thanks! printed mine. I hope TRU has some nice deal so I can also get Earthsea at a decent price.
Good luck with TRU, ever since James and the Giant Peach I think, they have had some of the highest day 1 prices that I have ever seen that cannot even be offset by the coupons and discounts from preorders. You'll most likely be better off with Target or Best Buy.

Oh and has Tales from Earthsea even had a blu-ray announcement here? All I see is a dvd release on the same day as Nausicaa here.
Old 02-08-11, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by vmars
Good luck with TRU, ever since James and the Giant Peach I think, they have had some of the highest day 1 prices that I have ever seen that cannot even be offset by the coupons and discounts from preorders. You'll most likely be better off with Target or Best Buy.

Oh and has Tales from Earthsea even had a blu-ray announcement here? All I see is a dvd release on the same day as Nausicaa here.
Only a DVD. It's not even out on Blu-Ray in Japan yet.

I am surprised we didn't get Castle in the Sky and My Neighbors the Yamadas on Blu-Ray as those have been out for several months now in Japan. But who knows when we'll get those...
Old 02-08-11, 03:41 AM

I saw Nausicaa on Blu-ray in Japan. It looked great, and I will definitely be adding it to my collection when it is released here. I was there for a week this past August when it was released in Blu-ray, as this was a big deal in stores selling DVDs. Amazon has the release date for both Nausicaa Blu and Tales From Earthsea (SD) as Feb 8th. I was surprised back then at how few of the Studio Ghibli films had been upgraded to Blu-ray in Japan. So I wouldn't expect to see many released in blu-ray until at least the summer of 2011 here in the US.

Off topic, I also saw the newest Studio Ghilbli release The Borrower Arrietty, which had just opened in theaters in Japan in August 2010. It was wonderful, and I am looking forward to its release in theaters hopefully this summer in the US.

Last edited by HOSALE; 02-08-11 at 03:59 AM.
Old 02-08-11, 06:07 AM

AWESOME Ty OP!
Old 02-08-11, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FYI, this is also applicable even if you're not upgrading from Nausicaa itself. It can be any of the below. Pulled from the site...

"*Eligible DVD and Blu-ray titles: Ponyo, Ponyo Gift Set, My Neighbor Totoro Special Edition, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki’s Delivery Service Special Edition, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky Special Edition, Castle in the Sky, Howl’s Moving Castle, Whisper the Heart, My Neighbor The Yamadas, The Cat Returns, Porco Rosso, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke"
Old 02-08-11, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

I'm in.
Old 02-08-11, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Terrific. Thanks, OP!
Old 02-08-11, 09:56 AM

Thanks OP.
Old 02-08-11, 11:39 AM

Received 1,910 Likes on 1,128 Posts

Ugh. My printer settings were mixed up (old name set to default even though the new name for the same printer is the one that works) and it didn't print. And now it tells me I've already redeemed the offer without ever getting the coupon.

Anyone who doesn't want the offer want to print it off and tell me the code? I suppose if that describes you, you wouldn't be in this thread...
Old 02-08-11, 03:00 PM

Anyone?

What does the coupon look like? Maybe I could get a friend who isn't interested in the coupon and who is a Disney Rewards member to print it off for me.
Old 02-08-11, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Anyone?

What does the coupon look like? Maybe I could get a friend who isn't interested in the coupon and who is a Disney Rewards member to print it off for me.
It looks like every other disney coupon from the past year. Your best bet is to get a friend to print it off for you. Having some random number isn't going to do you any good.
Old 02-08-11, 03:07 PM

I'm brand-new to Disney Rewards so I don't know what that looks like. Can I use it on Amazon or is it a B&M coupon only?
Old 02-08-11, 03:30 PM

I'm brand-new to Disney Rewards so I don't know what that looks like. Can I use it on Amazon or is it a B&M coupon only?
Brick and morter only, though amazon may make an exception if you email them and mention it, it's all up to their discretion.
Old 02-08-11, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vmars
Brick and morter only, though amazon may make an exception if you email them and mention it, it's all up to their discretion.
I sent Amazon an email including a link to the coupon offer asking if they would credit my account $10 for the coupon before I even ordered it from them and they went ahead and did just that.

*runs out of thread*
Old 02-08-11, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ugh. My printer settings were mixed up (old name set to default even though the new name for the same printer is the one that works) and it didn't print. And now it tells me I've already redeemed the offer without ever getting the coupon.

Anyone who doesn't want the offer want to print it off and tell me the code? I suppose if that describes you, you wouldn't be in this thread...
Try this-

1. Sign in
2. Click the My DMR link
3. Click on the Unlocked Offers link
4. Click on the Do You Own Previously Release Studio Ghibli DVDs or Blu-rays? link
5. Print coupon

Hopefully this will print one out for you.
Old 02-08-11, 03:53 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

10 dollars of a Ghibli disc? oh awesome! much thanks
Old 02-08-11, 03:59 PM

No dice, but I appreciate the suggestion, SBJ.
Old 02-08-11, 04:33 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSALE
I was surprised back then at how few of the Studio Ghibli films had been upgraded to Blu-ray in Japan. So I wouldn't expect to see many released in blu-ray until at least the summer of 2011 here in the US.
If Japan doesn't get a BD release, the U.S. won't get one. Even if there is one (Castle in the Sky and My Neighbors the Yamadas), it may be a while before it's released for N. America. IMO Nausicaä may be the only Ghibli BD release this year for N. America.
Off topic, I also saw the newest Studio Ghilbli release The Borrower Arrietty, which had just opened in theaters in Japan in August 2010. It was wonderful, and I am looking forward to its release in theaters hopefully this summer in the US.
Not happening this year. The theatrical run is targeted for February 2012: link.
Old 02-08-11, 04:36 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by WTK
If Japan doesn't get a BD release, the U.S. won't get one. Even if there is one (Castle in the Sky and My Neighbors the Yamadas), it may be a while before it's released for N. America. IMO Nausicaä may be the only Ghibli BD release this year for N. America.

Not happening this year. The theatrical run is targeted for February 2012: link.
what the $#%@ Disney, can't they release it sooner... ??? The unfortunate thing for Disney is that the Japanese and other Asian video markets will have released it on bluray/DVD before it's US theatrical release.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.