DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/560355-walmart-walmart-com-discounts-deals-blu-ray.html)

jmsmath 06-20-12 12:12 AM

re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Just ordered The American online with free site-to-store shipping for $6.96.

Goldberg74 06-21-12 05:16 PM

I found a Walmart Exclusive Triple Feature of the TMNT I-III for $15! It's a repackage of the old Bluray set in a triple case (with the pizza top disc art inside). Not available online... yet.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5205/47179large.jpg

Rexxriot 06-21-12 07:52 PM

I got Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Walmart exclusive for $5 today.

whotony 06-21-12 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 11280595)
I found a Walmart Exclusive Triple Feature of the TMNT I-III for $15! It's a repackage of the old Bluray set in a triple case (with the pizza top disc art inside). Not available online... yet.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5205/47179large.jpg

Someone found it about three weeks ago.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/602...a-turtles.html

That'sAllFolks 06-22-12 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot (Post 11280740)

Thank you. Snagged a copy today.

boc4ever 06-22-12 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot (Post 11280740)

Thanks for the heads up. Is this in a special place?

Rexxriot 06-23-12 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by boc4ever (Post 11282036)
Thanks for the heads up. Is this in a special place?

I found it on an endcap next to about 20 copies of the 2 disc Star Trek (2009) DVD. I think some people have found copies in the $7.88 blu-ray bin or the $5 DVD bin.

Manzana 06-23-12 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot (Post 11282505)
I found it on an endcap next to about 20 copies of the 2 disc Star Trek (2009) DVD. I think some people have found copies in the $7.88 blu-ray bin or the $5 DVD bin.

I looked everywhere and on endcaps. I didn't see the Transformers 2 BD anywhere, and as usual the employees didn't know anything and wouldn't even try to find it. They basically just said "I haven't seen it for a long time so I'm pretty sure we don't have it".

Ropes Pierre 06-23-12 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11282650)
I looked everywhere and on endcaps. I didn't see the Transformers 2 BD anywhere, and as usual the employees didn't know anything and wouldn't even try to find it. They basically just said "I haven't seen it for a long time so I'm pretty sure we don't have it".

I think that mean manager who hates you, sees you coming and hides them all. Next time ask about a movie you don't want and throw them off the scent.

Sweet Baby James 06-23-12 01:56 PM

My store has a 3 sided stand-up display at the entrance of the store. The first two sides have the new releases for the past week or two. The third side has Transformers and Star Trek.:)

CaptainMarvel 06-23-12 07:02 PM

I've only been able to find Blade Trinity on BR at my store... Blade 1 is nowhere to be seen. Hrm.

That'sAllFolks 06-23-12 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11282650)

The WM I got the Star Trek 3D from had them in the back. They were insistent that they didn't have any. I was insistent that they look and I even got an apology when she found a whole bunch of them in the back. The main WM I go to had said they had neither the Star Trek or Transformers and were insistent that they were NOT going to look, so I know getting them to do things like this is a big YMMV.

BTW, I went past WM (where I got the TF) today and they had the Transformers on the side of an endcap with a $5 price sticker above them, so I guess after my visit, she put them out.

PhantomStranger 06-24-12 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James (Post 11282713)
My store has a 3 sided stand-up display at the entrance of the store. The first two sides have the new releases for the past week or two. The third side has Transformers and Star Trek.:)

That's exactly where I've seen them at multiple locations.

TheMovieman 06-24-12 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel (Post 11282907)
I've only been able to find Blade Trinity on BR at my store... Blade 1 is nowhere to be seen. Hrm.

Nice that yours even had that. None in my area has either one (not to mention Target and Best Buy). As I said before, quite the stealth release by Warner...

vgc 06-24-12 07:08 AM

These may have been mentioned before, but there was a new display of Blu Ray/DVD two packs. They have both the Blu Ray and the DVD in seperate cases for $9.96. The movies I remember were The Town, and Pale Rider. There were at least 16 titles but I was only interested in those two so I don't remember the other titles.

flix1 06-24-12 04:13 PM

No luck finding the TMNT Triple pack or the original Blade. In fact, at the store I visited today, none of the Blade movies.

I did score Witchblade The Complete Series on DVD for $13

gryffinmaster 06-24-12 04:54 PM

This whole Blade thing is really bizarre.

Still not at my store, either, nor is it at any Best Buy within a pretty wide radius from my place (near a major city, no less, including two substantially-decent stores).

My Other Self 06-24-12 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster (Post 11283637)
Still not at my store, either, nor is it at any Best Buy within a pretty wide radius from my place (near a major city, no less, including two substantially-decent stores).

I've only seen it at Fry's retail-wise since it's come out. I haven't picked it up yet, though, as I don't want to pay $14.99 a piece for them.

darkhawk 06-24-12 05:20 PM

I've tried 3 WM and had no luck finding the TMNT set. Did buy the Stallone set though.

Brent L 06-24-12 10:21 PM

I have been checking my Walmart for the TMNT set the past few times I've gone in. I found the display, but didn't see the TMNT at all. Finally, today I went in and I found one single copy on the very bottom. It looks like the TMNT sets were all behind other selections but I never bothered to look behind every single section. I got the last one, so I got very lucky.

jmsmath 06-24-12 11:44 PM

Picked up John Carpenter's The Ward in-store for $9.96 last night.

Kedrix 06-25-12 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Brent L (Post 11283958)
I have been checking my Walmart for the TMNT set the past few times I've gone in. I found the display, but didn't see the TMNT at all. Finally, today I went in and I found one single copy on the very bottom. It looks like the TMNT sets were all behind other selections but I never bothered to look behind every single section. I got the last one, so I got very lucky.

Geez...I don't have my hopes at all up for this. I'll give it a shot at the Walmart that's near my work today and hope for the best I guess. It would be super nice to replace my dvds though.

Edit: Strike one, the wally I went barely has any blus at all and I didn't see that display anywhere and I looked all over. Why this is an exclusive of sorts (and not sold on Walmart.com from what I can find) is beyond me.

JimRochester 06-25-12 03:00 PM

Couldn't find Transformers or Star Trek today. My son is in Missouri for 5 months for his combat engineer training and I was going to grab them for him. If I don't have any luck, and someone can grab them and mail them to my son at the ARMY base, I'd gladly reimburse them.

Did find US Marhsalls which I had been hunting for

flix1 06-26-12 09:48 PM

I gave in an ordered the original Blade (with movie cash) from Walmart.com ship-to-store for just under $14.

It was actually out of stock on Sunday, and I was kicking myself for not buying it earlier. When it came back in stock, I figured its just as good as getting it for $10 without the cash (which I would likely pay down the line anyway).

Blade Trinity is now $9.96 online and includes movie cash.

Kedrix 06-27-12 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix (Post 11284193)
Geez...I don't have my hopes at all up for this. I'll give it a shot at the Walmart that's near my work today and hope for the best I guess. It would be super nice to replace my dvds though.

Edit: Strike one, the wally I went barely has any blus at all and I didn't see that display anywhere and I looked all over. Why this is an exclusive of sorts (and not sold on Walmart.com from what I can find) is beyond me.

And Strike two. Went to another Wally today and no TMNT 3-pack either. Didn't think it be this difficult. I guess I'll give one or two more shots on Friday at other locations and then I'll just give it up for now. If I liked Wal-marts, I guess it would be different.