DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/560355-walmart-walmart-com-discounts-deals-blu-ray.html)

Spiderbite 11-13-23 03:46 PM

Re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man (Post 14349627)
No, no bins. They'll just find floorspace for them.

"Floorspace" for my local Wal-marts means just that...throwing them on the floor. :lol:

MooMooMooMoo 11-14-23 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite (Post 14349793)
"Floorspace" for my local Wal-marts means just that...throwing them on the floor. :lol:

I thought floor space in Walmart meant to leave room for the Covid...............

TheOne 11-24-23 08:19 PM

Sadly no shippers on Black Friday at the local Walmart. I guess Walmart isn't doing any deals on bluray or dvd. The sign of the times as physical media is slowly dying.

PhantomStranger 11-25-23 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by TheOne (Post 14354752)
Sadly no shippers on Black Friday at the local Walmart. I guess Walmart isn't doing any deals on bluray or dvd. The sign of the times as physical media is slowly dying.

This was the first Black Friday since I was a teenager when I didn't make at least a cursory visit to Walmart.

whotony 11-25-23 04:07 PM

I stopped in the local today for food and saw not one shipper for anything in our store.
Grabbed the last 4K Oppenheimer.

lwhy? 11-25-23 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 14354962)
I stopped in the local today for food and saw not one shipper for anything in our store.
Grabbed the last 4K Oppenheimer.

Those 4K Oppenheimers are rare finds. They're sold out almost everywhere.

whotony 11-25-23 05:16 PM

It had a slip on it too.

smurrlock 01-18-24 12:07 PM

Stopped at my local Wally World today and they had a whole new section of 4k and blu ray steelbooks! Picked up STB’s of 4k Carrie, Army of Darkness, Backdraft, and 3 disc SB BR Fireflyof the Rob Zombie trilogy , 1000 corpses etc.- they had many others including some Disney titles, Ip Man Trilogy, Jurassic Park and more! Prices varied-

bcraig 04-09-24 01:15 PM

Wal-Mart, and you have to dig for them, has some $5 4k movies in the $5 bin.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...494bd2c6ef.jpg

whotony 04-09-24 01:46 PM

That has been all over Reddit and probably SDs too for a couple weeks.
I’ve not seen anything other then dvds in a $5 been in years

PhantomStranger 04-09-24 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 14411448)
That has been all over Reddit and probably SDs too for a couple weeks.
I’ve not seen anything other then dvds in a $5 been in years

Man, I wish I had seen this news a couple weeks ago. I'd bet most of these have been cleaned out in my area by now.

darkdaze73 04-10-24 06:06 PM

They were not supposed to put them out until April 2, but obviously some ignored the date and dumped them ahead of schedule.

I bought Belly, Chaos Walking and Total Recall last week. I saw several others but I already owned most on BD.

I stopped by a different store today hoping to find Moonfall. This store is in the process of doing a major reset with electronics recently being finished.

They had about 2/3 of a row with movies/tv shows. That was it outside of the endcap for newer releases. I did walk by a clearance section and noticed some movies marked down.

I picked up the recent Boogeyman for $5 along with the tv show Justified: City Primeval for $5 also.

I saw several 4K steelbooks marked down. Arizona was $15, Red Dawn was $10 along with 3 or 4 more for $10. I passed on all of those.

smurrlock 04-14-24 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by darkdaze73 (Post 14411976)
They were not supposed to put them out until April 2, but obviously some ignored the date and dumped them ahead of schedule.

I bought Belly, Chaos Walking and Total Recall last week. I saw several others but I already owned most on BD.

I stopped by a different store today hoping to find Moonfall. This store is in the process of doing a major reset with electronics recently being finished.

They had about 2/3 of a row with movies/tv shows. That was it outside of the endcap for newer releases. I did walk by a clearance section and noticed some movies marked down.

I picked up the recent Boogeyman for $5 along with the tv show Justified: City Primeval for $5 also.

I saw several 4K steelbooks marked down. Arizona was $15, Red Dawn was $10 along with 3 or 4 more for $10. I passed on all of those.

I picked up Arizona on a blind buy… Was hilarious and violent and mixed together perfectly IMO! I laughed my butt off and one of the few films I watched twice in a row in one sitting!A lot of IMDB folks I feel missed the point but this film is definately a gem IMO!

clckworang 04-16-24 10:02 AM

I stopped by a couple of stores, but they didn't have any of the clearance titles. Maybe I'm too late or maybe these stores didn't get them.