Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart Exclusive(??) WB Blu-ray 3-packs - Lost Boys, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles +

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Wal-Mart Exclusive(??) WB Blu-ray 3-packs - Lost Boys, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles +

Old 06-08-12, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got back from the local Wal-Mart. They had a large display of those Warner Brother Blu-Ray Triple Features that have become popular. While several titles were familiar (like the Twister / Poseidon / Perfect Storm set), there were a few that I haven't seen before. Amazon.com, for instance, doesn't have a listing for a Triple Feature of the Lost Boys movies. There was also a Triple Feature of the original 3 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies from the '90s. Does anyone know if more are coming out - or if these are indeed just Wal-Mart Exclusives?
Old 06-08-12, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Wal-Mart Exclusive(??) WB Blu-ray 3-packs - Lost Boys, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtl

I saw Superman/Superman II (Richard Donner Cut)/Superman Returns at Target recently. I hadn't seen that one before.
Old 06-08-12, 03:44 PM

Re: Wal-Mart Exclusive(??) WB Blu-ray 3-packs - Lost Boys, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtl

Originally Posted by mrpeavey View Post
I just got back from the local Wal-Mart. They had a large display of those Warner Brother Blu-Ray Triple Features that have become popular. While several titles were familiar (like the Twister / Poseidon / Perfect Storm set), there were a few that I haven't seen before. Amazon.com, for instance, doesn't have a listing for a Triple Feature of the Lost Boys movies. There was also a Triple Feature of the original 3 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies from the '90s. Does anyone know if more are coming out - or if these are indeed just Wal-Mart Exclusives?
Those are indeed Walmart exclusives. They also have Oceans 11 / Oceans 12 / Oceans 13 Triple Feature.

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
I saw Superman/Superman II (Richard Donner Cut)/Superman Returns at Target recently. I hadn't seen that one before.
That is a Target exclusive. Very nice looking slip may I add
Old 06-08-12, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

What do those cost?
Old 06-08-12, 03:46 PM

$14.99
Old 06-08-12, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd be down for the TMNT set.
Old 06-08-12, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wouldn't the Ocean's set duplicate the other Ocean's trilogy (which I bought recently)?
Old 06-08-12, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
Wouldn't the Ocean's set duplicate the other Ocean's trilogy (which I bought recently)?
This new one is 3 discs in one case. The old one was 3 discs in 3 cases. Same discs though.

I picked up the Lost Boys triple feature earlier this week. I'm glad it came out because a couple of weeks ago I ordered the third one for in store pick-up at Best Buy and ended up not picking it up because I figured something like this would be coming out. I thought I would have to wait until Halloween or something, but now is good too.
Old 06-08-12, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rexxriot View Post
This new one is 3 discs in one case. The old one was 3 discs in 3 cases. Same discs though.
Right, that makes sense since I got the Seagal three-pack and that was in once case
Old 06-08-12, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by a/v Junkie View Post
Those are indeed Walmart exclusives. They also have Oceans 11 / Oceans 12 / Oceans 13 Triple Feature.

That is a Target exclusive. Very nice looking slip may I add
Thanks for confirming this, a/v Junkie.

On the flip side, I've yet to see Rest Stop / Rest Stop 2 / Otis anywhere in a retail store. I might pick it up if the price drops at amazon.
Old 06-08-12, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

On the flip side, I've yet to see Rest Stop / Rest Stop 2 / Otis anywhere in a retail store. I might pick it up if the price drops at amazon.
I'd love the artwork just so I could condense my current big box versions.
Old 06-08-12, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

Are these only store exclusives and not available at Walmart.com?
Old 06-09-12, 10:02 AM

No problem!!

Do you have a Fry's in your area?? If you do they should have copies in stock.
Old 06-09-12, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
Are these only store exclusives and not available at Walmart.com?
In-store exclusive only.
Old 06-11-12, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Grabbed the TMNT set this morning... didn't even look at the others as I was in a hurry. This is a great deal for me since I have no desire to own the animated film or the crappy packaging/nick-nacks that come with the full box set.
Old 06-12-12, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Bought the "Lost Boys" set yesterday.
Old 06-12-12, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by SethDLH View Post
Grabbed the TMNT set this morning... didn't even look at the others as I was in a hurry. This is a great deal for me since I have no desire to own the animated film or the crappy packaging/nick-nacks that come with the full box set.
I am a TMNT addict. Especially when it comes to the 3 original movies. I had to go to Wal-Mart today and pick up a minty copy of this latest re-release as well. I really like that they combined the art from the individual 25th anniversary DVD slipcovers for this new one. The 15.00 price tag is pretty awesome too.
Old 06-12-12, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Picked up the TMNT. 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Who knows, maybe one day I'll revisit the 3rd. But odds are, if I thought it was shit even as a kid, I'd want to blow my brains out today.
Old 06-13-12, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm definitely grabbing the Turtles one (out in Canada next week) - since I've been kicking myself for not picking up the original set (since I already had TMNT and didn't care about the beanie etc.). It's been annoying watching prices skyrocket now that it is hard to find and I've been getting close to buying it for a ridiculous amount. Now that problem has been solved
Old 06-14-12, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Nothing to add, just can't help but thinking that's a fairly clever little grouping, especially if it's the extended version of the first movie. It's similar to my DVD collection (I skipped 3 and 4, but have both versions of 2. And Supergirl )

Plus it sets them up to release the theatrical of 2 in a triple pack with 3 and 4 for the completists.

Sometimes the studios do actually act like they know what they're doing
Old 06-15-12, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by milo bloom View Post
Sometimes the studios do actually act like they know what they're doing
Ummm.....Slipcover????
Old 06-19-12, 01:32 PM

This is just insane.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTA..._qi=RTM1084480
Old 06-21-12, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by a/v Junkie View Post
Well it does come with the slipcover
Old 06-21-12, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I dont know why that person would ask that much for it. It should still be in stores.
Old 06-21-12, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by rexinnih View Post
Well it does come with the slipcover
Sure but the slip is not OOP. You can still find copies at Walmart

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial View Post
I dont know why that person would ask that much for it. It should still be in stores.
People like to assume that an exclusive will be rare even though it is still selling at Walmart so they like to hike up the price and sell it on e(vil)Bay for a ridiculous price.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.