DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/560355-walmart-walmart-com-discounts-deals-blu-ray.html)

JimRochester 06-27-12 02:50 PM

re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Found the Transformers 2 but no Star Trek.

darkhawk 06-27-12 07:56 PM

Bought The Tree of Life online for $12.96.

Quake1028 06-28-12 08:18 AM

I'd be willing to send a few people the TMNT set for $20 shipped, if they wanted it. That would only cover tax and shipping, no profit to me. I've seen it at a few of my Wal-Mart's.

Manzana 06-28-12 01:31 PM

I liked the last movie they called "TMNT" but that isn't included in this set, so even if I found this in-store I'm not sure if I'd buy it for $15. If it included TMNT then I might for $20. I didn't even bother to look last time I went for food. My Walmart almost never has anything, and if they do it's hidden in a spot that no employees know where it is.

I've looked twice all over the store (front and back) for Transformers 2. I didn't see it or Star Trek, so I think my store doesn't have them (or they're in the back and no employees are willing to look... they just say they haven't seen it for a long time so they probably don't have it). If you actually ask an employee to go into the back, the answer is usually I'm the only one on duty in this department so I can't leave the floor. My Walmart always seems to run a bare minimum staff. Better to save money on employee costs and make customers wait a long time and try to find stuff for themselves. It's almost as bad as Sam's Club or Costco where employees only exist at the membership desk, registers, or putting stuff on the shelf. When the putting stuff on the shelf employees see me heading towards them for a question, they often try to get away. The others you have to wait in line a long time to ask a question. It makes buying online more appealing.

SethDLH 06-28-12 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11288788)
I liked the last movie they called "TMNT" but that isn't included in this set, so even if I found this in-store I'm not sure if I'd buy it for $15. If it included TMNT then I might for $20. I didn't even bother to look last time I went for food. My Walmart almost never has anything, and if they do it's hidden in a spot that no employees know where it is.

I couldn't be happier to find a reasonably priced set without TMNT. $5 per disc for the movies I care about (even though part 3 isn't good) is great. I'd hate to have to spend another $5 for that animated crap fest.

Obi-Wanma 06-28-12 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by SethDLH (Post 11288863)
I couldn't be happier to find a reasonably priced set without TMNT. $5 per disc for the movies I care about (even though part 3 isn't good) is great. I'd hate to have to spend another $5 for that animated crap fest.

I prefer TNMT to Turtles in Time.

MrSmearkase 06-28-12 03:13 PM

It's almost as bad as Sam's Club or Costco where employees only exist at the membership desk, registers, or putting stuff on the shelf. When the putting stuff on the shelf employees see me heading towards them for a question, they often try to get away. The others you have to wait in line a long time to ask a question. It makes buying online more appealing.

:lol:

Kedrix 06-28-12 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Quake1028 (Post 11288321)
I'd be willing to send a few people the TMNT set for $20 shipped, if they wanted it. That would only cover tax and shipping, no profit to me. I've seen it at a few of my Wal-Mart's.

$20 would be fair honestly. Let me check two more stores tomorrow and if it is a no-go, that's very kind of you and I will message you.

Rexxriot 06-28-12 11:11 PM

If you have a Five Below near you, they had TMNT on blu for $5.

Novasonic 06-29-12 08:26 PM

i only had two problems with TMNT (the cgi one): splinter's awful sounding voice and the lack of shredder, otherwise, i thought it was okay.

Kedrix 06-30-12 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix (Post 11288974)
$20 would be fair honestly. Let me check two more stores tomorrow and if it is a no-go, that's very kind of you and I will message you.

Checked my final two stores which is about 2 past my limit of Walmart stores in a given year ;). No TMNT, *grumble*

CaptainMarvel 07-01-12 04:11 PM

I checked 3 more Wal-Marts. One had just Blade Trinity, and the other two had neither part 1 nor part 3.

FYI, I swung by Best Buy, and they had both Blade and Blade Trinity on sale for $9.99 each, each with $5 movie money towards DKR. I just ended up buying them there.

My Other Self 07-01-12 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel (Post 11292117)
I checked 3 more Wal-Marts. One had just Blade Trinity, and the other two had neither part 1 nor part 3.

Blade Trinity is part 3. If you meant Balde II, it's not out yet.

CaptainMarvel 07-01-12 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 11292136)
Blade Trinity is part 3. If you meant Balde II, it's not out yet.

I'm aware. Hence why I referred to part 1 and part 3 only.

darkhawk 07-01-12 07:23 PM

I had past by a 4th store and finally found TMNT trilogy.

That'sAllFolks 07-01-12 09:54 PM

Paranormal Activity 3 -- 5.00 no ship to store .. ph-1.97
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Paranormal...creen/19527745

boc4ever 07-02-12 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 11292406)

Thanks big time. I've been wanting to see this.

Jediturtle 07-02-12 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 11292406)

Awesome! Too bad no ship to store, but oh well. Thanks!

Ace Hunter 07-02-12 08:54 AM

Great find on Paranormal Activity 3. Even with shipping, it's the best price I've seen, especially since it's a BR/DVD/DC combo. Just finished ordering. Thx!

Pizza 07-02-12 09:16 AM

Earlier today I was looking for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles BD set. Didn't find it but I did pick up the Friday the 13th Uncut blu-ray for $7.88.

rbrown498 07-02-12 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ace Hunter (Post 11292693)
Great find on Paranormal Activity 3. Even with shipping, it's the best price I've seen, especially since it's a BR/DVD/DC combo. Just finished ordering. Thx!

Double ditto! Just placed an order.

DVD Polizei 07-02-12 09:48 AM

Is the third film pretty good? I liked the first one.

RobLutter 07-02-12 11:54 AM

If anyone is looking for the TNMT 3-pack in Austin... the Super Wal*Mart in South Austin at SR-71/I-35 had a bunch the other day. They are in the front of the store (near the books) in the BD kiosk facing south near the bottom.

Al_Tahoe 07-02-12 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei (Post 11292750)
Is the third film pretty good? I liked the first one.

Personally I thought it was okay - but definitely the weakest of the 3.

For reference - I own PA1 and PA2 and enjoyed them both very much.

I'm still on the fence as to whether or not it's worth ~$7.50 for PA3 (inc. s&h + tax).

kenbenobi 07-02-12 11:37 PM

I noticed Poseidon Adventure dropped to $9.96 at my store. My receipt was still valid, so I re-purchased it, and returned it. I know I only saved 3 bucks, but it all adds up...